Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Lee signing tomorrow

[quote user="PhatCanary"]I have to say he showed more passion and determination in the few games he played than Russell did all season, i think most fans liked his attitude and in league 1 his no BS style will be a big help,700k does seem a bit much though,if we can get a good deal and not lose Hoolahan then i''d be happy to have him at the club!![/quote]

Yes have to say Russell spent more time suspended and cost us a lot of points, What happened last time we sold him?,Could it happen again? Oh yes please

Lee was a target man who scored 2 goals as the points dried up.

Our most potent strike force was broken up and we were less threatening once he started,  although not as poor as we were without gow and mooney starting up front.

He is straightforward package - a target man that is dropping down a level.

I must offer my sincere apologies, I am genuinely confused over this one as my source is one I have trusted before, and will continue to do so despite this. Perhaps the Clingan collapse had something to do with it.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I must offer my sincere apologies, I am genuinely confused over this one as my source is one I have trusted before, and will continue to do so despite this. Perhaps the Clingan collapse had something to do with it.[/quote]

No worry''s, no harm done![:D]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I must offer my sincere apologies, I am genuinely confused over this one as my source is one I have trusted before, and will continue to do so despite this. Perhaps the Clingan collapse had something to do with it.[/quote]

Don''t apologise you haven''t let us down before, I''m sure once the Clingan deal is sorted, there will be further news.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Don''t apologise you haven''t let us down before, I''m sure once the Clingan deal is sorted, there will be further news.

[/quote]

Really? Not saying that I don''t trust Sal but can''t remember him posting insider stuff before.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Really? Not saying that I don''t trust Sal but can''t remember him posting insider stuff before.

[/quote]Exactly, he''s never let us down before! [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, he''s never let us down before! [:D]
[/quote]

Aaaaahhhhh, if you put it that way...

The thing is I don''t post rumours or inside stuff, can''t really see the point as 99% of the "inside" stuff is all a load of Gordon! but this time I found something out that was a liitle more compelling and I felt inclined to share....

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Look at it this way if you had been right that piece of blue scum would be a City player now , we are much better off you having been wrong .[/quote]I agree LC but this club will no doubt see Michael Bridges now as the perfect option

I just wonder if Lee will be signing just yet if at all, Palace confirmed he left with their party going to the states, if you were about to sign for someomne else I doubt you would be travelling with your old club...

[quote user="kennyfoggo"] Palace confirmed he left with their party going to the states, if you were about to sign for someomne else I doubt you would be travelling with your old club...
[/quote]

Where did you see that please?

Call me cynical , but IMO Lee regrets his move to palace and wants to put his feet up in norfolk for an easy life . i''m sure many norwich fans sucked in all that " i''m desperate to play for norwich " crap but the fact is he is over the hill and once he gets his feet under the table , he will just plod around elbowing defenders and moaning when he doesn''t get the free kicks . we can do much better i''m sure .

I don''t think it''s likely we will sign anyone whilst they are away in Scotland. May well be an announcement on various players next Monday when they return but they wouldn''t have a press conference because they''re not near the local press.

[quote user="yoda"]Call me cynical , but IMO Lee regrets his move to palace and wants to put his feet up in norfolk for an easy life . i''m sure many norwich fans sucked in all that " i''m desperate to play for norwich " crap but the fact is he is over the hill and once he gets his feet under the table , he will just plod around elbowing defenders and moaning when he doesn''t get the free kicks . we can do much better i''m sure .[/quote] Somebody who can see Alan Lee for what he is , really dont know how so many of our supporters have been taken in by him , or even rate him come to that .

What makes you soooo much better qualified than everyone else?

Please do share it with us, thats why nobody here takes what you say seriously, you provide nothing whatsoever to back up what you say.

So please, genuinely, share with us exactly what proof you have to back up your statements.

[quote user="Lambo"]What makes you soooo much better qualified than everyone else?

Please do share it with us, thats why nobody here takes what you say seriously, you provide nothing whatsoever to back up what you say.

So please, genuinely, share with us exactly what proof you have to back up your statements.[/quote] Why dont you go find some proof of how good all these signings are we have made , according to you they are all wonderful but i doubt you had even heard of them before right ? .As for Alan Lee anybody who has seen him play knows he was no better than average in his prime and that was years ago , if you really rate him i seriously question your footballing knowledge , then again you think Gunns a manager so you probably have none.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, appreciate it.

I''ve never said our new signings are wonderful, i''ve simply not called them bad, instead i''m doing that ever so unsual thing of giving someone a chance to be shit before slating them. The only signing i''ve said i think could end up being really good for us is Matt Gill who i HAD heard of before and seen play. However i''m not going to say wether he is or isn''t a good addition.

Once again, just because i dis-agree with your mindless negativity doesn''t mean i think Gunn is the man for the job, there''s several other managers i''d have prefered however Gunn was chosen so i''m going to back him and the team.

If i have no football knowledge because i want to wait and see how our signings turn out before slating them then i''d love to know what slating them before ever seeing them kick a ball qualifies you as my friend.

Alan Lee is a donkey and shouldnt be signed! Just because he ran around for a few games, people think he is some sort of superstar, if Norwich want somebody to run around, ill do it for free. He only wants to join us because it convenient for where he lives. If we sign him, he will stop running because he doesnt need to impress now he has a contract and will just stand there elbowing, fouling and not scoring, like he has at all his other clubs.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Alan Lee is a donkey and shouldnt be signed! Just because he ran around for a few games, people think he is some sort of superstar, if Norwich want somebody to run around, ill do it for free. He only wants to join us because it convenient for where he lives. If we sign him, he will stop running because he doesnt need to impress now he has a contract and will just stand there elbowing, fouling and not scoring, like he has at all his other clubs.
[/quote]

I''m guessing you''re Jamie Cureton and you''re clutching at straws to keep your place...

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Alan Lee is a donkey and shouldnt be signed! Just because he ran around for a few games, people think he is some sort of superstar, if Norwich want somebody to run around, ill do it for free. He only wants to join us because it convenient for where he lives. If we sign him, he will stop running because he doesnt need to impress now he has a contract and will just stand there elbowing, fouling and not scoring, like he has at all his other clubs.[/quote]

I''m guessing you''re Jamie Cureton and you''re clutching at straws to keep your place...

[/quote]Nope, Im just not a delusional Norwich fan who is impressed by somebody who has done nothing but run around and elbow people. Cureton is also another donkey who shouldnt be in the team, both him and Lee are old and way past their best. In my opinion for next season we need 2 more strikers to compete with Martin and McDonald but Lee shouldnt be one.

If Alan Lee signs tomorrow then everything is sorted. We will win the league at a canter, Lee will score 30+ goals and all the people (idiots) who have faith in him will be on here saying something along the lines of "I told you so". Delia and Bryan Gunn will be hailed as Messiahs and Smudger will be banished from Norfolk.

Or you can look at Alan Lee''s record for Norwich last season. From what I have gathered he featured in our last 7 games. In that time we amassed an incredible 4 points, winning 1, drawing 1, and losing 4. Alan Lee scored 2 goals and managed to pick up 4 bookings.

And there are people who seriously believe he inspired the rest of the team. To what may I ask you?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I have heard a big rumour that Lee is in fact signing tomorrow! Now this is actually from a very reliable source.[/quote]

Well unless something spectacular happens in the next hour or so, maybe time to ame and shame that ''reliable source''?!