Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

PROUD

We played well tonight. Error by keeper, but he had a great game apart from that.  The idiots on this post who are having a go at Forster should simply go away - you are obviously under the age of 8 or the club is far far far better off without you.

Fantastic game. The better team by far.BUT there is one horrible, niggling worry at the back of my mind. There''s something about Norwich; we can produce chance after chance & not quite put it away, while teams like Leeds pick up on the one or two mistakes we make & nick the win. Then, after a while, the confidence goes & the chances start drying up ......The measure of Lambert''s management will be if he can get them playing through patches like that & keep the confidence & desire going. So far, the signs are promising.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Fantastic game. The better team by far.BUT there is one horrible, niggling worry at the back of my mind. There''s something about Norwich; we can produce chance after chance & not quite put it away, while teams like Leeds pick up on the one or two mistakes we make & nick the win. Then, after a while, the confidence goes & the chances start drying up ......[/quote]There were times when you just wanted a player to take a shot at goal but instead they passed it one too many times at which point the Leeds defenders were all over them. Bloody annoying.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I would go as far as saying that is THE most embarrassing kepper flop of all time, and Im being deadly serious. Totally unforgivible. Leeds fans are laughing their heads off right now. Hopefully this guys career id finished.[/quote]

Ever seen Paul Robinson play?  Or Gunny at Portaloo Road?  Or Higuita in Italia 90?  Let''s keep some perspective, it was bad but not that bad.
[/quote]

I''ll add Dave Beasant to that list if I may?

.com

Very impressed with Norwich tonight, can''t see you rotting in that league for several years like Leeds, Forest, Sheff Wed, etc.

Shame we let them have Gradel, without him I think you''d have got a deserved 3 points, definitely the one.

You''re not wrong, Its nearly 3.

Anger has consumed me with this one. Such a shame. Tmo I will see the brighter side of the performance Im sure.

Just WHY

Much respect mate......Back in the day i was at the City Ground when we were getting stuffed 4-0 (D.Johnson to add insult to injury) and was having a go at fellow City fans for not making any noise.....We all do things in moments of passion.......Hope when the head clears in the morning you will feel that we have made immense progress and are finally heading in the right direction.......Tell you what, ill have a giant Corona Extra for you and you have a mango lassi for me :POh, and if any jobs going out there in Delhi give me a shout :)OTBC

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Forget the Forster howler... what a performance tonight though... tonight we PROVED we have what it takes to finish in the top 2, we proved we have what it takes to take on the likes of Leeds.

A sit a proud fan still[/quote]With all due respect, what''s the point of giving good performances when you still end up losing the game? All we proved is that we are nearly capable of winning against the league leaders; Leeds will  be laughing tonight having been second best for most of the second half, yet still ended up with the three points after being gifted the win by our lads. Same old Norwich unfortunately, and no matter how empathetic we are, we missed out massively tonight.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Eh, that didnt happen. We played well yes, but we could have quite easily conceeded 5 in the second half.[/quote]

Who stopped those goals going in, making two very impressive saves in doing so... Of that''s right Forster.

You muppet!

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Lincs CR"]Forget the Forster howler... what a performance tonight though... tonight we PROVED we have what it takes to finish in the top 2, we proved we have what it takes to take on the likes of Leeds. A sit a proud fan still[/quote]

With all due respect, what''s the point of giving good performances when you still end up losing the game? All we proved is that we are nearly capable of winning against the league leaders; Leeds will  be laughing tonight having been second best for most of the second half, yet still ended up with the three points after being gifted the win by our lads. Same old Norwich unfortunately, and no matter how empathetic we are, we missed out massively tonight.
[/quote]

Oh sssh you must remember that 99.9% of good Norwich fans love being gallant losers???  [;)]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I would go as far as saying that is THE most embarrassing kepper flop of all time, and Im being deadly serious. Totally unforgivible. Leeds fans are laughing their heads off right now. Hopefully this guys career id finished.[/quote]

what a spaz you are. Most people seem to manage constuctive critisism here, but you seem to fail on the front. I take it you haven''t watched much football then?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I would go as far as saying that is THE most embarrassing kepper flop of all time, and Im being deadly serious. Totally unforgivible. Leeds fans are laughing their heads off right now. Hopefully this guys career id finished.[/quote]

