Sign in to follow this  
CUFCNYC

Col U fan in peace

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]Ahh Wizard... I have missed you on our board! I beg to differ but you do. I think a good point was made above that there must be bits in the contract that need working out otherwise it would have been done by now. If you poach, which you can have no argurment you did (mCNalley even said so) then you must expect to compensate the club you have got him from surely? If Lambert got approached about the Boro job and left, you would expect compensation would you not?[/quote]

Hi there CUFC, I only post on your excellent site, if someone is having a pop at PL or City.

You gave us permission to speak to Lambert, and the point is, can you prove we offered him the job BEFORE he resigned.........or have I got that wrong?

[/quote]

Well I hope you don''t mind me posting on yours? I knew we wouldnt get an acceptable answer but was interested to see what you giys thought.

My understanding of the situation was that we offered you permission to speak to Lambert but not offer him employment or discuss personal terms. Is that different, I believe it is. When a manager or player wants away, they generally get it.

I think the bit thats frustrating with this for me is that he wasn''t even interviewed or that Norwich did things ''the right way''. I use that loosely so I dont get abuse but what I mean is agree the compensation with Col U, and THEN speak to the manager. I am assuming Norwich knew this permission would not be granted so McNalley went strraight to his old pal directly. Only then were Col U consulted.

I have a feeling this will rumble on and neither club will get what they feel they deserve. We have hit the jackpot with Aidy and I really think he will give us a good season. With Lambert, I think you will have a good one too but the sooner this gets sorted out, the better for us all.

The fact that the three of them walked away works in our favour I believe.  Granted, payment will still be owed, around 60K for Lambert (I think he was in his last season) and another 80K for the other two.  I''m not too sure on their wages however, I''m guessing they would be on that amount a year (Lambo 60K and the other two 40K) so a combined total of 140K, which I think is reasonable and I would say that it is probably deserved to you.On the subject of your crowds, I''m sure that you''ll be able to sort it out once people see that you''ve got a great League 1 side and a good manager behind them.  The credit crunch is probably having an effect and I would expect (and hope) that once the worst of that is over the crowds will rise a bit.  With both clubs precarious financial position I can understand why the compensation process is being drawn out, you guys wanting those few extra pounds and us wanting to shave off as much as possible.  Either way I reckon you''ll get enough to buy a decent addition to your squad (if only it were that simple)Good luck to you in the rest of the season, obviously we''ll be come streaming past you in the League soon and I''m sure we''ll give you a friendly wave on the way past. [;)]Looking forward to the playing you in the League!

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]Good question and sadly we struggle from people going to watch & supporting other teams in the area. The Hammers & Ipswich take a few and generally they are fans as they play at a higher level (both perhaps not for much longer) and only come to us when there is an ''appealing'' fixture. It wasn''t also helped by Walsall bringing less then a hundred!!

If the clubs cannot agree, I can''t see how we will on here but of course I believe we deserve more. As one of the chaps put it on our site:

- 3 of our management team left on the same day to join you

- Norwich wanted to offer PL the job before any discussions has supposedly taken place and no compensation was agreed

- It was mid season not even during the summer and didn''t give us ample time to source a replacement and completely left us in the lurch

I would suggest on the basis of that, around £400,000 with a bit more to come if Lambert takes you up.

You could just give us Holt and Hoolahan and call it even!! :)[/quote]

... and then, of course, there are all of us Canaries bypassing Colchester and Ipswich every other weekend!

[quote user="King Canary"]The fact that the three of them walked away works in our favour I believe.  Granted, payment will still be owed, around 60K for Lambert (I think he was in his last season) and another 80K for the other two.  I''m not too sure on their wages however, I''m guessing they would be on that amount a year (Lambo 60K and the other two 40K) so a combined total of 140K, which I think is reasonable and I would say that it is probably deserved to you.
[/quote]You''re in a dream world, Lambert would be on miles and miles more than that. Be very surprised if less than £250k a year.

