Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

hucks in veiled "come and get me" plea?

No chance of him coming back sadly. No one is bigger than the club...........except Glenn of course.

maybe if that (*^Y£*(&^$£W(*&£W($&E(£&$(£&(£*&($ rodent was sacked! arrogant £"$£$£Q(*&^%(% !!!!!!roeder out! bring Huckerby back!

[quote user="Flinty"]maybe if that (*^Y£*(&^$£W(*&£W($&E(£&$(£&(£*&($ rodent was sacked! arrogant £"$£$£Q(*&^%(% !!!!!!roeder out! bring Huckerby back! [/quote]And what if his hip goes, or he plays crap and we get relegated anyway? He always said he wanted to leave on a high, and it''d be a very sad way to end if he was to come back and not produce the goods. We need to get over him and move on. I didn''t agree with the decision at the time, but what''s done is done. I think a new manager will be able to get a hell of a lot more out of our current squad than Roeder can.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Flinty"]maybe if that (*^Y£*(&^$£W(*&£W($&E(£&$(£&(£*&($ rodent was sacked! arrogant £"$£$£Q(*&^%(% !!!!!!roeder out! bring Huckerby back! [/quote]And what if his hip goes, or he plays crap and we get relegated anyway? He always said he wanted to leave on a high, and it''d be a very sad way to end if he was to come back and not produce the goods. We need to get over him and move on. I didn''t agree with the decision at the time, but what''s done is done. I think a new manager will be able to get a hell of a lot more out of our current squad than Roeder can.[/quote]yes, I am sure that another manager would do - and i cannot wait for that day.but hucks is still doing the business, be it in the MLS, and would have been doing the business for the past few months and to the end of this season (at least)

I have been one of Huckerby''s harshest critics over the years - and felt it was the right thing for him to leave.

In hindsight however, it is so infuriating watching Norwich struggle every week while there is a player who could change a game just sat in the stands.

[quote user="Flinty"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Flinty"]maybe if that (*^Y£*(&^$£W(*&£W($&E(£&$(£&(£*&($ rodent was sacked! arrogant £"$£$£Q(*&^%(% !!!!!!roeder out! bring Huckerby back! [/quote]And what if his hip goes, or he plays crap and we get relegated anyway? He always said he wanted to leave on a high, and it''d be a very sad way to end if he was to come back and not produce the goods. We need to get over him and move on. I didn''t agree with the decision at the time, but what''s done is done. I think a new manager will be able to get a hell of a lot more out of our current squad than Roeder can.[/quote]yes, I am sure that another manager would do - and i cannot wait for that day.but hucks is still doing the business, be it in the MLS, and would have been doing the business for the past few months and to the end of this season (at least)[/quote]Do you honestly think Hucks would have made a great deal of difference this season? With Roeder''s loan philosophy and tactical ineptitude, I think Huckerby would have been increasingly frustrated, playing largely from the bench and probably becoming severely pissed off with the status quo, maybe even to the extent that he requested a move or divided the dressing room. With Roeder as the manager, Hucks would never have had the influence he wanted to this season. Having said that, if we did get a new manager who would let him play to his strengths... you never say never! [;)]

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]I have been one of Huckerby''s harshest critics over the years - and felt it was the right thing for him to leave. In hindsight however, it is so infuriating watching Norwich struggle every week while there is a player who could change a game just sat in the stands.[/quote]

I thought it was the wrong decision at the time but just held on to the hope that Glenn would sign a good replacement.

Unfortunately he hasn''t.

I''d have liked to have seen Hoolahan and Huckerby in the same team.

the FACT is when Huckerby is in the team you''ve always got that chance, sadly we don''t have that anymore

Wish I hadn''t of read that interview cause its upset me all over again.

Think it can be summarised quite easily - We still need him and in his own way he still needs us.

[quote user="steve o"]the FACT is when Huckerby is in the team you''ve always got that chance, sadly we don''t have that anymore[/quote]

If that is the FACT then why did we do so badly with him IN the team over the last 3 seasons? Sure he creates chances, but he also creates problems.

I''d like him back, but he alone cannot make us into a good team like he did all those years ago.

[quote user="Mook"]

I''d like him back, but he alone cannot make us into a good team like he did all those years ago.

