Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Kitty Concern!!!

[quote user="SJkitty"]

All records have been submitted to Companies house, and everything is upto date. I can ensure you that everything is above board and legal...

The club would not allow the kitty to exist if it wasn''t 100% legal..

[/quote]

And what exactly could Norwich City FC do with regard to making the Kitty cease to exist? Nobody from NCFC is either a director or committee member unless you are going to tell me different Steve.No thought not.

The Norwich City Kitty - I can''t believe anyone takes it seriously... I thought it was just a bunch of saddo''s making up stuff to make them sound important, from behind their keyboards...

Haven''t they raised, like, a couple of quid - you £18.49 or something... joking aside - wasn''t it only £100? At least it was some joke amount of about that if they''d actually gone out to work for the amount of hours spent talking about it, they''d have actually earnt 100x more...?

Steve, your business website advertsied in your profile says you''re available 9am - 9pm for enquiries so I''m guessing you''re online quite regularly so please take time to answer all the concerns which have been raised over the weekend.

We''re not prepared to let this lie dormant for the next 9 months as your kitty project has done, its fan''s money at stake here.

Looks fairly straightforward to me :
  • This positive bloke, or whatever he calls himself today, isn''t involved, and could be a borderline nutter, or more probably thinks he''s cleverer than he is.
  • This Steve bloke set up the website, had a go at getting people interested, but as a result of people not being arsed, couldn''t be arsed, and now prefers making money to trading insults on a message board.  As the majority of supporter "names" spend most of their time doing the latter apparently, the NCISA / kitty gap seems unbridgeable, it''s unlikely that anyone from the supporter base will come forward to take this on as Steve would like.
  • The money, I guess, is sitting in the bank just in case anyone can be bothered to get enough interest together to make it viable.  I suspect that the only people who could do get that kind of publicity are NCFC board members, and if they wanted to do this, they''d want control of the money.
If I were Steve, I would donate whatever is in the bank to FONCY, wind up the website, and get a picture of myself on page 14 of the EDP looking cheesy with a big cheque.  That way no further collateral damage is done to my reputation in the local area.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Seems like this would be a nice little morsel for one of Archant''s junior reporters to get their teeth into?[/quote]

Thats actually not a bad shout

[quote user="SJkitty"]

Yes very busy.

So is slagging Delia your perfect plan then IBA...  

It got us league1 football this season, but hey we are top of the league...

Someone said on here ages ago how the expectations had been lowered at this club.

[/quote]

See it went over your head then..... :)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I have stayed off this thread to avoid being classed as negative towards the Kitty but i have to say the response from Steve Jacobs  has posed far more questions than it has answers.City Angel,Tangy and norfolkbroadslim have raised some extremely revelant questions that quite honestly MUST be answered if The Kitty is to regain any credibility and have a future.

Kathy and i met Steve Jacobs some eighteen months ago and in all honesty he was not the slightest bit interested in how we suggested the way forward was with regard to embracing other supporters groups.Putting it bluntly it was his way or no way and what he did not know about running and building websites was not worth knowing.Smoke and mirrors have surrounded this whole project from day one and the secrecy surrounding the directors,officers and Committee  members have done it no favours at all.

As of this morning the website has been untouched for six months,a director of the registered company resigned a couple of months ago,a new Chairman and Committee members are required according to Steve''s post but apparently it is still very much alive and kicking.

Steve can i also point out that groups such as Shareholders Association,Capital Canaries,Northern Canaries,NCISA and the Trust are also run by fans in their spare time the vast majority of whom have day jobs.These groups if you recall were the ones Kathy and i suggested you embrace some eighteen months ago but that meeting is yet to take place.As your friend Conker told me only last august"please be patient Mr Tilson a lot of work is going on behind the scenes".A somewhat different picture to what you are now painting if i may say.

I will finish with a few questions

Has Jane Knott been replaced as a director?

Are you actively seeking a new Chairman as you indicated in your post?.

Have you actually met David McNally or Alan Bowkett face to face?

Have you a date to meet the fans?

[/quote]

Yes we met Mcnally face to face and the meeting went really well thankyou and the fact that this has raised funds without support from fans (who obviously listen to you) shows what i said is right.

