Sign in to follow this  
Charles

Fickle and Pathetic Fans Knocking Cureton

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Yeh right mr perfect,lets criticise cureton on the back of our best run of results this season.I will criticise my own team when i feel the need but on the back of an unbeaten run and a point away from home against the league leaders certainly isn''t the time.football is a team game and every effort should be put into keeping this run going and not scapegoating anyone.Get a life mate and get behind cureton and hope he gets his confidence back[/quote]

You may not have noticed, but Gunn is managing a football team teetering on the brink of relegation, not a rehabilitation centre. Get a brain and open your eyes.

[/quote]Get a brain,whatever sort of muppet are you,have you not noticed that we are unbeaten since cureton got recalled.You are one mighty large spanner!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don''t think anyone is criticising the team lobster catcher, but I will criticise Cureton, I don''t think I need to say anymore on the matter.

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Yeh right mr perfect,lets criticise cureton on the back of our best run of results this season.I will criticise my own team when i feel the need but on the back of an unbeaten run and a point away from home against the league leaders certainly isn''t the time.football is a team game and every effort should be put into keeping this run going and not scapegoating anyone.Get a life mate and get behind cureton and hope he gets his confidence back[/quote]

You may not have noticed, but Gunn is managing a football team teetering on the brink of relegation, not a rehabilitation centre. Get a brain and open your eyes.

[/quote]Get a brain,whatever sort of muppet are you,have you not noticed that we are unbeaten since cureton got recalled.You are one mighty large spanner!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I''m the sort of muppet who gets annoyed by children who don''t understand the game mouthing off at everyone who has the temerity to disagree with them. If you try to argue rationally and politely rather than abusing people, you might be taken seriously.

Until yesterday, I''d never really bothered running more in-depth stats

on Cureton, but now that I have I can see glaring problems which makes

his current form less unexpected.

Looking across his whole career, time after time I see seasons where a

big percentage of his goals have been scored in very few games.

98/99 - 14 of his 25 league goals were scored in just 5 games, that

season he played the equivalent of 44.37 full 90 minutes, meaning that

he scored in 16 of those 44.37 games (would be higher if just working

on apps), which leaves nearly 29 games where he didn''t score which is

65% of his games that season.

99/00 - 11 of his 22 league goals were scored in 5 games. Oddly enough,

he again played 44 full 90 mins (44.83 to be exact), and again scored

in 16 of those games. Yet again showing he did nothing from a

goalscoring perspective 65% of the time.

I''ll not bore everyone by listing everything (nor do I want to type all

the info out), but this trend is pretty consistent throughout his

career.

What this does mean is that whilst Cureton can clearly score goals, and

that if he is on form he can likely score 2 or 3 goals to win a game,

he''s unlikely to help overall in keeping the team in goals on a

consistent basis.

Compare this to current league top scorer Ebanks-Blake, who so far this

season has scored in 17 of his 29 league games, meaning that he''s

scored in 58.6% of his games. This is a huge difference compared to how

Cureton normally plays and one of the key factors in Wolves good league

position.

Unless a striker is performing a role such as Bergkamp used to, in that

they supply goals as much as, if not more than they score, then

inconsistent scoring is not good enough, and I think it''s fair to say

that Cureton is not Bergkampesque in any way...

Just my thoughts on the matter.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Get a brain,whatever sort of muppet are you,have you not noticed that we are unbeaten since cureton got recalled.You are one mighty large spanner!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I''m the sort of muppet who gets annoyed by children who don''t understand the game mouthing off at everyone who has the temerity to disagree with them. If you try to argue rationally and politely rather than abusing people, you might be taken seriously.

[/quote]Get a brain and open your eyes,thats a  rational comment is it.I suggest you listen to your own advice.Post again when you are old enough to vote!!!!

I''ve always liked Cureton for his attutude etc...but he needs to be dropped we do not have the luxury of time to nurse him through yet another confidence crisis, especially when we have just brought other option into the club. I thought the presence of Roeder was the controlling factor in his slump in front of goal....but he''s been recalled, started, scores a goal and yet still his confidence is so brittle that he''s back to wasting easy chances on a regular basis, as he has for much of the last 2 seasons. Given his age I''m not sure he''ll ever return to be good enough for the Championship...Gow and Cody should be given a chance.

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Get a brain and open your eyes,thats a  rational comment is it.I suggest you listen to your own advice.Post again when you are old enough to vote!!!![/quote]Oh my you are a fool. Stop wasting my bandwidth.

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]Can''t quite believe how many anti Cureton posts and threads again tonight. Two weeks ago he was cheered by all and sundry after his goal against Barnsley and because he misses a chance tonight its back to slating him. Yes he misses his fair share of chances but who doesn''t? In case everyone has forgotten we just got a point at the league leaders and are unbeaten in four...time to be a little bit positive for a change perhaps???!!![/quote]Not sure if you realise this but the goal against Barnsley was his only goal for us this season. He is a striker. He has started 18 or so games. Are you saying that is an acceptable return for a striker? I love Curo but he is simply not good enough - yes we got a great result against the league leaders, but it was despite Cureton - not because of him. If someone of Lupoli''s calibre had been given the chances Curo missed last night, we would have recorded our second ever win at Molineux. He has cost us 4 points in the last week - enough is enough. I am very positive and pleased with the way the team are heading, that is the point, Curo is not pushing in the same direction because he is not doing his job, which is scoring goals and he has had ample chance to do so - I honestly think that given the chances Curo has had this season and missed, I would have scored at least 6 of them.

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Get a brain and open your eyes,thats a  rational comment is it.I suggest you listen to your own advice.Post again when you are old enough to vote!!!![/quote]

It was actually intended as an ironic riposte to your "get a lie mate", but you''re right, I let you drag me down to your level.

