Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

We told ya'' it would happen! He may not leave for Burnley but i will bet he wont complete all of next season.

Only doubt i have about him leaving is that he''s a manager that likes to have money at his team. He wants to be able to splash the cash. Burnley don''t have too much at the minuite... But i suppose it''s better than twenty-odd million in debt! :P

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Oh shit! Let''s hope they go for someone like Southgate[/quote]

Seriously?

[/quote]Not us, Burnley. In r esponse to the young hungry manager post.

You doubt wrong then!

Yes I would be disappointed if he left, especially after just four and a half months. However, I see absolutely nothing wrong with him having ambition, which is something most Col Who fans seem unable to recognise.

He''s going to leave us one day, I''m just realistic, unlike you lot!

[quote user="CUFC Linkin"]We told ya'' it would happen! He may not leave for Burnley but i will bet he wont complete all of next season.

Only doubt i have about him leaving is that he''s a manager that likes to have money at his team. He wants to be able to splash the cash. Burnley don''t have too much at the minuite... But i suppose it''s better than twenty-odd million in debt! :P[/quote]we may have debt, but its very controlled debt, ie we have assets that over haul it, ie owning the ground etc, thats where teams like ipswich struggle when in debt, as they rent the ground, they don''t have that big asset!!OTBC

really cant see this but if it does happen we will still there or there abouts. Really think lambert knows that we have potential with the fan base etc and that he wont want to be seen as going where ever the money is.Cant blamehim for leaving that piss pot shower of shit col u though

Surely to God he isn''t going to walk out on TWO clubs in the same season? That won''t look good on his CV. His job at Carrow Road is half finished - if he gets us promoted then I can forgive him for leaving but he should at least stay to see this season through.

I don''t know, you go over the pub for lunch to watch a bit of cricket and all hell breaks loose!

I''m hanging on to the theory that the betting market for the new Burnley manager is so small that it would only take a handful of punters getting the wrong end of the stick and putting big money on Lambert to send the odds tumbling. Having said that it does surprise me that so many posters think he wouldn''t leave us for Burnley or that they are certain to be relegated. Premiership relegation looks pretty tight to me this season and with West Ham and Portsmouth lurching towards impending financial doom you could even see a couple of ten point deductions.

Looking at it from a neutral point of view, if I was an ambitious young manager I''d see it as a chance to make a real name for myself. Let''s hope nothing comes of it though.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Reports say we have just signed Oli Johnson. Surely the board would not sanction this if there was even the slighest doubt on Lambert ?[/quote]I made that point earlier. We wouldn''t be signing Johnson & Whitbread if the manager is leaving. We''d keep the money for the new guy.

And when he goes he''ll get a round of applause from me & a thank you................ not lots of bitter posts & toys out of the pram like we''ve seen with smaller clubs & their whinging fans.

Come on guys why wouldnt he go....think about it Colchester had just stuffed us 7-1 at home. The team were in the league one going nowhere & he came here didnt he. If someone like Burnley ok so they maybe fighting relegation, but are still a Prem outfit at present.....

I would be gutted to see him go but would wish him the very best of luck.

i would be shocked if this happens for his own sack . can you imagine his reputation if he left after a few months especially after how he left colchester before hand . yes he shows the promise of a very good manager yet would burnley in the position they are in, take on a very much umproven manager at that level ..?

surely this would be too much of a risk to burnley .

speculation just going crazy........ i hope.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Smudger, I totally agree mate and would think along the same lines as you and most likely ask the same questions lol[/quote]

Can anybody confirm what contract if any Lambert is currently on???  Maybe a question for Foulger in his little questiontime later today (if it hasn''t happened already)???

Isn''t it about time Lambert was offered a decent contract?  My understanding would be that if he did walk right now then we would be entitled to pretty much nothing in terms of compensation?

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Reports say we have just signed Oli Johnson. Surely the board would not sanction this if there was even the slighest doubt on Lambert ?[/quote] If there is anything in this it''s come from the Burnley end so at the moment the board would prob be as clueless as us.

[quote user="singing canary"]i would be shocked if this happens for his own sack . can you imagine his reputation if he left after a few months especially after how he left colchester before hand . yes he shows the promise of a very good manager yet would burnley in the position they are in, take on a very much umproven manager at that level ..? surely this would be too much of a risk to burnley . speculation just going crazy........ i hope.[/quote]

Well if he currently has no contract at Carrow Road and Burnley come knocking with a 2 year plus deal could anybody point the finger of blame at Lambert, or would it simply make those in the boardroom at Carrow Road look extremely stupid once more???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Smudger, I totally agree mate and would think along the same lines as you and most likely ask the same questions lol[/quote]

Can anybody confirm what contract if any Lambert is currently on???  Maybe a question for Foulger in his little questiontime later today (if it hasn''t happened already)???

