Sign in to follow this  

Surely our next signing will be to fill the number nine shirt...but who will it be?

Only Worthy knows and I bet he''ll suprise us again I''m sure

Yep, Scowcroft. Hmmmmm.

After Leicester have just splashed out on Connolly, you would think Scowcroft would be a likley target. Leicester are by no means flush and if we stumped up 7 fugures, or even high 6 rising later, I would have thought we''d get him

DDiM - are you suggesting that we should sign him? Talk about going from the sublime (Helveg) to the riddikulus; Scowcroft aint worth the £750k we have allegedly already offered let alone increasing the offer to 7 figures.

I value your judgement but wonder if you have had 1 too many drinks or have been out in the sun too long!

His strike rate is poor and his clubs have a habit of getting relegated - and moe importantly his is not any better than the players already at the club. We should keep well clear

OTBC

IMO he is not worth 750k and I wouldn''t want him anyway, I would rather an out and out target man to give us another option

Spot on Zipper. Although I''d even be unhappy if we got Scowcroft for free, let alone paying almost a million for him?! The guy is just so average and won''t add anything to the team.

although as always I''d be happy to be proven wrong. Who knows, in a year this message maybe pulled back to page one where everybody will make fun of us when Scowcroft bangs in 20 goals.

First match starting line-up against Palace:

------------------Green---------------------

--Edworthy----Fleming----Charlton----Drury----

--Helveg-----Francis-----Holt-----Bentley------

-------------New #9?-------Huckerby--------

Bench:
Gallagher
McKenzie
Safri
Mackay
Svensson

Sorry if you disagree Zipper but I would quite like us to get Scowcroft. He''s certainly not a donkey. Been playing at the highest level for several years. Socres goals, good target man. I''d like him! ;-)

No problem DDiM - we will just have to agree to disagree; I just have the comfort of knowing Iam right :-) !!

Mind you humble pie appears to be my speciality this week - more than happy to eat again if he signs and proves to be a star come April!

OTBC

I wouldn''t do that. This is what I think will be the line-up for the palace match;

---------------------Green-------------------------
Helveg-------Charlton--------Fleming----------Drury

Bentley------Francis----------Holt-------------Brennan

---------------Huckerby---------McKenzie/?No9

I think this is the best one: ;-)

-------------------Green------------------
----------Primus--Fleming--Drury----------
Helveg-----------------------------Brennan
---------------Holt---Francis--------------
-------------Huckerby/Bentley-------------
--------Svensson--Huckerby/Bentley-------

Strong at the back and we have midfielders and wing-backs that are capable of forming a solid wall infront of the defence.

Also some creativity in the middle that can be used to make space for Huckerby and Bentley''s flair.

I think we could play with Bentley and Huckerby playing off Svensson with him as the shield, or we could have one of the pair alongside and another floating between the midfield and attackers.

Seems to be a good combination of attack and defence.

Any views?

Why have you put primus down with haven''t got him yet and properly won''t eva harry redknapp wants him to stay and so does milan i heard with offered him double the amount he earns in a week , but if milan wants him i recone he will give him the same he deserves it and also milan is a millionare so how will 5k matter to him, i want him to come but i can''t see it happening.

My view is this -

Svensson arrived with a poor goal-record and a harldy illustrious past, but has proved us wrong and fits perfectly into Worthy''s hard-work environment.

I feel a lot of people are writing Scowcroft off in exactly the same way as they did with Svennson. IMHO Scowcroft ain''t a bad player at all - good with the ball at his feet, difficult to tackle, works very hard and has a keen eye for a good pass - and he will give SuperMat a run for his money.

With Hucks and McKenzie alongside either of the aforementioned I think we''ll make a fair few chances. I don''t think we''ll necessarily be looking for an out and out goalscorer to play Number 9.

Here''s a wild thought.

Given all the shenanigans going on over a transfer to Everton of Cardiff''s Earnshaw, would that be a big surprise to folks if Earnshaw came into Carrow Road as the new number 9. A welshman for a welshman in the #9 shirt?

Fantasy perhaps?

What shenanigans over Earnshaw to Everton? I can find no mention anywhere about Everton being in for Earnshaw, in fact they are about to use up what''s left of their transfer kitty on Marc Van Bommel by the looks of it - with their financial position, there is no way they can afford the £2m for Cahill, anywhere between £2.5 and 4m for Van Bommel and then whatever Cardiff would want for Earnshaw.........wherever you have heard this rumour, there is no truth in it! And I can''t see Worthy opting for another small pacy striker, especially at the price Cardiff would want.

No. Non-starter.

this no no.9 thing seems to be dragging on a bit no? do u think we missed out on someone? or are we waiting until the other team has signed someone before they let them go? could be sutton. celtic are linked with so many strikers at the mo. as are charlton. let´s get a big name in to gee up the excitement.

Earnshaw would be a cracking buy...unfortunately the likely 3mil price tag is likely to put us off!!

Mr. Sausage, "get a big name in to gee everyone up". Coz like, we haven''t signed a big name for what, 4 days now?

Let Worthy weave his magic.

mr ama - respect to u ´cos u r a god on here and i, a mere humble spanish peasant (a bloody hot humble spanish peasant at the mo!). i was just thinking that a sutton type signing would put the icing on the cake to the pre-season stuff and make the city really buzz with excitement that´s all.

I still do not believe there is anything in any of the Sutton talk but the fact they are being linked with so many strikers is certainly intriguing, particularly the fact they are after Shearer!

The more i think about it ...... the more convinced i am that the God that is Chris Sutton will return home. I reckon he would love to have a final crack at the prem...just to prove all those doubters of his ability to be an England forward wrong. There is alot of unrest at Celtic at the moment and City''s chances of staying up are unknown. There may never be a better time for a swansong.

I see that Celtic are rumoured to be offering £3m for Shearer - that seems a lot for a player who has said that this will be his last season - surely Toon cant turn that down? Given the Shearer/Sutton relationship I am sure they couldnt both stay at Celtic,if their interest is real. I am sure other clubs would be attracted to Chris tho.

Sutton is an all time hero of mine - it still amazes me that he did not get on the plane to Euro 2004 - but my motto is always never go back, it never works out that well - look at Fleck and Walker as recent examples. So who else can we sign?

One key thing is I do think we need some experience of top flight football - apart from Hux our forward line has not regularly played against prem class defenders - yes sven and Leon have made appearances but not as regulars. On that basis I think that the timing is not quite right for my prefered talent of Dean Ashton.

As an alternative I thought Charisteas of Greece looked a very good player - worked hard for the side with pace and strength, played in the Bundesliga and internationally, yet is lanquishing in the reserves at Werder Bremen. At 24 he has ability for the future. Has anyone heard of clubs being interested in him? High profile I know but if he hasnt attracted any interest yet perhaps he is one to look at?

OTBC