Roeder was a better manager than Gunn - Page 2 - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rustys 1st Touch

Roeder was a better manager than Gunn

Would we though? I suspect we might have been marginally better under Roeder, depending on who he might have brought in on loan.Both p-poor choices by the now-apparently mute Board though.

[quote user="Danielt88"]Both rubbish. I virulently hated Roeder whereas I just feel exasperation with Gunn. Take your pick from that.[/quote]What take your pick from your personal opinion on Roeder vs a club legend in Gunn. I couldn''t care if the manager of Norwich was unpopular. It''s not a popularity contest, its about winning football matches and keeping Norwich in the championship. Gunn has failed in this regard.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]End of.
[/quote]

Whatever are you on about? Roeder was the biggest disaster to happen to this football club in 50 years (well apart from the boards appointment of him). He was given free reign to rip this club apart, destroy morale, sack loyal backroom staff, bring in a bunch of crappy loan signings who we couldn''t afford. He got lucky last year getting in Ched Evans without whom we definitely would''ve been relegated then. Spent any available money of short term fixes He had a whole year to bring in any kind of striker on loan or otherwise but all he could muster at the 11th hour was an ailing and ageing Carl Asda Cort. But worst of all letting Huckerby go. I don''t think Gunn would ever have been so stupid. So no, in my final analysis Roeder is the worst football manager on the planet and Gunn has launched a failed salvage operation. End of.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Personally I think the rot started when Lee Clark walked out whilst he was here we had something about us. Once Clark left Roeder didn''t have the personality to deal with the players or fans.

Huddersfield seem to like what they have.

[/quote]

Spot on. Clark was the only one holding a rapidly sinking ship together and I have no doubt Huddersfield will be there or there about next season. There is no point arguing whether Gunn or Roeder is a better manager, at the end of the day they were / are both pap!! Gunny is a legend, as is Norman Wisdom / Julie Walters and Stephen Fry (to name but 3) would I want any of them in charge of the team??

Hell no!!!

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]End of.[/quote]

Whatever are you on about? Roeder was the biggest disaster to happen to this football club in 50 years (well apart from the boards appointment of him). He was given free reign to rip this club apart, destroy morale, sack loyal backroom staff, bring in a bunch of crappy loan signings who we couldn''t afford. He got lucky last year getting in Ched Evans without whom we definitely would''ve been relegated then. Spent any available money of short term fixes He had a whole year to bring in any kind of striker on loan or otherwise but all he could muster at the 11th hour was an ailing and ageing Carl Asda Cort. But worst of all letting Huckerby go. I don''t think Gunn would ever have been so stupid. So no, in my final analysis Roeder is the worst football manager on the planet and Gunn has launched a failed salvage operation. End of.

[/quote]Roeder showed he could sign decent players. Evans, Clingan, Stefanovic, Hoolahan, Bell, Lita. The biggest disaster for this club was Grant he was totally out of his depth and a ridiculous decision from the board. To blame Roeder is short sighted considering he kept us up last season. Grant would have had us relegated last season nevermind this season.

5 wins in 19 makes that one hell of a failed salvage operation , just admit to what everybody knows Bryan Gunn is no football manager and if he stays on next season it will all end in tears . Better for him to walk away before the fans really start hating him .

Original poster spot on - we are relegated because the board bowed to the whims of many idiotic fans who can''t handle someone telling them they are wrong. So what if you didnt like roeder - youre protests against him forced the board into lunacy. Now you, the fans, will pay with life in the lower leagues. Pathetic excuse for supporters.Ban me, I don''t care, if Roeder were to be sacked then why appoint some Norwich ''Legend'' bum boy just to keep you parasites happy. Gunn and the fans arel sickophants, and the Gunn is leeching off all of you, he wanted to be back in the spotlight. Well, heres news for you Gunn, you were NEVER up to the job. Youre signings were absolute rubbish, your tactics and selections - horrendous. And one night where you still had a chance - tonight - you let it all slip away.Fair enough, the shitheads down the road have the luxury of a lot of money - but they sign a manager who at least has the experience of getting an underperforming team playing and getting promoted. NCFC is nothing more than a rotten core, a disgrace. I''m sick of my team being losers. Everyone associated with the club are losers. How much longer are you all going to put up with it?

