Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Dereham Town 1, Norwich City XI 1

According to the Twitter update, Barrett drilled through Lee-Barrett after 2 minutes. I''d have thought that was a red card surely? Violent conduct? Whats next, McVeigh saws Steer in half?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]No Beausant, but its obviously a feeling youre well acquainted with?[/quote]

* Buries head in hands*

Don''t really get irony do you young man?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Barclay hero"]No Beausant, but its obviously a feeling youre well acquainted with?[/quote]

* Buries head in hands*

Don''t really get irony do you young man?

[/quote][:''(]

1-1 on twitter, Troy Powell is looking really really good supposedly.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]1-1 on twitter, Troy Powell is looking really really good supposedly.[/quote]Whose twitter is that on Sal?

camuldonum

Carra Roaders
very-verbal

[Agree] [Disagree]

http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/awards/journo.jpg

Dereham game

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« on: Today at 09:12:33 PM »
ReplyReply Reply with quoteQuote

Got a friend at the game (a former pro) and his verdict at half time was that the best "Norwich" player on the pitch among seven triallists was Troy Powell.  "Absolute handful, looks very very good, causing Dereham all sorts of problems but he''s not been backed up very well so far.  He had one cleared off the line but looks a very good prospect - hell of a workrate.  Chases everything.  Norwich keeper won''t be happy about their goal - over 25 yards I reckon.  The lad hit it well but he had a good view of it and it just sailed past him.   It wasn''t even going away from him from the angle I was at.  Looked like a very late reaction to me.
"Dereham obviously used to playing together a lot and it shows."   1-0 to Dereham when he wrote that.

Thanks bud, i was looking on the carrowroad.net site under forums but couldn''t see anything NCFC related just Quiz masters, local football and guests and visitors, do you have to be registered to see a NCFC discussion? I have made an account but it''s still pending

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Young man??? Thats the best thing anyones said to me all day.....thankyou!! However I''m not the one struggling with irony....[/quote]

Woops, sorry if I missed it. I''d just assumed that you were taking me literally, its been a long day. I''m 52 myself, so I live for the day someone calls me "young man". No offence meant!

very-verbal

[Agree] [Disagree]

http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/awards/journo.jpg

Dereham game

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:08:08 PM »
ReplyReply Reply with quoteQuote

Full time update: "Much better performance from Norwich in the second half, probably fitness came into it as well.  Powell still the best player for me - worked his socks off second half and was taken off with about three minutes to go.  Looked knackered. 

"Two good players in the defence - Mtandari gets forward a hell of a lot for a full back but joint man of the match with Powell was Francomb - great covering defensive player - kept at least two goals out.  He looks a really good prospect because he reads the game so well.  Much better second half from Chrysantho who seemed to have suddenly woken up and was unlucky not to get a goal - just a bit too close to the Dereham keeper.

"Doubt Norwich will be signing the keeper.  Poor kicking sometimes and a dreadful blunder in the second half when he lost a ball almost on his line and only Francomb kept it out.  Francomb looks a really good kid - covering defenders worth their weight in gold.  Norwich need to hang on to him.  Ended 1-1, probably about right on the second half.  Dereham did well but were pretty knackered by then.  Also Gunn was always a big bugar but he''s an even bigger bugar now."

Not much of a "match report" but an interesting view from a seasoned pro who did quite well in his time.

I was at the game and I''m really surprised to see those comments about Powell. Thought he was fairly ordinary to be honest. Dereham looked the better side for the first thirty minutes or so but City were much improved in the second half. Chrysantho (if he was the number eight) impressed me, especially in the second half, and may be worth a punt.

Just got back from the game and just read Crook''s comments about the trialists "answering some questions", I can''t believe any of them will seriously be looked at again after that tonight, Powell was truely awful!, Danny Kelly isn''t a striker, no-one really came out of it with much credit tonight.

The biggest shock however came midway through the second half when after Mcveigh went off at half-time to universal belief that it was the last we would see of him, after a poor first half, my mate gets an official club text message to say that he''d signed a one-year contract!!-cue bemusment all round, must have looked good in Scotland is all I can say!

If any of the trialists play for us again after tonight it is pathetic.I was feeling pretty positive about the way things were going in pre-season until I decided to go to Dereham.McVeigh was nothing short of poor and ineffective and Dereham should have won, can;t believe they have given him a contract. He had two opportunities to whip in dangerous wide free-kicks and couldn''t beat the first man with either, rubbish.Lee-Barrett was shocking and nearly cost us two goals, Powell was okay at best and I was disappointed by Adayemi.The proper team better put up a much, much better showing against Man Utd on Saturday

All a matter of opinion, I think, and my bloke didn''t mention McVeigh''s slick first half (there''s a half missing in the match report I think) but being a defender he was mightily taken by Francomb''s reading of the game.

We appear agreed on the keeper for the moment.

Powell was poor and couldnt hack it and McVeigh wasnt great but has played well in his other games.

Kelly isnt a striker, he is a defender by trade but for some reason we keep playing him up front.

The Cypriot guy should some good touches and Dawkin played well when he came on.

But the best player by far on the pitch was Mtandari and I would give him a year for sure. Kept winning tackles, taking on players with trickery and pace and made a couple of good blocks.