Isn''t it about time Lambert was offered a decent contract?  My understanding would be that if he did walk right now then we would be entitled to pretty much nothing in terms of compensation?

[/quote]It''s a one year rolling contract, so we would be entitled to one year''s worth of compo.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]the odds just keep on tumbling!

Looks like you''re learning the hard way that the man has no loyalty and will jump ship the moment a better offer comes along. At least Burnley won''t appoint him until he has been interviewed and compensation has been agreed.

Why is Owen Coyle not Bolton manager yet? Because they haven''t sorted the compensation, you lot decided to ignore that when appointing Lambert.
You''ve got a great team, Lambert leaving won''t damage your promotion chances, you''ll get a new manager and will realise what a twat he is like we have, as well as getting some money.
Oh and btw you won''t be getting Aidy, he;s loyal unlike Lambert, I expect a better offer to come along one day that he will take, but there''s no way he''ll walk out on our promotion charge, he''ll finish the job he started
[/quote]

I''m sorry that you are still so bitter, those lemons must be dead sour that you are sucking on [:|]

Has he resigned yet?  Did I miss the press release to say he was leaving us for Burnley?

And if he does I would wish him good luck and move on.

[/quote]

I would wish Paul Lambert all the best if there is anything in this and he does decide to go to Burnley also WAY.  It would however mean that inevitable questions would no doubt be asked of those in our boardroom I feel though.  Maybe there is something in it as Lambert is only on a game by game deal with City pretty much isn''t he?  If we haevn''t seen fit to offer him a decent contract as yet and he does walk then we have been pretty short sighted yet again!

[/quote]

If this is the case then it is a very fair point, I would be very interested to know  what sort of  contract he does have, after the dogs breakfast we have made of  recent managerial appointments a game by game deal would have seemed reasonable at the start of his stewardship, however by now I would have expected to see something more permenant. I dont know the facts on this so only speculating!  

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

It''s a one year rolling contract, so we would be entitled to one year''s worth of compo.
[/quote]

Where is your source for this?

I was on the understanding that it was a rolling contract but have never seen any mention of a years contract anywhere.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]It''s a one year rolling contract, so we would be entitled to one year''s worth of compo.[/quote]

Where is your source for this?

I was on the understanding that it was a rolling contract but have never seen any mention of a years contract anywhere.

[/quote]It was stated when he became manager. 1 year rolling contract.Given how trigger happy our board have been recently, why would any sane person sign a game by game contract?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="singing canary"]i would be shocked if this happens for his own sack . can you imagine his reputation if he left after a few months especially after how he left colchester before hand . yes he shows the promise of a very good manager yet would burnley in the position they are in, take on a very much umproven manager at that level ..? surely this would be too much of a risk to burnley . speculation just going crazy........ i hope.[/quote]

Well if he currently has no contract at Carrow Road and Burnley come knocking with a 2 year plus deal could anybody point the finger of blame at Lambert, or would it simply make those in the boardroom at Carrow Road look extremely stupid once more???

[/quote]

I haven''t checked but I recollect it being a 12 month rolling contract so we are entitled to 12 month''s notice or compensation.

However, I cannot understand how the failure to give a long fixed term contratc makes the Board look stupid.  Given the compensation paid to Worthington, Grant, Roeder and Gunn who all failed to see out their contracts, the Board would have bben stupid to have given a rlatively unproven manager a long contract when he signed.

Remember that we are all wise after the event.  The appointment of Lambert was not an earthshattering event at the time and many wanted other candidates.  He was attacked as unproven and possibly not up to such a big club as this.  Wrong of course but reasonable views at the time.  Had he failed then paying out his three year contratc or whatever would rightly have been seen as a failure.

Attack the Club by all means Smudger but on this specific issue you are simply wrong.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Smudger it just says a rolling contract.[/quote]

If this happens let''s see how quick Col Who are to come knocking for their compensation from our compensation!

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED18%20Aug%202009%2010%3A06%3A31%3A857''It is understood he will be placed on a year''s rolling contract and

Norwich and Colchester are now in discussions over compensation.''EDP says so, but you''re right, there''s no ''official'' mention of it anywhere.