Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Kitty Concern!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Yeah I agree, but my point was that do these people even post or read here anymore, it seems like a long time since anyone has heard from them.[/quote]

There is no way of knowing if they read on here or not as you can do that without logging in but bet being Norwich fans and having a valid user name on here that they do or alternately someone must know them.

[/quote]Hmmmm, or maybe they don''t want to be found. I have acted as treasurer for a club in the past and the one thing you have to do when dealing with other people''s hard earned is be totally up front and accountable. Because the minute you are not then people, you in this case, ask why not.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]

Yeah I agree, but my point was that do these people even post or read here anymore, it seems like a long time since anyone has heard from them.
[/quote]

There is no way of knowing if they read on here or not as you can do that without logging in but bet being Norwich fans and having a valid user name on here that they do or alternately someone must know them.

[/quote]

Hmmmm, or maybe they don''t want to be found. I have acted as treasurer for a club in the past and the one thing you have to do when dealing with other people''s hard earned is be totally up front and accountable. Because the minute you are not then people, you in this case, ask why not.
[/quote]

Obvious but  true

[quote user="morty"]

Yeah I agree, but my point was that do these people even post or read here anymore, it seems like a long time since anyone has heard from them.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmmm, or maybe they don''t want to be found. I have acted as treasurer for a club in the past and the one thing you have to do when dealing with other people''s hard earned is be totally up front and accountable. Because the minute you are not then people, you in this case, ask why not.
[/quote]

As I said before Morty several of us have met one of the guys involved and I don''t for one moment suspect anyone of any dodgy dealings, just think it would be nice for those people who contributed to find out how the money was used and if there are any future plans for the project. Our club are in debt so need all the help they can get.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I said before Morty several of us have met one of the guys involved and I don''t for one moment suspect anyone of any dodgy dealings, just think it would be nice for those people who contributed to find out how the money was used and if there are any future plans for the project. Our club are in debt so need all the help they can get.

[/quote]

Yes good, thanks and well done.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Yeah I agree, but my point was that do these people even post or read here anymore, it seems like a long time since anyone has heard from them.[/quote]

[/quote]Hmmmm, or maybe they don''t want to be found. I have acted as treasurer for a club in the past and the one thing you have to do when dealing with other people''s hard earned is be totally up front and accountable. Because the minute you are not then people, you in this case, ask why not.[/quote]

[/quote]Based on everything I have read here I have to admit my spidey sense is tingling, or maybe I am being overly suspicious? It would be very easy to look at all the facts presented here and come up with the obvious outcome, but maybe you''re right, he just forgot to tell everyone what he did with the money, and a quick explanation will clear the whole matter up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Based on everything I have read here I have to admit my spidey sense is tingling, or maybe I am being overly suspicious? It would be very easy to look at all the facts presented here and come up with the obvious outcome, but maybe you''re right, he just forgot to tell everyone what he did with the money, and a quick explanation will clear the whole matter up.
[/quote]

the voice of calm and considered thought

[quote user="morty"]

Based on everything I have read here I have to admit my spidey sense is tingling, or maybe I am being overly suspicious? It would be very easy to look at all the facts presented here and come up with the obvious outcome, but maybe you''re right, he just forgot to tell everyone what he did with the money, and a quick explanation will clear the whole matter up.
[/quote]

Thers''s no ''''he'''' Morty , if you look at their website, http://www.norwichkitty.com/constitution/ you''ll see it was all set up properly with solicitors involved, there''s a committee of people involved and the company was registered.

Think you''re being over suspicious when theres no need to be. Maybe if you did a search on ''''kitty'''' and read some of the threads of 2008/9 and read their website you''ll get a clearer picture of what it was all about.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]

Based on everything I have read here I have to admit my spidey sense is tingling, or maybe I am being overly suspicious? It would be very easy to look at all the facts presented here and come up with the obvious outcome, but maybe you''re right, he just forgot to tell everyone what he did with the money, and a quick explanation will clear the whole matter up.[/quote]

Thers''s no ''''he'''' Morty , if you look at their website, http://www.norwichkitty.com/constitution/ you''ll see it was all set up properly with solicitors involved, there''s a committee of people involved and the company was registered.

Think you''re being over suspicious when theres no need to be. Maybe if you did a search on ''''kitty'''' and read some of the threads of 2008/9 and read their website you''ll get a clearer picture of what it was all about.

