Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Will Lambert drop the Doc?

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Well it seems pretty unanimous that its the midfield - those I know at the game, the radio AND the text summary all say that the back 4 was ok,  but the midfield offered no protection.  You keep hitting even the best wall with a small hammer and eventually it will crumble - the same with our midfield,  offer no proection and eventually we will conceed and because they cant get or keep the ball we wont score either.  Sound familiar?? 

No one pointingout the needless free kick conceeded for their winning goal??  In three days time that will have been doc that will... 

[/quote]

God it is stubborn, defend them to the hilt NCFC fan idiots like you that make us the club we have become.

Wake up and smell the cofffee. The wall is bloody non existant with this complete and utter joke for a defender playing in our side. Christ we are in the 3rd division they are not hitting it with a hammer they dont have one. They are probably using a leatherman and we are still conceding a Shit load of goals.

People like you make me bloody angry!
[/quote]

So should your opinion make me angry?  It does not - I just disagree with the majority view on here that all the defensive problems with this club lay at Docs door.  What makes me angry is uncommitted ill-disciplined performances from players and managers without tactical sense.  The club is where it is primarily because of this combination, not docs defending, and the dallying of the board in getting the right manager in to get the best from the available resource.  That is not a back everyone to the hilt approach.

Last night is a prime example of the blame doc hysteria - no clean sheet and its all Docs fault,  yet every commentator last night said that the massive gaping inadequacy was the midfield and not the defence (and my defence here was of the defence not doc specifically) One friend who saw the game and who is also a doc hater said that the whole defence had a decent enough game, and said doc did OK, and that the midfield was the problem. 

Of course Doc makes mistakes,  he is clumsy  and is slow turning so is exposed for pace then, his distribution could be a lot better and is often appalling (so why does the manager not ensure that a midfielder collects the ball from the back 4?? to his credit  Fozzy at least did that).  He is not a captain.  

However his is generally good positionally, is rarely outpaced once he gets going,  plays with a committment  usually loved in other less able players and is prepared to be physical which is something we do need more of in the team.   

We could sign better centre backs but as we seen with Nelson and a whole host of others before him we have not yet found one over 4 years.  And we have bigger holes elsewhere in the squad that would benefit from that money first.

Lambert can organise the defence better and the current staff should be good enough with that organisation to push for play offs this season. 

The coffee that needs smelling, now that we have got shot of Gunn and have Lambert in,  is the midfield.

Thought the Doc started well but didn''t finish quite so well. I think there''s a bit of nervousness creeping back into his game.

But in general...even if we had Sir Alex, Arsene or Rafa or Capello incharge and they picked Doherty there would still be people who had it in for him and didn''t rate him.

Not really the Doc''s fault that the club have made 3 poor managerial appointments who have signed some poor players since he was signed by the last good manager we had.

Totally agree that if Lambert starts his career by getting rid of a player who cannot even run without dragging his foot along the floor (explains why every striker leaves him for dead!!) then there may be a glimmer of hope for the rest of the season. Bye Bye Docherty.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Well it seems pretty unanimous that its the midfield - those I know at the game, the radio AND the text summary all say that the back 4 was ok,  but the midfield offered no protection.  You keep hitting even the best wall with a small hammer and eventually it will crumble - the same with our midfield,  offer no proection and eventually we will conceed and because they cant get or keep the ball we wont score either.  Sound familiar?? 

No one pointingout the needless free kick conceeded for their winning goal??  In three days time that will have been doc that will... 

[/quote]God it is stubborn, defend them to the hilt NCFC fan idiots like you that make us the club we have become.Wake up and smell the cofffee. The wall is bloody non existant with this complete and utter joke for a defender playing in our side. Christ we are in the 3rd division they are not hitting it with a hammer they dont have one. They are probably using a leatherman and we are still conceding a Shit load of goals.People like you make me bloody angry![/quote]

So should your opinion make me angry?  It does not - I just disagree with the majority view on here that all the defensive problems with this club lay at Docs door.  What makes me angry is uncommitted ill-disciplined performances from players and managers without tactical sense.  The club is where it is primarily because of this combination, not docs defending, and the dallying of the board in getting the right manager in to get the best from the available resource.  That is not a back everyone to the hilt approach.

Last night is a prime example of the blame doc hysteria - no clean sheet and its all Docs fault,  yet every commentator last night said that the massive gaping inadequacy was the midfield and not the defence (and my defence here was of the defence not doc specifically) One friend who saw the game and who is also a doc hater said that the whole defence had a decent enough game, and said doc did OK, and that the midfield was the problem. 

