Sign in to follow this  
steve b

Lupoli to start

Roeder today all but confirmed Lupoli will start tomorrow, about time too Roeder, but we all know the only reason is because Russell is suspended,

[quote user="shefcanary"]"I see him as an impact starter....".  WTF does that mean - the guy has lost the plot![/quote]

Hasn''t he got to have a plot to lose first though lol

[quote user="shefcanary"]"I see him as an impact starter....".  WTF does that mean - the guy has lost the plot![/quote]

impact starter! lol  he should get together with ian dowie and bring out a football dictionary! that way everyone could look up the bullshit that is spouted and have some idea what they mean!

i guess glenn is trying to say he is not a - non contact finisher!?

[quote user="steve o"]Roeder today all but confirmed Lupoli will start tomorrow, about time too Roeder, but we all know the only reason is because Russell is suspended,[/quote]

To be honest, Roeder''s got no choice tomorrow because apart from Cort and the youngsters we literally have nobody else to pick from.  I''ve a horrible feeling he would have gone with Russell if available.

''impact starter'' = somebody who starts the game all guns blazing but soon begins to tire and needs to be substitued after 50mins or so

[quote user="The Lord"]

''impact starter'' = somebody who starts the game all guns blazing but soon begins to tire and needs to be substitued after 50mins or so
[/quote]

Sounds like me most nights[6]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="The Lord"]''impact starter'' = somebody who starts the game all guns blazing but soon begins to tire and needs to be substitued after 50mins or so
[/quote]Sounds like me most nights[6][/quote]Lol Butler, I''m happy to be known as a supersub. Can make an impact in short bursts! [:D]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

impact starter! lol  he should get together with ian dowie and bring out a football dictionary! that way everyone could look up the bullshit that is spouted and have some idea what they mean!

i guess glenn is trying to say he is not a - non contact finisher!?

[/quote]They''ll want some input from this guy too.http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qrDTWAU4MSY

He hasn''t really got a choice - if Lups didn''t start tomorrow he would turn the final fans against him and kiss goodbye to his job. There isn''t any alternatives anymore.

i still wouldn''t put money on it, he may go with a 5 man midfield and sib up front on his own, his tactics and team selection surprise me every week, your right though he hasn''t got a choice but this is glenn roeder we''re talking about, a manergerial god!

It seriously cant hurt playing him for 90 mins (apart from him being bashed about a bit) he cant be worse than some of the rubbish we currently play/ have played in the past (pre-roeder included)

We can''t keep depending on Owen Goal to score for us, so perhaps Roeder has finally realized having an actual striker starting in the striker position will increase our chances of not getting shut out.  That he calls Lupoli an impact starter when he never starts the guy just makes him look like a dumbasce. If he really believes that, then why has he played so infrequently for us, Glenn?  "Well, I thought it would be better to go with non-impact players in that position."

[quote user="steve o"]Roeder today all but confirmed Lupoli will start tomorrow, about time too Roeder, but we all know the only reason is because Russell is suspended,[/quote]

Doesn''t have a lot of choice upfront for tomorrow has he, unless of course he plays Sibbi upfront with Hoolihan just behind him.