Jedi... I assume this one?

I did facetiously make a point, I would like answering tho... you''ve made a lot of the "decision made before even interviewing" - but I''d honestly say, if Google came along and offered me a job, I''d say "yes" before they finished the sentence. Google is a good company, and more importantly, my current job sucks... So Lambert knew he''d want to joing a club with 5 times as many supporters watching each game - bit of a no-brainer... maybe he''d have taken any job to get away from you guys, as his job sucked...!! (only teasing...!)... my question remains; so what if he''d decided he wanted to go before an interview - it has zero relevance...

I guess I answered a bit of this in my previous post in terms of once managers or players wanting out, they generally get it. The part about him deciding to go I agree is completely irrelevant... makes no difference. What does make the difference is that Norwich didnt agree before hand what the fee would be if he left us to join you. That why we have this mess. Many clubs change their managers during the season and in 99% of cases, they approach the clubs Chairman, agree the compensation fee and then talk to the target. If they dont agree a fee, they dont leave.

I think for me the frustration is that it all seemed a bit ''underhanded'' by a couple of old mates and unless we had stood up for ourselves, would have been completly shafted. Thankfully our Chairman has deep pockets and we will wait for the tribuneral but I think you guys will be shocked at what you end up paying.

Bet you wish you had never asked now... :)

"Bet you wish you had never asked now... :) "

Not at all!

"What does make the difference is that Norwich didnt agree before hand what the fee would be if he left us to join you. That why we have this mess. Many clubs change their managers during the season and in 99% of cases, they approach the clubs Chairman, agree the compensation fee and then talk to the target."

I don''t agree - it''s seem ludicrous to agree compensation for a deal that hasn''t even been discussed, let alone agreed... I''ve never heard of this ever happening before. Your chairman supposedly made the "you must agree compensation before hand" as an extra stipulation - therefore proving it doesn''t normally happen, otherwise he''d not have made the point to ask for it as an extra stipulation... not that we listened to him - I think we heard the "yeah you can talk to him, IF" and then we ran for it! ;) This I believe is the reason for him being annoyed, and therefore created this fuss...

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Bet you wish you had never asked now... :) "

Not at all!

"What does make the difference is that Norwich didnt agree before hand what the fee would be if he left us to join you. That why we have this mess. Many clubs change their managers during the season and in 99% of cases, they approach the clubs Chairman, agree the compensation fee and then talk to the target."

I don''t agree - it''s seem ludicrous to agree compensation for a deal that hasn''t even been discussed, let alone agreed... I''ve never heard of this ever happening before. Your chairman supposedly made the "you must agree compensation before hand" as an extra stipulation - therefore proving it doesn''t normally happen, otherwise he''d not have made the point to ask for it as an extra stipulation... not that we listened to him - I think we heard the "yeah you can talk to him, IF" and then we ran for it! ;) This I believe is the reason for him being annoyed, and therefore created this fuss...[/quote]

I am really sorry to say that it does... all the time. Why would you allow a manager under contract to speak to another club until you knew the fee they would pay should they reach an acceptable conculsion. They could agree a contract and then suggest £1 was acceptable which I assume (although not £1) happened in this case after Lambert wanted to leave.

As I siad before, I think this will rumble on but I really hope it gets sorted before january so we can spend your money!! :-)

[quote user="King Canary"]The fact that the three of them walked away works in our favour I believe.  Granted, payment will still be owed, around 60K for Lambert (I think he was in his last season) and another 80K for the other two.  I''m not too sure on their wages however, I''m guessing they would be on that amount a year (Lambo 60K and the other two 40K) so a combined total of 140K, which I think is reasonable and I would say that it is probably deserved to you.

On the subject of your crowds, I''m sure that you''ll be able to sort it out once people see that you''ve got a great League 1 side and a good manager behind them.  The credit crunch is probably having an effect and I would expect (and hope) that once the worst of that is over the crowds will rise a bit. 