Shut up you Dick!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Lincs CR"]Forget the Forster howler... what a performance tonight though... tonight we PROVED we have what it takes to finish in the top 2, we proved we have what it takes to take on the likes of Leeds. A sit a proud fan still[/quote]

With all due respect, what''s the point of giving good performances when you still end up losing the game? All we proved is that we are nearly capable of winning against the league leaders; Leeds will  be laughing tonight having been second best for most of the second half, yet still ended up with the three points after being gifted the win by our lads. Same old Norwich unfortunately, and no matter how empathetic we are, we missed out massively tonight.
[/quote]

Oh sssh you must remember that 99.9% of good Norwich fans love being gallant losers???  [;)]

[/quote]

I see your mental illness hasn''t cleared up! You''re like vermin crawling out of the cracks in the floorboards.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Lincs CR"]Forget the Forster howler... what a performance tonight though... tonight we PROVED we have what it takes to finish in the top 2, we proved we have what it takes to take on the likes of Leeds. A sit a proud fan still[/quote]With all due respect, what''s the point of giving good performances when you still end up losing the game? All we proved is that we are nearly capable of winning against the league leaders; Leeds will  be laughing tonight having been second best for most of the second half, yet still ended up with the three points after being gifted the win by our lads. Same old Norwich unfortunately, and no matter how empathetic we are, we missed out massively tonight.[/quote]

[/quote]Can''t disagree with that Smudge, a lot of people will be happy with the fact we "nearly" beat those Northern mugs. Alas, we fell quite considerably short, and walked away with NOTHING yet again - regardless of individual errors we simply didn''t punish Leeds when we were on top. I''m sure I''m not the only one who predicted a loss when Hoolahan failed to put the ball away in the first ten minutes.Still, I''m sure you realise from your personal business experiences that things dont always go to plan, and hopefully PL will use this unfortunate defeat as a coaching tool, to hep us make up those 9 points in the last 3/4 of the season. It wasn''t a crucial game, whatever anyone says, and I think we will be able to make the most of it in terms of improving as a team.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I would go as far as saying that is THE most embarrassing kepper flop of all time, and Im being deadly serious. Totally unforgivible. Leeds fans are laughing their heads off right now. Hopefully this guys career id finished.[/quote] Nonsense[/quote]

You obviously never saw Gary Sprake who I recall threw the ball into his own net, amongst other major calamities. He played for LEEDS by the way !!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I would go as far as saying that is THE most embarrassing kepper flop of all time, and Im being deadly serious. Totally unforgivible. Leeds fans are laughing their heads off right now. Hopefully this guys career id finished.[/quote]Ever seen Paul Robinson play?  Or Gunny at Portaloo Road?  Or Higuita in Italia 90?  Let''s keep some perspective, it was bad but not that bad.[/quote]

Chops - you missed another one - Green against Forest in the year we won the Division 1 title. AND we were actually 11th that season mid-October from memory rather than the current 6th?

Unfortunately for a keeper, your mistakes are usually fatal. No-one is having a go for Wes hitting his shot straight at the keeper in the first half? Likewise at Holt for hitting the side netting albeit from a narrow angle.

Forster was obviously injured - else Rudd wouldnt have been warming up. He just as obviously decided he could carry on. If he made a mistake, it was that he should have got a defender to take goal kicks (he mishit another GK just after the goal) but there we go. Gutted? Yes. Will Leeds and Scum fans take the Pi$$? Yes - we''d do the same. Positives to take from the game? Plenty - we outplayed the unbeaten league leaders, who had the best defence in the COUNTRY - and with some better finishing and a bit of luck we could have had 3 points. I think we''ve got 3 good keepers at the club (and Im not including Theo Flappalotikos in that)

[quote user="Fort Worth Canary"]

Shut up you Dick!

[/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote user="In Lambert I Trust"]

Totally proud.

I will not and cannot accept that Leeds, whilst good, are better than us, furthermore, I''m uttery convinced that we will go up in the top two this season.[Y]

[/quote]

Absolutely [Y]