Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Welcome back everyone and many thanks to Nutty and Billy for getting the show on the road again. I think we can break into four figures this season and that will be a great effort by getting up to the big 1K.

This week I have to go for Leeds to beat Exeter at Elland Road, looks nailed on for me despite Delph going and concerns over Beckford. Exeter are newly promoted and will be up for it but Leeds have a striker in Becchio who is always capable of getting that vital chance.

Good Luck Muddy, get us off to a winning start!

It''s great having the freebet back and its thanks to Nutty and Billy that we will be able to make more money for our academy.

On a personal note I am really looking forward to the 22nd August when it is my turn to `pick the six!'' for my first time. I must confess to being very nervous already and will need all the help I can get, but I guess that is a given when you look at how many have made their pick already this week.

I am going along with Captain Doc and Inch High this week with the selection of Cardiff to win at home against Scunthorpe.

Good Luck to Muddy Funster and to Norwich City. Lets both start with a win.

Really happy to be doing this again [:)]

This is a hard one but i''m going to go for.......

Cardiff to beat Scunthorpe

Good luck everyone and muddy!

Diesel Doris [my mum [:)]] has been raving about this since the latter part of last season, so thought I''d pitch in my pick for this first week of the season:

Charlton -v- Wycombe - HOME WIN

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, as I haven''t really kept up with bought & solds at other Clubs, but who knows!!

Thanks and Good Luck to all the PUPs.

[:D]

Welcome back for another season boys and girls

Its so hard the first week of the season so i''m stearin well clear of the English leagues so am goin into Europe and finding it hard to look past Ajax, plus Trent sells it so well, they can not lose

Good luck!

[quote user="1dartmoore"]This week I will go for

BURY to beat Bournemouth.

Good luck everyone[/quote]That was going to be mine, so I''ll simply second it [Y]

I can see the first few weeks is going to be extremely tricky. Before knowing who''s on form, who''s not on form, who''s falling behind at the bottom of the table and who''s leading the way at the top. Anyway, I''ve done my best to pick out what appears to be a good selection.

HB Koge are bottom of the Danish first division. After a 1-1 draw in their first game of the season - embarressing 7-1 and 5-0 defeats to FC Kobenhavn and AaB Aalborg respectively mean they don''t look like their on the best of form.
Their opponents, Aarhus GF find themselves top of the league with 2 wins and a draw. Can''t see this one going any other way.

Aarhus GF V HB Koge - Home win.

Thanks to Nigel for giving me the honour of starting the season off!

I have been looking long and hard and there seem to be arguments for and against every team winning! I will give my selection with the overall selection by Friday lunchtime.

The first week of the season is so hard and I need all the help I can get, so please keep the naps coming thick and fast! Will I jinx Norwich if I pick them as one of the naps??? Ahhhhhh I don''t know!

Good luck all

Muddy

Great to see so many PUPs posting already. For sure Ray will be looking down on this with a big smile. As always I am just proud to be part of it. Muddy, we all just know you are the right man for the job this week so good luck my friend[Y]

Good day pickers. It''s great to have the sanctuary of the free-bet back for the rest of the season. It was boring and lonely without it on here.

First week of the season is always hard and I wish the best of luck to Muddy because we''re gonna need a bit if we''re gonna go through the whole weekend 6-0.

Anyways for the first pick of the season I''m going to Belgium and going for Anderlecht to beat Cercle Brugge. Ol'' cercle are, I guess, the sort of Ipswich team always basking in the shadow of their superior rivals... Anyways Anderlecht finished 2nd last year, losing in a play-off for the title and Cercle came 9th. Cercle got hammered 3-1 at home last week and Anderlecht won their first game 2-0. So looks good for the guys in purple.

Best of luck pickers and Muddy.

It''s great to have this back again! [:)]

A bit of a shot in the dark for the first game of the season, but I''m going for a home win for MK Dons v. Hartlepool.

The Dons won this fixture 3:1 last season!

Good Luck, Muddy Funster!

Oh dear this is difficult,

No form to go by so will have to go for the fanciful reasons. [:^)]

If the pundits are right then Norwich will be battling first place honours with Leeds, so, as when I back City I tend to put the mockers on them, so, I will transfer the evil eye to the Yorkshire lot just to give City a quick early season advantage [:D]

I think Exeter will have a very tough baptism in this league and I fully expect them to get well beaten this week.

LEEDS v Exeter HOME WIN !

Good luck Muddy you have a difficult task ahead of you !

I was very tempted to to go for the ''obvious'', but I have learnt to never ever bet on Norwich City. As others have said before me, it will be a hard few weeks of picking, so I can only add weight to the dirty Leeds cause. So.....Dirty Leeds United vs. Exeter City - home winI am so looking forward to making the final selections in September, many thanks to Nutty Nigel for considering me.Good luck everyone!

Nutty, Whilst we will always be indebted to Ray for setting the Free Bet Thread up, we should always remember your tireless efforts and enthusiasm, and Billy''s generosity for keeping it going. I''m looking forward to meeting up with both of you again at the pickers meet on the 21st and also putting some more faces to names off here.[Y] 

Anyway, I''m relying on a certain D. Marshall to help us on our way and so...........

Cardiff v Scunthorpe...........Home win.

Good luck Muddy. [Y]

I''m determined to do the whole season this time round, so my pick is Montrose to beat Elgin. Montrose came 5th last season on 54 points whereas Elgin came bottom only getting 26 points.

NCFC_Shaun''s analysis looks spot on to me, so in the absence of any form in the UK I am gonna go with him and back Aarhus.

Besides Our House was a great song and it sounds the same....

Happy new Picking!

Great to see so many pickers, new and experienced giving their Naps this week, its gonna be one hell of a job for Nutty keeping all these stats! Who will claim the crown this year as PUP of the year?[*]

Many many thanks to Billy Dixon of Dixmar racing for continuing his generous support of this thread, and many  many thanks to Nutty Nigel for stepping up to the oche and carring on our dear friend Arrdee''s fine work.[{][}]

I have managed to overcome all the pitfalls that faced me, and will definately be at the Bayer club for the presentation night on 21st August. [Y]I will be looking for a volunteer to accept the first yearly winners salver on behalf of Yankeecanary, then after the presentation I will post the salver to the USA.

Can''t wait to see everyone at the Bayer! [B][B][B]

And my first Nap of this season is ROTHERHAM UTD v Accrington Stanley - HOME WIN

Canary legend (and future city manager) Mark Robins will be leading Rotherham on a promotion charge this year and will be looking to hit the ground running, without the shackell of a points deduction this year.

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

hiya mr nigel. i would like to have a go and im going to pick MK DONS v hartlepool home win. good luck everyone