Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

why i hate the plastic footy fan!

Not at all.  I understand the point about fake fans, although don''t agree that someone has to go week in week out to be considered a fan.

The end of the post condemns the big 4.  But I don''t believe that any Norwich fan would not swap the sh1te situation we find ourselves in to be part of that 4.

i live in jersey and get 2 weeks off a year which i try and fit in 4 or 5 games a year (sat and tuesday games) no matter where they are playing and i had a man u fan born and bred in jersey come in and laugh at me when we went down after i got back from the charlton game never seen them in his life never buys the shirt what a prick

[quote user="Ali Dia"]

Not at all.  I understand the point about fake fans, although don''t agree that someone has to go week in week out to be considered a fan.

The end of the post condemns the big 4.  But I don''t believe that any Norwich fan would not swap the sh1te situation we find ourselves in to be part of that 4.

[/quote]

Cast your mind back to the time those Liverpool fans managed to get British clubs banned for five years, we were denied our place in Europe 3 seasons on the trot, perhaps if we were allowed to play back then we may well have been able to bring big named players into Norwich, And perhaps we might well have sealed our place in the premier league. just a thought thats all, but I would rather support Norwich from the Barclay than Chelski from the livingroom tv

I going to uni next year, away from Norwich (West Midlands), yet planning on trying to get a season ticket next year. Yet when we went down I had top 4 "Supporters" chanting at me, and all the jokes of playing in league 1. Yet, although they were our rivals, the forest fans were actually good about it, I got some "Its a shame you had to go" and "Barnsley shoulda gone instead", shows how your relegation rivals (real clubs) can respect each other when that happens.

Let them all have their TV football, and their crying when knocked out of the Champions League.We don''t want them all to work out that it means SO much more to just win a game when you have watched so much sh*t. They''ll all want season tickets at Carra Rud if they do!I know it may sound daft, but I believe you have to experience the downs before you can truely experience the up''s. Many Man Utd fans are old enought to remember being a middle of the road team. There are Fulham fans who can remember being beaten by Hayes at Craven Cottage in 1991 in the first round of the cup. Surely they can appreciate what their teams are now doing far more than the Johnny-come-lately''s.But remember this, if we do well next season, pushing for automatic promotion, who''ll be asking you if you can get tickets for the end of season games for them? That''s right, the Manure and Chelsea fans you''ve all moaned about. And you know what to do for them, don''t you? Get them a copy of the TV times, and circle SKY Sports.[6]

Yesterday i mentioned Herbert chapman to one of the gooners fans... suprise suprise he had never heard of him... i looked rather smugh for the rest of the day.

jas :)

I always find it useful to do 2 things with these cretins:a. Remind them they are not supporters. They contribute in no way to the club itself. In fact they support Sky television, they follow whichever teamb. Ask them politely which childhood insecurity they are trying to cover up by following Man Utd?Usually gets them mad enough to spit out their Carlsberg and drop their peanuts.

[quote user="Chrisr"]I always find it useful to do 2 things with these cretins:a. Remind them they are not supporters. They contribute in no way to the club itself. In fact they support Sky television, they follow whichever teamb. Ask them politely which childhood insecurity they are trying to cover up by following Man Utd?Usually gets them mad enough to spit out their Carlsberg and drop their peanuts. [/quote]

Ive been to anfield and goodason a few times, After gettinglost in liverpool i phoned my Norfolk scouser mates asking for directions!!! They have no come back, i actually reckon ive been to these grounds more then all off them have! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh arghhhhhhhhhhh

well even ive been to old trafford and the emirates to see man utd and arsenal play!!

man utd vs us we lost 2-1

and arsenal won 7-1 i think vs some team in europe!

Wouldn''t swap it. Have no attachment, no loyalty, no connection with any of the "big four", how can you ever take on that situation-and wouldn''t we all if it was that easy?-attach yourself and give loyalty and support to something that means nothing to you?Whatever happens to Norwich, the connection I feel with Norfolk, the county and the club cannot be broken, I don''t doubt some don''t have it or can "switch" over, but I don''t want to and will never do so.I have often thought about the people behind the bigger clubs sitting and hoping that, as time goes by, 30, 40, possibly more football clubs go to the wall, and they then visualise this vast, huge mass of fans without a club, looking for another one and wanting to tap into them for the extra income their "following" would bring. Sure, some would buy into the "Liverpool Experience" or whatever, but most wouldn''t. You can support a club because they''re big, high profile, successful-and for those reasons alone-but you can support them for other reasons as well. Good luck to the big four, but they are just another four football clubs amongst 91 in England that just happen to be other football clubs. To coin a phrase from "Highlander" - "...there can only be one..."

My favourites are the fans who support big clubs and use the line ''my Dad supports them''!!!

Bare (or should it be bear? Never too sure) in mind people spend their whole childhood doing the opposite to what their parents tell them to do it amazes me how many people did what Daddy told them to when it comes to supporting a big club!!

Also my Dad shagged my Mum and I wouldn''t do that if he told me to so why support what footie team he does?  I think this excuse is just the biggest and worst cover up for being glory hunting pricks!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

well even ive been to old trafford and the emirates to see man utd and arsenal play!!

man utd vs us we lost 2-1

and arsenal won 7-1 i think vs some team in europe!

[/quote]

I was at Highbury to see us win in 1973 when Graham Paddon scored a hat-trick in the League Cup !!  Memories, what memories !!!

20-odd years ago I sometimes used to nip to London when City weren''t playing to watch teams like Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham as a neutral. I just turned up and paid at the gate to stand (and it wasn''t very expensive). This is impossible now of course.

When someone tells me they support Man Utd I just say "I didn''t know that you were from Manchester" and ask them what they think of the transformation of the Arndale Centre (it''s a shopping Mall in Manchester).

Or if someone says they are a Liverpool fan I say "I didn''t know that you were from Liverpool" and ask them what they think of the transformation of the Albert Dock.

etc.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

When someone tells me they support Man Utd I just say "I didn''t know that you were from Manchester" and ask them what they think of the transformation of the Arndale Centre (it''s a shopping Mall in Manchester).

Or if someone says they are a Liverpool fan I say "I didn''t know that you were from Liverpool" and ask them what they think of the transformation of the Albert Dock.

etc.

[/quote]When someone tells me they support Man Utd I just say "I didn''t know you were a c................" [:)]