Sign in to follow this  
Herb

F****** Sky TV.

Whilst I certainly agree with the sentiment, there is a real chance that this will be advantageous for us at this stage of the season. For one thing we will know what we have to do as everyone else will have already played their penultimate games. We may go in knowing that a draw is enough, or likewise, Reading may already be promoted and have their foot off the gas anticipating a promotion party back at the Madjeski for the final game. Plus we always play better in night games.

[quote user="Herb"]B*st*rds!
As if I didn''t already have enough reasons to hate the fat tax dodging Australian crook after ruining the beautiful game in this country and flooding our television with cheap vacuous rubbish and imported US sh*te...

I have a holiday booked with the missus and kids for the end of April. It was more by luck than judgement that when I booked no games were affected. But I was delighted to find that I''d be at Carrow Road for the last home game of the season on the Saturday before heading off on the Monday morning for a week of fun, sun and silliness.

The sooner he does a Maxwell and stops polluting our culture the better. Utter cretin.
[/quote] I agree 100% Going away to Prague on the Sunday. When i booked i deliberately avoided a clash with the last game of the season!

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

Whilst I certainly agree with the sentiment, there is a real chance that this will be advantageous for us at this stage of the season. For one thing we will know what we have to do as everyone else will have already played their penultimate games. We may go in knowing that a draw is enough, or likewise, Reading may already be promoted and have their foot off the gas anticipating a promotion party back at the Madjeski for the final game. Plus we always play better in night games.

[/quote]I see what you mean, but if we go in with the mentality of playing for a point against Reading we will be absolutely destroyed against them, whether we need just a draw or not. We''ve got to get at them like Wolves, Ipswich and Cardiff at home this season and fire cannons at their goal like there''s no tommorow.

getting back from hong kong on the monday morning so happy days for me! (sorry herb!) [:)]

sorry to those that have had their plans mucked about by sky and citys change of plans...BUT... to refer back to the fatc the we supposedly have around 450,000 fans... which is four times the cities population and many times bigger than groung capacity...we have to consider the fact that, from my perspective its a good thing its on sky as i cannot afford anymore matched this season..and also that many more fans will be able to wath the game all over the world. Our last few perfermances on sky this season have been good and yielded 6 points :)

O.T.B.C

[quote user="Herb"] and imported US sh*te...

[/quote]The Wire is sh*te? Whereas we produce The Bill, Z Cars and Juliet BravoLOL

Sorry guys, but I''m delighted the game has been

moved.  I''m running the London Marathon that weekend, and will be in

London Fri, Sat, Sun and Monday morning (recovering), so I''d have

missed our final game of the season.  But now I will be back in Norwich

and I''ll be there.  Brilliant!  I too HATE Sky, but they''ve actually done me a favour this time.. Although I have written to them for sponsorship and they declined the offer!

http://www.justgiving.com/nickkershaw

Home teams in the Championship get about £150k from Sky for every live match so we''re hardly in a position to turn it down, particularly if we are still in a position where we might go down. Not ideal obviously but needs must... and the fans are never considered in these situations anyway.

I for one am extremely gutted as am based in Plymouth and whilst i have made the journey for every Sat home game will not be able to attend the final game at Carrow Road. Maybe i need to do some extreme creeping and ask for a long weekend.

COME ON YOU YELLOW''S

I suggest we all go out more often and lets not get so stressed about it. Shit happens, its life. Its not ideal but there really are biggeer things in life to worry and get upset about.

I do have sky and i do believe its the nuts. It may over charge me but i can afford it and when i''ve finished my 7th 12 hour shift in a row and i get to go home and watch a bit of football i''ve sky plussed then i couldn''t be happier. its certainly more entertaining than BBC2 often is. Yes it may have made some people miss the last game and i do have considerable sympathy for them but its few hundred thousand quid the club have made that may just have kept us in existence for another week or two. Like it''s already been said, its not really sky''s fault, the clubs can always say no..............................

I''m just off to watch sky...................

[quote user="RN Canary"]

I for one am extremely gutted as am based in Plymouth and whilst i have made the journey for every Sat home game will not be able to attend the final game at Carrow Road. Maybe i need to do some extreme creeping and ask for a long weekend.

COME ON YOU YELLOW''S

[/quote]That is quite some journey. To do that for every Saturday home game is possibly mental. Hats off to you sir.

