Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

NCISA press statement regarding the current situation at the football club

[quote user="face"]

[quote user="SPat"]Hmm. I just tried to join NCISA, go to the website and there''s no online payment system, hit the link to mail Clare and my mail is returned undelivered. I realise people do the work on a voluntary basis, but it really could do with becoming a bit more professional IMO. This is not having a go, but the statement feels a little similar.[/quote]

SPat,

There is no online payment system as this is not felt appropriate at this time for £2 subscriptions that are often paid over at forums, or the AGM.

If you are involved in on-line systems you will know that Paypal will take their cut so we would rather not use it at the moment.  I''m sure this will change as time goes on.

There isn''t a link to Clare.  There is a large button on the front opage that takes you to where a simple membership form is on a Word document download with Clare''s address to send it, or her email address for any queries.

Alternatively the email button on the front page to Kathy works.

I''m not sure what operating system you are using but all these buttons work on Internet Explorer 45,6 and 7 and on Opera.  As for others no one else has reported a problem so let me know if you have a problem and it will be fixed.

[/quote]Fair enough, but you could make the membership slightly higher for online payments? I don''t even have a cheque book any more! Sorry, I mean''t the email address to Clare didn''t seem to work, clare.williamson1@tiscali.co.uk gets bounced back, at least with hotmail. Thanks for your reply, I realise this is off thread.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

actions will always speak louder than words, NCISA members resigning from the SCG would be a start in my opinion. [/quote]

Completely agree.

TFAA Two years ago i was accused of being a binner and traitor for daring to suggest Smith and here cronies were ruining our club and that relegation was a real possibility. Its happened i am gutted, now i say the whole club has to be swept clean, the board, Gunn, ALL MUST GO.

John, Kathy or Face - As we can''t join online, is there any plan for a soon to be held meeting at which we can join?

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

This is ridiculous.

At a time when we need to be working together as fans we start talking about splinter groups because the one organised supporters body says much of what people agree with but not quite in the way they''d like to say it.

Pathetic. This kind of idiotic childish squabbling is garbage. I''m not even a member of NCISA but they are the supporters body and those who are on the committee and constructed this have taken the time over the years to attend meetings and become democratically elected by their peers. And now some berk on a message board who has invested no time than it takes to spit out a quick e-mail wants a splinter group all of his very own and thinks you all should join.

I despair.

[/quote]

Well said! [y]

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

This is ridiculous.

At a time when we need to be working together as fans we start talking about splinter groups because the one organised supporters body says much of what people agree with but not quite in the way they''d like to say it.

Pathetic. This kind of idiotic childish squabbling is garbage. I''m not even a member of NCISA but they are the supporters body and those who are on the committee and constructed this have taken the time over the years to attend meetings and become democratically elected by their peers. And now some berk on a message board who has invested no time than it takes to spit out a quick e-mail wants a splinter group all of his very own and thinks you all should join.

I despair.

[/quote]

Well said! [y]

[/quote]

Then perhaps you should also read the answer!

I am on the committee and hold my hands up as not being a professional press release writer or hold any particular qualifications which might help us in our cause except tons of passion and a very strong ethic regarding fighting the cause for fans who feel shut out in the cold from those who determine policy at NCFC.

I have said on another thread that I joined the committee to see if I could help bring change to what''s going on at the club. Maybe I can help in that effort, maybe not. If anyone does want to help then they are welcome to join NCISA and contribute ideas.

Astrodyne, there will be a public meeting and the Chairman, John Tilson is working towards planning that very event where you will be able to join and have your say about what''s happening at NCFC.

I do hope that as concerned fans we can work together to the common cause and just accept we all have much to give and that we can all, despite differences in opinions, agree to find solutions and ways to work to halt the slide of our once great club.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am on the committee and hold my hands up as not being a professional press release writer or hold any particular qualifications which might help us in our cause except tons of passion and a very strong ethic regarding fighting the cause for fans who feel shut out in the cold from those who determine policy at NCFC. I have said on another thread that I joined the committee to see if I could help bring change to what''s going on at the club. Maybe I can help in that effort, maybe not. If anyone does want to help then they are welcome to join NCISA and contribute ideas. Astrodyne, there will be a public meeting and the Chairman, John Tilson is working towards planning that very event where you will be able to join and have your say about what''s happening at NCFC. I do hope that as concerned fans we can work together to the common cause and just accept we all have much to give and that we can all, despite differences in opinions, agree to find solutions and ways to work to halt the slide of our once great club.[/quote]

A wise, conciliatory post, gazza. I agree entirely.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="The Butler"]

I agree with much in what you have to say, but and this is the big but, the committe members are not "full time" employees of NCISA and have other work and responsabilities.

