Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Transfer Activity

I have a mate who works at the club and rumour has it there will be a lot of activity in and out of he club by the end of the week. A lot of it has been in the media for a while.

Clingan will finally leave, with talk of him going to Derby. Liam Dickinson may be part of this deal as we are looking to sign him rather than loan him.

Hoolihan is, as expected, going to Palace with Alan Lee joining.

Doyle will join as expected on a season''s loan.

AND a name I''ve not heard us linked with yet is Mark Yeates from Col U. My mate has heard that we are trying to sign him.

Apparently, Matty Pattison will also be moving on before the end of the month.

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

I have a mate who works at the club and rumour has it there will be a lot of activity in and out of he club by the end of the week. A lot of it has been in the media for a while.

Clingan will finally leave, with talk of him going to Derby. Liam Dickinson may be part of this deal as we are looking to sign him rather than loan him.

Hoolihan is, as expected, going to Palace with Alan Lee joining.

Doyle will join as expected on a season''s loan.

AND a name I''ve not heard us linked with yet is Mark Yeates from Col U. My mate has heard that we are trying to sign him.

Apparently, Matty Pattison will also be moving on before the end of the month.

[/quote]

If that is true, then that is incredible load of business deals. I would be happy with all of that.

Unfortunately, I cant see Mark Yeates coming here. He has been linked to Middlesbrough and a few other championship clubs, with fees ranging from 350k - 500k.

You never know though, personally I would love Mark Yeates here...... would be an amazing signing...... but just cant see it happening sorry.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we swap Hoolahan foe Lee it will just show what a waste of space we have managing us now .
[/quote]

I Agree.

The Yeates one suprised me too. The rest is pretty much as expected and I don''t think you need to work at the club to know that the majority of them deals will probably go through. Again suprised that we would be in for Lee and Dickinson but maybe another will be going out...a Cureton maybe?

I don''t know a lot about Yeates but he certainly seems to have performed well in League 1 over the past couple of seasons and a Championship move wouldn''t surprise me. That''s not to say we aren''t in for him though if we have some Clingan cahs to spend?

As much as i want us to sign Lee i really don''t want it to be at the expense of Hoolahan.

I agree, I would like Lee here, but Hoola needs to stay.

I think it would be best if we got rid of Clingfilm in all honsesty, I would rather get some wonga for him and I don''t want to get to Jan and find he is unsettled, especally if we are near the top.

I can''t see Dickinson and Lee signing, one or other for me.

Yates, would be good, he is quite quick and tricky.

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we swap Hoolahan foe Lee it will just show what a waste of space we have managing us now .
[/quote]

I Agree.

[/quote]

I''m not so sure. I don''t think Hoolihan was as great as all the hype would have you believe. Yes he was good in parts of games but was he consistently good? I don''t think so. I''d rather have Lee in with some cash. If the Yeates rumour is true and we managed to sign him then we would, IMO, have a better player or at least a more consistent player!

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Love Hoolahan to stay but if he does not want to play L1 football what''s the point of trying to keep him?[/quote]

This is true.

Cash plus Lee for Hoolahan would be a good deal! I want Wes to stay but lets face it, if the player wants to leave to play at a higher level there''s no stopping him!

[quote user="Lambo"]What position does this Yeates fella play then?[/quote]

He looks like quite a handy winger. Something I guess we need with Croft gone and Hoolihan looking like he''s going the same way. Don''t know a lot about him but he seems to have a pretty good goalscoring record in the last couple of seasons at League 1 level.

http://www.cu-fc.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10424~23755,00.html

[quote user="Lambo"]What position does this Yeates fella play then?[/quote]

He can play left wing or up front and is left footed.

In my opinion he is much more of a threat than Wes Hoolohan. If we managed to get say 300k + Alan Lee for Wes Hoolohan, and Yeates for 350k, then I feel that would be an amazing bit of business by team gunn. Pretty much two championship quality players for one championship quality player.

People are quick to criticise the sale of Wes Hoolohan, but if he doesnt want to pull on the shirt then be gone with him. Mark Yeates is just as good as Hoolohan and three years younger.

Definately sounds like a good player at this level, he play on the right or left? Although we need players on both wings anyway so it''s not that important i suppose.