Of course Doc makes mistakes,  he is clumsy  and is slow turning so is exposed for pace then, his distribution could be a lot better and is often appalling (so why does the manager not ensure that a midfielder collects the ball from the back 4?? to his credit  Fozzy at least did that).  He is not a captain.  

However his is generally good positionally, is rarely outpaced once he gets going,  plays with a committment  usually loved in other less able players and is prepared to be physical which is something we do need more of in the team.   

We could sign better centre backs but as we seen with Nelson and a whole host of others before him we have not yet found one over 4 years.  And we have bigger holes elsewhere in the squad that would benefit from that money first.

Lambert can organise the defence better and the current staff should be good enough with that organisation to push for play offs this season. 

The coffee that needs smelling, now that we have got shot of Gunn and have Lambert in,  is the midfield.

[/quote]I also agree with you that other areas need filling before replacing the doc. RB and central midfield for a start.

[quote user="GJP"]

I think there''s a bit of nervousness creeping back into his game.

[/quote]

A bit / creeping back - what bull.  Nerves are always present in his game, the man is a liability, he is just one big bag of nerves.  Remember he was bought as a striker with the potential to play at centre back if push came to shove, not a centre back outright.  He never shows composure or leadership, which is what you want from a good centre back.  I can''t beleive he still has supporters.  I state again, the club has been on a downward spiral since he joined, he is the jinx, the cause and be all of all our problems, and until someone is man enough to take the plunge and get rid, the curse upon this club will remain.  The only good thing is he has only another three or four years of playing left in him.  Should ensure we don''t end up in the Ridgeons league.  The Doc Must Go!

[quote user="shefcanary"]

A bit / creeping back - what bull.  Nerves are always present in his game, the man is a liability, he is just one big bag of nerves.  Remember he was bought as a striker with the potential to play at centre back if push came to shove, not a centre back outright.  He never shows composure or leadership, which is what you want from a good centre back.  I can''t beleive he still has supporters.  I state again, the club has been on a downward spiral since he joined, he is the jinx, the cause and be all of all our problems, and until someone is man enough to take the plunge and get rid, the curse upon this club will remain.  The only good thing is he has only another three or four years of playing left in him.  Should ensure we don''t end up in the Ridgeons league.  The Doc Must Go!

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more - brilliant post

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="GJP"]

I think there''s a bit of nervousness creeping back into his game.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That lets Delia off the hook then [:O]

[quote user="shefcanary"]

I state again, the club has been on a downward spiral since he joined, he is the jinx, the cause and be all of all our problems, and until someone is man enough to take the plunge and get rid, the curse upon this club will remain. [/quote]

Such simplistic, jingoistic, emotional bandwagoning suspersticious nonsense!!

Alright - I take the blame.

Since we got promoted I have stopped breakdancing as I enter the barclay each game.  Its all my fault.

Not sure that Doc does have many supporter - just posters who see the nonsense of of statements like the one above

[;)]

I don''t agree with being mean to the poor old Doc. I think all those who do should take a hike. But, unfortunately he''s just not very good at football. Having said that, I would love it if he went and scored a hat-trick the next match..

I honestly believe that Doc is the catalyst behind our problems at the moment, if he doesn''t make the fans confident with his performance then he won''t be filling his team mates with confidence either.He isn''t the only bad performer but his position is arguably the most important on the field (especially at the moment as the defence is far from watertight & with him being captain).I have supported Norwich since the mid seventies & don''t go to every match but have notched up many many games over the years & I can honestly say that Doc rates ( in my opinion) in the games that I personally have seen him in, as one of the worst players in a Norwich shirt topped only by the playing exploits & skills of Robert Rosario.I would like to think that once he has gone there will be an improvement & a climb back to the Championship at least, but cannot see one all the time he is around.It''s a bit like the story of the emperor''s new clothes with some people seeing a footballing skill & finesse that plainly just isn''t there.  It can''t be nice for him as he must be aware of criticism but as Brian Gunn has found out being a nice guy & loyalty count for nothing these days in almost every walk of life.

[quote user="YellowNetsAreBetter"]I don''t agree with being mean to the poor old Doc. I think all those who do should take a hike. But, unfortunately he''s just not very good at football. Having said that, I would love it if he went and scored a hat-trick the next match..[/quote]

Wonder when his last hattrick was...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!At last we have a real manager, now we can move forward and start going in the correct direction! The Ginger, useless, worst player I have seen in an NCFC shirt, is finally dropped! The Jinx has been lifted from Carrow Road.I love Lambert already!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!At last we have a real manager, now we can move forward and start going in the correct direction! The Ginger, useless, worst player I have seen in an NCFC shirt, is finally dropped! The Jinx has been lifted from Carrow Road.I love Lambert already![/quote]It''s just not that simple! I despair!