You have met me Mr Tilson and i remember our last meeting I was saying that what the kitty needed was an active committee therefore whoever wanted to get involved and run what i had in store, could do so with my support.

I remember quite plainly that i said if NCISA wanted to get involved i had no problem with that and i asked you to think about the idea, as for not embracing other supporters groups is a damn right lie... I''m sure you should consider those who where present at our conversation.  I have said on here numerous time in here to that effect also...

The truth about this club is that it is people like you who have looked at out for their own ego''s is why we found ourselves in the 3rd league of football.

I suggest that you retract your lie..

You have attacked the idea from the outset, it was your personal attack, i have sat back and let you do it but enough is enough and I could accept your opinion but i cannot accept your LIES.

Unlike NISCA we are not run by OLD BOY has beens, retirees and people on pensions.. We are active business people who actually have ideas... Support however goes where it is safe but guess what, the kitty has been alive for 2 years now and whilst i have a breath in my body it will be alive, how successful it is is down to the fans.

As you know I am not easily rattled John but damn right lies have not won you any favours from this camp.

Hang on i hope the shareholders association contacts me at least if those involved agree, that would be another £3k worth of shares they own hey..... Maybe then the supporters will have a proper association to be part of instead of following a pathetic prat like you...

Now you''re here Steve could you reply to the questions in my last long post please.and also the one from TFA and Norfolkbroadslim as to  why is Companies House still showing (tonight) that the Kitty''s  Return is still overdue?

Hi City Angel,

I do not have control over companies hous but i can assure you that everything is complete. Everthing was submitted in January when we had the time... The records will be updated in "governmental timescale" which we all know in this day in age is slowwww unless they want your taxes... Just ask John He should know...

Thats everyone''s posts answered except mine, here''s a reminder

1)  Mr Iain Walpole was very involved and then he wasn’t, he seemed to opt out after someone rumbled he was using 3 user names on here ( Mr Positive, Be Smart and Wes is a canary) -  http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1396148/ShowPost.aspx

2) You had a committee but you now say they are too busy to run the project, so who’s running the Kitty at the moment?

3) You said your website was developing nicely but it hasn’t been updated in 6 months and the fans forum has never been used.

4) You now say you don’t have time to keep us fans and the Kitty updated and are looking for volunteers to join the committee but why didn’t you ask for help early last year 2009 when it was obvious something was amiss.

5) Surely if fans  money is involved you should take 10 mins every month to give us a regular update, it’s not acceptable that we’ve heard nothing for 9 months from you.

6) You say the £3000 is in a bank account which is fine but when will that be passed to the club to use?

7) You said in May 2009 that you were organizing a meeting with us fans to explain how the project would work, we are still patiently waiting.

Finally these are some of the posts on here re the Kitty, read them and maybe you’ll understand people’s concerns, its been over 2 years since you first mentioned it and you seem to be going backwards.

Dec 2007 - Steve ( Canny canary) wrote

Surely if this was promoted enough, and stuctured right where the supporters contribute regularly, maybe the club could compete properly for the signature of quality football players.

I think it could generate 5-10 million per annum maybe more depending on the supporters if it was done right..''''

Jan 09 - Steve ( Canny canary) wrote

The Kitty will continue to grow in strength, It will generate the traffic required from the search engines in time and then we will continue with the development.

The site is developing nicely, but you cannot see all what we are doing, and age to a website is highly important to this.

May 2009 - Steve ( Canny canary) wrote

I have to make it clear to all on here that i know what i am talking about,  if supporters could get behind my knowledge we can produce a website that will make a vast difference to this club..

We will be arranging meetings soon for supporters to attend so that they can get a better understanding of where this idea is going and how they can help from the comfort of their home..

May 2009 -  conker wrote

I''ve been involved with the project for a good few months now, some of you know me under a different user name and tbh I mainly use WOTB to talk all things Norwich, and not as the case may be.Please be patient with us, I see no reason for the negativity shown by many parties at the end of the day, if you dont want to put money into the Kitty we will not force you to.  Steve has been working hard behind the scenes on the business directory and recent meetings have opened several new avenues for us.

