Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Doncaster v Norwich match thread

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Romantic"]Oh man! Can anyone explain the tactical rationale for subbing Hollahop?[/quote]

It was a mistake on Tuesday and I think another mistake. Hoolihan can cause a lot more problems than Pattison and also keeps possession better.

[/quote]Rubbish, Hoolahan is a bit of a luxury in away games, and Gunn clearly wants to turn it into a battle, therefore Pattison is the more sensible player to have on the pitch.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="shyster"]Thank f*ck for that! Now Lupoli on for Cureton and Pattison on for Fotheringham and all out for the three points.[/quote]

Er, no - Pattison is on for Hoolahan.  At least you got it part right!

[/quote]

I was suggesting those substitutions ya silly sod.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Romantic"]Oh man! Can anyone explain the tactical rationale for subbing Hollahop?[/quote]

It was a mistake on Tuesday and I think another mistake. Hoolihan can cause a lot more problems than Pattison and also keeps possession better.

[/quote]

Rubbish, Hoolahan is a bit of a luxury in away games, and Gunn clearly wants to turn it into a battle, therefore Pattison is the more sensible player to have on the pitch.
[/quote]

Well, I certainly saw Hoolihan have a great game on Tuesday and Pattison was pants IMO.   

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Yes, but it''s all about the right player for the right situation.
[/quote]

I agree, but since the changes we have been under unrelenting pressure.  

I love it when someone uses the criticism of "pants".  I have no idea what its origin is or why pants are bad, but it is a very amusing term nobody here ever uses.  I''m probably pants for bringing it up.

[quote user="Jonesy"]Against Saints Hoolahan was awesome first half but pants 2nd half. In the 2nd half he kept passing to the opposition![/quote]

I disagree. Some of his passes did go astray but the majority were good and his dribbling was good.  I had a really good view from the Aviva Community Stand and when Hoolihan was taken off for Pattison we created much less and looked like creating much less.