Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

Arthur Whittle, I tihnk you''ll find that they are just 2 places off the drop and could actually be in the rele zone this weekend...?

Just asked Michael to go into the Lambert situation a little more and he is answering now on the official site... hopefully he is straight up...

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]In reply to you Colufan, if Burnley get relegated and we get promoted I don''t think we''ll be stopping them having a reasonable amount of away tickets.[/quote]

I''m sure you won''t, you''ll give them your normal allocation as we have given you.

Would you like to answer the compensation question now?

once again we have had no approach for Paul. I''m really impressed by his commitment to Norwich City and the way he goes about his business and I want him to be the manager to take this Club forward.

Thursday January 7, 2010 12:10 Michael Foulger

An announcement from the club or more importantly Lambert himself saying he is going nowhere would settle the nerves a little.

Pete, any chance on someone quizing the club on this?

Maybe they will mention it at the press conference......

Peter Reid was the clear early favourite to go to Bolton. Pulis even did and interview with sky discussing it.......................................moral of the story is lets not panic just yet. I think he''s more honourable than a few months in a new job before leaving

[quote user="cambscanary"]Peter Reid was the clear early favourite to go to Bolton. Pulis even did and interview with sky discussing it.......................................moral of the story is lets not panic just yet. I think he''s more honourable than a few months in a new job before leaving[/quote]

so did we!

I also  asked him to expand his answer re IF an appproach was made and he wanted to go would they try and keep him at Norwich or would they look to work a high compensation and pick up another up and coming manager.... He didn''t answer that one and chose not to answer my question regarding Gold and Sullivan and whether a call was put in to them to ask if they would be interesting in looking at taking over NCFC.... Back to the Lambert situation, he would be a good appointment for Burnley but part of me thinks they might go for Curbs... IF he goes I would want hibs boss Hughes to be our next manager... I would also add that there are a lot of managers out there who i wouldn''t mind taking over from Lambert if he did leave... One of them would be Irvine who I feel was very unlucky to lose his job at Preston... Lambert is crucial to Norwich''s progress but if the worst came to the worst there are other talented managers out of work at the moment who i feel have the talent to get Norwich into the CCC

I''d love this to be true, but I think young Brendan hit the nail on the head - the chances are in a few months time Burnley and Norwich will both be in the championship so in the medium term it''s not really a good move for him.

But if Celtic dispose of Mowbray some time soon, which is entirely possible, that would open an entirely different kettle of bananas. I hope the Board have Lambert on a deal which, when he leaves and let''s be real it''s when and not if, would cost Celtic a fortune when they come knocking.

Colchester fan in peace here and what on earth is going on with Lambert!?

I have yet to see the bookies ever get it so wrong but it does seem there must be something in it for the odds to be short. He is done a brillaint job with you and I really do mean that, he would be STUPID to leave for Burnley wouldn''t he?

I know he is an ambitious so-un-so but surely he wouldn''t go after 5 months!? 

If he does go would he try and take any of our players with him?

The only one I can think of is Hoolahan if he goes to Burnley.  I don''t think he would try and take Holt to Burnley but could see him wanting Holt at Celtic (don''t know why?), along with Hoolahan.

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]

I have yet to see the bookies ever get it so wrong but it does seem there must be something in it for the odds to be short. He is done a brillaint job with you and I really do mean that, he would be STUPID to leave for Burnley wouldn''t he?

[/quote]from day one he has said things that made me feel he sees NC as a stepping stone, he hasn''t tried to hide that... and because of this IF burnley do come calling... I defo think he would go. If anyone can find his press conf when he joined i am pretty sure there is something in it that pretty much says he''s got an eye on moving on to bigger and better things... which... he should do in all honesty... I just hope he has it in him to stay and see a job through and get us back into the ccc... Although... to me seeing the job through would be getting us to the prem... he has it in him...