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!At last we have a real manager, now we can move forward and start going in the correct direction! The Ginger, useless, worst player I have seen in an NCFC shirt, is finally dropped! The Jinx has been lifted from Carrow Road.I love Lambert already![/quote]It''s just not that simple! I despair![/quote]Whatever we will see young pace at the back is what we need, not clumbsy useless slowboats!Are you a UEFA licensed coach romantic?

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!At last we have a real manager, now we can move forward and start going in the correct direction! The Ginger, useless, worst player I have seen in an NCFC shirt, is finally dropped! The Jinx has been lifted from Carrow Road.I love Lambert already![/quote]It''s just not that simple! I despair![/quote]Whatever we will see young pace at the back is what we need, not clumbsy useless slowboats!Are you a UEFA licensed coach romantic?That''s a strange question. No - I''m obviously not. I''m a sad sod sitting by his computer of a Saturday avo. Are you?[/quote]

Doc - ok coming on to the ball, but no pace, so soon as he is turned he is in trouble. While he is there, we''ll always have a weakness, but not sure we have any better.

FA level 3, I consider him completely useless. I would play a quick turning striker against us every time and guarantee he would get something out of the Doc every time. The whole team is forced to sit deep instead of at the halfway line because he fails to push the side up due to his lack of pace and confidence. This leads to pressure from other sides and us being camped in our own half for long periods. The midfield are also required to cover extreme distances due to the gap between defence and attack.We will push up as a team now and be a completely different side! Trust me in dropping the Doc a new Norwich is born.Gun had no qualifications either!

Nice (if slightly smug) retort Snakepit. I come on here for

constructive posts like this. Not as simple as you made out before

though is it? As a qualified coach who clearly takes it seriously I''d

have expected less dumbed down stuff than the original comment to which

I was responding. : BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!At last we have a real manager, now we can move forward and start going in the correct direction! The Ginger, useless, worst player I have seen in an NCFC shirt, is finally dropped! The Jinx has been lifted from Carrow Road.I love Lambert already!I

completely agree with your elaboration though. I still think that''s not

the exclusive reason that we''re now taking the game to Wycombe though.

Going well though aint it?

I believe the whole side have no confidence in a defence with him in it to go and play.I remember being a striker and seeing the opposition score due to bad defenders and standing on the half way line kicking off muttering under my breath as was my strike partner.This player is the Doc.Yes its looking good romantic. 10 game winning run to the top of the table would be nice![:P][:D]

Two central defenders today made simple, serious errors which cost us two goals.  You''ll no doubt all say "well, it happens, give them another chance", but that''s typical of the hypocrisy on this board.  

No I believe we need to strengthen this area as our A1 priority.It has not been done for too long.I dont think for a minute the 2 today are good enough for us to compete at the top.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]No I believe we need to strengthen this area as our A1 priority.It has not been done for too long.I dont think for a minute the 2 today are good enough for us to compete at the top.[/quote]We agree on this, I would definitely buy at least one CB.  Nelson didn''t look good enough, Doc is okay but can be a liability at times, and the two today were no better than Doc in my opinion.

Yup, the defence still needs sorting out.

I think Askou could grow into it. He looks to have enough about him. Still don''t think Spillane is the answer.

Unless we do something in the transfer window I''d expect Lambert to bring Doherty back in when he feels the time is right.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At last we have a real manager, now we can move forward and start going in the correct direction!

The Ginger, useless, worst player I have seen in an NCFC shirt, is finally dropped!

The Jinx has been lifted from Carrow Road.

I love Lambert already!
[/quote]

It''s just not that simple! I despair!
[/quote]

Whatever we will see young pace at the back is what we need, not clumbsy useless slowboats!

Are you a UEFA licensed coach romantic?
[/quote]

All you defenders of bad play (D"oh-erty) keep changing the topic. Nobody (well, except for that one guy who gets carried away) said D''OH-erty is the only problem and that shedding him will return us to the halcion days of regular Prem membership. What we are all saying is that he sucks, is a liability for a variety of reasons that overwhlem his positives, and as such should not be guarenteed a starting role in every game he is fit.

If he was "all that" he would not be with the team any more because he''d have been scooped up by someone last year when he was taking his time to sign a new contract.  Obviously no decent offers came in because he waited until the last minute before signing (and leading us into League 1.