Aug 09 -  conker posted

Conker posted on the Kickitoff site "Mr Tilson please be patient" when i asked what had happened to the kitty meeting and who apart from Steve Jacobs was involved.My "patience" as Conker who is i suspect involved somewhere along the line put it is being tested to the extreme.

Dec 09 - TFA posted

So whats happening with Norwich City Kitty Limited (company number 06687962) ?

According to this link:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/6f1cb133ea47ddcfb03b5fa6ad011ab2/compdetails

No accounts have been filed.

Moreover it seems that an Annual Return was due on the 1st October 2009.

On another web page of Companies House, it appears that Jane Knott''s  appointment as a director has been terminated (19/11/09).

I think we need a lot more answers than you''ve given us,

I''d love to meet as many people as you could amass for a conversation about helping the club forward...

There is £3k in the bank as a good starter to the New Norwich City Supporters Club....

Your passion is what any association needs especially when it comes to Norwich City,,,

You Know, i''ve never hid up or been elusive, i''m just like you, i want the best for the team and club... Next season i want to see us achieve and to compete, to do that the team needs investment but again this season the club has fallen further into debt... Could we be a Southampton but doing it more slowly?

Ironically it''s not an old duffer taking the team forward we have a good young manager but then again maybe we should all listen to Tilly and his LIES and the advise he spews out to take us forward...

NICSA Needs new blood "FACT".......... It needs common Ground that is objective with financial weight behind its voice and not that of old timer windbags who suffer from dementia.

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY YOU HAVE SO MANY ASSOCIATIONS SPRINGING UP............." THROUGH FRUSTRATION"  AND THE FAILURE OF NICSA

Supporters of this club deserve much better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="SJkitty"]

I''d love to meet as many people as you could amass for a conversation about helping the club forward...

There is £3k in the bank as a good starter to the New Norwich City Supporters Club....

Your passion is what any association needs especially when it comes to Norwich City,,,

You Know, i''ve never hid up or been elusive, i''m just like you, i want the best for the team and club... Next season i want to see us achieve and to compete, to do that the team needs investment but again this season the club has fallen further into debt... Could we be a Southampton but doing it more slowly?

Ironically it''s not an old duffer taking the team forward we have a good young manager but then again maybe we should all listen to Tilly and his LIES and the advise he spews out to take us forward...

NICSA Needs new blood "FACT".......... It needs common Ground that is objective with financial weight behind its voice and not that of old timer windbags who suffer from dementia.

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY YOU HAVE SO MANY ASSOCIATIONS SPRINGING UP............." THROUGH FRUSTRATION"  AND THE FAILURE OF NICSA

Supporters of this club deserve much better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

You sound like a politician. 

I''m not paying you a compliment here by the way.

Your lack of answers to very valid questions will do nothing for either your credibility or that of the Kitty''s.  The whole thing seems shrouded in mystery and secrecy, what you say lacks any real substance.  It is little wonder the Kitty is where it is today.

Hi there was nothing political about what i was saying.

Lies are not something i will tolerate nor will Mr Tilson wish to look me in the eyes whilst he says them..

My stance has not changed, where the fans have a vehicle in which they can channel their efforts and one that will raise funds.

Donations were great for those who could not get involved but when all the kitty site needed activity to raise funds by those already bouncing around forums etc. it only need someone like NCISA to say its ok...

But as you can see the reason this wouldn''t happen is because of a little bitter, self centered pillock who dares to lie in public.

I can assure you the kitty received enormous amounts of attention which took countless hours to achieve.. Its not work that will be undone or thrown away as someone somewhere will have the energy and time to see it through the next leg and gather a new committee for the next stage.

People have to understand that the whole scheme was put together for the fans and for the fans to run...

We are looking for the next generation so to speak, the KITTY is all about people who have energy, even if its for a year or two as its better than filling seats with mindless duffers...

Would we be looking to hand it on if there was something untoward? will we support it? You bet ya..

