Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Kit Design

Obviusly we''re not having a new home kit next year...but after a series of what have been ''average'' shirts, surely someone out there must have a bit of creative ability to design a new home top...I remember seeing a top this time last year which was very nice, similiar to the brazil shirt with green numbers on the back. So anyone out there fancy designing our shirt for us? give it a try.

[quote user="one 4 the future"]How many times have we said this, but we need to start by getting in a decent make even my sunday league shirts are made by NIKE,[/quote]So are most of the clothes worn by chav''s... does Nike suddenly make it high fashion for you?

[quote user="one 4 the future"]How many times have we said this, but we need to start by getting in a decent make even my sunday league shirts are made by NIKE,[/quote]

Probably because your Sunday league team doesn''t get paid to have their shirts made for them. Xara obiviously offer the best package to make our shirts...

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="one 4 the future"]How many times have we said this, but we need to start by getting in a decent make even my sunday league shirts are made by NIKE,[/quote]

So are most of the clothes worn by chav''s... does Nike suddenly make it high fashion for you?
[/quote]your obviously a bit of a co*k.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="one 4 the future"]How many times have we said this, but we need to start by getting in a decent make even my sunday league shirts are made by NIKE,[/quote]

Probably because your Sunday league team doesn''t get paid to have their shirts made for them. Xara obiviously offer the best package to make our shirts...

[/quote]For what it''s worth, I actually think the service Xara have provided NCFC has been excellent. It''s only really this seasons shirts and the ones with those horrible Superman collars that I''ve disliked. I''ve liked everything else they''ve done - especially last season''s home kit and the Lotus green away kit.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="Beds Canary"]Was it this one?

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/mwncfc/01HomeShirt.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

I do like this shirt alot.

[/quote]

Me too, apart from it looks like that skinny fit design again, when will they realise we aint stick insects and women have tits to take into account lol

Here''s me thinking we were pursuing another non-league player who''s an ex Dyno-Rod employee and an all round ''rough diamond'' striker called ''Kit Design''....''Kaka Clearer'' to his workmates....

[quote user="bristol_canary"]i''ll design them if i get commisioned to do so.
[/quote]

What? I saw your last design;

[URL=http://img34.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=Q5RI1BG4JI_strip.JPG][IMG]http://img34.imagehaven.net/img/thumbs/Q5RI1BG4JI_strip.JPG[/IMG][/URL]

Just think of it this way.  If Norwich had their new kit made by a top company like Nike, think of all the other Nike merchandise the club shop could sell bringing in thousands more money to the club. All those Nike trainers, football boots, tracksuits, t-shirts, polo shirts and back packs. If only the club would realise this too! Apart from the home and away kit, what other Xara merchandise have you brought. There''s your answer!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Just think of it this way.  If Norwich had their new kit made by a top company like Nike, think of all the other Nike merchandise the club shop could sell bringing in thousands more money to the club. All those Nike trainers, football boots, tracksuits, t-shirts, polo shirts and back packs. If only the club would realise this too! Apart from the home and away kit, what other Xara merchandise have you brought. There''s your answer![/quote]Thankyou,

Xara obviously offered the best package for the club though! They must have offered a significant amount more money than any "big name" manufacturers, otherwise i''m sure the club would have chosen them. OR, Nike just simply aren''t interested in sponsoring us!

Having said that, would love a better brand than Xara.

Also, we don''t have a say in the font etc of the lettering on the back, so it is no good designing that. All the clubs in the football league will have the same lettering, similarly when in the Prem all the clubs have their own lettering.

AWest Brom supporter told me recently that their replica shirt sales went through the roof this season with sponsorless shirts. Maybe we should try the same - let Norwich Union/Aviva or whatever plaster their name all over the stands and advertising boards around the ground but keep the shirt free from sponsorship - just a plain yellow shirt, green trim and a Norwich badge would be awesome.

A few months ago there was talk of changing City''s badge but it didn''t seem a very popular idea and the idea appears to have been quietly dropped. I''m probably in the minority but personally I''d love to see the club revert to the old style badge - ie the one worn on the 1959 and 1972 shirts. I just think it looks nicer, and it''s worth noting that at least two other clubs (Tottenham and Portsmouth) have reverted to more traditional badges on their shirts in recent years. But as I say I''ll probably get shouted down....

[quote user="Fraksi"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]i''ll design them if i get commisioned to do so.[/quote]

What? I saw your last design;

[URL=http://img34.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=Q5RI1BG4JI_strip.JPG][IMG]http://img34.imagehaven.net/img/thumbs/Q5RI1BG4JI_strip.JPG[/IMG][/URL]

[/quote]not very good at drawing are you? that shirt looks more like a blouse!

Norwich haven''t had a decent kit in years - I found my old Hummell away kit of the mid 80''s the other day, which was the best we''ve ever had IMO. Our tops are always too baggy, hence they get worn by Chavs.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Me too, apart from it looks like that skinny fit design again, when will they realise we aint stick insects and women have tits to take into account lol[/quote]Arguably my biggest complaint about any shirt tbh.Being a bigger bloke, it''s already difficult to get a shirt in the size I need anyway, but to then have to have one that only just fits but is then skintight because of the fit is beyond a joke. It''s actually prevented me from buying on occasion just because the fit is so bad for anyone who doesn''t have a pretty slim figure.And it''s not just women who have to take tits into account...

My point was more designed towards the kit the players use, not the ones that go on sale to the general public. Our players sometimes look ridiculous in our tent style kit.

Ideally, the replica kit that is sold to the public should be in two fits, slim and regular, so the larger guys don''t miss out.

[quote user="komakino"]Ideally, the replica kit that is sold to the public should be in two fits, slim and regular, so the larger guys don''t miss out.[/quote]No offence, but how the hell is ''regular'' fit designed for the larger man?Regular fit usually seems to me everyone apart from beanpoles/models, which means it really isn''t fitted to cater to a larger individual.Now a new fit type which takes into account manboobs, beer guts, double chins and chunky arms...