[/quote]It seems a pretty well set up site, albeit with nothing very current on it.Have you tried mailing them at the addresses provided in the contact section to ask for an update?

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It seems a pretty well set up site, albeit with nothing very current on it.

Have you tried mailing them at the addresses provided in the contact section to ask for an update?

There`s bin a murrderrr.

[/quote]

One would expect a statement on their website - to allay concerns on those that have contributed.

Common courtesy, I''d have thought?.....

i''ve met one of the people associated with the Kitty and he was a nice chap with the clubs best intentions at heart.. it hasnt worked for him but at least he had a go.... which is more then I, and indeed a few others, have attempted to do.

Im sure you can get your money back if you are concerned.. just contact him.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]

Based on everything I have read here I have to admit my spidey sense is tingling, or maybe I am being overly suspicious? It would be very easy to look at all the facts presented here and come up with the obvious outcome, but maybe you''re right, he just forgot to tell everyone what he did with the money, and a quick explanation will clear the whole matter up.[/quote]

[/quote]Quite the opposite, cityangel, I always found the Pinkun and KIO members who posted regarding their Kitty project to be underhand and somewhat devious in their attempts both to discredit the NCISA (albeit under unfair abuse from their chairman) and to misdirect us readers as to who was involved in the committee and what their roles were.  You only have to look at the first few posts on this thread to see that all was not well with the Kitty from the off, and whilst I''m sure they were indeed acting with the club''s best interests, they made a right hash of it.Some explanation of what''s occurred since their last contact, and what has happened to the money raised, would be nice.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''ve met one of the people associated with the Kitty and he was a nice chap with the clubs best intentions at heart.. it hasnt worked for him but at least he had a go.... which is more then I, and indeed a few others, have attempted to do.

Im sure you can get your money back if you are concerned.. just contact him.[/quote]

I posted the same last night, that I had too met Cannycanary and found him to be a nice chap with good intentions. I didn''t donate monthly like others so don''t need any money back, all I did to help them was use their google bar which they said helped raise funds.

I agree with Evil Monkey that an update is due as we haven''t heard anything for a long time now.

I have no idea about this kitty project thing, so i''ve gone in there with a fresh view. This is clearly a scam. Either intentionally or not. Any money taken should be immediately paid back to donations, and a public statement should be made on their website home page outlining what exactly has happened. Otherwise these people are liable.

Hi all its Steve from the kitty.

Firstly I cannot log in to this forum with the cannycanary username and for whatever reason it will not allow me to in when requesting a new password... Anyway instead of making an issue out of it seemed easier to log in as a new user.

I will use this login from now on – Just to make that clear for all those cloak and dagger theorists that lurk on here... Now we have cleared that up I will update you on the kitty...

The only concern that the kitty has is whether or not the supporters really want to help the club they claim they love...

I felt the need to do something to help the club and hoped that supporters would get involved however this was not the case and only a handful of people bothered...  Under the circumstances and the financial situation that the club faces it seems sad that out of the thousands of city supporters so few are really that committed to the club. Ironically those few that did stand forward where those who had little time to donate due to their work commitments…

Little effort has been put into the Kitty since last summer due to work commitments of the entire committee and my commitments especially have increased due to the expansion of the online businesses I am involved with.

The Kitty has amassed in the region of £3,000.00 of which approx £700 came by way of donations… Oh and it also raised over £2,000 for cancer research…

As originally stated, if supporters supported it then it would do well in the future.

The money is sitting in the bank until we form a new committee which are committed to actively work the scheme; or when it is requested by the club for the means it was raised for…

The figure is good starting point for a new enthusiastic committee whose members are made up of people who can donate adequate time for helping their passion (Norwich City Football club).

If you feel you have the time, feel you could become a good chairperson or committee member please contact me…

It takes one person to ignite the flame could anyone on here become the driving force behind it?  If they are right for the position (and thick skinned) they will have our full support…

People on here could soon make the kitty active… if they really wanted to and when they make the effort then so will I again…

Sorry to disappoint the pessimists but the Kitty isn’t dead yet and it still gathers strength online, in fact with effort it will do exactly what it is intended to do…

I suggest that you all debate what the fans could do for the club, especially as next year we need more quality and investment into the team,,,

You''ve been ''too busy'' to post an update.....really? And you wonder why people are sceptical.

