Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

NCISA press statement regarding the current situation at the football club

"....so we issue a statement saying we have no confidence and suddenly NCISA now has to come up with the answers according to some."

Not answers, just a coherent statement as to why you think they should go would have done.....

Steve

a glance at the ncfc website reveals that the only real businessman on the board is someone who runs a large poultry manufacturer (nowt wrong with that). The rest are - someone who runs a market research and strategy firm (wtf? a spiv, a bullsh1tter), a lawyer/PR man (a double bullsh1tter) a retired publisher (of utter garbage such as Sainsburys mag, ie a mass bullsh1tter) and a bigmouth celebrity cook (a daydreamer & mad as fck). Given the above, the NCISA announcement regarding the need for boardroom changes merely STATES THE BLEEDING OBVIOUS!

"It is with great sadness following the relegation of our football club to the third tier of English football that we think the prolonged decline of Norwich City Football Club must be arrested. "

I''m sorry but that first sentence is almost as hilarious as it is awful.

Words fail me and if this incoherent primary school bleat goes national we move from crisis club to back-of-beyond laughing stock. Oh and anyone who thinks that ''grammar doesn''t matter'' clearly doesn''t know the first thing about the authority and respect that is earned with good presentation, clear thoughts and rigorous criticism. What lifts this above any other message board blast? Absolutely nothing.

*slaps forehead in amazement*

[quote user="old yellow bird"]

The statement needed to go out today.

[/quote]

Why?

I appreciate that NCISA can issue further statements as things progress but today just seems to be a statement for the sake of it. Why not release a statement such as this six months ago? Or four weeks ago? Or last Saturday? The issues that have caused the statement to be released have been festering away for years so why wait until relegation to call for changes?

[quote]Not answers, just a coherent statement as to why you think they should go would have done.....[/quote]This is the key question to the whole mess - who should go, and why.  We''ve been relegated because we have failed on the pitch. Our budget wasn''t the biggest, but not the smallest either, quite a few smaller spending teams than any of the bottom 3 have stayed up. 
  • Would the removal of Doncaster or Munby change what happens on the pitch ?
  • Are D & M likely to appoint anyone who will give them a hard time over issues like manager selection ? 
  • How easy is it to get a "football brained" CEO or director of a decent standard onto the board ?  There probably aren''t many with the skills knocking about, and most that do tend to stick with the team they support.
Whatever happens, it has to be clearout time again on the football side.  Unfortunately "Team Gunn" have been unable to motivate or tactically guide the team sufficiently in 19 games, which makes them as culpable as the management team they replaced.

[quote user="Steve Ritchie"]

"....so we issue a statement saying we have no confidence and suddenly NCISA now has to come up with the answers according to some."

Not answers, just a coherent statement as to why you think they should go would have done.....

Steve

[/quote]

I agree that the statment could have been more detailed but atleast it''s a start, as I believe NCISA are the only force capable of giving fans some direction in how to go about getting the necessary changes at the club. Wasn''t it NCISA who was the leading force behind getting Chase out back in the day? I think some people on here are set in their ways that they don''t wish to back NCISA no matter what for whatever issues they have with them.

[quote user="Beighton"]

"It is with great sadness following the relegation of our football club to the third tier of English football that we think the prolonged decline of Norwich City Football Club must be arrested. "

Words fail me and if this incoherent primary school bleat goes national we move from crisis club to back-of-beyond laughing stock. Oh and anyone who thinks that ''grammar doesn''t matter'' clearly doesn''t know the first thing about the authority and respect that is earned with good presentation, clear thoughts and rigorous criticism. What lifts this above any other message board blast? Absolutely nothing.

I agree. It''s monumentally naive to think that grammar and presentation don''t matter; and crazy to just rush a statement out for its own sake instead of putting real thought into it. The opening sentence - which reads as though NCISA are sad that the club''s decline has to be arrested - suggests barely any thought at all. Well intentioned the statement might be; but it doesn''t exactly fill me with confidence that NCISA know what they''re doing any more than the board I''m afraid.

[/quote]

[quote user="Beighton"]

[/quote]

It''s amazing isn''t it, how many people, who have put nothing to the cause, suddenly can find "voice" to criticise when someone does something.

Lets spend 3 weeks perfecting the statement while all around moan that nothing is being done!

Sorry Tilly it''s your call but some of the comments on here are pedantic rubbish to say the least. sigh

Rubbish, Butler, utter rubbish. First you have absolutely NO IDEA what anyone has ''put to the cause'' and how dare you presume anything of the sort.

Second, effective opposition requires, coherence, inspiration, leadership, ideas, dynamism, respect - THAT statement was frankly dreadful. Weak and without clear thought.

