Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield uni Canary

Colchester want a points deduction!?!?

No, the condition clearly set out in Colchester''s fax and acknowledged was that Lambert could not be offered a contract UNTIL the level of compensation had been agreed.  You were free to offer him a job but not to sign a contract with him until the compensation deal was sorted.  You promised you would do that and then broke your promise.  That is our argument.

I have no idea what Norwich City claim in the matter because they refuse to discuss it.

Colchester need to realise the bigger fish just offered a bigger / better deal.They need to man up and move on, ok i happily accept and expect Lambert to jump ship once again IF and when he has gotten a measure of success with Norwich.I would not be surprised if he gets us back into the Champ maybe the Prem and then leaves at a crucial time.I feel a bit bad for Colchester in that Lambert really did leave them in the lurch, BUT they should have moved on and dealt rather than cried over it like they are.Dont cry over spilt milk ! As the saying goes.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

No, the condition clearly set out in Colchester''s fax and acknowledged was that Lambert could not be offered a contract UNTIL the level of compensation had been agreed.  You were free to offer him a job but not to sign a contract with him until the compensation deal was sorted.  You promised you would do that and then broke your promise.  That is our argument.

I have no idea what Norwich City claim in the matter because they refuse to discuss it.

[/quote]

[:''(]

Maybe Delia could send you Jamie in settlement. Or would McNasty try to veto that?

What do you think?

OTBC

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Colchester need to realise the bigger fish just offered a bigger / better deal.

They need to man up and move on, ok i happily accept and expect Lambert to jump ship once again IF and when he has gotten a measure of success with Norwich.
I would not be surprised if he gets us back into the Champ maybe the Prem and then leaves at a crucial time.

I feel a bit bad for Colchester in that Lambert really did leave them in the lurch, BUT they should have moved on and dealt rather than cried over it like they are.
Dont cry over spilt milk ! As the saying goes.
[/quote]

I don''t think it is anything to do with big fish, little fish.  I think it is to do with you breaking the Football League rules and going back on what is a binding Football League rule on all clubs.

Ultimately it will be for the Football League to decide on the matter as there seems no chance of you paying the compensation level we want.

You broke the rules end of. And as for this "we are a bigger club" stuff makes you sound like Leeds....

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]But Cam.  He resigned.  Colchester would have to prove we offered a contract to him before he did so.
[/quote]

For goodness sake.  You agreed IN WRITING that Lambert would not sign a contract until the level of compensation between the two clubs had been agreed.  That was the condition of the Permission to Speak which you acknowledged in a fax to Colchester.  You then went ahead and offered him a job without agreeing the terms of compensation. 

That is why we will continue to pursue the matter. 

For goodness sake?I understand those conditions, as complex as they are.  But if Lambert then resigns he is then unemployed.  He can then be employed by another Club regardless of the feathers Colchester are spitting.I don''t doubt for one second we''ve been a bit underhand, but without proof all Colchester''s whining and posturing seems pretty pathetic.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]But Cam.  He resigned.  Colchester would have to prove we offered a contract to him before he did so.
[/quote]

For goodness sake.  You agreed IN WRITING that Lambert would not sign a contract until the level of compensation between the two clubs had been agreed.  That was the condition of the Permission to Speak which you acknowledged in a fax to Colchester.  You then went ahead and offered him a job without agreeing the terms of compensation. 

That is why we will continue to pursue the matter. 

[/quote]

Let''s get this clear, I had nothing to do with this decision and neither did our fans.  It''s ''''The Club'''' not you.  And what''s all this we business?  Are you on their board?

Anyhow, those who must be obeyed will sort it out.

Not me, not you and certainly not we[;)]

[/quote]

From what I understand Norwich  DID offer compensation which your bunch of losers declined so it is going to tribunal and that being the case Norwich were left with no other option than offer Lambert a contract who by that time had RESIGNED from your VERY SMALL club.

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

From what I understand Norwich  DID offer compensation which your bunch of losers declined so it is going to tribunal and that being the case Norwich were left with no other option than offer Lambert a contract who by that time had RESIGNED from your VERY SMALL club.

[/quote]

[:O][:)]

Are you lot stupid or something? compensation had to be AGREED before you could offer Lambert employment. Just because you offered something doesn''t mean it is agreed....

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Camul,

Yes, that may well be Colchester''s argument - but I defy you to tell me exactly where Norwich have "directly or indirectly induce(d) or attempt(ed) to induce" Lambert. The version of events I stated were correct - and the breach of contract was Lambert''s through his resignation. As was stated by Mr Cowling, Lambert "could not concentrate on his duties" at Colchester and resigned.

I of course appreciate that his resignation was not accepted. However, frankly, anyone who thinks that a resignation can be refused needs to look at the reality of the situation.

This is a brazen, disgusting attempt by Colchester to lever more compensation out of us.
[/quote]

We are happy this end to let the Football League rule on the matter if you don''t want to come to an agreement through negotiation between the two clubs.

If it goes to a tribunal our argument will be as set out and it will be for the tribunal to decide if any rules have been broken. 

[/quote]

FFS Cam, when are you bitter, Essex losers going to accept that even after beating us in a freak 7-1 game we''re still seen as a far big and better prospect by Lambo, than your little Sh*thouse tinpot outfit!

