Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary jr

Leon Mckenzie

He is currently a free agent after being released by coventry.

Would anyone like him back at the club. Surely he could do a good job for us in League 1.

Too injury prone for my liking. Was constantly injured during his last year with us and whenever i looked he was injured for coventry

[quote user="seby1991"]

Too injury prone for my liking. Was constantly injured during his last year with us and whenever i looked he was injured for coventry

[/quote]

Bit like Hucks then [;)] [:)]

[quote user="Icantbebotheredtomakeupaname"]No way, not after the rubbish he has sprouted since leaving the club, especially the rubbish he came out when he left.[/quote]

What rubbish was this? I must have missed it.

[quote user="Icantbebotheredtomakeupaname"]No way, not after the rubbish he has sprouted since leaving the club, especially the rubbish he came out when he left.[/quote]

I''m glad someone else has rememberd that, no way, absolutely no way!

"user=Icantbebotheredtomakeupaname]No way, not after the rubbish he has sprouted since leaving the club, especially the rubbish he came out when he left."

Sounds horrible. Which parts of the body has it sprouted from ?

When he was with us he showed commitment but poor control. We now have a team who pass well, and a target man in Holt, if necessary. I can''t see him fitting into the kind of game we are trying to play.

[quote user="Salopian"]When he was with us he showed commitment but poor control. We now have a team who pass well, and a target man in Holt, if necessary. I can''t see him fitting into the kind of game we are trying to play.[/quote]Funny. Pattison is derided as rubbish for having poor control but giving everything. Leon is remembered as a legend for giving everything but having a poor touch. He was average, we haven''t missed him and no - I don''t want him back.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Salopian"]When he was with us he showed commitment but poor control. We now have a team who pass well, and a target man in Holt, if necessary. I can''t see him fitting into the kind of game we are trying to play.
[/quote]

Funny. Pattison is derided as rubbish for having poor control but giving everything. Leon is remembered as a legend for giving everything but having a poor touch. He was average, we haven''t missed him and no - I don''t want him back.
[/quote]He is a legend in my eyes for scoring 2 against the SCUM on his debut[Y] any player that does that surely has legend status???

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]He is a legend in my eyes for scoring 2 against the SCUM on his debut[Y] any player that does that surely has legend status???[/quote]Oh... you mean THAT Leon Mckenzie? [:$]Still, in the proceeding 70-odd (?) games he mainly ran around like a headless chicken. I know fans like headless chickens, but I''d prefer my striker was in the area trying to score, rather than on the halfway line trying to tackle.

No thanks, if  you hear him quoting " I have some unfinished business left to do at Norwich " be very afraid ! Now why does that comment sound familiar ? [;)]

I didn''t like the way he left us on the final day of the transfer window leaving us no time to get any replacements in, and his goal against us last year for Coventry just rubbed it in completely so i wouldn''t have him back.

Believe me when i say he will not return here.

I would be surprised if he even visited the City since he left.

When i say he ''left excess baggage'' this could be the understatement of the year!

Forget it, it''s never gonna happen!

Great idea. How could we not look to bring another ex-canary back into the fold when Cureton and Russel had such storming season last time. What with Jamie Lads pace , power and coolness in front of goal starting the, now famous,spanish bidding war of 2009 between Barca and Real Madrid which saw his value rocket up to up to 50 million. How pleased we all were when Perez had to phone Delia to explain they couldn''t actually afford Senor Cureton but would we take 48 million and Ronaldo. Coupled with the fact that his industry and self-discipline last season saw Darrel Russell not just break into the England squad under Capello but actually take the captaincy from JT (who bravely commented "although obviously disappointed to lose the armband it has been a privilidge to play and learn under Darrel and he continues to be an inspiration to all the lads in the England set-up" If we had not signed these players for a second time then none of the above would ever have happened. Only an idiot would oppose making a similar move for Leon McKensie.