Sign in to follow this  
Shifty Sid

Norwich Reserves 4 - 2 Arsenal Reserves

nothing to get excited about to be honest, considering the average age of there team was probably about 17, and ours is first team fringe players with abit of youth

Attendance tonight was 8,000 - pretty good for a reserve game.  Mind you... they had better get used to it, cos that''s all we''ll get next year for the first team!

comment below the article

"Norwich City always seem to do well against us at youth and reserve team level lately IMO."

Ha if only that was the case for the first team too

[quote user="Big Bob"]ours is first team fringe players with abit of youth[/quote]We had Nelson, Lappin, and the only other two players with any first-team experience were Eagle and Renton. So no.

[quote user="Big Bob"]nothing to get excited about to be honest, considering the average age of there team was probably about 17, and ours is first team fringe players with abit of youth[/quote]

Half of their team was made up of the supposed wonderkids and "next England" that is sweeping all before them in the Carling Cup and ours was the kids plus Nelson and Lappin....

Impressed by Daley and Renton ,maybe they should be on the bench Saturday instead of a left back and a right back.Well done lads.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Impressed by Daley and Renton ,maybe they should be on the bench Saturday instead of a left back and a right back.
Well done lads.
[/quote]

Or maybe instead of Cureton.

That Austrian chap went off after 18mins, was he already out of his depth or was there another reason?

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Stop whinging and accept the victory. [*-)] Allow the fringe players the credit they deserve.

[/quote]

Well said! Exactly what I was thinking. Of course it isn''t particularly significant but the attitude of some people is astonishing.

Lappin "commanding" at CB?

The buy deserves a chance, although preferably in his suited position. Still, nice to know there''s someone who can fill in at CB in an absolute emergency.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Stop whinging and accept the victory. [*-)] Allow the fringe players the credit they deserve.

[/quote]

After the first 10mins when I thought we were in for a bad beating we absolutely took them apart with wonderful football, lots of one touch football all played on the ground, the boy Renton and Daly took them apart, Arsenal had no answer to them and when Renton put his foot through the the ball with that blockbuster I thought he had taken the back of the net out. All wonderful stuff, great stuff....arrdee. 

Thanks aardee, you were obviously at the same game that I was - I was wondering what the other posts were on about! Really enjoyable game - our young players know how to scrap for the ball and how to score.

Lappin was great - one superb tackle in particular, and several pinpoint crosses - two leading to goals. Only disappointment was Eagle - he can only pass back and has gained no pace since I last saw him.

[quote user="old yellow bird"]Thanks aardee, you were obviously at the same game that I was - I was wondering what the other posts were on about! Really enjoyable game - our young players know how to scrap for the ball and how to score. Lappin was great - one superb tackle in particular, and several pinpoint crosses - two leading to goals. Only disappointment was Eagle - he can only pass back and has gained no pace since I last saw him.[/quote]

Exactly "old yellow" and I agree about Eagle apart from his cross for the goal his crosses were poor all going out for goal kicks. I think he has had enough chances in his career, surely he must be on his way out....arrdee.

A lot of talk about Daley, but by the sounds of it Adeyemi wasn''t half bad.Quote from myfootballwriter:

"The newly-signed Tom Adeyemi barely gave the ball away once on the

night and possesses that economy and ease of movement that marks him

out from the crowd. He was also every inch an Arsenal-like athlete."For those who were there, would you agree with this statement?Just found out Daley scored a hattrick earlier this week as well though. Hattrick against Charlton Under 18''s and another against the nationally highly revered Arsenal reserves all in one week. Hopefully he''ll get a good look in from Glenn, sounds like someone that could be of use to us.

[quote user="John"]A lot of talk about Daley, but by the sounds of it Adeyemi wasn''t half bad.

Quote from myfootballwriter:

"The newly-signed Tom Adeyemi barely gave the ball away once on the night and possesses that economy and ease of movement that marks him out from the crowd. He was also every inch an Arsenal-like athlete."

For those who were there, would you agree with this statement?

[/quote]

I certainly would agree. Daley, Adeyemi and Renton were the best for me. The early posts on this thread just sum up what posting on this message board is all about for some ''fans''.

I''ll tell you what - we may well see young players from our academy playing for the first team sooner than many think. And when we do you PUP''s[&] can be proud and know that the ''Free Bet'' has helped make it happen.

[quote user="John"]A lot of talk about Daley, but by the sounds of it Adeyemi wasn''t half bad.

Quote from myfootballwriter:

"The newly-signed Tom Adeyemi barely gave the ball away once on the night and possesses that economy and ease of movement that marks him out from the crowd. He was also every inch an Arsenal-like athlete."

For those who were there, would you agree with this statement?

Just found out Daley scored a hattrick earlier this week as well though. Hattrick against Charlton Under 18''s and another against the nationally highly revered Arsenal reserves all in one week. Hopefully he''ll get a good look in from Glenn, sounds like someone that could be of use to us.
[/quote]

Yes "John", Adeyemi has a grace about him and he doesn''t give the ball away, he also has a wonderful change of pace but not such a pronounced change of pace as Daley,when he put in those big ones he left the Arsenal defenders standing, Roeder who was sitting quite close to me lent forward in his seat taking it in and when he left he had smug look on his face as did Clarke....arrdee.

i went this evening, was great game better than many at carrow ive seen this season. daley very impressive alongside renton, surely they have to be given a chance by roeder!

highlight of the night tho was walking past darren huckerby outside the ground b4 match, lowlight was the horrendous queues for food at half time, that really was ridiculous!

[quote user="UEA Canary"]i went this evening, was great game better than many at carrow ive seen this season. daley very impressive alongside renton, surely they have to be given a chance by roeder! highlight of the night tho was walking past darren huckerby outside the ground b4 match, lowlight was the horrendous queues for food at half time, that really was ridiculous![/quote]

Strange how Darren Huckerby is "not welcome" at the club even though he was at the game with many of our current first teamers. Highlight was Daley, Adeyemi and Renton surely?

Bloody hell, don''t go giving me even a glimmer of hope everyone!

Lappin at CB, Daly hat trick, Renton looking good, Adeyami a good prospect-which means, of course, along with Steer, he will soon be on the radar of Prem clubs-this Stephenson chap might have something about him!

I enjoyed last nights game, I thought City Res played well. Like most I was also impressed by Daley, he looks sharp and eager and given the first teams current form, especially in front of goal, we couldn''t much worse than to give him a go. I was also im pressed by our number 11 out on the right, whose name I can''t remember and Eagle at left back. Renton looked good once he got into the game, winning headers and certainly didn''t hang about taking his goal. As for the Austrian trialist, it was hard to judge him, as he went off early (seemingly injured), and City hadn''t really created anything by that point.

All accusations that the Arsenal opposition were only youngsters I think are harsh. True, it did seem a young team, but there were plenty of ''names'' in there, such as Simpson, Gibbs, Wilshere, Manonne and Bischoff, all of which have great futures ahead of them, and for the first 20 mins, they played well and didn''t really give City a sniff.

Good performance from the second string, who I think deserve a chance in the league....