[/quote]

You must ask our owner, Wiz.  We want our money.[;)]

[/quote]

Who''s we? Lincoln? Colchester? Her upstairs? The Daily Sh*t? Billy Spunktrumpet?......

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]For goodness sake?I understand those conditions, as complex as they are.  But if Lambert then resigns he is then unemployed.  He can then be employed by another Club regardless of the feathers Colchester are spitting.I don''t doubt for one second we''ve been a bit underhand, but without proof all Colchester''s whining and posturing seems pretty pathetic.[/quote]

For goodness sake - do at least a little bit of reading around contract law please. Resignation is one thing, ever heard of serving notice periods? They''re designed to protect both employee and employer. Of course they can be waived, but only through mutual agreement. Anyhow, this is all just stuff and nonsense, you''ll settle on the courtroom steps I expect, and Cowling will get his wedge. The Football League might consider a points deduction, they''re getting fed up with this sort of thing you know, and might just decide to use you as the example to set to others...

What''ll be will be, but do yourself a favour and drop all this billy big-bollox stuff - it''s unbecoming, the sort of behaviour I''d expect from Pisswich.

I think you need to take some lessons yourself.

All this "Lambert resigned" bollox is just that - bollox. Football managers can''t just resign, just like players can''t just resign - otherwise football would be even more anarchic than it already is.

Football operates on the principle of fixed term contracts and a notice period is the remainder of the contract. That''s why compensation is payable.

There''s bugger all chance of a points deduction, Cowling''s just using it to up the money we''ll get from Norwich - and we will get it one way or another.

Good grief, but this is really turning out to be a big "diddums" time from Colchester and their increasingly rather sad and bitter looking supporters.

If it goes to tribunal Colchester will get some money and we might get a fine. End of story. If they started deducting points for ''illegal approaches'' we might as well all give up on the game and go home.

No "diddums" about it, much as you''d like to try and convince yourself otherwise. If the Football League decide enough is enough and start forcing clubs to play by the rules by hitting them where it really hurts then that''ll be a good day for football in my book. As I said, what''ll be will be - the courts and the Football League will decide from here, with the facts to hand, rather than a whole bunch of ill-informed messageboard supposition. If you operated within the rules, you''ll have nothing to worry about, but if you didn''t...

Guys, everything was fine when they beat us 7-1 !How many people went to thier boards and had a proper whine about it ????Colchester fans... its happened.You will or wont get a fee.Get over it and have a good season and for christ sakes stop comming in here and being emo about it, what do you expect us to say ??"There there, poor Colchester, we are sorry for stealing your manager"And you know what, best thing to do is to blame all us fans because its evidently us that appointed Lambert and us that did you wrong.Now sling you bleeding hooks cos we are all sick to death of your belly aching !

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cam you''re supposed to be smart, so grasp this, prove we offered Lambo a contract BEFORE he resigned.........thats the legal crux of it all.

And you can''t!

[quote user="wessex_exile"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]For goodness sake?I understand those conditions, as complex as they are.  But if Lambert then resigns he is then unemployed.  He can then be employed by another Club regardless of the feathers Colchester are spitting.I don''t doubt for one second we''ve been a bit underhand, but without proof all Colchester''s whining and posturing seems pretty pathetic.[/quote]

For goodness sake - do at least a little bit of reading around contract law please. Resignation is one thing, ever heard of serving notice periods? They''re designed to protect both employee and employer. Of course they can be waived, but only through mutual agreement. Anyhow, this is all just stuff and nonsense, you''ll settle on the courtroom steps I expect, and Cowling will get his wedge. The Football League might consider a points deduction, they''re getting fed up with this sort of thing you know, and might just decide to use you as the example to set to others...

What''ll be will be, but do yourself a favour and drop all this billy big-bollox stuff - it''s unbecoming, the sort of behaviour I''d expect from Pisswich.[/quote]I hadn''t considered that, to be fair. Surely then the issue becomes one with Lambert himself, much the same as the Dowie/Palace situation, rather than one with NCFC?Also, I''d appreciate if you didn''t direct the ''billy big bollox'' at me.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]But Cam.  He resigned.  Colchester would have to prove we offered a contract to him before he did so.[/quote]

[/quote]

Cam you''re supposed to be smart, so grasp this, prove we offered Lambo a contract BEFORE he resigned.........thats the legal crux of it all.

And you can''t!

[/quote]Quite.  This is what I''m wondering - surely all Colchester have to do is present evidence of wrongdoing, rather than relying on a sort of wishy-washy feeling that something untoward has occured?

Point taken, I combined a reply to you with a vent at others, and I apologise. It is only an issue with Lambert if he acted independently, that''ll be one of the things the court will be considering (I expect, if we get that far). Is there sufficient evidence to demonstrate that Norwich had a hand in his decision, prior to any offer of employment, discussion of terms etc.?

No problem - I figured as much.I think the issue of whether it is Lambert himself or the Club is where it gets murky.  Colchester seem to be full of bluster about the rules being broken, and how we should be hung drawn and quartered for it, but no actually presenting any evidence to back it up.  Again, I don''t question that it looks like we''ve been a bit shifty and possibly a bit, *ahem*, ''morally flexible'' in the process of bringing Lambert to the Club, but us being nasty is NOT the same as behaving illegally.  Spouting off through the media about points deductions and fines is all well and good - but surely ColU must have a proverbial ''Smoking Gun'' if they are to have any hope of getting what they are hoping for?