Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

PROUD

Forget the Forster howler... what a performance tonight though... tonight we PROVED we have what it takes to finish in the top 2, we proved we have what it takes to take on the likes of Leeds.

A sit a proud fan still

Indeed, we lost to a team who is unbeaten.  Of course on our performance we should have won, or at least got a point from the game, but Leeds aren''t unbeaten because they are shocking.

Keepers make mistakes, Forster made some cracking saves tonight, and made a howler.

But at the start of the season how many of us would have taken the position we are now in? after losing so heavily?

We move on to the next match now, personally I think the lads played well (until the Forster flop)

I would go as far as saying that is THE most embarrassing kepper flop of all time, and Im being deadly serious. Totally unforgivible. Leeds fans are laughing their heads off right now. Hopefully this guys career id finished.

Id say the Gunn bobble beats that hands down.Let Forster alone, he messed up and he will get told that im sure.BUT if it wasnt for Forster we woulda been 2-1 down a lot earlier , he had a cracking game until he bottled it at the end.

Seen many worse, he catches the ground and fluffs the kick, its sickening but we were heading for a point and not 3 so its just one lost. Onto the next.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I would go as far as saying that is THE most embarrassing kepper flop of all time, and Im being deadly serious. Totally unforgivible. Leeds fans are laughing their heads off right now. Hopefully this guys career id finished.[/quote]Ever seen Paul Robinson play?  Or Gunny at Portaloo Road?  Or Higuita in Italia 90?  Let''s keep some perspective, it was bad but not that bad.

seriously that wasnt the worst howler of all time. Gunnys probably was! The defence should of been goal side, the funny think is that a sunday league team would do that but when your a pro footballer you dont expect you GK to fluff it. Well played today norwich.

''Hopefully this guys career is finished?

What an evil comment, dear some fans are so fickle. Its just a game, did you not see the look of distraught on the poor lads face? It is just plain evil to say that, even after he made some very good saves.

Now I am not at all happy, but isn''t that just a tad over the top?

Some of the stuff being written on here is unbelievable! i can honestly say i havent seen City play that well for many a year. Yes it was a sickening way to lose the game but thats life.This soccer a.m culture drives me mental. We should be proud of how we played tonight...we gave Leeds a lesson in football and bar one error we would have come away with a richly deserved point.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I would go as far as saying that is THE most embarrassing kepper flop of all time, and Im being deadly serious. Totally unforgivible. Leeds fans are laughing their heads off right now. Hopefully this guys career id finished.[/quote]

Nonsense

I would be proud ... If I hadn''t just watched us throw away a game we deserved to win, sending Leeds (who were crap) to the top of the league. So instead, I''m ''pi$$ed off'' rather than ''proud''.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I would be proud ... If I hadn''t just watched us throw away a game we deserved to win, sending Leeds (who were crap) to the top of the league. So instead, I''m ''pi$$ed off'' rather than ''proud''.

[/quote]This is very much the mood I''m in. It would be far easier to feel "proud" if we hadn''t lost to an amateur mistake. [:S]

[quote user="Norwich"]''Hopefully this guys career is finished? What an evil comment, dear some fans are so fickle. Its just a game, did you not see the look of distraught on the poor lads face? It is just plain evil to say that, even after he made some very good saves. Now I am not at all happy, but isn''t that just a tad over the top?[/quote]

Its very evil. But zero tollerance is the only way we will irradicate these pathetic throwaways. Hes let his team mates down, hes let the fans down, hes let a MASSIVE result slip. All because he cannot fulfill basic football requisites and kick an f''in football. Sorry to sound so harsh, but I cant see any positives right now.

[quote user="6088m canary"]Some of the stuff being written on here is unbelievable! i can honestly say i havent seen City play that well for many a year.
Yes it was a sickening way to lose the game but thats life.
This soccer a.m culture drives me mental. We should be proud of how we played tonight...we gave Leeds a lesson in football and bar one error we would have come away with a richly deserved point.

[/quote]

Eh, that didnt happen. We played well yes, but we could have quite easily conceeded 5 in the second half.

I agree with you guys, how he managed to fluff a goal kick that all he needed to do was send into the other half is beyond me!!!!!

Gotta be honest though, we deserved all 3, leeds just took the chances they were given, we didnt really do that, so in some ways we kind of got what was coming to us.......again....

well......perhaps its past your bedtime out in Delhi mate?We didnt finish them off when we were on top but i can hosetly say we would have troubled 90% of Championship sides playing the way we did tonight.Sure it''s disappointing but that''s football. We will play a lot worse than that and win thats for sure.First time in a long while i have seen the whole side play with such passion.Only slight worry is that we have a fair bot of ground to make up to reach the top 2.

Totally proud.

I will not and cannot accept that Leeds, whilst good, are better than us, furthermore, I''m uttery convinced that we will go up in the top two this season.[Y]

[quote user="6088m canary"]well......
perhaps its past your bedtime out in Delhi mate?
We didnt finish them off when we were on top but i can hosetly say we would have troubled 90% of Championship sides playing the way we did tonight.
Sure it''s disappointing but that''s football. We will play a lot worse than that and win thats for sure.
First time in a long while i have seen the whole side play with such passion.
Only slight worry is that we have a fair bot of ground to make up to reach the top 2.
[/quote]

You''re not wrong, Its nearly 3.

Anger has consumed me with this one. Such a shame. Tmo I will see the brighter side of the performance Im sure.

Just WHY???

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Norwich"]''Hopefully this guys career is finished? What an evil comment, dear some fans are so fickle. Its just a game, did you not see the look of distraught on the poor lads face? It is just plain evil to say that, even after he made some very good saves. Now I am not at all happy, but isn''t that just a tad over the top?[/quote]

Its very evil. But zero tollerance is the only way we will irradicate these pathetic throwaways. Hes let his team mates down, hes let the fans down, hes let a MASSIVE result slip. All because he cannot fulfill basic football requisites and kick an f''in football. Sorry to sound so harsh, but I cant see any positives right now.

[/quote]Zero tolerance? Ok, when you learn decent grammar and spelling, come back on this message board.Until then perhaps understand what team spirit is and how, if we all pull together, we can go forward together.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Totally proud.

I will not and cannot accept that Leeds, whilst good, are better than us, furthermore, I''m uttery convinced that we will go up in the top two this season.[Y]

[/quote]Totally with you Wiz!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]Get a grip, please. Take some time to calm down before posting, rash comments do nobody any good.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Totally proud.

[/quote]

After the embarrassment of our awful start to the season I feel that I can at least hold my head up at work tomorrow.  I''m proud too Wiz.  Up until now I''ve been really cautious about where will finish at the end the season.  It seems really dumb but after that defeat I''m far more optimistic about where we will finish and I honestly think that top 2 is not out of the question.  We''ve played the top team in the division off the park and been very unlucky to lose.  At the moment I''m gutted but I see nothing but real hope for the next seven months.

I wish I could share the sense of achievement that many posters seem to have tonight but I feel like I could write several volumes on the number of times City should have won a game. Knowing that they were good enough to win doesn''t put points on the board. If it did we probably wouldn''t have been relegated last season. [:''(]