Three weeks perfecting the statement? 1. I could have written that better in three minutes. 2. How long have they needed? Have our current problems only materialised since Sunday?

Nothing wrong with the sentiment being expressed - but when the ''voice of the fans'' is actually appealing for the exact /opposite/ to what it intends to say I think people are right to pick up on it.  At best it makes the NCISA look well-meaning if amateurish, at worst it makes them look utterly inept.

Cripes, did you come up with that in the pub?  Thats a very, very poorly worded statement, or rather snippet, that hardly deals with any of the issues.  As for the "demands" bit, well that just makes it sound pompous.

[quote user="Kathy"] 

It is with great sadness following the relegation of our football club to the third tier of English football that we think the prolonged decline of Norwich City Football Club must be arrested. The mistakes made in recent years by the custodians of the club have been repetitive and disastrous. Lessons have not been learnt and as we look toward the 2009/2010 season we are in crisis.Norwich City Independent Supporters Association wishes to place on record that it has no faith or confidence in the current make up of the boardroom, to make the correct appointments and decisions, in order that we reclaim our rightful place in the football world.

Whilst accepting that those in control have acted in what they considered to be the best of intentions, unfortunately they have been responsible for those mistakes, and it cannot and must not continue. NCISA demands that the board act quickly and decisively, and to this end changes of personnel must take place within the boardroom.
[/quote]

[quote user="dilebbw"]a glance at the ncfc website reveals that the only real businessman on the board is someone who runs a large poultry manufacturer (nowt wrong with that). The rest are - someone who runs a market research and strategy firm (wtf? a spiv, a bullsh1tter), a lawyer/PR man (a double bullsh1tter) a retired publisher (of utter garbage such as Sainsburys mag, ie a mass bullsh1tter) and a bigmouth celebrity cook (a daydreamer & mad as fck). Given the above, the NCISA announcement regarding the need for boardroom changes merely STATES THE BLEEDING OBVIOUS![/quote]

...and all considerably richer than you. Perhaps you should invest in some bullshit?

[quote user="Beighton"]

Rubbish, Butler, utter rubbish. First you have absolutely NO IDEA what anyone has ''put to the cause'' and how dare you presume anything of the sort.

Second, effective opposition requires, coherence, inspiration, leadership, ideas, dynamism, respect - THAT statement was frankly dreadful. Weak and without clear thought.

Three weeks perfecting the statement? 1. I could have written that better in three minutes. 2. How long have they needed? Have our current problems only materialised since Sunday?

[/quote]

1. What have you contributed?

2. Why haven''t you?

No they have been obviously coming for the last 4 years at least.

I have seen no coherent movements to do anything against the board, other than stupid name calling.

This is at least a start, it may not match your undoubted talents but it is a start. Perhaps you should offer your script writing talents to NCISA so the further statements will meet with your approval.

Mr. Tilson, I have managed large numbers of people as well as committees and associations. Therefore, I fully understand that is easier for individuals on the sidelines to be be critical rather than constructively engaged in contributing to the need through active involvement and, at first, was reticent to criticise. However, this statement is so very poorly constructed and thought out as to make the effort laughable. Regardless, the greater weakness is that you had a significant length of time to prepare this statement. The relegation of the club hardly arrived out of the blue at the midnight hour. You could have been preparing this statement since the Christmas period ( please don''t tell me you have been ). Failing that, you could have simply resorted to asking the bigfeller''s permission to use his recent excellent post to extract salient points from and putting together a statement from NCISA that made sense. 

Do you not see that the very thing you are striving for in pointing out the failures at NCFC is present in the association you are leading, given such weak effort at a critical juncture? Surely you can do better and, if you feel you cannot, then possibly it''s time for you to do what you are asking others to do at Carrow Road.    

Please get someone to proof read the next NCISA statement before you send out. Any half decent press office will most likely bin this after reading the first paragraph, before even getting to the main crux of the statement! Look at Dragon''s Den for example, those who present themselves well and  are coherently listened to, those who don''t are sent packing without a second thought.

If I was Lisa I would be ringing you to tell you to stick your poor little NCISA right up your A*se.You are an aggressive, undiplomatic man who comes across as arrogant and the last person on earth to run a fans group.Shame on you for having a go at one of your members in public and suggesting it is a personal attack on you, your highness.Sorry I want action, but reading your pompous, aggressive, posts and egotistical insistance on using italice so your posts look different, means that the NCISA with you at the helm are the last people on earth I wld throw my lot in with.  And I bet I''m not alone.[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="LQ"]Was this statement run by the membership of NCISA or is it the view of the committee only?I ask in view of the fact that the letter in the EDP today was represented in the headlines as being from the Associate Directors but in fact was only from two of them and wasn''t discussed with the whole of that group.Any statement should be clearly labelled with a note stating who it is from - as the Associate Director''s letter was in the small print. So is this the view of the NCISA board or the NCISA membership?

