Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Gunn's amazing transfers... New Heroes???

What a flippin joke yet again!!!

2 x Div 1/Lower Championship/Dodgy Jocko players... and one who wasn''t even exactly over rated by Roeder...

Yet still we have a bunch of nerds getting excited about our new set of heroes (who will be here for 6 months and fail)... [:$]

Is that the best you can come up with RON???

You know that it is true don''t you?

We are gradually downsizing and making ready for Div 1.... [:$]

The frustration is Smudge, not only are the signings mediocre at best, the fans except it willingly and even convince themselves we are really getting some good players in. not only are they not up to standard they are on blxxdy loan, how many loan players have we now, i have lost count. This board continues to take the pxss and more amazingly get away with it, Roeder gone Gunn in charge we are all happy clappy again, the dream team smoke screen is just what Delia hoped it would be.

Smudger, we are skint and in desperate need of fresh faces, we were never gonna pay money for big signings,those days have long gone,why can''t we just wait and see how things go in the next few games, you can''t judge any player untill you''ve seen them play in the Yellow and Green, sometimes i worry for your health mate because all your negative thoughts and anger can''t be healthy. I hate the fact that we are in such a pi** poor financial state that we can only just about afford loans but thats the situation and we have to live with it, as much as it annoys us!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Smudger, we are skint and in desperate need of fresh faces, we were never gonna pay money for big signings,those days have long gone,why can''t we just wait and see how things go in the next few games, you can''t judge any player untill you''ve seen them play in the Yellow and Green, sometimes i worry for your health mate because all your negative thoughts and anger can''t be healthy. I hate the fact that we are in such a pi** poor financial state that we can only just about afford loans but thats the situation and we have to live with it, as much as it annoys us!![/quote]

Can''t you Phat?

Decent managers can, why can''t those that Delia employs?

How many players have I been wrong about over the last few years?

With what we have brought in so far this transfer window I am seriously worried.

Smudger, what galls me about this particular post of yours is that you haven''t even given these guys a chance to become ''new heroes'', and that you maintain your oddly arrogant certainity that we will fail. Also your comment vis a vis Roeder is redundant as he is not here now is he- he got things wrong- give Gunn the chance he deserves. He maybe a pawn of the board in your eyes but he doesn''t want us to fail and I, at least, have faith that he will give his all to keep the club up. Also its better in some ways that they are here on loan as it means that should they fail, we haven''t got them for another two or three years. This maybe putting a positive spin on things Smudger, but quite frankly I am not devoid positivity unlike some people on this m/b.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Smudger, we are skint and in desperate need of fresh faces, we were never gonna pay money for big signings,those days have long gone,why can''t we just wait and see how things go in the next few games, you can''t judge any player untill you''ve seen them play in the Yellow and Green, sometimes i worry for your health mate because all your negative thoughts and anger can''t be healthy. I hate the fact that we are in such a pi** poor financial state that we can only just about afford loans but thats the situation and we have to live with it, as much as it annoys us!![/quote]

Can''t you Phat?

With what we have brought in so far this transfer window I am seriously worried.

[/quote]

I know we''ve been through this year after year and this season is fast becoming a pathetic shambles but i just have a feeling Killen could just work out, and Gow isn''t that bad of a player, every time i''ve seen highlights of him he''s looked half tidy,as i say i''ll give any new face a chance to prove they are good enough to be here but in all honesty i can see why your so down on them but i''ve just got fed up with feeling so negative about my club and will give them a go,i have no other choice though do i!!?

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Can''t you Phat?

[/quote]

I know we''ve been through this year after year and this season is fast becoming a pathetic shambles but i just have a feeling Killen could just work out, and Gow isn''t that bad of a player, every time i''ve seen highlights of him he''s looked half tidy,as i say i''ll give any new face a chance to prove they are good enough to be here but in all honesty i can see why your so down on them but i''ve just got fed up with feeling so negative about my club and will give them a go,i have no other choice though do i!!?

[/quote]

Pathetic... two injury prone players who are lower Championship at best.

Rickie Lambert should of been the striker we went for (Chris Porter we should of signed under Grant)... both players who could of been bought even with the pittance we have spent in recent seasons.

Why should an Oz and a NZ International player be "lower Championship at best"? What basis do has Smudger for that ascertion? Let us welcome the lads and let them know we are pleased they have joined us and remember that Huckerby and Crouch both came to us as loan players! I am pleased these Internationals have come to Norwich and that is for sure.I certainly object to being called one of a "bunch of nerds".

Its high time Smudger was banned from this Board for his offensive language.

Shut up binner, you''re obviously too negative to be a true fan so sit down shut up, put a smile on your face, say nothing and give every signing a chance, you can only criticise in hindsight when it''s failed. [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Can''t you Phat?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pathetic... two injury prone players who are lower Championship at best.