With both clubs precarious financial position I can understand why the compensation process is being drawn out, you guys wanting those few extra pounds and us wanting to shave off as much as possible.  Either way I reckon you''ll get enough to buy a decent addition to your squad (if only it were that simple)

Good luck to you in the rest of the season, obviously we''ll be come streaming past you in the League soon and I''m sure we''ll give you a friendly wave on the way past. [;)]

Looking forward to the playing you in the League!
[/quote]

You don''t seem to understand how much money managers in the FL get.  Sutton in his first managerial job in a division down is on well over £100k to start - Lambert, by repute, was on around £200,000 at Colchester which presumably you improved upon.  Culverhouse wasn''t on peanuts either.

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]Jedi... I assume this one? I did facetiously make a point, I would like answering tho... you''ve made a lot of the "decision made before even interviewing" - but I''d honestly say, if Google came along and offered me a job, I''d say "yes" before they finished the sentence. Google is a good company, and more importantly, my current job sucks... So Lambert knew he''d want to joing a club with 5 times as many supporters watching each game - bit of a no-brainer... maybe he''d have taken any job to get away from you guys, as his job sucked...!! (only teasing...!)... my question remains; so what if he''d decided he wanted to go before an interview - it has zero relevance... I guess I answered a bit of this in my previous post in terms of once managers or players wanting out, they generally get it. The part about him deciding to go I agree is completely irrelevant... makes no difference. What does make the difference is that Norwich didnt agree before hand what the fee would be if he left us to join you. That why we have this mess. Many clubs change their managers during the season and in 99% of cases, they approach the clubs Chairman, agree the compensation fee and then talk to the target. If they dont agree a fee, they dont leave. I think for me the frustration is that it all seemed a bit ''underhanded'' by a couple of old mates and unless we had stood up for ourselves, would have been completly shafted. Thankfully our Chairman has deep pockets and we will wait for the tribuneral but I think you guys will be shocked at what you end up paying. Bet you wish you had never asked now... :)[/quote]

When have you ever heard of a club going to a tribunal and getting much money? I have never heard of it happening, take players under 24 leaving on a free for example, the club they leave get peanuts, never what they think they deserve.

The tribunal will calculate the amount using justifiable means, not a back of the fag packet calculation involving unquatifiable variables such as potential success at Colchester.

£150k - £200k for Lambert sounds about right, wouldn''t be surprised if it was less, pretty much nothing for the other two, I doubt they would have kept there jobs at Col U anyway.

i wouldnt hold out much of of a tribuneral granting to much money.

if you see some of the crap fees they are making Premiership clubs pay small teams for their out of contract wonderkids, its just peanuts with fairly good add on clauses.

so i reakon, bugger all up front, a bit WHEN we get promoted at the end of the season, and a shed load if we get to the premiership

"our chairman has deep pockets"

yep, bet his recruitment business is really thriving at the moment...ha ha.

face it pal you are small time in every sense, and I am slightly disappointed with myself and fellow Norwich fans for engaging with supporter of a team, who in truth, should not be on the same planet as us, let alone league.

Lambert knows that, everyone knows it, now do one, and stick to your rivalry with Wycombe.

Hasn''t Cam just about summed up the likely result - he is in the know after all. He estimated Lambo as being on £200K p.a. (given Robins at Rotherham was on £50K this would thus seem a bit steep, but let''s go with it). He had less than a year on his contract so no more than £200K. A new manager was found relateviely quickly, so punitive damages are out of the question, which is made totally nonsensical as I type cos you are higher than us in the league (ah ha delaying tactic on your part until the inevitable happens?). However Lambo will have had some kind of clause about considering other offers which would have probably wiped out any thought of compensation. It was just McNally''s personal links to Lambo that short circuited the approach (I would think herer that Lambo probably let it out of the bag before he should have done, in all the excitement!). Thus there may have been a techincal breach in the appraoch by Norwich, but there would have been a clause stopping any compensation being payable within Lambo''s contract. The tribunal will thus much reduce the cost of the technical breach, probably to the amount of any notice that Lambo or the club was due in the contract. On that basis no more than £50K - if that is the case I''d accept Curo or Nelson!