To carry out what you describe would be ideal but demand more time than I presume that they can devote to all the research and work neccessary. I am sure that if the subs could reach the amount, then a full time press officer/researcher would be ideal.

I sympathise with what they have tried to do ahead of tomorrows meeting, and yes it has got "free press" tarted slightly by the reporter involved so in it''s way has worked.

More detailed statements can follow, when the outcome of the board meeting is known.

That''s the time that ALL the details and real pressure will need to be applied and I am sure that Kathy/Tilly etc will look to gain help from every wothwhile source available.

[/quote]

I hope you''re right - especially in what you say in your last sentence. In the end though, it may come down to a few of us going beyond the call of duty and devoting time and effort to getting something organised ourselves. I''m loathe to act without NCISA''s blessing, because I think further dividing fans'' groups can only be bad news; equally, I suspect what this calls for is some sort of pressure group, elected or otherwise, which does the things I mentioned above, and involves people of real expertise. Purely from reading this board, the sort of people I think would be suitable are you, Beighton, Pastry, Andy Larkin, gazzathegreat and others too.

[/quote]

Well rightly or wrongly since Tilly has been Chairman it appears to an outsider that nCIsA has become more democratic. To the outsider it appears he takes into account the views of all his members. Your retort is to set up a group hand picked to broadly represent the same view. What are you going to do if these people then consult with Martin Armstrong and Gordon Bennett and then don''t agree with what they find? Will you meet up with more until you find the answers you want?

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

This is ridiculous.

I despair.

[/quote]

No - I want to work with and through NCISA. But when I see a statement like this, I worry. This isn''t about any individual: it''s about the club and only that, and how best we go about creating change for the good of everyone. Perhaps that''ll simply be via NCISA, and I very much hope it is; but perhaps it won''t be. Debating all this is a good thing - and just because people disagree with the form or points made by the statement, it doesn''t mean we''re divided or hopeless.

There''s a reason many of us haven''t got involved with NCISA up until this point. It''s because they''re frequently regarded as toothless. NCISA need to disprove this, and to demonstrate expertise and that they know what they''re doing. I looked forward to this statement, but was deeply disappointed and alarmed by what it suggested: to my mind, it hasn''t dispelled the view many hold of the organisation at all. Which is a huge shame, and an opportunity missed, as others have said.

[/quote]

The statement was never going to be Chaucer but what it does do is it provides one single voice and demonstrates the view from the fans as a body. It never would or could satisfy every individual point of view, but it raises the issues publically with what are generally agreed points that 99% of fans are behind. I agree it could be better constructed but to be fair if I wanted it done better then I have had ample opportunity to get involved with NCISA over the years and I haven''t, so I accept what those that have put the time in have come up with. Plus, the very real point is that this doesn''t need to be the statement to end all statements. It merely needs to mark the change in stance of NCISA which, regardless of my opinion or your opinion on its artistic merits, it does do.

I generally agree with your points Feller and I understand where you are coming from, but when you mentioned seperate pressure groups etc it just smacked of "well I don''t like what they wrote so I''ll start my own group and do it the way I want". Perhaps I read it incorrectly and if so I apologise, but the last thing we need at this moment is to divide. I''ve always been relatively ambivalent towards NCISA, but they could play a huge part in shaping a bright future for our club, and as such we need to give them a chance and our undivided support rather than crucifying the first thing they do.

I''m sure that NCISA will look at the responses generated and this will feed into their next statement, but criticism needs to be constructive, whereas much of it here by non-members is patronising and reactionary (and I''m not aiming that at you, but those non-members who are suggesting they write the next NCISA release as if Tilly, Kathy et al are remedial school drop-outs who arn''t capable of handling the very organisation they have run for donkeys years just because the non-members happen to be interested in it for the first time ever.)

[quote user="thebigfeller"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am on the committee and hold my hands up as not being a professional press release writer or hold any particular qualifications which might help us in our cause except tons of passion and a very strong ethic regarding fighting the cause for fans who feel shut out in the cold from those who determine policy at NCFC. I have said on another thread that I joined the committee to see if I could help bring change to what''s going on at the club. Maybe I can help in that effort, maybe not. If anyone does want to help then they are welcome to join NCISA and contribute ideas. Astrodyne, there will be a public meeting and the Chairman, John Tilson is working towards planning that very event where you will be able to join and have your say about what''s happening at NCFC. I do hope that as concerned fans we can work together to the common cause and just accept we all have much to give and that we can all, despite differences in opinions, agree to find solutions and ways to work to halt the slide of our once great club.[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed, this infighting between different factions is becoming tiresome. Personally I''ve sat on the sidelines for a long time purely because I didn''t want to join either gang, neither Smudgers gang(albiet he doesn''t see it as his[;)] ) or Mr Tilsons gang(he does see it as his[;)] joking) because of the constant bickering between the 2 gangs.

