Sign in to follow this  
Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre Ard Enough

Hucks - would we have more points this season if he had been playing?

He would have shown the rest of the team up at training!! We would definately be in a better position if he was still here, you thought we had a chance of scoring whenever he recieved the ball on the halfway line.

[quote user="AndyJR"]We shall never know, thanks to a certain Mr Roeder.

[/quote]

It''s a strange one isn''t it - GR must really not like big characters in his dressing room, presumably because his authority may be questioned.

At the same time he must want the best possible players at his disposal - perhaps it was a lack of funds.

I am convinced he would have started getting injured more and not playing as much - that started last season - in that respect Roeder has done the correct thing

"he must want the best possible players at his disposal" I

think even that is debatable, he usually seems to play his favourites

over the best players at his disposal. Did someone shout Fozzy?

See, this is the sort of rubbish that really makes my blood boil.

Huckerby was here last season and as you may all remember we had less points than we do now.

I''m not saying that that is conclusive proof that if he was here we''d be doing better or worse, I''m simply saying we shouldn''t look at it through Huckerby-tinted glasses all the time. Football is a team sport, and we are failing as a team.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Huckerby was here last season and as you may all remember we had less points than we do now.

I''m not saying that that is conclusive proof that if he was here we''d be doing better or worse, I''m simply saying we shouldn''t look at it through Huckerby-tinted glasses all the time. Football is a team sport, and we are failing as a team.

[/quote]Answer your own question then come back here. I''ve been saying it for a long time and I got a lot of flack when Hucks went but I never let my blood boil, luckily I''ve been justified.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]When your blood stops boiling you might remember Hux was injured, GR also played him on the right - another GR master stroke.

We sat bottom of the league with Grant and also with GR last season and continue to do so this season, is Huckerby the common denominator in all this? or do  two of the most abject managers ever to set foot inside CR take some blame?The question, would we have more points? is hypothetical, Huckerby playing under Roeder is even more difficult to assess, Huckerby still had plenty to offer and if played correctly I believe could have made a difference

Hucks was part of the last three seasons of abject failure so it is completely unreasonable to suggest we would be any better off if he was still here. It''s much easier to blame Worthy, Louis-John, Hughes, Colin, Grant, Roeder, Robinson, Doc, Fotheringham etc. though isn''t it [8-)]

[quote user="Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre rd Enough"]

I think we would - at the very least he''d have been a fantastic option to bring off the bench.

Such a shame the club won''t allow him to train with the squad - clearly because he''s better then  most of them.

[/quote]Yes, we''d at least be in the play-off places if Huckerby was still here.[img]http://www.facepalm.org/images/12.jpg[/img][img]http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/x1/x6281.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Hucks was part of the last three seasons of abject failure so it is completely unreasonable to suggest we would be any better off if he was still here. It''s much easier to blame Worthy, Louis-John, Hughes, Colin, Grant, Roeder, Robinson, Doc, Fotheringham etc. though isn''t it [8-)][/quote]"so it is completely unreasonable to suggest we would be any better off if he was still here".I don''t see why it would be unreasonable, we are talking hypothetically and in these cases there is no starting line or a finishing line, opinions are based on educated guesses, opinions and imaginations. Looking at our 3 abject seasons in a different hypothetical light, would they have been even more abject if Hux hadn''t been here?Another Hypothetical question - If it''s all down to players and not Managers - if Grant or Roeder took over class players by becoming the new Man Utd boss, would they as managers, be able cut the mustard?My point is, Hux isn''t the common denominator, for me the blame can be laid at the feet of Grant and Roeder, the argument can be taken further still and laid at the feet of the board who appointed these two very poor managers but that''s another argumentFor what it''s worth, I believe a  good manager would still get another good season out of Hux at championship level - hypothetical maybe but not "unreasonable"

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre rd Enough"]

I think we would - at the very least he''d have been a fantastic option to bring off the bench.

Such a shame the club won''t allow him to train with the squad - clearly because he''s better then  most of them.

[/quote]

Yes, we''d at least be in the play-off places if Huckerby was still here.

[img]http://www.facepalm.org/images/12.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/x1/x6281.jpg[/img]
[/quote] You are an idiot, how could you possibly say we would be in the playoffs. People are right you forget he was playing under Grant and we were bottom of the league there is no way you can have a logical reason for your opinion. Especially with huckerby''s defensive lack of work we would have bled goals.

We would be in the same position as we are now. Even if hucks was here it would not make a differance to were we sat in the table. YOu need all players on the same page, on player does not make a team.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre rd Enough"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

tbf he didnt actually say we''d be in the playh-offs with Hucks here, did he?