[quote user="First Jedi"]Your chairman said you''d replace Lambert with a better manager - so nothing. You got a better manager - therefore you should owe us compensation, for aiding you in improving your season.[/quote]

He said that? Sounds like sour grapes. He resigned we owe Colchester nothing imo.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]"our chairman has deep pockets"

yep, bet his recruitment business is really thriving at the moment...ha ha.

face it pal you are small time in every sense, and I am slightly disappointed with myself and fellow Norwich fans for engaging with supporter of a team, who in truth, should not be on the same planet as us, let alone league.

Lambert knows that, everyone knows it, now do one, and stick to your rivalry with Wycombe.[/quote]

LOL

Nice ;)

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Bet you wish you had never asked now... :) " Not at all! "What does make the difference is that Norwich didnt agree before hand what the fee would be if he left us to join you. That why we have this mess. Many clubs change their managers during the season and in 99% of cases, they approach the clubs Chairman, agree the compensation fee and then talk to the target." I don''t agree - it''s seem ludicrous to agree compensation for a deal that hasn''t even been discussed, let alone agreed... I''ve never heard of this ever happening before. Your chairman supposedly made the "you must agree compensation before hand" as an extra stipulation - therefore proving it doesn''t normally happen, otherwise he''d not have made the point to ask for it as an extra stipulation... not that we listened to him - I think we heard the "yeah you can talk to him, IF" and then we ran for it! ;) This I believe is the reason for him being annoyed, and therefore created this fuss...[/quote]

You were granted permission to speak to Lambert under FL Rule 21.iii under which Cowling was entitled to make it a condition that compensation was agreed in advance between the two clubs.  You agreed to that condition and faxed your agreement to Colchester - and then broke it. 

Didnt Lambert resign before he was appointed ?If thats so thats your loop hole meaning all we owe you is a 8-0 drubbing down at whatever pig farm you call a home pitch :)

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Bet you wish you had never asked now... :) " Not at all! "What does make the difference is that Norwich didnt agree before hand what the fee would be if he left us to join you. That why we have this mess. Many clubs change their managers during the season and in 99% of cases, they approach the clubs Chairman, agree the compensation fee and then talk to the target." I don''t agree - it''s seem ludicrous to agree compensation for a deal that hasn''t even been discussed, let alone agreed... I''ve never heard of this ever happening before. Your chairman supposedly made the "you must agree compensation before hand" as an extra stipulation - therefore proving it doesn''t normally happen, otherwise he''d not have made the point to ask for it as an extra stipulation... not that we listened to him - I think we heard the "yeah you can talk to him, IF" and then we ran for it! ;) This I believe is the reason for him being annoyed, and therefore created this fuss...[/quote]

You were granted permission to speak to Lambert under FL Rule 21.iii under which Cowling was entitled to make it a condition that compensation was agreed in advance between the two clubs.  You agreed to that condition and faxed your agreement to Colchester - and then broke it. 

[/quote]

Presumably as you are the one in the know Cam you can cofirm for us whether lambert had a clause in his contract that enabled him to move to a bigger club?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Surely the moment he resigned that all became irrelevant. Unless you can show we offered him the job before he resigned.

[quote user="Smeg"]or you can take cureton now? deal or no deal?[/quote]

No thank you.  He wouldn''t get in our current squad.  Had you bought Iwelumo at the same time as Cureton you might have got yourself a bargain pairing but, for whatever reason, that didn''t happen.  Cureton needs a high quality provider to put balls across at a height he can deal with and, as far as I see it, you have never successfully found him one - or not one with the skill of Iwelumo.