Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield uni Canary

Colchester want a points deduction!?!?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]But Cam.  He resigned.  Colchester would have to prove we offered a contract to him before he did so.
[/quote]

For goodness sake.  You agreed IN WRITING that Lambert would not sign a contract until the level of compensation between the two clubs had been agreed.  That was the condition of the Permission to Speak which you acknowledged in a fax to Colchester.  You then went ahead and offered him a job without agreeing the terms of compensation. 

[/quote]

Cam you''re supposed to be smart, so grasp this, prove we offered Lambo a contract BEFORE he resigned.........thats the legal crux of it all.

And you can''t!

[/quote]

According to the owner that is what Mr Lambert told him when he came in on Monday, wanting to know why there had not been a decision, what the delay was?   If nothing had been offered what would there be a decision about or why would a delay be involved?  Lambert claimed to be unaware of the Permission to Speak condition.  Lambert then handed in his resignation letter which was not and still has not been formally accepted.

Your fax to Colchester confirmed that no contract would be offered to Lambert without the two clubs having agreed a suitable compensation fee first.  You reneged on that promise we believe. 

If you are sure you did nothing wrong your end you will have nothing to fear from a FL Tribunal.   

...and in answer to your second point, why else would he resign? He''s just (more or less) finalised building the team he wants, his side has just thrashed one of the fancied teams in the league 7-1 away, and we sit high and mighty on top of the league.

Why would he resign?

This is why he resigned...Bradshaw explained:" On Monday Paul came in and we was distracted and I understand that. Being distracted from the job is not a good way to manage, therefore he resigned. This may not be true, but prove otherwise.

[quote user="scrimmage"]This is why he resigned...

Bradshaw explained:" On Monday Paul came in and we was distracted and I understand that.

Being distracted from the job is not a good way to manage, therefore he resigned. This may not be true, but prove otherwise.
[/quote]

Okay, let''s try this again.  Why would anyone be distracted by a visit to Norwich?[:P]

[quote user="wessex_exile"]...and in answer to your second point, why else would he resign? He''s just (more or less) finalised building the team he wants, his side has just thrashed one of the fancied teams in the league 7-1 away, and we sit high and mighty on top of the league. Why would he resign?[/quote]

He saw our facilities, he saw a crowd of 25,000, wouldn''t you resign?

And remember Col ''bitter and twisted'' Who, accepted his resignation..............so ****K OFF!

No Wiz, I''m sorry to say, they didn''t accept his resignation[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="wessex_exile"]...and in answer to your second point, why else would he resign? He''s just (more or less) finalised building the team he wants, his side has just thrashed one of the fancied teams in the league 7-1 away, and we sit high and mighty on top of the league. Why would he resign?[/quote]

And remember Col ''bitter and twisted'' Who, accepted his resignation..............so ****K OFF!

[/quote]

[quote user="scrimmage"]No Wiz, I''m sorry to say, they didn''t accept his resignation[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote][/quote]

I think you''ll find mate that they reluctenly did in the end, otherwise................

[quote user="scrimmage"]Not first time anyway!
[/quote]

We still haven''t accepted his resignation formally.  We may be a small club but the owner is not that daft..........

And if Mr McNally wants to play hardball in the new all macho set up he''s found exactly the right opponent.[:)]

Cough up with the money and Colchester will  be happy to pretend it never happened and that we were....errr...."mistaken."

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="scrimmage"]Not first time anyway![/quote]

We still haven''t accepted his resignation formally.  We may be a small club but the owner is not that daft..........

And if Mr McNally wants to play hardball in the new all macho set up he''s found exactly the right opponent.[:)]

Cough up with the money and Colchester will  be happy to pretend it never happened and that we were....errr...."mistaken."

[/quote]What, so, technically he''s still your manager? WHAT

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm? Its strange no one has ever mentioned this on the Colbitter Offy site Cam....and yes, I am registered on that site![:|]

No, he walked out.  But we did not accept his resignation (as of yesterday).

Interesting isn''t it?  Wonder what the FL tribunal will make of it all.

No, he walked out.  But we did not accept his resignation (as of yesterday).

