Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

i have it on very good authority

dursos going to report the club for the absolute dogs  abuse he received at the end of the game  as he went  down the tunnel at full time, he refused to look at gunnys laptop saying he`1ll look at the drury penalty claim on dvd in his own sweet time, hoolahan got read the riot act for his total neglect of the left hand side from the bench when we were celebrating the equaliser [:D]

Interesting Pennywise. Unfortunately Hoolahoop is already viewed as a hero by a lot of people on here but, as per my post a week or two ago, he''s a liability and as you can clearly see from the highlights this morning, he''s trotting back into shot when Clingan tries to close down the man wide right for them in the move which leads to their first goal. He (Clingan) then isn''t there to pick up the runner down the middle. Almost every attack that BC had yesterday finished with Rusty bollocking Hooly for being anywhere but where he wasn''t.

Either play him in a position where it doesn''t matter where he wanders or staple his feet to the line (look at Ronaldo and Giggs today) or he''s going to cost us more and more as teams work it out.

ive never been impressed by hoolahan thoughhe carved us up last season but thats no endorsementand the workrate he has is poori had this argument with some old guy yesterday, i was talking about crofty having a good game and he rubbished that and said hoolahan was MOTM because he put in a lot of effortnow, since when has effort won anything?and he was poor yesterday anyway!hoolahan has skill, definitely, but he hasnt impressed me yet...

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Ahhhhhhhhh so Hooly is the new whipping boy then?  Wondered who it would be, makes a change from Crofty and Doc I guess. [:|][/quote]Thing is, I think they have a bit of a point. Our defending in the first half was horrendous - I lost count of the amount of times Bristol waltzed through our midfield and fed the ball to unmarked players. Looking at their goal, and you can see how much of a problem it was - nobody seemed to know who was marking who. Drury was not at his best, but was horribly exposed for most of the match,I think Rusty was quite poor yesterday, but Hoolahan does destroy the shape of the team. Personally I think it''s difficult to play him in any other position than in the hole in a 4-4-1-1, although this does depend on the opposition of course.Then again, Huckerby caused us similar problems, and he did a decent job for us...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Ahhhhhhhhh so Hooly is the new whipping boy then?  Wondered who it would be, makes a change from Crofty and Doc I guess. [:|][/quote]

Thing is, I think they have a bit of a point. Our defending in the first half was horrendous - I lost count of the amount of times Bristol waltzed through our midfield and fed the ball to unmarked players. Looking at their goal, and you can see how much of a problem it was - nobody seemed to know who was marking who. Drury was not at his best, but was horribly exposed for most of the match,

I think Rusty was quite poor yesterday, but Hoolahan does destroy the shape of the team. Personally I think it''s difficult to play him in any other position than in the hole in a 4-4-1-1, although this does depend on the opposition of course.

Then again, Huckerby caused us similar problems, and he did a decent job for us...
[/quote]

They have a bit of a point, but other players have also been next to no good through this season, so why not name them all?  It seems on this MB, that once a month there is a whipping boy, it''s just a mere observation. [:D]

At one point Crofty was the whipping boy, also Doc, Fozzy and Marshy.  They win as a team, draw as a team and lose as a team.

I agree with you about Hucks, but there weren''t too many posts giving him hell were there?

ok i will name the lads who have disappointed medrury- doesnt close down rusty-blows hot and coldhooly- lazy *curo- missed too many sitterssemi- lazy *along with fozzy who i dont even notice sometimesbertrand who is a shadow of himself last season...

[quote user="Victor Segura"]It amazes me people think Hoolahan is lazy,yes he floats inside too much but he does track back,dare i say Huckerby was lazy![/quote]

Exactly, as I said before Hooly is the new whipping boy for this month.

Wonder who it will be next month hmmmmmm [:S]

[quote user="pennywise "]

dursos going to report the club for the absolute dogs  abuse he received at the end of the game  as he went  down the tunnel at full time, he refused to look at gunnys laptop saying he`1ll look at the drury penalty claim on dvd in his own sweet time,