But if the NCISA are now prepared to stand up and be counted regardless of whether the horse has bolted or not then I''m in. It is now time to put both personal and (club)political differences on the back burner for the good of the one thing we are all here for...Norwich City FC 

We all want the same thing and now is as good a time as any to go get our club back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="The Butler"]

I agree with much in what you have to say, but and this is the big but, the committe members are not "full time" employees of NCISA and have other work and responsabilities.

To carry out what you describe would be ideal but demand more time than I presume that they can devote to all the research and work neccessary. I am sure that if the subs could reach the amount, then a full time press officer/researcher would be ideal.

I sympathise with what they have tried to do ahead of tomorrows meeting, and yes it has got "free press" tarted slightly by the reporter involved so in it''s way has worked.

More detailed statements can follow, when the outcome of the board meeting is known.

That''s the time that ALL the details and real pressure will need to be applied and I am sure that Kathy/Tilly etc will look to gain help from every wothwhile source available.

[/quote]

I hope you''re right - especially in what you say in your last sentence. In the end though, it may come down to a few of us going beyond the call of duty and devoting time and effort to getting something organised ourselves. I''m loathe to act without NCISA''s blessing, because I think further dividing fans'' groups can only be bad news; equally, I suspect what this calls for is some sort of pressure group, elected or otherwise, which does the things I mentioned above, and involves people of real expertise. Purely from reading this board, the sort of people I think would be suitable are you, Beighton, Pastry, Andy Larkin, gazzathegreat and others too.

[/quote]

Well rightly or wrongly since Tilly has been Chairman it appears to an outsider that nCIsA has become more democratic. To the outsider it appears he takes into account the views of all his members. Your retort is to set up a group hand picked to broadly represent the same view. What are you going to do if these people then consult with Martin Armstrong and Gordon Bennett and then don''t agree with what they find? Will you meet up with more until you find the answers you want?

[/quote]

Interesting Nutty, thought you were dead said against joining NCISA.

I think the whole point was to bring as much expertise,knowledge and diverse views to the table so that the fans can have a cohesive voice to talk to the board with. There is for more expertise out there than there is sit at board level.

In my view that should include someone who  daily shows his love and knowledge of the club. I wonder who that is?[:D]

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

This is ridiculous.

I despair.

[/quote]

No - I want to work with and through NCISA. But when I see a statement like this, I worry. This isn''t about any individual: it''s about the club and only that, and how best we go about creating change for the good of everyone. Perhaps that''ll simply be via NCISA, and I very much hope it is; but perhaps it won''t be. Debating all this is a good thing - and just because people disagree with the form or points made by the statement, it doesn''t mean we''re divided or hopeless.

There''s a reason many of us haven''t got involved with NCISA up until this point. It''s because they''re frequently regarded as toothless. NCISA need to disprove this, and to demonstrate expertise and that they know what they''re doing. I looked forward to this statement, but was deeply disappointed and alarmed by what it suggested: to my mind, it hasn''t dispelled the view many hold of the organisation at all. Which is a huge shame, and an opportunity missed, as others have said.

[/quote]

the last thing we need at this moment is to divide. I''ve always been relatively ambivalent towards NCISA, but they could play a huge part in shaping a bright future for our club, and as such we need to give them a chance and our undivided support rather than crucifying the first thing they do.

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

This is ridiculous.

I despair.

[/quote]

[/quote]

the last thing we need at this moment is to divide. I''ve always been relatively ambivalent towards NCISA, but they could play a huge part in shaping a bright future for our club, and as such we need to give them a chance and our undivided support rather than crucifying the first thing they do.

[/quote]

Well said.

This is ridiculous.

I despair.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="thebigfeller"]

[/quote]

Agreed, this infighting between different factions is becoming tiresome. Personally I''ve sat on the sidelines for a long time purely because I didn''t want to join either gang, neither Smudgers gang(albiet he doesn''t see it as his[;)] ) or Mr Tilsons gang(he does see it as his[;)] joking) because of the constant bickering between the 2 gangs.