[quote user="cityangel"]

Thats everyone''s posts answered except mine, here''s a reminder

1)  Mr Iain Walpole was very involved and then he wasn’t, he seemed to opt out after someone rumbled he was using 3 user names on here ( Mr Positive, Be Smart and Wes is a canary) -  http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1396148/ShowPost.aspx

2) You had a committee but you now say they are too busy to run the project, so who’s running the Kitty at the moment?

3) You said your website was developing nicely but it hasn’t been updated in 6 months and the fans forum has never been used.

4) You now say you don’t have time to keep us fans and the Kitty updated and are looking for volunteers to join the committee but why didn’t you ask for help early last year 2009 when it was obvious something was amiss.

5) Surely if fans  money is involved you should take 10 mins every month to give us a regular update, it’s not acceptable that we’ve heard nothing for 9 months from you.

6) You say the £3000 is in a bank account which is fine but when will that be passed to the club to use?

7) You said in May 2009 that you were organizing a meeting with us fans to explain how the project would work, we are still patiently waiting.

[/quote]

Rather than spending your incredibly precious sounding time trading insults, why not spend it answering these perfectly legitimate questions?''It''s all good, trust me'' means absolutely nothing I''m afraid.

Stop trying to wriggle out of answering my questions Steve, trying to change this to a ncisa bashing thread  won''t work.

A reminder

[quote user="cityangel"]

Stop trying to wriggle out of answering my questions Steve, trying to change this to a ncisa bashing thread  won''t work.

A reminder

[/quote]

Why does this have to be dragged up on here? I''m with you CA if this gentlemans stolen money from innocent fans then this should be reported to the correct authorities and not documented on here!

Talk to the Police and Norwich City Football Club if there has been any wrong doing, I feel if the club sees this gentleman has done something wrong and he is a season ticket holder then his season ticket should be revoked.

Continued arguing on here will give this gentleman more fuel to spout of nonsence about the NCISA which is something you don''t want and I don''t want to read about.  

No-one in this thread has accused anyone of stealing anyone''s money, but the fans are entitled to know when the money donated which has been donated over the past 2 years is going to be passed to the club?

Its a matter concerning Norwich fans and this is a Norwich forum so where else can we all discuss it?

As soon as my questions are answered satisfactorily then I''ll let the matter rest.

[quote user="cityangel"]

No-one in this thread has accused anyone of stealing anyone''s money, but the fans are entitled to know when the money donated which has been donated over the past 2 years is going to be passed to the club?

Its a matter concerning Norwich fans and this is a Norwich forum so where else can we all discuss it?

As soon as my questions are answered satisfactorily then I''ll let the matter rest.

[/quote]

If the money hasn''t been passed to the club and it is still with this gentleman, surely this constitutes as theft? If this is the case its a matter for the Police.

You are right the ''fans'' are entitled to know where the money is gone, but I don''t think you''re doing yourself any favours by going down this avenue CA.

You clearly need answers, you have done for 2 years, what makes you think you''re going to get them from here, in my eyes you need to take action!  

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

If the money hasn''t been passed to the club and it is still with this gentleman, surely this constitutes as theft? If this is the case its a matter for the Police.

You are right the ''fans'' are entitled to know where the money is gone, but I don''t think you''re doing yourself any favours by going down this avenue CA.

You clearly need answers, you have done for 2 years, what makes you think you''re going to get them from here, in my eyes you need to take action!  

[/quote]

If you read the whole thread you''d know that Steve said the money is sitting in the Kitty bank account not with any individual, no-one is or has accused anyone of stealing anything.

I just want answers to my questions which include the one asking when the donated money will be given to the club to use maybe for the academy kids.

Can we just wait now for Steve to give us some answers?

[quote user="SJKitty"]My stance has not changed, where the fans have a vehicle in which they can channel their efforts and one that will raise funds.[/quote]Given that you have been raising money for 2 years, it might be a good time to hand over the money raised so far.  If people can see you making regular donations, then they are more likely to contribute.Regular stories regarding donations in the local press, a big cheque on the pitch at half time maybe, say yearly, six monthly, whatever, would also be good PR for the kitty, and by extension yourself, and would provide a platform to encourage other people to donate.Regular spats on message boards with NCISA members, whether they tell the truth or not, will have a negative PR effect for the kitty, and by extension, yourself.As you said, support will follow if it feels safe to do so.  The Pinkun Pickers is successful because whenever there is a win, a cheque gets handed over.The only story people can run with at the moment is "what happened to the kitty" ?  You''re not doing anything to encourage people to think any differently at the moment.