The fact that Huckerby was part of the team that was bottom last season is totally irrelavant.The facts are that 1) Hucks was far from fit as we all know with th hip problem, no pre season and then in and out of the team (one injury doesnt mean he''s finished boys).And 2) we were bottom because of the dross around him, no other danger players and Grants management.Remember the same players, bar the couple Glenn axed, that took us to the bottom were the same players that went on the unbeaten run and kept us up. Hucks was part of that team too wasnt he?

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre rd Enough"]

[/quote]Yes, we''d at least be in the play-off places if Huckerby was still here.[img]http://www.facepalm.org/images/12.jpg[/img][img]http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/x1/x6281.jpg[/img][/quote] You are an idiot, how could you possibly say we would be in the playoffs. People are right you forget he was playing under Grant and we were bottom of the league there is no way you can have a logical reason for your opinion. Especially with huckerby''s defensive lack of work we would have bled goals.[/quote]And were not now? Bell, Bertrand, Swansea, 3-2.Not once in Huckerbys time here did i see a left wing so weak and attackable as i did on Saturday with Bell not bothering to defend and Bertrand''s gung ho approach.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

When your blood stops boiling you might remember Hux was injured, GR also played him on the right - another GR master stroke.
[/quote]

Yes John, and you might remember last season''s unbeaten run occured without him in the squad. With Huckerby in the squad and playing, we dropped back into it, didn''t we?

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

We would be in the same position as we are now. Even if hucks was here it would not make a differance to were we sat in the table. YOu need all players on the same page, on player does not make a team.

[/quote]

Totally agree [Y]

Huckerby should have been employed as a striker, this would have given Hoolahan some options, instead whenever he plays youll see him constantly running around with the ball looking up and seeing nothing doing, which then results in him ending up losing the ball and looking bad. Hucks would have provided us with something we so sorely lacked in the early part of the season. Real quality in front of goal and someone to finish what we had started. That was our main problem until Lita arrived. Also at the start of the season there was a distinct lack of killer instinct. Lots of pretty passing but no end product.Hucks'' whole career was about end product and making things happen. The only factor is his fitness, which looks fine to me.He would without question have improved the team, if employed in the right way, as a free roaming striker.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]Same reasoning as mine, different outcomes. All Norwich have played in the past 4 seasons is darren huckerby football, i.e. pass the ball to hux, let him do something. Nobody else in the same team as him has had anywhere near as much creative flair since Bentley was here. It''s not surprise that when Hux was not playing or not a 100% fit we struggled because we had nobody else to create and chances. It matters greatly that you have all the players on one page, they have been but people overlooked that the reason we were playing crap was not because huckerby was useless and not good enough in this league, but he himself was not able to hold a whole teams strike-force anymore. Is nobody not surprised that this season has been one of worse goal-scoring performances ever. We still play the same football, we just wait for that one moment of brilliance or luck from the die but unfortunately croft, bell and pattison do not roll the die as much as Hux did.

With the players we have now, Bell, Croft, Hoolahan, Lupoli and Lita, if you throw Hucks in amongst that lot he would only compliment our attack, and indeed may flourish again as he was so tightly marked as we had no other threats in the team for defences to worry about.Now with the other danger men we have, i think an attack of Hoolahan, Hucks, Lupoli and Lita would have have been devastating. Chuck Bell and Croft in there and youve got loads of attacking options and players for defences to worry about. This would mean more space for he likes of Hucks to exploit to its full potential, and not wasted like we have been doing this season.But i guess we''ll never know now will we.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre rd Enough"]

[/quote]

[/quote] You are an idiot, how could you possibly say we would be in the playoffs. People are right you forget he was playing under Grant and we were bottom of the league there is no way you can have a logical reason for your opinion. Especially with huckerby''s defensive lack of work we would have bled goals.[/quote]

[img]http://www.toonjokes.com/data/media/9/30.jpg[/img]

i suggest you read what Mr chops said again.. very carefully... and look at the pictures too....

jas :)

[quote user="John Boubepo"] When your blood stops boiling you might remember Hux was injured [/quote]

You might also remember that he was banned for 3 games after losing his rag against the Scum - yes, this is definitely the sort of player we need more when we''re fighting relegation. 

[quote user="AndyJR"]We shall never know, thanks to a certain Mr Roeder.

[/quote]

That is the bottom line of ''Roedernowheres'' awful decision to get rid of our best attacking player!

In all probability I think we would of had more points cause Hucks could create and score goals while unsettling the opposition!