Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

City Directors fund Players Flight to Wales!

I am going to take all of your cars away from you and I might let you use them on the odd occasion and when I do you had better be greatful for my generosity.

Fact is - this just aint news. I completely agree about he mis-management of funds being responsible for the need for such a ''gesture''. What are Archant playing at allowing themselves to be manipulated as a PR mouthpiece like this??? There should be suitable funds available to ship our team around quickly on a busy weekend such as this. The dates were confirmed last summer so why on earth do the board have to make such a fuss of braking open the piggy bank at this late stage. Annoying!!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hmm - the last time they flew anywhere was the Blackpool game.  Shouldn''t be possible to get jet-lag on a one hour flight...
[/quote]

My sentiments exactly!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

Has anyone considered that there is only 48 hours between the next two games, and it is to our advantage to get the players back to Norwich as soon as possible so they can rest up before Monday''s game. No, thought not.

Of course, those who whine about the cost of the flight would be the first ones to complain that the players looked jaded on Monday.

[/quote]

Very true - I just hope they deal with the flight better than they did the flight to Blackpool.
[/quote]

I hope so too, blah.

The last time the team flew to the coast it produced a total '' no-show '' so we can only hope all the usual waffle in the Archant stable...." very long journey ", " the players need to be fresh and focussed for Watford ", etc, etc doesn''t come back to bite them on the bum.....

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

equally could spin that as ''board has so poorly managed the club we can no longer afford to get to games out of the operating budget''

how is this a news item, aren''t football club owners mean''t to stick their hand''s in their pockets anyway, if not what''s the point of them...ggggrrrrrrr

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly..... It would cost no more than £5k per game to fly domestically.  23 x 5k = £115k.  Approximately the amount spent on a conservatory at colney in pre season.

Mismanagement!

[/quote]

So you would fly the Norwich City team 40 miles down the road to Ipswich?

Thought not :)

The headline is incorrect anyway because the Director''s may have authorised travelling by air but the cost isn''t going to come out of thier pcokets unless they are shareholders. In any case, it''s got to be the right decision given the two games in the space of 48 hours and the critical importance of keeping the players as fresh and as fit as possible.

[quote user="jacks ncfc "]not surprised 7 hours on a bus how boring that would be.[/quote]

Its only 300 miles and about a 5 hr journey, presume they flew from Stansted which is about 1.5 hours from Norwich anyway as Norwich airport don''t do Cardiff flights as far as I know.

I think we as fans should be humbled and eternally grateful - that the board of Directors have dug deep to fund the flight to South Wales.....

A truly marvellous gesture, and so sad that some sneaky mole at the club had the gall to tell all and sundry about it! When I''m sure the NCFC Board would have preferred it to be kept quiet....I bet the CE is seething....

Er, did they just fund one-way...or include return?

Not sure Mello but I suspect the pre flight mints and the anti thrombosis tights were strictly of bounds for the journey. As per ND''s directive. But of course we won''t hear about that, unless of course the players decide to dip in for the privilige. And if not then Thrombosis could of course be used as a plausible reason for our non-show.

Can the directors promise us that they won''t be flying the team to the Ipswich and Charlton games?

Please!

My GF''s mate who works for Tescos has delivered to Otsemobor recently, so he is too lazy to even drive to Tescos!

If flying to away games produces results like todays (not forgetting Blackpool) then the players should start on Tues and walk to Scumberland.

[quote user="Largey"]My GF''s mate who works for Tescos has delivered to Otsemobor recently, so he is too lazy to even drive to Tescos![/quote]

i used to work for .com shopping at Tescos.. is that the one on Ipswich road? Who''s the person you know who works there.

jas :)