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]Original poster spot on - we are relegated because the board bowed to the whims of many idiotic fans who can''t handle someone telling them they are wrong. So what if you didnt like roeder - youre protests against him forced the board into lunacy. Now you, the fans, will pay with life in the lower leagues. Pathetic excuse for supporters.

Ban me, I don''t care, if Roeder were to be sacked then why appoint some Norwich ''Legend'' bum boy just to keep you parasites happy. Gunn and the fans arel sickophants, and the Gunn is leeching off all of you, he wanted to be back in the spotlight. Well, heres news for you Gunn, you were NEVER up to the job. Youre signings were absolute rubbish, your tactics and selections - horrendous. And one night where you still had a chance - tonight - you let it all slip away.
Fair enough, the shitheads down the road have the luxury of a lot of money - but they sign a manager who at least has the experience of getting an underperforming team playing and getting promoted. NCFC is nothing more than a rotten core, a disgrace. I''m sick of my team being losers. Everyone associated with the club are losers. How much longer are you all going to put up with it?
[/quote]

Okay Einstein, don''t waste time telling me what you don''t want. That one''s easy. What do you want to be put in place and do you have a plan to make that happen?

Watching on TV tonight it seemed that the board whipped the rug from under Worthy and he still feels betrayed. I suspect we (those of us who wanted him out) blamed him for selling assets and not buying wisely when actually he didn''t have an option. Noone has coped with the situation and I doubt many could.A complete overhaul is needed on the business side. At least going through these last 3 years has shown this up?In answer to the OP: Roeder was and is the worst manager ever. Gunn and Grant do not count as neither are managers- they tried and can''t even start to do it.

Roeder was woeful in nearly every department. He was an awful appointment in the first place, and he''s not only destroyed the team on the pitch but also very nearly totally dis-engaged the club from the fans. We would have been relegated some time ago if he was still in charge! 

Gunn is by no means my choice as manager but Roeder''s Rot was steadfastly set in long before Gunn attempted his failed salvage operation.  

How wrong you are, the club was on a downward spiral, directly because of Roeder.Gunn had a thankless task, but im quite sure we would have finished bottom of the league and been relegated 2 weeks ago under Roeder. At least with Gunn weve still got a chance.

[quote user="Bakerman8"]

Anyone is better than roeder, to be fair

lol

[/quote]

Now that reminds me of.............

Anyway he was better than both of them. And Grant, whose mistakes in the transfer market make him worse than both!

I don''t understand how some of you say that Roeder was the worst manager we''ve ever had, surely Grant was the worst. The money he wasted on a random Czech striker, dodgy Scottish keeper and a hopeless French midfielder has to go down as the main reason we are in this mess.Get some perspective and leave your personal animosity towards Roeder at the door. If he had the money Grant wasted we would not be in this mess.

At least Grant knew when to go rather than making the club sack him -thus being in charge longer than he should have been.

Also Grant wasn''t arrogant.

We didn''t spend that much on Strihavka as he was sent back before we had to pay the full fee- later in the season he was playing in the UEFA cup scoring against Spurs- it remains to be seen if we''d struck a proper deal for him and kept him longer whether he would have been a good signing for us.

Speaking about dodgy signings take a look at some of Roeders loan players Troy Archibald Henville and Omar Koroma- loan players don''t cost nothing either.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]At least Grant knew when to go rather than making the club sack him -thus being in charge longer than he should have been.

Also Grant wasn''t arrogant.

We didn''t spend that much on Strihavka as he was sent back before we had to pay the full fee- later in the season he was playing in the UEFA cup scoring against Spurs- it remains to be seen if we''d struck a proper deal for him and kept him longer whether he would have been a good signing for us.

Speaking about dodgy signings take a look at some of Roeders loan players Troy Archibald Henville and Omar Koroma- loan players don''t cost nothing either.[/quote]I''m right in thinking Grant got a nice pay-off which was the main reason he left. Strihavka was completely unsuited to the physical Championship and a gamble that never paid off. We would have been relegated last season by Grant so how is he any better than Roeder! Oh thats right he was a nice man just like Bryan Gunn.