[quote user="Herb"] The people that pay that are terminally stupid in my opinion. Do they not realise they''re having the p*ss taken out of them big time?[/quote]I''m so pleased that you can make an informed decision on my intelligence based on whether I subscribe to Sky. Clearly you are a very intelligent man [:|]I get Sky because I enjoy enough of it''s output to justify the monthly charge. That''s all that matters surely [:^)]

i have to work so will miss the bloody game! couldnt go anyway as when i get home at 8:30 i have to look after my little girl as the GF is at work all night! dam you sky!

jas :)

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I''m so pleased that you can make an informed decision on my intelligence based on whether I subscribe to Sky. Clearly you are a very intelligent man [:|][/quote]I didn''t say it was an informed decision...I said it was my opinion. I am allowed one aren''t I?[quote user="Shack Attack"]I get Sky because I enjoy enough of it''s output to justify the monthly charge. That''s all that matters surely [:^)][/quote]All that matters to you, clearly.Keep on paying 40 quid a month to be spoon fed adverts then.You do realise their advertising income alone covers their costs many times over?

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Herb"] and imported US sh*te...

[/quote]The Wire is sh*te? Whereas we produce The Bill, Z Cars and Juliet BravoLOL

[/quote]Wouldn''t know, not seen it.Are you stuck in the 80''s or something...even I''m not old enough to remember some of those.I have yet to hear of a quality home produced drama on Sky.If they can produce something to rival Cracker or Life on Mars then maybe I''ll change my opinion.As it is, they don''t. So I repeat, 90% of their output is inported US rubbish or cheap home produced tosh for room-temperature IQs.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

I''m so pleased that you can make an informed decision on my intelligence based on whether I subscribe to Sky. Clearly you are a very intelligent man [:|][/quote]

I didn''t say it was an informed decision...I said it was my opinion. I am allowed one aren''t I?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]
I get Sky because I enjoy enough of it''s output to justify the monthly charge. That''s all that matters surely [:^)]
[/quote]

All that matters to you, clearly.
Keep on paying 40 quid a month to be spoon fed adverts then.
You do realise their advertising income alone covers their costs many times over?

[/quote]

herb is indeed spot on.. your "subscription" to sky is paying for nothing... all it pays for is a huge amount of money in Rupert murdochs bank account....

how many channels on Sky have commercials? the companies pay sky a huge premium to screen these adverts, and all want the peak slots....

email skys Marketing department and ask how much an advert will cost at half time between Man utd and Chelski on sky sports 1... then ask them how much the same advert will cost at 2am on sky arts....

Im willing to bet the advert at Half time in the footy pays for that match.... when you consider theres 1--15 adverts each break from people like Ford, Guiness, Microsoft, Sony etc.. they aint exactly small fry are they?

like i said.. just what exactly are you paying for?

jas :)

Yeah as good as providing my ship is not at sea. Its a long trip and its been a sorry old season but they are my home team and always will be.Season ticket is renewed already.Plus i get to see my folks and the missus, but football first!!! The Balti "Matchday Pie" is worth the travelling ha ha.

[quote user="Herb"]B*st*rds!
As if I didn''t already have enough reasons to hate the fat tax dodging Australian crook after ruining the beautiful game in this country and flooding our television with cheap vacuous rubbish and imported US sh*te...

I have a holiday booked with the missus and kids for the end of April. It was more by luck than judgement that when I booked no games were affected. But I was delighted to find that I''d be at Carrow Road for the last home game of the season on the Saturday before heading off on the Monday morning for a week of fun, sun and silliness.

The sooner he does a Maxwell and stops polluting our culture the better. Utter cretin.
[/quote]

F*** the BBC, for taking my money on threat of court and then giving it too tw*ts like Jonathan Ross and selling the rights to live broadcast NCFC games to a third party

[quote user="Herb"]I didn''t say it was an informed decision...I said it was my opinion. I am allowed one aren''t I?[/quote]So you don''t base your opinions on informed decisions then? Maybe you just sit there and letters, words and sentences spew out of your face in a random order. Explains a lot I suppose [:P][quote user="Herb"]All that matters to you, clearly.Keep on paying 40 quid a month to be spoon fed adverts then.You do realise their advertising income alone covers their costs many times over?[/quote]What''s that Herb, a large corporation owned by a powerful and influential media mogul makes a profit? Where do I report this shocking finding? Next you''ll be telling me the price of a bag of potatoes in Tesco is more than it costs to buy it from the farmer, transport to the store and cover the costs of running their supermarket. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!111!!!1Like I said previously, I can afford the £40 a month and I enjoy enough of what that gets me to be able to justify the price. I could be like Jas and huddle round a tiny monitor with a sh*t picture in the spare room to watch Lost but I prefer to relax on a nice sofa in front of a decent TV with the missus. Oh and adverts don''t exist in my world. Start watching a programme fifteen minutes after it has started and you can skip through them all thanks to Sky+ [Y]