Rickie Lambert should of been the striker we went for (Chris Porter we should of signed under Grant)... both players who could of been bought even with the pittance we have spent in recent seasons.

[/quote]

what makes them different to Killen and Gow?

neither played higher than League 1 in England whereas Gow impressed at this level with Blackpool and Porter''s record at Motherwell is no better than Killen''s at Hibs. You could be proven right of course but i don''t see too many reasons as to how they would have been better acquisitions

[quote user="Bobert"]Why should an Oz and a NZ International player be "lower Championship at best"? What basis do has Smudger for that ascertion?[/quote]No basis at all, other than perhaps insanity.We''ve got 1 full international from a club currently 5th in the CCC - a player described by fans as "not liked by Blackwell because he actually plays football instead of kick and run...". We''ve now also got another full international from current SPL leaders Celtic in Chris Killen.Smudger also feels that Chris Porter is a better acquisition that Killen, despite that fact that Killen only scored 2 less goals in 25 games than Porter did in 42...also despite the fact that Killen has a better goal to game ratio then Porter over his career so far, and that Killen was signed by the top team in the SPL, and that Killen has also scored 15 in 26 games at international level for New Zealand...Chances are that we''ll also get in Gow, a player who despite

playing for a team only 6 points ahead of us, managed to score 5 goals

in the equivalent of just under 11 games (based on minutes on the

pitch). The same Gow who just nearly signed for top of the table Wolves

(not a lower championship side).Still, let''s not let facts get in the way of hatred here shall we?Indy.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Bobert"]Why should an Oz and a NZ International player be "lower Championship at best"? What basis do has Smudger for that ascertion?[/quote]No basis at all, other than perhaps insanity.

We''ve got 1 full international from a club currently 5th in the CCC - a player described by fans as "not liked by Blackwell because he actually plays football instead of kick and run...".

We''ve now also got another full international from current SPL leaders Celtic in Chris Killen.

Smudger also feels that Chris Porter is a better acquisition that Killen, despite that fact that Killen only scored 2 less goals in 25 games than Porter did in 42...also despite the fact that Killen has a better goal to game ratio then Porter over his career so far, and that Killen was signed by the top team in the SPL, and that Killen has also scored 15 in 26 games at international level for New Zealand...

Chances are that we''ll also get in Gow, a player who despite playing for a team only 6 points ahead of us, managed to score 5 goals in the equivalent of just under 11 games (based on minutes on the pitch). The same Gow who just nearly signed for top of the table Wolves (not a lower championship side).

Still, let''s not let facts get in the way of hatred here shall we?

Indy.
[/quote]

good post, the signings don''t excite me but they do look good solid players who will keep us up,  who knows when we do stay up and if they do impress we will actually sign them permanently. On the other hand there is a chance Smudger could be right and they may not impress us but they''re "sodding loans" and we don''t have to keep them

Dear Readers,

Fair play to Smudger "the fount of all footballing knowledge."

Can Smudger really see so clearly through the murky world of Doomcasters illusions and Delia''s Sauce-ry (excuse the pun)?  Does he have divine powers of supernatural observation?  Is he Doris Stokes reincarnated?

He knows a good player when he sees one, which is particularly impressive considering he hardly visits the ground these days.  I wonder if he has a Crystal Ball...

I''d bet on it, for I am certainly convinced in the soothsaying proclamations espoused by the aforementioned "fount of all footballing knowledge", in much the same way that I am taken in by all wizadry, no matter how unrealistic.  For the wise assumption that we will be relegated is particularly prophetic, as I seem to recall this catstraphe foretold by Smudger the Divine for most of last season, and I sincerely expect to see it recycled every year until he is right.  Where upon, the continual gloating of Mr I told you so will really cheer everyone up!

Yours sincerely,

Mr I. State-the-Bleedin''Obvious

PS.  Theres no point to this post.

Smudgers posts and opinions are about as useful as an inflatable dartboard, i dont know why anyone bothers replying.

Yes the signings could go either way, but they arent bad players, just not as spectacular as some unrealistic fans want.

We are skint, they are trying to sell up, untill then, we stay skint!

[quote user="Smudger"]

What a flippin joke yet again!!!

2 x Div 1/Lower Championship/Dodgy Jocko players... and one who wasn''t even exactly over rated by Roeder...

Yet still we have a bunch of nerds getting excited about our new set of heroes (who will be here for 6 months and fail)... [:$]

[/quote]

With your superior knowledge of all things football, including playing, managing and owning I am amazed that you havent stepped in to Delias shoes. Infact I am amazed you havent stepped in to everyones shoes and are not running NCFC single handed. I am sure that if you did investment would be forthcoming because everyone would see that you would never put a foot wrong.