Oh, and in response to your closing witticism I''m a 52 year old grandfather. Still, you probably thought it was funny.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Get a life, even![/quote]

On that subject are you coming out to play later?[;)]

Hows the grandchild YOUNG sir?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="gcb...norwich"]Can''t quite believe how many anti Cureton posts and threads again tonight. Two weeks ago he was cheered by all and sundry after his goal against Barnsley and because he misses a chance tonight its back to slating him. Yes he misses his fair share of chances but who doesn''t? In case everyone has forgotten we just got a point at the league leaders and are unbeaten in four...time to be a little bit positive for a change perhaps???!!![/quote]Not sure if you realise this but the goal against Barnsley was his only goal for us this season. He is a striker. He has started 18 or so games. Are you saying that is an acceptable return for a striker? I love Curo but he is simply not good enough - yes we got a great result against the league leaders, but it was despite Cureton - not because of him. If someone of Lupoli''s calibre had been given the chances Curo missed last night, we would have recorded our second ever win at Molineux. He has cost us 4 points in the last week - enough is enough. I am very positive and pleased with the way the team are heading, that is the point, Curo is not pushing in the same direction because he is not doing his job, which is scoring goals and he has had ample chance to do so - I honestly think that given the chances Curo has had this season and missed, I would have scored at least 6 of them.[/quote]That goal against Barnsley was actually the first JC has scored for us since the Colchester hat-trick back in March 2008, that''s about 1300 minutes of football played by Jamie for Norwich to return one goal.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Until yesterday, I''d never really bothered running more in-depth stats on Cureton, but now that I have I can see glaring problems which makes his current form less unexpected.

Looking across his whole career, time after time I see seasons where a big percentage of his goals have been scored in very few games.

98/99 - 14 of his 25 league goals were scored in just 5 games, that season he played the equivalent of 44.37 full 90 minutes, meaning that he scored in 16 of those 44.37 games (would be higher if just working on apps), which leaves nearly 29 games where he didn''t score which is 65% of his games that season.

99/00 - 11 of his 22 league goals were scored in 5 games. Oddly enough, he again played 44 full 90 mins (44.83 to be exact), and again scored in 16 of those games. Yet again showing he did nothing from a goalscoring perspective 65% of the time.

I''ll not bore everyone by listing everything (nor do I want to type all the info out), but this trend is pretty consistent throughout his career.

What this does mean is that whilst Cureton can clearly score goals, and that if he is on form he can likely score 2 or 3 goals to win a game, he''s unlikely to help overall in keeping the team in goals on a consistent basis.

Compare this to current league top scorer Ebanks-Blake, who so far this season has scored in 17 of his 29 league games, meaning that he''s scored in 58.6% of his games. This is a huge difference compared to how Cureton normally plays and one of the key factors in Wolves good league position.

Unless a striker is performing a role such as Bergkamp used to, in that they supply goals as much as, if not more than they score, then inconsistent scoring is not good enough, and I think it''s fair to say that Cureton is not Bergkampesque in any way...

Just my thoughts on the matter.
[/quote]

this is spot on

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Once I''ve finished my homework, but Mum says that I''ve got to wear my suit of armour so as not to infringe health and safety regulations.

The little lad''s great, putting on weight and smiling already. I trust that your granddaughter is doing well?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Once I''ve finished my homework, but Mum says that I''ve got to wear my suit of armour so as not to infringe health and safety regulations.

The little lad''s great, putting on weight and smiling already. I trust that your granddaughter is doing well?

[/quote]

Yes growing fast and started teething.

I have to do my homework later, trouble is it''s the other grandchildrens and I can''t let the grades slip!!

We  could try catching some gillies from Wells harbour later[;)]

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]Can''t quite believe how many anti Cureton posts and threads again tonight. Two weeks ago he was cheered by all and sundry after his goal against Barnsley and because he misses a chance tonight its back to slating him. Yes he misses his fair share of chances but who doesn''t? In case everyone has forgotten we just got a point at the league leaders and are unbeaten in four...time to be a little bit positive for a change perhaps???!!![/quote]

He misses 95% of his chances and if were going to stay up then we need to finish the chances that we get espechially away from home. He has had a good run and its time for him to make way for the younger players like cody and killen

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]Can''t quite believe how many anti Cureton posts and threads again tonight. Two weeks ago he was cheered by all and sundry after his goal against Barnsley and because he misses a chance tonight its back to slating him. Yes he misses his fair share of chances but who doesn''t? In case everyone has forgotten we just got a point at the league leaders and are unbeaten in four...time to be a little bit positive for a change perhaps???!!![/quote]

He misses 95% of his chances and if were going to stay up then we need to finish the chances that we get espechially away from home. He has had a good run and its time for him to make way for the younger players like cody and killen

I do like Cureton for his desire to do well for this club...... but desire alone doesn''t get you goals.

All I ever here is "hes not confident" but we are not in a situation where we can wait for him. Cureton is sposed to be known as a goalscorer but if he doesn''t have confidence in his goal scoring ability then how the **** am i sposed to? IMO despite some good performances he has never been consistent and from what Iv seen theres not much evidence that if he scores on Saturday he''l start banging them in. 

It''s only fickle if we''ve changed our minds.I and many others have been pointing out his barn door/banjo tendencies since April last year.His job is to score goals.  He has scored one goal for Norwich City since March 2008.  When he''s not scoring, he creates nothing and adds nothing.We are in a relegation battle again, and can''t afford passengers.

The bottom line about Jamie Cureton is -

He has had chances this season to impress and has been picked ahead of a much better player Lupoli!

Curetons a great guy who loves the club but end of the day he hasn''t been good enough and has cost us points!

Cureton has to start producing soon or he never will again for Norwich!

I''d put him on the bench for Saturday!