But if the NCISA are now prepared to stand up and be counted regardless of whether the horse has bolted or not then I''m in. It is now time to put both personal and (club)political differences on the back burner for the good of the one thing we are all here for...Norwich City FC 

We all want the same thing and now is as good a time as any to go get our club back.

[/quote]

I agree, I too had no intentions of joining either "gang" (as you put it) before now, as I did not previously know the intentions NCISA. Atleast this statement has given us the konwledge that NCISA are finally prepared to stand up and be counted for. You could easily say that it should have been done sooner, but why waste yet more time bickering over who should have done what, when and how, when what we need to be doing is forming an association that can get a strong message across to the board, because as of yet we fans have failed to do so. And the only way we can do this is if we all stand together as one.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

The statement was never going to be Chaucer but what it does do is it provides one single voice and demonstrates the view from the fans as a body. It never would or could satisfy every individual point of view, but it raises the issues publically with what are generally agreed points that 99% of fans are behind. I agree it could be better constructed but to be fair if I wanted it done better then I have had ample opportunity to get involved with NCISA over the years and I haven''t, so I accept what those that have put the time in have come up with. Plus, the very real point is that this doesn''t need to be the statement to end all statements. It merely needs to mark the change in stance of NCISA which, regardless of my opinion or your opinion on its artistic merits, it does do.

I generally agree with your points Feller and I understand where you are coming from, but when you mentioned seperate pressure groups etc it just smacked of "well I don''t like what they wrote so I''ll start my own group and do it the way I want". Perhaps I read it incorrectly and if so I apologise, but the last thing we need at this moment is to divide. I''ve always been relatively ambivalent towards NCISA, but they could play a huge part in shaping a bright future for our club, and as such we need to give them a chance and our undivided support rather than crucifying the first thing they do.

I''m sure that NCISA will look at the responses generated and this will feed into their next statement, but criticism needs to be constructive, whereas much of it here by non-members is patronising and reactionary (and I''m not aiming that at you, but those non-members who are suggesting they write the next NCISA release as if Tilly, Kathy et al are remedial school drop-outs who arn''t capable of handling the very organisation they have run for donkeys years just because the non-members happen to be interested in it for the first time ever.)

[/quote]

Thanks for that: a very fair response. Good grief, I don''t want us to become more divided either: we do need to stand together united in common cause. In that regard, the more of us ready and willing to contribute and assist NCISA along that path, the better.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I would be very surprised if we don''t find at least some former board members who confirm what many of us already suspect. But your point about democracy and legitimacy is a fair one: it''s why we all need to stand together and contribute to NCISA as much as is possible.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Well said. [/quote]Why do you keep saying "well said"?[/quote]

I think after two years of making himself hoarse on the clubs accounts he has found well water in Port Said.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

Thanks for that: a very fair response. Good grief, I don''t want us to become more divided either: we do need to stand together united in common cause. In that regard, the more of us ready and willing to contribute and assist NCISA along that path, the better.

[/quote]

At this rate Tilly''s going to run out of fingers when he counts the new subs at the next meeting [;)]

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I would be very surprised if we don''t find at least some former board members who confirm what many of us already suspect. But your point about democracy and legitimacy is a fair one: it''s why we all need to stand together and contribute to NCISA as much as is possible.

[/quote]

I rather suspect you''d find some of all views just like you do fans. In my humble opinion there are no clear aims amongst any of us to the way forward. It ranges from hounding Smith&Jones out without a care for what happens next to giving the whole lot carte blanche to have another go next year. There has to be some sort of reasoning behind what is demanded. I know relegation to league One is reason enough to be angry and let down but if it''s just a scapegoat wanted then if they hand over Doncasters head on a plate will it change anything? Worthy was hounded out in this way and what did that achieve?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I rather suspect you''d find some of all views just like you do fans. In my humble opinion there are no clear aims amongst any of us to the way forward. It ranges from hounding Smith&Jones out without a care for what happens next to giving the whole lot carte blanche to have another go next year. There has to be some sort of reasoning behind what is demanded. I know relegation to league One is reason enough to be angry and let down but if it''s just a scapegoat wanted then if they hand over Doncasters head on a plate will it change anything? Worthy was hounded out in this way and what did that achieve?

