Sign in to follow this  
Bethnal Yellow and Green

We should totally try to gazump this...

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/story/us-chief-apologises-after-drink-drive-arrest.aspx

LOL @ this [:P]
[/quote]

Oh dear and such a squeaky clean image [:)]

Steve Bradshaw, 43, was stopped by police in Bradfield following the team’s Christmas lunch.

Although he believed he was under the legal limit to drive, he was arrested and bailed to appear in court in March next year.

Today Mr Bradshaw, who took over as chief executive of the U’s a year ago, told the EADT he deeply regretted what he had done.

“I made a terrible mistake and I fully recognise that. That doesn’t make it right. It was a grave error of judgement,” he said.

Mr Bradshaw, who is also deputy chairman of the town’s local strategic partnership, Colchester2020, said: “I had been to the playing staff’s Christmas lunch.

“I went there at about 4pm. I thought I had three glasses of wine. I left at 7pm. My biggest concern is for my family. My main concern is how they are going to be treated.”

You either know you have had more than the legal limit or you don''t[:|]

Fantasy League legend in about 2000-2001 along with Poyet, Lee Clark and the Derby striker who would do random things for no apparent reason and still score about 20 a season - I think it was Wanchope.  But yeah, past it now.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

You either know you have had more than the legal limit or you don''t[:|]

[/quote]

Depends how pissed you are [8-)]

[/quote]

Indeed hahaha, but I know how much I have to drink, and also it''s not like he couldn''t afford a taxi, if you are gonna drive, don''t drink [:)]

Wouldn''t want him cause -

We don''t need him, cause he probably wouldn''t be good enough or hungry enough for that matter!

He''d want a fortune, which he wouldn''t be worth!

I''d guess the best indication of how Solano would perform would be Sibierski''s largely poor efforts last season!

If ColU are silly to sign him then so be it!

Solano was 100 times better than Sibierski. The guy had serious class and at 35 could still offer plenty. Not sure where he''d fit in to our side though.

But seriously, it would be worth it to poach him just to see Cowling go totally nuts and get carried away by men in white coats!

You could try to derail it if you want but I think it would be difficult.  He is a personal friend of Aidy and at Colchester at his invitation. AB tried to sign him when he was at Watford and is an admirer of his skills.  Whether those are still present I do not know and presumably that is the purpose of the "trial".  At his best he was an awesome player with a dead ball - notable corner and direct free kick taker I seem to recall, always an asset.  We shall see.

I guess none of us really know what Solano would perform like at the moment, but if I''d heard he was training with us I would be optimistic. I often think we could do with a class act at the end of his career, maybe not for the starting eleven, but just to have for that little bit of magic. Would have liked him to do well, but not with them, not right now.

“I went there at about 4pm. I thought I had three glasses of wine. I left at 7pm. My biggest concern is for my family. My main concern is how they are going to be treated.

I''d have thought the wine would be undrinkable in Colchester this Christmas with all the sour grapes down there. But then again Cowling likes a good whine!