[/quote]I hope he does report the Club and they have a close look at the whole game on video to see why he was given such abuse (again).  That is far more likely to let the authorities know what a useless ref D''Arso is than a few emails from irate Norwich fans.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Ahhhhhhhhh so Hooly is the new whipping boy then?  Wondered who it would be, makes a change from Crofty and Doc I guess. [:|][/quote]Thing is, I think they have a bit of a point. Our defending in the first half was horrendous - I lost count of the amount of times Bristol waltzed through our midfield and fed the ball to unmarked players. Looking at their goal, and you can see how much of a problem it was - nobody seemed to know who was marking who. Drury was not at his best, but was horribly exposed for most of the match,I think Rusty was quite poor yesterday, but Hoolahan does destroy the shape of the team. Personally I think it''s difficult to play him in any other position than in the hole in a 4-4-1-1, although this does depend on the opposition of course.Then again, Huckerby caused us similar problems, and he did a decent job for us...[/quote]I agree, having watched norwich home and away this season with only position that I think Hoolahan can be played is ''in the hole'' (4-4-1-1) where he has no significant defensive responsibilities, we may get away with playing him left midfield in a 4-4-2 formation against poorer sides in the league but better teams will exploit the space left by him on the opposition right flank when he goes walk about like Bristol did yesterday, personally I quite like his creative input he is always looking to get on the ball, he does drive you nuts when he beats 2 players and then turns back into trouble and looses posession.

dont slag Drury off at times in the first half he had three players coming at him  with no help, after holigan had done a bit of showboating then lost the ball never thinking to defend this is where there first goal came from

I don''t think Hooly is the new whipping boy but opinion is definitely divided. Huckerby, as mentioned, didn''t defend much but he had an end product whereas at the mo the new chap doesn''t. Two goals scored and at least two that have been conceded which have come directly from his area of the pitch. I''m going to try and find stats to go with the lies and damned lies.....

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Ahhhhhhhhh so Hooly is the new whipping boy then?  Wondered who it would be, makes a change from Crofty and Doc I guess. [:|][/quote]

Thing is, I think they have a bit of a point. Our defending in the first half was horrendous - I lost count of the amount of times Bristol waltzed through our midfield and fed the ball to unmarked players. Looking at their goal, and you can see how much of a problem it was - nobody seemed to know who was marking who. Drury was not at his best, but was horribly exposed for most of the match,

I think Rusty was quite poor yesterday, but Hoolahan does destroy the shape of the team. Personally I think it''s difficult to play him in any other position than in the hole in a 4-4-1-1, although this does depend on the opposition of course.

Then again, Huckerby caused us similar problems, and he did a decent job for us...
[/quote]

They have a bit of a point, but other players have also been next to no good through this season, so why not name them all?  It seems on this MB, that once a month there is a whipping boy, it''s just a mere observation. [:D]

At one point Crofty was the whipping boy, also Doc, Fozzy and Marshy.  They win as a team, draw as a team and lose as a team.

I agree with you about Hucks, but there weren''t too many posts giving him hell were there?

[/quote]

You''ve left out the biggest whipping boy of all my friend, Jamie C![:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''ve left out the biggest whipping boy of all my friend, Jamie C![:(]

[/quote]

Yes, 1 in 19 now,and you have the brass neck to say Marshall is complacent and needs to fight for his place.

[quote user="bryan baldie baldric"]ok i will name the lads who have disappointed me

drury- doesnt close down
rusty-blows hot and cold
hooly- lazy *
curo- missed too many sitters
semi- lazy *

along with fozzy who i dont even notice sometimes
bertrand who is a shadow of himself last season...

You are 100% right about about them......Hoolahan is awful

[/quote]

[quote user="MPR"]Interesting Pennywise. Unfortunately Hoolahoop is already viewed as a hero by a lot of people on here but, as per my post a week or two ago, he''s a liability and as you can clearly see from the highlights this morning, he''s trotting back into shot when Clingan tries to close down the man wide right for them in the move which leads to their first goal. He (Clingan) then isn''t there to pick up the runner down the middle. Almost every attack that BC had yesterday finished with Rusty bollocking Hooly for being anywhere but where he wasn''t. Either play him in a position where it doesn''t matter where he wanders or staple his feet to the line (look at Ronaldo and Giggs today) or he''s going to cost us more and more as teams work it out.[/quote]

Absolute rubbish! I think you should be blaming Drury for failing to stop cross after cross coming in from his side. Every decent attack from Bristol came down their right wing. Drury and Osemobor were absolute crap yesterday!

And why was Drury facing "cross after cross"? Because there was no one in front of him. Every attack went down their right wing as you rightly say- they''ve figured out there was a gaping hole and exploited it.

