Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

96th minute winner

Sparky was going nuts at the 4th offiial, can''t blame him either.

How many times have we seen Utd get unexplainable additional minutes??

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Does anyone other than City fans actually care? Cracking game and more than lived up to the hype! [/quote]I care. Year after year we have to watch Man USA getting preferential treatment from referees and I''m sick of it. They wouldn''t have half the trophies they do if their refereeing was impartial. Helping one team to beat another is match-fixing, and there is no way around it.Did anybody else think the free-kick for USA''s third was a helpful decision as well?

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Cheating united bastards! almost 7 minutes added on..You can tell the ref was trying to aid man utd[/quote]Surely the problem lies with the officials themselves, and not Manchester United? Just a thought.............

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Cheating united bastards! almost 7 minutes added on..You can tell the ref was trying to aid man utd[/quote]Surely the problem lies with the officials themselves, and not Manchester United? Just a thought.............[/quote]Depends on what goes on behind closed doors...

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Clipped Canary"]Does anyone other than City fans actually care? Cracking game and more than lived up to the hype! [/quote]I care. Year after year we have to watch Man USA getting preferential treatment from referees and I''m sick of it. They wouldn''t have half the trophies they do if their refereeing was impartial. Helping one team to beat another is match-fixing, and there is no way around it.Did anybody else think the free-kick for USA''s third was a helpful decision as well?[/quote]If you don''t like it, don''t watch it........[8-)]

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Cheating united bastards! almost 7 minutes added on..You can tell the ref was trying to aid man utd[/quote]Surely the problem lies with the officials themselves, and not Manchester United? Just a thought.............[/quote]Depends on what goes on behind closed doors...[/quote]If you really believe that, then you are seriously deluded my friend...........

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Cheating united bastards! almost 7 minutes added on..You can tell the ref was trying to aid man utd[/quote]Surely the problem lies with the officials themselves, and not Manchester United? Just a thought.............[/quote]Depends on what goes on behind closed doors...[/quote]If you really believe that, then you are seriously deluded my friend...........[/quote]Deluded? It happened in Italy, why not here? I think you''re either too complacent or a Man USA fan. It''s obvious they get assistance, denial is ridiculous.As for not watching, why should I stop? I would just like the game I love to be fair. Is that too much to ask?    

Blame the ref and the 4th official, you can hardly blame the team, they just play to the whistle.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Fair enough City make a sub to time waste, so another 30 seconds, or even a minute could be added on. But not 90 seconds![/quote]Yes - and it was United, not City, who made the substitution.  Amazing really, and they wonder why people think Man U get special treatment - could it be because they do get special treatment?

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Cheating united bastards! almost 7 minutes added on..You can tell the ref was trying to aid man utd[/quote]Surely the problem lies with the officials themselves, and not Manchester United? Just a thought.............[/quote]Depends on what goes on behind closed doors...[/quote]If you really believe that, then you are seriously deluded my friend...........[/quote]Deluded? It happened in Italy, why not here? I think you''re either too complacent or a Man USA fan. It''s obvious they get assistance, denial is ridiculous.As for not watching, why should I stop? I would just like the game I love to be fair. Is that too much to ask?     [/quote]I''m obviously too complacent then. I just can''t be concerning myself with issues like this to be honest. I really don''t care! United got 6 minutes added on, they scored. Right or wrong, I''m not bothered. I was just curious as to why people get so excited about it?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Fair enough City make a sub to time waste, so another 30 seconds, or even a minute could be added on. But not 90 seconds![/quote]

Yes - and it was United, not City, who made the substitution.  Amazing really, and they wonder why people think Man U get special treatment - could it be because they do get special treatment?

[/quote]

Did you miss the goal then Mister[:^)]

Did you have to leave early to check on the sprouts or beat the traffic to Taverham Garden Centre[au][ip]

Surely lightning didn''t strike twice on you this weekend[li][li]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Fair enough City make a sub to time waste, so another 30 seconds, or even a minute could be added on. But not 90 seconds![/quote]Yes - and it was United, not City, who made the substitution.  Amazing really, and they wonder why people think Man U get special treatment - could it be because they do get special treatment?[/quote]

Did you miss the goal then Mister[:^)]

Did you have to leave early to check on the sprouts or beat the traffic to Taverham Garden Centre[au][ip]

Surely lightning didn''t strike twice on you this weekend[li][li]

[;)]

[/quote]I can check my sprouts from my seat... as long as Tilly isn''t on hand to arrest me... [mo]Maybe I''m just narky because I had bet on the draw at 3/1.  Lucky I''m not a PUP...  [&] [&] [&]

[quote user="bradley11"]Im pretty sure its always a Minimum of....so therefore the extra minutes played are valid.[/quote]Well yes, but in that case we could still be playing Charlton and that would be valid.

[quote user="Mister Chops"] Lucky I''m not a PUP...  [&] [&] [&]

[/quote]

But you are.. and one of our finest .... with your name on Ray''s line of fame[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"] Lucky I''m not a PUP...  [&] [&] [&]

[/quote]

But you are.. and one of our finest .... with your name on Ray''s line of fame[Y]

[/quote]I think Wazzy''s on his way too...

To bring this back to NCFC...what bugs me about the "4 minutes" the ref added on was that he then added a further minute for Bellamy''s goal celebration and 30 seconds for the substitute.

All of which would be fine if ALL refs did the same on a consistent basis.

In our game on Saturday the ref allowed 2 minutes extra at the end of the first half despite an injury to Drury which lasted at least 2 minutes on its'' own, an injury to Llera, three goals (celebrations + restart) and a load of time-wasting by the Charlton keeper (so much so that he got booked for it after our goal).

All of which apparently equals ''a minimum of two minutes''.

How many times have you seen a game where the ref adds no time at all on for a sub made during extra time? It happens all the time.

This is one of those areas where rugby has a better idea than football with the clock stopping/starting and being visible to all.

Given that the ball is ''active'' in matches for only around 60 mins out of the 90, surely 7 mins stoppage time is nowhere near enough and in fact most games should have around 30 mins of stoppage time...