Interesting isn''t it?  Wonder what the FL tribunal will make of it all.

[/quote]with a bit of luck they''ll be distracted

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm? Its strange no one has ever mentioned this on the Colbitter Offy site Cam....and yes, I am registered on that site![:|]

[/quote]

It''s been mentioned and was also mentioned on the Col U radio show. 

RC told me yesterday that we have not sent Lambert a formal acceptance of his resignation. 

Yes, I know you are registered.  I see your occasional contributions. 

We''ve moved on this end and are waiting to find out who the new man is.

In the meantime we want the money for the last one.

Cough up! [:P]

[quote user="CT "]Not really interesting at all.

Just a case of a bigger club taking what they want and not paying up the compo yet. Get the f*ck over it !
[/quote]

Bloody well said CT.........and we''ll take their players next..........plus their fans too, one called Cam spends all his time here anyway!

There''s always a "bigger" club CT, no matter how far up the greasy pole you see yourself - might be that little Col U not rolling over and getting their tummy tickled might help you out one day?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

RC told me yesterday that we have not sent Lambert a formal acceptance of his resignation. 

[/quote]

So in theory you have two managers, we should report Colchester to the FA about this![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So in theory you have two managers, we should report Colchester to the FA about this![;)]

[/quote]Maybe they''ll get a points deduction!! What a load of crap

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if Lambert''s resignation has not been accepted (formally) why are you looking for a new manager. You are sad and deluded. I have no  doubt that if Lambert is successful at Norwich he will move on, that''s life.

Because, Baldrick, whether we agree or not, Lambert has walked out and we therefore need a new manager - doesn''t require a degree in brain surgery to work that one out. Whether he can walk out on an existing contract without serving proper notice, whether Norwich had a hand in inducing him to act that way, and if proven what the relevant punishments might be, will be decided by the court and Football League.

Simple really.

Now, back to the more important question - this "quote" business...

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Because, Baldrick, whether we agree or not, Lambert has walked out and we therefore need a new manager - doesn''t require a degree in brain surgery to work that one out. Whether he can walk out on an existing contract without serving proper notice, whether Norwich had a hand in inducing him to act that way, and if proven what the relevant punishments might be, will be decided by the court and Football League. Simple really. Now, back to the more important question - this "quote" business...[/quote]

Given that Baldrick''s most spectacular cunning plan in Blackadder was to slice his Mother''s head off to cure her "low ceiling problem" I think you could be wading through treacle here.[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wiz, just cough up with the money.  You know it makes sense.[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t think it''s up to Wiz Cam!! Do you know how much compensation you''re asking for? We''re talking hundreds of thousands of pounds here our board won''t take the decision lightly. Although if it comes down to a points deduction to reduce the compensation or fine then i fear Delia may plump for that!

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Come on then Cam, these cunts aren''t helping, how does one "quote" a previous message without it turning to crap?[/quote]

If you are using IE click on your name and click on compatible.  Which should help.  Either that or just wipe the quotes out. 

This lot are basically very nice boys and girls but they''ve gone all hard since the arrival of the McNally-Lambert kick boxing duo.  A few seem to be ill at ease with it and it''s still school holidays as well but basically they are a very good bunch.

[:P]

PS: Wiz is a bit bonkers but nowhere near ColUtd1[+o(]

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s up to Wiz Cam!! Do you know how much compensation you''re asking for? We''re talking hundreds of thousands of pounds here our board won''t take the decision lightly. Although if it comes down to a points deduction to reduce the compensation or fine then i fear Delia may plump for that!
[/quote]

You first offer was around £200k.  We are looking for around £450k. 

Hopefully a meeting somewhere in the middle.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s up to Wiz Cam!! Do you know how much compensation you''re asking for? We''re talking hundreds of thousands of pounds here our board won''t take the decision lightly. Although if it comes down to a points deduction to reduce the compensation or fine then i fear Delia may plump for that!
[/quote]

You first offer was around £200k.  We are looking for around £450k. 

Hopefully a meeting somewhere in the middle.

[/quote]

Done! We''ll throw these two in as well..........How far is it to Colchester from Stowmarket?