Neither NCISA or myself will make a detailed response to this tirade of ill informed abuse directed at us and me in particular by Steve Jacobs.I have been unable to contact all of the "retired old duffers" on our Committee as eight of the eleven members are actually under sixty and as such have full time day jobs so this inexcusable fit of pique will be discussed tomorrow night at our scheduled February committee meeting.

I have been taken to task by a few people over the years on this messageboard but quite honestly the abuse handed out by Steve Jacobs speaks volumes and reminds me somewhat of the antics of a certain Mr Ian Walpole in the early days of The Kitty.

All i will say is that if there were satisfactory answers to the questions asked and Steve Jacobs printed them on here who would now be having to eat humble pie?

Kathy will be responding in her lunch hour to the"smoke and mirrors" thread started in the middle of the night at 3.16am by Mr Jacobs regarding NCISA...FAQs

Having read Johns'' comments, I''d like to re-iterate for Steve, you will win no friends by taking him on.  He represents 500 of the most vocal fans the club has, and his above post reads like those 500 people getting out of their seats and heading for the door.The quickest way to gain a PR boost for the kitty, win friends back and influence, is to hand the money made so far over, not stand in the middle and play one supporters association off against the other, as you were doing in a previous post in this thread.Good luck !

[quote user="cityangel"]

A reminder

[/quote]

I don''t often post on here because I don''t like getting drawn into arguments but I do like to keep adrift of what is going on. However, this has irritated me so much that I feel the need to post. Please can these questions be answered. I don''t care what you feel about other supporters groups and what they may or may not have said about you and/or the Kitty. Please just address each point which CA has raised and put the matter to bed. Not answering them and simply going on a rant about other things is not doing anything for your credibility or the credibility of the Kitty. I for one have supported the Kitty in the past but shall not do so in the future unless these matters are resolved.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

If you read the whole thread you''d know that Steve said the money is sitting in the Kitty bank account not with any individual, no-one is or has accused anyone of stealing anything.

I just want answers to my questions which include the one asking when the donated money will be given to the club to use maybe for the academy kids.

Can we just wait now for Steve to give us some answers?

[/quote]

Yeah of course CA, I just want the right result for everyone involved.

I will ask the treasurer to send the payment to the club... I will ask the club to send a copy of a receipt to NCISA thanking them for their support..

I will now take steps to close the whole Kitty project.

It will be best, as it will focus supporters attention on how poor NCISA performs as the main supporters group.

Discussion is now closed.

[quote user="SJkitty"]

I will ask the treasurer to send the payment to the club... I will ask the club to send a copy of a receipt to NCISA thanking them for their support..

It will be best, as it will focus supporters attention on how poor NCISA performs as the main supporters group.

[/quote]

If you''re going to run the kitty like this, then yes, please do close it. Without transparency the whole thing falls flat on its face. You seem to be making an @rse out of yourself for no reason given all you tried to do was help the club.....Im confused as to why you have a chip on your shoulder with regard to NCISA

[quote user="SJkitty"]

[/quote]

That is a shame Steve.  The kitty could still continue, all it would take is a slightly different approach, and for a couple of opinions of arguably key people to change.  In much the same way the SEO work you do works on virtuous cycles, so could the kitty.  All you need to get is some positive publicity on a regular basis, which could come from the regular donations, initially to FONCY but later for player purchases if the numbers get bigger. Someone needs to provide updates on the site, and to talk to people regularly, maybe you could talk to Archant to see if they could stick a "church appeal" style graphic in with the football coverage they provide on Mondays ?  From those acorns something could still grow.

[quote user="SJkitty"]

Discussion is now closed.[/quote]

Discussion is not closed.  Stop behaving like a petulant child. As if there was nothing else you could do to make this whole affair look like amateur hour...you somehow found it.