Quite why you thought all these fans where going to funnel money into the club via some third party is bewildering, its much easier just to slag off Delia and tell her to use her money again.

Quite frankly, I''m surprised if NCFC have not had their legal representatives have a word with the police requesting that this matter be looked into. Those that solicit money in support of any organisation have an absolute responsibilty to ensure their record keeping is current and available. If I were a member of the Norwich City board I would not want to have the name of our club associated with any organisation that does not meet that standard.

Yes very busy.

So is slagging Delia your perfect plan then IBA...  

It got us league1 football this season, but hey we are top of the league...

Someone said on here ages ago how the expectations had been lowered at this club.

All records have been submitted to Companies house, and everything is upto date. I can ensure you that everything is above board and legal...

The club would not allow the kitty to exist if it wasn''t 100% legal..

Steve, I’m sorry but your response just isn’t acceptable.

This is how it looks from where I’m sitting

1)  Mr Iain Walpole was very involved and then he wasn’t, he seemed to opt out after someone rumbled he was using 3 user names on here ( Mr Positive, Be Smart and Wes is a canary) -  http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1396148/ShowPost.aspx

2) You had a committee but you now say they are too busy to run the project, so who’s running the Kitty at the moment?

3) You said your website was developing nicely but it hasn’t been updated in 6 months and the fans forum has never been used.

4) You now say you don’t have time to keep us fans and the Kitty updated and are looking for volunteers to join the committee but why didn’t you ask for help early last year 2009 when it was obvious something was amiss.

5) Surely if fans  money is involved you should take 10 mins every month to give us a regular update, it’s not acceptable that we’ve heard nothing for 9 months from you.

6) You say the £3000 is in a bank account which is fine but when will that be passed to the club to use?

7) You said in May 2009 that you were organizing a meeting with us fans to explain how the project would work, we are still patiently waiting.

Finally these are some of the posts on here re the Kitty, read them and maybe you’ll understand people’s concerns, its been over 2 years since you first mentioned it and you seem to be going backwards.

Dec 2007 - Steve ( Canny canary) wrote

[quote] Surely if this was promoted enough, and stuctured right where the supporters contribute regularly, maybe the club could compete properly for the signature of quality football players.

I think it could generate 5-10 million per annum maybe more depending on the supporters if it was done right..'''' [/quote]

Jan 09 - Steve ( Canny canary) wrote

[quote]The Kitty will continue to grow in strength, It will generate the traffic required from the search engines in time and then we will continue with the development.

The site is developing nicely, but you cannot see all what we are doing, and age to a website is highly important to this.[/quote]

May 2009 - Steve ( Canny canary) wrote

[quote]I have to make it clear to all on here that i know what i am talking about,  if supporters could get behind my knowledge we can produce a website that will make a vast difference to this club..

We will be arranging meetings soon for supporters to attend so that they can get a better understanding of where this idea is going and how they can help from the comfort of their home..[/quote]

May 2009 -  conker wrote

[quote]I''ve been involved with the project for a good few months now, some of you know me under a different user name and tbh I mainly use WOTB to talk all things Norwich, and not as the case may be.Please be patient with us, I see no reason for the negativity shown by many parties at the end of the day, if you dont want to put money into the Kitty we will not force you to.  Steve has been working hard behind the scenes on the business directory and recent meetings have opened several new avenues for us.[/quote]

Aug 09 -  conker posted

[quote]Conker posted on the Kickitoff site "Mr Tilson please be patient" when i asked what had happened to the kitty meeting and who apart from Steve Jacobs was involved.My "patience" as Conker who is i suspect involved somewhere along the line put it is being tested to the extreme.[/quote]

Dec 09 - TFA posted

[quote]So whats happening with Norwich City Kitty Limited (company number 06687962) ?

According to this link:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/6f1cb133ea47ddcfb03b5fa6ad011ab2/compdetails

No accounts have been filed.

Moreover it seems that an Annual Return was due on the 1st October 2009.

On another web page of Companies House, it appears that Jane Knott''s  appointment as a director has been terminated (19/11/09).[/quote]

I think we need a lot more answers than you''ve given us, and by the way your previous user name was Cannycanary not cannycanary which is probably why you couldn''t log in.

