Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Does anyone see this as a kick up the arse or the final nail?

I''m hoping for the latter but like you say it''s quite difficult to call. So, in the absence of a crystal ball, I''ve decided that I''ll keep doing what I''ve always done: support my team. [Y]

If you read what the players were saying before the Burnley game, they were saying that dropping into the bottom 3 was the kick up the arse they needed to perform. Two games later and no wins, we can be fairly sure that today was the final nail. We lack quality. And the fact that we have such a huge wage bill is unforgiveable. A bunch of gutless talentless players, and a huge wage bill. The board has so much to answer for.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Oh well, promotion party at Brentford next season?[/quote]Reckon we''ll need a season or two to adapt to life in the third division by which time we''ll be unable to compete with the newly relegated Clubs with their Championship level budgets, we''ll start a three year plan in year four, sack the manager in year two of the three then start another three year plan and before you know it we''ll be happy to be a solvent mid table third division club. we''ll be shown Accrington Stanley and Kidderminsters books and be made to feel greatful that we''re better off than them even though our crowds of 8,000 only provide half the neccesary income needed for a competitive team but at least we''ll win the award for being the most family friendly club in the third division......It''s called lowering the bar and when it comes to it, Norwich and N. Doncaster in particular are expert at lowering the bar of expectation.

The head says final nail but you can''t help hoping for a miracle. They''ve had kicks up the arse for the last 4 years but they are so very thick skinned by now it makes no difference. No promotion parties to look forward to. This team isn''t even good enough to survive in league 1, let alone the one we will assemble from the scraps. We''ll spend several seasons down there. Next year will be about trying to survive financially and avoiding the drop to league 2 before we can start to build a squad for a promotion bid.

Well being optomistic if the players think they are down they may play with less pressure on them (although running around a pitch for  90 mins for 5k a week is a pressure i wouldnt mind) and could perform an escape from the drop!!

I will wait now for the next few days for the headlines we can all expect from the usual suspects doc/russell etc about performing against qpr and how they ow it to the fans, followed by some kind of comments from doncaster about how we are skint skint and even more skint thankyou very much.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Funnily enough, knowing Norwich we will now go on a run, starting at QPR then Blackpool, or am I on too much medication? Final straw or kick up the arse?[/quote]I can''t quite work out if this is a veiled "I told you so" or if you really believe that we still have a chance of staying up.Either way I wouldn''t say this is the final nail but I think NCFC is on route to the mortury of Championship football. The final nail is perhaps only a matter of a post mortum and process of embalming away.In otherwords there may still be a chance but it''s going to take something massive to do it and I think we lack the characters in the team to rely upon that happening.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Funnily enough, knowing Norwich we will now go on a run, starting at QPR then Blackpool, or am I on too much medication? Final straw or kick up the arse?[/quote]

I can''t quite work out if this is a veiled "I told you so" or if you really believe that we still have a chance of staying up.

Either way I wouldn''t say this is the final nail but I think NCFC is on route to the mortury of Championship football. The final nail is perhaps only a matter of a post mortum and process of embalming away.

In otherwords there may still be a chance but it''s going to take something massive to do it and I think we lack the characters in the team to rely upon that happening.
[/quote]

Its not I told you so, I can genuinely see us going and winning at QPR and Blackpool, Norwich are funny like that, ive that over the years.

final nail I''m afraid Arthur, and the Board are to blame, Prudence with ambition? This is exactly where prudence gets you in todays football world

The only slight possibility is that the team might perform better away from home as the pressure from the home crowd is less, they are not expected to win away from home - so dont be surprised if the next 2 away games bring a few points in! 1 on tuesday and 3 on saturday - thats my prediction......

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]The only slight possibility is that the team might perform better away from home as the pressure from the home crowd is less, they are not expected to win away from home - so dont be surprised if the next 2 away games bring a few points in! 1 on tuesday and 3 on saturday - thats my prediction......[/quote]The only other bright side of note is that those we need to get above to get out of relegation have at least now played the same number of games, but at the same time we are hoping that they drop points. You name the away games but the home match against Plymouth could be a real six pointer - on the other hand the final nail could have been driven in by then . . . . . .

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

YOU CANT CALL IT THE FINAL nail until its mathematically stated!

[/quote]True, so let''s reword the question.What do you think is the probability of us staying up?My guess is around 30%.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Funnily enough, knowing Norwich we will now go on a run, starting at QPR then Blackpool, or am I on too much medication? Final straw or kick up the arse?[/quote]

The only run this lot are going on is the run for the door marked "Exit" and it can''t come quickly enough for lots of them.

I''m afraid if you think they are about to start winning games you must have a straw up your nose and foot up your arse.