Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Will our players gel..?

I think we still need about 6-7 new signings. right winger,2 strikers,left and right backs,centre midfielder maybe another winger for the squad...Maybe couple of those will be on season long loans.

Anyway with so many changes at the club this summer how long will this team take to gel?

how long will the fans give the team to gel before they get on there backs?

will the signing of a few quality players effect how long it takes for the fans to turn on the management team?

I''m personally watching out for the first "But we have to give the players time to gel" excuse for failure.

You actually can''t afford to wait 10 games for things to turn right if you''ve any ambition to get promoted. By 10 games the opposition will be a few lengths in front and we''ll just be playing catch up.

We really have to come out flying from the very first game, or it will be mid-table at best.

Anyway looking forward to the first "need time to gel" apologist. Will it be on this thread even before a ball is kicked?

[quote user="yellow hammer"]I''m personally watching out for the first "But we have to give the players time to gel" excuse for failure.

You actually can''t afford to wait 10 games for things to turn right if you''ve any ambition to get promoted. By 10 games the opposition will be a few lengths in front and we''ll just be playing catch up.

We really have to come out flying from the very first game, or it will be mid-table at best.

Anyway looking forward to the first "need time to gel" apologist. Will it be on this thread even before a ball is kicked?[/quote]I think we''ve had this excuse for the last five seasons. We''ve started badly in each season and we''ve heard so many times that "the players need to gel". Well, all I can say is - thank God it was worth the wait. When they did "gel", we had such an excellent squad of players, we soon made up for the poor first ten games.

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]

I think we still need about 6-7 new signings. right winger,2 strikers,left and right backs,centre midfielder maybe another winger for the squad...Maybe couple of those will be on season long loans.

Anyway with so many changes at the club this summer how long will this team take to gel?

how long will the fans give the team to gel before they get on there backs?

will the signing of a few quality players effect how long it takes for the fans to turn on the management team?

[/quote]

There''s a difference between needing 6-7 new first team players and needing 6-7 new squad players. I think the majority of new signings will be squad players, with the exception of a target man and a winger.

I don''t see why we need 6 or 7 new players to be honest. Maybe if you include Maric, Mcveigh and Askou but they have been training with and playing with the team now for 2 or 3 weeks anyway so as far as I am concerned won''t need any time to gel. Whaley and Hughes should be in by saturday so will have 2 or 3 friendlies to play in and the only other player i think we really desperately need is the striker although i''ve not seen maric yet so don''t know how adequately he will fill that void.

Gel?

I expect them to form a sticky blob that adheres to the wallets of those mugs who pay to watch them perform.

We need a clear out from top to toe...... and that includes the current "Deliarite fan base".....

Sanity leaves the room....[quote user="St. Cluck"]

Gel?

I expect them to form a sticky blob that adheres to the wallets of those mugs who pay to watch them perform.

We need a clear out from top to toe...... and that includes the current "Deliarite fan base".....

[/quote]

That sort of rubbish is best ignored Ace!

If it is 6 or 7 players that could include 2 or 3 of the ex-spur youths on trial who are all in the squad against Dereham tonight.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1727659,00.html

It''s good to see Crook given the job of developing the young players through the reserves. Another thing Gunn has got right, IMO.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

If it is 6 or 7 players that could include 2 or 3 of the ex-spur youths on trial who are all in the squad against Dereham tonight.

It''s good to see Crook given the job of developing the young players through the reserves. Another thing Gunn has got right, IMO.

[/quote]

Huh ?

May i ask why ?

Everyones ok with St. cluck moaning about city so why does "Ace" get the best ignored ???

I think i`ll just ignore your post !!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="ncfclad"]players who are good enough always gel.[/quote]

This just shows how very little you know about this great game!

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

[/quote]

Huh ?

May i ask why ?

Everyones ok with St. cluck moaning about city so why does "Ace" get the best ignored ???

I think i`ll just ignore your post !!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]I think he was referring the ignoring of Cluck''s post