I''ll grant you that Semmy doesn''t seem to have the courage (or instructions?) to do much when he get 10 yards in side their half)

IMO, the game wasn''t the prettiest, Doc shouldve got sent off, Semmy was was awful, the team played well in the second half compared to the 1st, Crofty was good again (and his fall over was class bless em lol) and that was a defo penalty as i was 20feet away and the push was BLATENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The ref was wearing Bristol colours through and through and regardless of what other posters have put on here HE DESERVED THE ABUSE!!!!!!!!!!! (IMO)[;)]

[quote user="MPR"]And why was Drury facing "cross after cross"? Because there was no one in front of him. Every attack went down their right wing as you rightly say- they''ve figured out there was a gaping hole and exploited it. I''ll grant you that Semmy doesn''t seem to have the courage (or instructions?) to do much when he get 10 yards in side their half)[/quote]

Sorry but it was not about him being left outnumbered - he was being beaten by his man one on one every time and the guy was not even having to do tricks to get past him, just knock the ball past and run on to it. I actually quite like Drury and he has been better of late but yesterday he was very poor defensively and once again kept drifting inside and giving his man too much space.

[quote user="pennywise "]

dursos going to report the club for the absolute dogs  abuse he received at the end of the game  as he went  down the tunnel at full time, he refused to look at gunnys laptop saying he`1ll look at the drury penalty claim on dvd in his own sweet time, hoolahan got read the riot act for his total neglect of the left hand side from the bench when we were celebrating the equaliser [:D]

[/quote]

I''d be very surprised if Andy reports you for abuse.  "It goes with the job, I ignore it.  I give it as I see it and if fans don''t like and it goes against them, hard luck."

You have to take the rough with the smooth when it comes to Hoolahan. He looks like the only one who can open up teams. He just needs to learn when to get rid of the ball and not over do it. One minute he is great the next he is trying to go round 3 players on the edge of our own box. He frustrates people but as for people saying he''s lazy thats a load of crap. His movement off the ball was plain to see against BC. They should watch the BC game on dvd and watch how their players constantly moved off the ball. We were crap, no movement and stood 5 yards off every single one of their players.

I hope you get shot of him to a club which appreciates what he can do.  Blackpool were grateful - his first half for the Republic B team recently was awesome.

He is at the wrong club, I think.  Get shot of him: you''ll be happier and so will I and so will he. 

He destroyed you at Norwich last season.  And now you want him to sit in one position?

Great player, wrong club. [:|]

Roeder told him: "I want you to do what you want" (and then didn''t allow it).

Chin up Wes: If this lot don''t want you someone else will.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I hope you get shot of him to a club which appreciates what he can do.  Blackpool were grateful - his first half for the Republic B team recently was awesome.

He is at the wrong club, I think.  Get shot of him: you''ll be happier and so will I and so will he. 

He destroyed you at Norwich last season.  And now you want him to sit in one position?

[/quote]You''re snide comments about Wes at Norwich, something that you''ve repeated during this thread really is quite irritating.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]You''re snide comments about Wes at Norwich, something that you''ve repeated during this thread really is quite irritating.[/quote]Your* - typo

I''m really hacked off that because a couple of people were critical of Wes, it gives one or two members on this board the chance to say he is a "whipping boy" and "this lot don''t want you".  Actually you''ll find despite his inconsistencies, that a lot of Norwich fans like Wes and are right behind him.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="pennywise "]

dursos going to report the club for the absolute dogs  abuse he received at the end of the game  as he went  down the tunnel at full time, he refused to look at gunnys laptop saying he`1ll look at the drury penalty claim on dvd in his own sweet time,

[/quote]

I hope he does report the Club and they have a close look at the whole game on video to see why he was given such abuse (again).
  That is far more likely to let the authorities know what a useless ref D''Arso is than a few emails from irate Norwich fans.
[/quote]

So do I. That useless, incompetent scummer D'' Arsole deserved every word of opprobrium that descended on his empty head. He deserves to be shot!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

It''s none of your business what happens to Wes or any other City player. You should spend more time on your own club''s forums.

this wes bloke who some people are having a pop at , isn''t he the

same wes who got player of the month award just before the game started

on saturday? the same wes who scored one of the best goals seen at

carra rud for years only a few weeks ago...

we have a bad result and people are looking for scapegoats, jeez

[quote user="plan b"]this wes bloke who some people are having a pop at , isn''t he the same wes who got player of the month award just before the game started on saturday? the same wes who scored one of the best goals seen at carra rud for years only a few weeks ago...
we have a bad result and people are looking for scapegoats, jeez[/quote]

That would be the very same player.[:)]