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure, nigel, that we could certainly achieve a consensus around the following:

1. Doncaster out.

2. Someone with demonstrable footballing expertise being appointed to the board.

There''s your first step. Clearly, and terrifyingly from my point of view, there''s no consensus around Gunn getting the job or not: fans are split on that. If he does get the job, I and many like me will conclude no lessons have been learned. If, on the other hand, someone with something of a track record is appointed instead (I''d prefer any of Boothroyd, Ince, Tilson or Gannon to Robins, but would cheerfully accept Robins'' appointment), a lot of the fury will die down, and we''ll all get behind him and the team. It''s for the board to decide now: the ball''s in their court.

Spot on Nutty - hence the need for strong, receptive leadership that states it''s aims the clearest terms possible.  That is the only reason this statement is unsatisfactory to me personally, as a member of the NCISA.

With respect I think a lot of people on this thread are overlooking a key point. Those who are criticising the wording/grammar/punctuation/ink colour etc of the statement refer to NCISA as if it''s something set apart from the fanbase. Repeating something I''ve said elsewhere, at the moment NCISA is recognised by the club and the media, and is cheap, easy to join and open to all. Consequently, if you don''t like something about it the answer is to join and change it from within, not sit on the outside carping at the efforts of genuine people who are doing things in their spare time and using the skill sets available to them.

At the moment the organisation is small, but it doesn''t have to stay that way. In my view it is the perfect vehicle for any coordinated fan response to, or dialogue with, the club. There has been way too much pointless and, quite often very personal, conflict on this board duirng the season, but the last couple of days have seen some sensible and constructive debate. We all want the same thing, namely City to rise from the ashes, but we won''t get it by bickering on this forum. NCISA isn''t perfect, but we can make it better,although that can only be done from the inside.

We either stand together or we fail.

[quote user="thebigfeller"]

Sorry Kathy and Tilly: that just doesn''t do the job. We already suspect that Doncaster and probably Munby will go tomorrow in any case. This statement gives the board a very simple get out: scapegoat and get rid of them, then bring in who knows who else, who''ll probably just be apologists for Smith and Jones'' inept stewardship.

The statement makes no mention of the desperate need for footballing expertise on the board, nor of Bryan Gunn''s position, nor the specific role the joint majority shareholders have played in our downfall. I think it plays into the board''s hands, and is weak; far weaker than I was anticipating sadly.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly BF.

Nowhere does it state that we nead a clearout from top to bottom.

It does not mention the fact that a large number of fans will not remain happy while Delia & Michael are majority shareholders of our club.

It also missed the chance to add that a large number of fans see that Bryan Gunn is not the man to lead us back in to the Championship.

But hey, ate least NCISA are now at least trying to do something... [Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

With respect I think a lot of people on this thread are overlooking a key point. Those who are criticising the wording/grammar/punctuation/ink colour etc of the statement refer to NCISA as if it''s something set apart from the fanbase. Repeating something I''ve said elsewhere, at the moment NCISA is recognised by the club and the media, and is cheap, easy to join and open to all. Consequently, if you don''t like something about it the answer is to join and change it from within, not sit on the outside carping at the efforts of genuine people who are doing things in their spare time and using the skill sets available to them.

At the moment the organisation is small, but it doesn''t have to stay that way. In my view it is the perfect vehicle for any coordinated fan response to, or dialogue with, the club. There has been way too much pointless and, quite often very personal, conflict on this board duirng the season, but the last couple of days have seen some sensible and constructive debate. We all want the same thing, namely City to rise from the ashes, but we won''t get it by bickering on this forum. NCISA isn''t perfect, but we can make it better,although that can only be done from the inside.

We either stand together or we fail.

[/quote]Yes, this is true. I feel that what most of us want, and show by contributing to the discussion on this message board, is a say on how the club is run. At present there seems to be only one way of achieveing this - join NCISA.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure, nigel, that we could certainly achieve a consensus around the following:

1. Doncaster out.

2. Someone with demonstrable footballing expertise being appointed to the board.

There''s your first step. Clearly, and terrifyingly from my point of view, there''s no consensus around Gunn getting the job or not: fans are split on that. If he does get the job, I and many like me will conclude no lessons have been learned. If, on the other hand, someone with something of a track record is appointed instead (I''d prefer any of Boothroyd, Ince, Tilson or Gannon to Robins, but would cheerfully accept Robins'' appointment), a lot of the fury will die down, and we''ll all get behind him and the team. It''s for the board to decide now: the ball''s in their court.

[/quote]

We disagree straight away bigfeller. I used to think it would be good to have someone like that on the board but have since changed my mind. If the they get the appointment of football manager right then someone on the board who "thinks they know best" could be counter-productive. Just as consulting with football people hasn''t helped get the appointment right anyway. I don''t know the way forward but I don''t pretend to either.