[/quote]

But it would bring back the feel good factor and raise morale amongst the fans and players.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Flinty"]maybe if that (*^Y£*(&^$£W(*&£W($&E(£&$(£&(£*&($ rodent was sacked! arrogant £"$£$£Q(*&^%(% !!!!!!

roeder out!

bring Huckerby back!
[/quote]
And what if his hip goes, or he plays crap and we get relegated anyway? He always said he wanted to leave on a high, and it''d be a very sad way to end if he was to come back and not produce the goods. We need to get over him and move on. I didn''t agree with the decision at the time, but what''s done is done. I think a new manager will be able to get a hell of a lot more out of our current squad than Roeder can.
[/quote]

He got himself back to full fitness last season and proved it further in the MLS. Yes its a micky mouse league but if his fitness would of been that bad he wouldn''t of played and just picked his wage and would of soon been released. The fact he outdone David Beckham, got the newcomer of the year and turned his teams fortunes around speaks volumes!

The real reason was that Roeder doesn''t like fans favourites and seem to enjoy knocking them down a peg or 3 - He done the same to Di canio at West Ham!

One of  Roeders many many mistakes but he''d rather play Robert Eagle than resign Hucks I''m afraid!

Agree though that a good manager would certainly be able to get more out of our squad than Mr demotivator Roeder(nowhere)!

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="steve o"]the FACT is when Huckerby is in the team you''ve always got that chance, sadly we don''t have that anymore[/quote]

If that is the FACT then why did we do so badly with him IN the team over the last 3 seasons? Sure he creates chances, but he also creates problems.

[/quote]

He would improve us without doubt cause he''d run at the opposition something David Bell hasn''t got in him!

In the 06/07 season when Earnie got injured Hucks goals in the 2nd half of the season kept us up!

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]if you read it i never said we played well i said with him in the team we always had the chance, we looked a hell of a lot better with him in the team

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

He would improve us without doubt cause he''d run at the opposition something David Bell hasn''t got in him!

In the 06/07 season when Earnie got injured Hucks goals in the 2nd half of the season kept us up!

[/quote]correct mate, he got his 1st against tamworth i think then went on to get about 13

Whether or not you think he''d make the side better with him in it or not, you''ve got to admire the way he speaks about the club & the current regime. Unfortunately he shows one thing that the current manager seems not to have. Class.

the player talks from his heart.. unfortunately we dont have that type of player here now.

the is alot i could have said and didnt..(huckerby quote). once again did roeder p** him off like many other players.

Perhaps when Roeder''s gone, Huckerby will find time to pen his autobiography, (probably next winter) when hucks is on his close season break, while we watch Rob Eagle trundle around Edgar Street, Hereford, as a crippled Norwich struggle to come to terms with league one!

[quote user="Huddy "]

Perhaps when Roeder''s gone, Huckerby will find time to pen his autobiography, (probably next winter) when hucks is on his close season break, while we watch Rob Eagle trundle around Edgar Street, Hereford, as a crippled Norwich struggle to come to terms with league one![/quote]

My point being it wuold porobably be a good read, just like the Iwan one a few years back, and maybe Hucks would tell us what he really thinks about GR, but the to be honest; i dont really think its Hucks style....

I think that if Roeder was to get the boot and we get a new man in, hopefully Aidy Bothroyd, they will sign huckerby on either a pay as you play basis or a loan. This would put that manager straight in to the fans good books and would show that he knows what Norwich need and what Norwich want.

I really hope this happens as it would be a great new years present. A little late but i wouldn''t care :)

Come on you yellows !!!

Let''s just think for a minute.... Daryl Russell and Patterson up front against Reading or maybe Huckerby??? Russell up front against Charlton or Huckerby??

A half fit Huckerby would be better. Watching Norwich play there is no excitement. There is not that anticipation of just how bad we are playing somebody might just get hold of the ball on the halfway line, beat a couple of players and curl one in at the far post.

Hoolahan was supposed to be Huckerby''s replacement and i am a fan of Hoolahans but he does not bring that Flair that Huckerby had. He cannot change the game in a moment like Huckerby did against Birmingham. Hoolahan cannot take the ball from our 18 yard box and run round one of the best defences in the championship and smash the ball into the net. Huckerby can !!!

Roeder doomed himself by getting rid of Huckerby and doomed himself further by how he treated him. We care more about Huckerby than we do Roeder and Huckerby cares more about the club that Roeder does.

Also where is this young expereinced premiership left midfielder we was promised at the start of the season ?

Come on you yellows !!!