Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

This is wonderful!! So many PUPs already and it''s only Thursday! It''s going to be a challenge keeping track of the stats but I don''t mind. I know how happy this would have made my great friend Arrdee.[:)]

Well done Leeds and thankyou for everything. Now let''s get as many as we can to the presentation on 21st. Lapp will be sending out the emails as usual and if anyone needs directions or has any questions just PM me and I will get back to you.

As for my selection -  The Conference was a happy hunting ground for many PUPs last season so that''s as good a place as any for me to start. Wrexham are managed by Dean Saunders who seems determined to do well. They have been bringing in players from league clubs including youngsters from Manchester City and I think they will have a good season. So I''m going for : -

Wrexham     V     Eastbourne Borough       Home Win

Welcome to all you new PUPs - I have a feeling there''s going to be strong competition for Inchy''s crown this year. Good luck to us all and especially good luck to Muddy who has bravely taken on the very difficult first weekend of the season.

I''m off to Denmark for

AGF Aarhus vs Koge - HOME WIN

Aarhus have won two of their first three games and are top of the Danish league whilst Koge have managed to concede a whopping thirteen goals in their first three.

Good luck everyone.

OK Pups - this is it 2009/10 starts here.

First off, this has been very very difficult. Everyone''s help has been very ......helpful! I hope to explain my choices below.

I HAVE NOT picked Norwich to beat Colchester. Not because I don''t think we will, but rather because it is just too dangerous to bet on your team in my opinion. Another popular one was Leeds v Exeter. It looks a dead cert! But something in the back of my mind is nagging me not to pick it. So here are the sexy six!

Ajax vs RKC - Home win and my pick also.

Aarhus vs HB Kobe - Home win - good call Shaun

Wrexham vs Eastbourne - Home win - nice shout Nutty

Notts County vs Bradford - Home win

MK Dons vs Hartlepool - Home win

And finally...

Rotherham vs Bradford - Home win

Sorry for those who I didn''t take the advice of but I think I have 4 definites and 2 probablys - that''s as good as I could do on the first week!

Fingers crossed for this time tomorrow!!!

If you''d be so kind Nigel, I hope I''ve left you enough time!

Thank you.

Yes well done Muddy. I admire you for taking on this difficult week and these look like solid selections. I will be ringing them through to Billy in the morning and will post the odds he gives before I leave for the match at lunchtime.[Y]

If there are any late comers with their selections before kick off tomorrow it''s fine to still leave your selections on here for the purposes of our PUPs league.[&][Y]

Thanks again Muddy and good luck everyone........[:)]............

First nap of the season for me is going to the popular Leeds v Exeter fixture - home win.

Good luck to all

Really sorry for being late this week Muddy.

It really is great to be back.

I have carried on where I left off last season with my often happy hunting ground of Europe.

I''m off to Sweden and the 2nd Division, Västra Götaland 2009 (whatever that is[*-)]).

It''s top versus bottom, quite frankly I would have backed whoever was playing the bottom side.  The bottom side, Asmundstorps IF must have one of the worst records in footballing history.  Their record reads P13, W0, D0, L13, F6, A93, GD -87, P0.  A minus 87 goal difference after only 13 games! [:O]. 

Asmundstorps IF vs. Ytterby IS - Away win

Good luck everyone[:)]

5 of them are good but why are you doing Notts County - Bradford?! Surely thats too close to call, and way to risky when you can have Leeds - Exeter.

Still, best of luck Muddy!

"**Norwich**"

To question the pickers selections is not what this is all about, please refrain from criticism, it''s the individual pickers choice alone.[:D]

Thanks Jim.

I have not always agreed with all people''s picks **Norwich**, but it was not my choice, so I didn''t criticise.  I have also been proven wrong in the past.

As I stated, I had a nagging concern about Leeds - it''s a gut feel.  They may well win 6-0 now, but I wasn''t comfortable with the choice.

Notts County are favourites for promotion and although Bradford are a good team, I had a good feeling for their first home game with so much expectation on their season. If I''m right excellent, if I''m wrong, then i gave it my best shot.  I believe Notts County are Evens to win, bookies are very rarely wrong.  Especially Billy!

Muddy

Of course our great friend Jim is spot on. There''s no question or blame on the Free Bet pages because we are all doing our best for eachother and our football club. This will become apparent to all our new posters as the season progresses but just to repeat all you new PUPs are so welcome and 63 Pups selecting this week makes me so proud to be associated with the Free Bet.

I''ve been on the phone to Billy Dixon and the bet is on. The odds we have are :-

1/5   Ajax (DDoris, Trent, Yankee, Devon, Muddy)
1/3   Aarhus (Shaun, Pboro, Shack)
4/6   Wrexham (nutty)
Evs   Notts County (Refjez)
4/6   MK Dons (Cosmic, GMF, Greg)
4/6   Rotherham (TGDrinkell, GrahamH, Leeds)

Which will win for the Academy £138.14p.  Which is considerably more than when I ran the same bet through Ladbrokes and found the return would only be £107.79. Now Billy would welcome each and everyone of you PUPs and treat your bets the same as this. So can you really afford not to bet with Dixmar!
Now we kick off at 3pm with MK Dons, Notts County, Rotherham and Wrexham. If we get through those safely Ajax get underway at 5:45 and then if we are still running Aarhus kick off at 1pm tomorrow. Well done Muddy and good luck all you PUPs.

Excellent odds as always!  Thanks Nutty.

I''m praying for Exeter to turn over Leeds now to justify my omitting them from the naps!

Fingers crossed - come on you magpies!

Gutted - MK Dons let us down!  Just to say that Notts County won 5-0 and Leeds only scraped a late winner.............

I think by tomorrow I''ll have joined the 5 out of  6 group.

Some things are slightly overshadowed by the abysmal performance from another NCFC today however.....

Sorry all.

Muddy

Hard Luck Muddy...........the 1st week is tough and for what it''s worth I thought your selections were great. After watching that f*****g awful match this afternoon I was hoping that at least when I got home the Pick un Pickers would be on course for a winning week..never mind I guess it will have to be 2 bottles of wine instead of one to drown my sorrows!!!![:''(][:@][D][D]

Shame Muddy. Close, MK Dons certainly looked a very good one on paper. We''ll be back next week.

Mother....... shame on you for your use of such bright and colourful language!!!  [:$]

Although given the circumstances...............[B][B][}]

Bad Luck Muddy - first week''s a toughie  [:D]

If ever there could be a slight ray of sunshine on a day like this, my pick won 8-1, at least I am off to a better start this season than last.

Bad luck Muddy, it was never going to be easy being first up, you were brave enough to take it on and gave it your best shot, and you can''t ask for any more than that[Y][:)]

That''s unlucky Muddy. I just checked and Ajax won tonight too so you are on course to join the "5 from 6 Club". It was a great effort to start the season and it''s obvious to me that you PUPs were better prepared than our team today.

Yes Shaun, 5 outa 6 for Muddy! Great effort for the first weekend and it bodes well for the rest of the season.