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]But if Celtic dispose of Mowbray some time soon, which is entirely possible, that would open an entirely different kettle of bananas. I hope the Board have Lambert on a deal which, when he leaves and let''s be real it''s when and not if, would cost Celtic a fortune when they come knocking.[/quote]

Lambert was signed on a rolling contract, so compensation wouldn''t be high unless he signs an new, fixed-term deal

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]In reply to you Colufan, if Burnley get relegated and we get promoted I don''t think we''ll be stopping them having a reasonable amount of away tickets.[/quote] I''m sure you won''t, you''ll give them your normal allocation as we have given you. Would you like to answer the compensation question now?[/quote]

No the FA will answer that so STOP BLEATING ON & ON & ON...... christ you lot are dull

The press conference has nothing to do with this, and Lambert will leave us, but not now.  He is ambitious, but also is smart enough to know that jumping ship again, after only half a season, would look terrible on his CV, and make him nearly unemployable if Burnley were to be relegated and he got the chop there.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="CUFCNYC"]

[/quote]

from day one he has said things that made me feel he sees NC as a stepping stone, he hasn''t tried to hide that... and because of this IF burnley do come calling... I defo think he would go.

If anyone can find his press conf when he joined i am pretty sure there is something in it that pretty much says he''s got an eye on moving on to bigger and better things...

which... he should do in all honesty... I just hope he has it in him to stay and see a job through and get us back into the ccc... Although... to me seeing the job through would be getting us to the prem... he has it in him...

[/quote]

And you are just causing  needless panic amongst City fans, you''re a disgrace!

It is If because if he stays with us until the end of the season and we get promoted, firstly, like someone said earlier we could be in the same league as Burnley and secondly we could be pushing for the Premiership.

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]In reply to you Colufan, if Burnley get relegated and we get promoted I don''t think we''ll be stopping them having a reasonable amount of away tickets.[/quote]

I''m sure you won''t, you''ll give them your normal allocation as we have given you. [/quote]Yes, but seeing as though we regularly sell out our ground then we would have no reason to give any extra tickets to away fans.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]He won''t be leaving to join Burnley so what''s the point of debating it, no manager has had 3 clubs in half a season!![/quote]

Because he''s favourite with the bookies? Clearly there''s something in it, even if it''s only that he''s on their shortlist. We may think we''re a bigger club than Burnley, but they''re 2 divisions above us at the moment, and Lambert may find that hard to turn down

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]The press conference has nothing to do with this, and Lambert will leave us, but not now.  He is ambitious, but also is smart enough to know that jumping ship again, after only half a season, would look terrible on his CV, and make him nearly unemployable if Burnley were to be relegated and he got the chop there.[/quote]That''s true, I don''t think a big move so soon will be in Lamberts best interest. Especially as Burnley are one of the favorites to go down.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="CUFCNYC"]

[/quote]from day one he has said things that made me feel he sees NC as a stepping stone, he hasn''t tried to hide that... and because of this IF burnley do come calling... I defo think he would go. If anyone can find his press conf when he joined i am pretty sure there is something in it that pretty much says he''s got an eye on moving on to bigger and better things... which... he should do in all honesty... I just hope he has it in him to stay and see a job through and get us back into the ccc... Although... to me seeing the job through would be getting us to the prem... he has it in him...

[/quote]

And you are just causing  needless panic amongst City fans, you''re a disgrace!

[/quote]Wiz... you are at times... delicious. I am saying I hope he stays on and he should for the time being... but if he is ambitious he might very well be tempted to go....

Click the broken page next to the url bar. Stop worrying its out of our hands.

Of course I would expect compensation, but I would do it behind closed doors and not appear to be bitter about it in public.

At the end of the day he left Colchester and we all expect him to be in demand and the likelihood is he''ll leave us at some point. But whether we want compensation or not thats football and I wouldn''t be bitter about him leaving for years after- I''d thank him for leaving us in a better position than when he joined us.