I take the question about which wing he plays on back lol.

Cheers for the info Juan

If all these deals do happen i''d be happy! We''re crying out for some width. Pattison tries hard but is very average. Hoolahoop is by far the most over rated player i''ve ever seen, the most dangerous player the opposition had most weeks with how much he gave the ball away. Lee from what i saw could be a Norwich legend so for me my fingers are well and truely crossed!

Hoolahan told me he wouldn''t go to palace or Ipswich, but money talks so we will see. 

[quote user="Iwan is God"]Cash plus Lee for Hoolahan would be a good deal! I want Wes to stay but lets face it, if the player wants to leave to play at a higher level there''s no stopping him![/quote]

...there is also the rather strong likelihood that Hoolahan has an escape clause in his contract - am pretty sure he did when Blackpool signed him from Livingston, and certainly did when we signed him, so it might not be up to what we want to fo with him.

At the end of the day I guess a large element of it is down to whether players are like Dejan and perhaps feel they owe us a season, or whether they want to play at as high a level as they can right now.

I can see some logic in wanting to sell Clingan, given that he should command a decent fee, and if he wants to go we have very little power to stop him.  But, he remains probably the best central midfielder this club has seen since the days that Safri started going downhill.  We spent too long looking for a player like him that it would be a shame to lose him unnecessarily.  Hang onto him as long as we can, I say!I could take or leave Hoolahan, to be honest... he''d be decent in this league, as he showed with Blackpool two seasons ago, but nippy wingers aren''t necessarily as hard to find as strong tartget men.  I''d sacrifice him for Lee, personally.

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

The Yeates one suprised me too. The rest is pretty much as expected and I don''t think you need to work at the club to know that the majority of them deals will probably go through. Again suprised that we would be in for Lee and Dickinson but maybe another will be going out...a Cureton maybe?

I don''t know a lot about Yeates but he certainly seems to have performed well in League 1 over the past couple of seasons and a Championship move wouldn''t surprise me. That''s not to say we aren''t in for him though if we have some Clingan cahs to spend?

[/quote]

Interesting to read Cureton''s comments in today''s EDP. Perhaps we are about to sign both Lee and Dickinson...

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Love Hoolahan to stay but if he does not want to play L1 football what''s the point of trying to keep him?[/quote]

he didnt want to play for us at championship level

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Your right there. One of the most passionless and lazy players that we had last year. I have no idea why people want him here, just because he is our only ''flair'' player.  Marc Libbra was a ''flair'' player, but he was still a lazy twit.

Hoolahan is certainly not a lazy player - he always wants the ball even if he''s playing badly. He never went into hiding, he kept plugging away even if he was having a ''mare.

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we swap Hoolahan foe Lee it will just show what a waste of space we have managing us now .[/quote]

I Agree.

[/quote]I don''t, neccessarily.  It would entirely depend on the deal (as almost all transfers do!)  Lee + Cash for Hoolahan would, if the cash was sufficient to get a decent replacement winger, be an astute deal.Straight swap would be an awful deal.

Yeah, Hoolahan would tear it up in league one and that''s proven. He''s been there and done it, but as has been mentioned, if he doesn''t want to stay then how are we gonna keep him? I believe the Palace link. Apparently, Mr Warnock was one of the first people to call up and congratulate Gunn. So, we''ll probably end up havin a deal. Ridiculous in my opinion. As has been suggested, if we get Lee plus cash then it would be alright. Plus, if the Yeates rumour is true I''d be entirely happy with that. He scored a lot of goals from the wing last season, he''s pretty handy at dead ball situations (which is more than can be said for ANY of our wingers last year) and I think he''s still reasonably young. I believe he started at Spurs as a youngster and has impressed me when I''ve seen him play. I doubt we''ll get him though. I suggested it when we were in the Championship, but he''s the U''s best player and they''d be reluctant to say the least.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Your right there. One of the most passionless and lazy players that we had last year. I have no idea why people want him here, just because he is our only ''flair'' player.  Marc Libbra was a ''flair'' player, but he was still a lazy twit.

[/quote]

To be fair he was transformed by the appointment of Gunn and in the 7/8 games before his injury he made more tackles than clingan and rusty combined so not sure he did not want to play or was passionless.