CA over and out.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="SJkitty"]

All records have been submitted to Companies house, and everything is upto date. [/quote]

So why is Companies House still showing (tonight) that the Kitty''s  Return is still overdue (see the link in my old post referred to above)?

[/quote]

Steve, as CA has said your answers are not acceptable. 

[quote user="SJkitty"]

Little effort has been put into the Kitty since last summer due to work commitments of the entire committee and my commitments especially have increased due to the expansion of the online businesses I am involved with.

[/quote]

For all intents and purposes this surely makes the Kitty defunct/doormant, with no active involvement from any of the Committee members (Board of Directors of the Company). 

- Is there an active Chairperson, Treasurer & Company Secretary?

- How many members are there?

And in light of the above, the following is the only concern of the Kitty?[:O]

[quote user="SJkitty"]

The only concern that the kitty has is whether or not the supporters really want to help the club they claim they love...

[/quote]

Company House as at 11.33pm 20/02/2010 [:^)] -

Company Details

Print Page. Open help text in a new window. The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Name & Registered Office:
NORWICH CITY KITTY
289 AYLSHAM ROAD
NORWICH
NORFOLK
NR3 2RY
Company No. 06687962

Date of Incorporation: 03/09/2008

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: PRI/LBG/NSC (Private, Limited by guarantee, no share capital, use of ''Limited'' exemption)
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
None Supplied
Accounting Reference Date: 30/09
Last Accounts Made Up To:  (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due
: 03/06/2010
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 01/10/2009 OVERDUE

Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

UK Establishment Details
There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.

Oversea Company Info
There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

System Requirements

Return to search page

I have stayed off this thread to avoid being classed as negative towards the Kitty but i have to say the response from Steve Jacobs  has posed far more questions than it has answers.City Angel,Tangy and norfolkbroadslim have raised some extremely revelant questions that quite honestly MUST be answered if The Kitty is to regain any credibility and have a future.

Kathy and i met Steve Jacobs some eighteen months ago and in all honesty he was not the slightest bit interested in how we suggested the way forward was with regard to embracing other supporters groups.Putting it bluntly it was his way or no way and what he did not know about running and building websites was not worth knowing.Smoke and mirrors have surrounded this whole project from day one and the secrecy surrounding the directors,officers and Committee  members have done it no favours at all.

As of this morning the website has been untouched for six months,a director of the registered company resigned a couple of months ago,a new Chairman and Committee members are required according to Steve''s post but apparently it is still very much alive and kicking.

Steve can i also point out that groups such as Shareholders Association,Capital Canaries,Northern Canaries,NCISA and the Trust are also run by fans in their spare time the vast majority of whom have day jobs.These groups if you recall were the ones Kathy and i suggested you embrace some eighteen months ago but that meeting is yet to take place.As your friend Conker told me only last august"please be patient Mr Tilson a lot of work is going on behind the scenes".A somewhat different picture to what you are now painting if i may say.

I will finish with a few questions

Has Jane Knott been replaced as a director?

Are you actively seeking a new Chairman as you indicated in your post?.

Have you actually met David McNally or Alan Bowkett face to face?

Have you a date to meet the fans?

I''m glad that I''m not the only one who has concerns about this project and wonder now if the club is aware of the situation, if of course they ever endorsed it in the first place.

Could we at least get the money collected in the past 24 months handed over for them to use ( bet the Academy could use it for their kids travel expenses)

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m glad that I''m not the only one who has concerns about this project and wonder now if the club is aware of the situation, if of course they ever endorsed it in the first place.

Could we at least get the money collected in the past 24 months handed over for them to use ( bet the Academy could use it for their kids travel expenses)

[/quote]

Taken from the Kitty''s Constitution -

Disposal of funds on dissolution

67.       If the Company is wound up the balance of the Bank Account shall, after payment of all and any administration charges or other expenses, be donated to Norwich City Football Club Academy.

I have read Steve Jacobs long post on this thread again and a couple of points jump out at me.

1) "The only concern that the Kitty has is whether or not the supporters really want to help the club they claim they love"......this from an organisation that has made no attempt whatsoever to hold meetings to sell the product to the fanbase and now look to lay the blame for its lack of success on others.

2)"The money is sitting in the bank until we form a new committee"............this to me gives the impression that currently the Kitty is in breach of its constitution.What happened at the last AGM when surely officers and committee members were elected?