Well said DTN!!!!!

Why do so many get sucked in to answering him????

He''s a BINNER for crying out loud!

Why is anyone surprised?    Gun was Roeders head of player recruitment so the strategy was unlikely to change was it?   Nor were the names of players being looked at.

Plus ca change.

While I don''t agree with Smudger being Chief Scout or whatever, he is right that the quality of the players we buy is a long way away from the players we brought in through the 80''s, 90''s and early 00''s. We used to buy players that other clubs wanted too, highly rated youngsters, excellent players at rival and higher clubs etc. Now everyone we buy is a speculative purchase. But that''s where we are and we have to accept it, there''s no coincidence that the majority of the clubs down with Norwich have been in the Prem a few years back and now have no money, or are clubs that have already fallen further than us and are trying to start again, like Notts Forest or never had any money like Barnsley.On the last 442 Rich List, Emile Heskey had about as much money as Delia and Michael and that was before the Villa move. The richer clubs like Sheff Utd and QPR are going to keep in the fight, clubs like us have to speculate with players and hope we get lucky or clever or both, like Burnley and Preston this year, but it''s a fact that the players we are buying and loaning aren''t that great, and in truth that those Roeder secured have probably been better. 

[quote user="shortfatb"]While I don''t agree with Smudger being Chief Scout or whatever, he is right that the quality of the players we buy is a long way away from the players we brought in through the 80''s, 90''s and early 00''s. We used to buy players that other clubs wanted too, highly rated youngsters, excellent players at rival and higher clubs etc. Now everyone we buy is a speculative purchase. But that''s where we are and we have to accept it, there''s no coincidence that the majority of the clubs down with Norwich have been in the Prem a few years back and now have no money, or are clubs that have already fallen further than us and are trying to start again, like Notts Forest or never had any money like Barnsley.

On the last 442 Rich List, Emile Heskey had about as much money as Delia and Michael and that was before the Villa move. The richer clubs like Sheff Utd and QPR are going to keep in the fight, clubs like us have to speculate with players and hope we get lucky or clever or both, like Burnley and Preston this year, but it''s a fact that the players we are buying and loaning aren''t that great, and in truth that those Roeder secured have probably been better.

[/quote]

Absolute claptrap.

why should it bother you smudger ?  you don`t go much  and on the rare occasions you do by your own admission you sit there like all the happy clappy fools you so despise , despite  all the noise you make on here [:D]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]While I don''t agree with Smudger being Chief Scout or whatever, he is right that the quality of the players we buy is a long way away from the players we brought in through the 80''s, 90''s and early 00''s. We used to buy players that other clubs wanted too, highly rated youngsters, excellent players at rival and higher clubs etc. Now everyone we buy is a speculative purchase. But that''s where we are and we have to accept it, there''s no coincidence that the majority of the clubs down with Norwich have been in the Prem a few years back and now have no money, or are clubs that have already fallen further than us and are trying to start again, like Notts Forest or never had any money like Barnsley.On the last 442 Rich List, Emile Heskey had about as much money as Delia and Michael and that was before the Villa move. The richer clubs like Sheff Utd and QPR are going to keep in the fight, clubs like us have to speculate with players and hope we get lucky or clever or both, like Burnley and Preston this year, but it''s a fact that the players we are buying and loaning aren''t that great, and in truth that those Roeder secured have probably been better. [/quote]

Absolute claptrap.

[/quote]I hope you''re right, but all 3 so far have injury doubts, Cody''s non league and we still have no CB. Roeder brought in Taylor, Ched, Bertrand, Lita, Camara. 

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Bobert"]Why should an Oz and a NZ International player be "lower Championship at best"? What basis do has Smudger for that ascertion?[/quote]No basis at all, other than perhaps insanity.

We''ve got 1 full international from a club currently 5th in the CCC - a player described by fans as "not liked by Blackwell because he actually plays football instead of kick and run...".

We''ve now also got another full international from current SPL leaders Celtic in Chris Killen.

Smudger also feels that Chris Porter is a better acquisition that Killen, despite that fact that Killen only scored 2 less goals in 25 games than Porter did in 42...also despite the fact that Killen has a better goal to game ratio then Porter over his career so far, and that Killen was signed by the top team in the SPL, and that Killen has also scored 15 in 26 games at international level for New Zealand...

Chances are that we''ll also get in Gow, a player who despite playing for a team only 6 points ahead of us, managed to score 5 goals in the equivalent of just under 11 games (based on minutes on the pitch). The same Gow who just nearly signed for top of the table Wolves (not a lower championship side).

Still, let''s not let facts get in the way of hatred here shall we?

Indy.
[/quote]

You use the word ''Hatred'' but surely his opinion have been proved right? Its time we all faced some home truths.