[/quote]

The Committee are democratically elected to make decisions by the membership and as such are accountable at an AGM.

I find it unbelievable as time is now an important factor in the future of Norwich City that you think we should spend God knows how much time informing and collating views from our membership before taking a stance.

Paragraph 23 of the NCISA Constitution states that an EGM can be called at the request of 10% of the membership and will then be arranged within 21 days.

There you have it Lisa, so just find 40 or so like minded people as you obviously object as a NCISA member to us taking such action and the floor is yours.

Maybe just maybe it is more a dig at me in person.

[/quote]

...indeed. The letter from Bertram/Bowkett was written last week, with two versions prepared depending on which division we were in.

Quite obviously something at NCFC has to change and their letter was well thought out, consise, identifying areas of weaknees and dealing with specifics of what they wanted to see happen. A world away from the NCISA effort.

Look, I''m not trying to bash the NCISA just for the sake of it, but come on guys... i was expecting a better effort.

Steve

OK as another committee member who saw and commented on the Press Statement, can I just say that the response from some of you sums up what unfortunately this message board has become.

Unbelievably I have had training in how to write press statements thanks to my political past.  Now whilst this is not anywhere near the 1,000 greatest press statements of all time it does what many strive to do:

It is succinct

It makes a clear point for the Press to pick up on (no doubt radio interview, follow up interviews etc will result)

It leaves the reader in no doubt as to the feelings behind the statement

It commits no "crimes" or leaves itself open to legal recourse

I have left out the more political points.

As also discussed above this was a time sensitive statement BEFORE tomorrow''s board meeting, that needed to say where NCISA felt fans views were before that meeting.

Someone said above that Doncaster and/or Munby would be gone at that meeting.  What would you have said we should have said if we had said nothing and nothing came out of that meeting?

For months posters have wanted NCISA to stand up, now we appear to be blocking your view so we have to sit down again.

[quote user="Kathy"] 

It is with great sadness following the relegation of our football club to the third tier of English football that we think the prolonged decline of Norwich City Football Club must be arrested. The mistakes made in recent years by the custodians of the club have been repetitive and disastrous. Lessons have not been learnt and as we look toward the 2009/2010 season we are in crisis.
Norwich City Independent Supporters Association wishes to place on record that it has no faith or confidence in the current make up of the boardroom, to make the correct appointments and decisions, in order that we reclaim our rightful place in the football world.

Whilst accepting that those in control have acted in what they considered to be the best of intentions, unfortunately they have been responsible for those mistakes, and it cannot and must not continue. NCISA demands that the board act quickly and decisively, and to this end changes of personnel must take place within the boardroom.

[/quote]

And where does NCISA stand on Gunn Kathy?

:o)

... you were happy for that statement to go out in that format? I''m amazed!!

I''m more than happy to proof read these things for you.

Steve

No butler, this is not a ''start''. This is counter-productive. If you can''t see that then we really are all screwed.

[quote]Someone said above that Doncaster and/or Munby would be gone at that

meeting.  What would you have said we should have said if we had said

nothing and nothing came out of that meeting?[/quote]If this is an attempt to force the boards'' hand, it misses the mark.  Sorry.

:o), why is the NCISA so over-sensitive when it comes to making their stance public?  I think everyone can agree with the sentiment the statement attempts to express, but when even a first glance highlights critical errors in the composition of the ''official statement of the NCISA'' questions could and should be asked by the supporters the group represents of the folks actually representing them - because they aren''t being done justice.

It''s not perfect but it''s a start. We have an opportunity to build some momentum now and as Astro rightly says there is no time for squabbling, nitpicking or whingeing. If we can forgot the differences of degree we can create real pressure.

:o)  - this is genius!!!

Please feel free to ''stand up'' - but when you do, avoid issuing statements written by primary school children.

The really sad thing is, you probably think people are just being ''picky''. You''re wrong. THAT statement is a cast-iron embarrassment, a real shocker and any one who played ANY role in that nonsense, shouldn''t be allowed near a statement every again.

[quote user="Beighton"]No butler, this is not a ''start''. This is counter-productive. If you can''t see that then we really are all screwed.[/quote]

We will agree to differ then.

I am just a humble member of NCISA not long joined.

I along with many just want to see our club returned to it''s rightfull place.

NCISA seems to be the only central medium at the moment that offers to bring all factions together in one coherent voice.

The statement may not have been all that many would have wished, but it is a statement that will command coverage from Archant etc.

Perhaps the next ones can be better, but as I say, it is the first shot and in my view any publicity at this stage cannot be "counter productive"