Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

What area of the pitch is letting us down??

[quote user="TCF"]Just a quick canvas of opinion really? I can certainly see where it is all going wrong.......thoughts please.......[/quote]

Our sales pitch....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="TCF"]Just a quick canvas of opinion really? I can certainly see where it is all going wrong.......thoughts please.......[/quote]

Our sales pitch....

[/quote]

Extremely very good answer Mello, I can only agree lol.

[quote user="TCF"]Just a quick canvas of opinion really? I can certainly see where it is all going wrong.......thoughts please.......[/quote]all of it.

oh come on its simple, DEFENCE!We have scored more goals at home than almost all the teams in the league and yet got hardly any points.Our goalkeeper has made some horendous errors. Our defence stands off attacks far too much and we have given away a ridiculous number of penalties for stupid errors in the box.Our defending has been shocking to say the least!

[quote user="John Boubepo"]That little 8 foot by 2 foot area with a little roof over it, oh I forgot he can''t be @rsed to sit there and sit''s in the stands instead!
[/quote]

Eh?

[quote user="Tipster101"]oh come on its simple, DEFENCE!

We have scored more goals at home than almost all the teams in the league and yet got hardly any points.

Our goalkeeper has made some horendous errors. Our defence stands off attacks far too much and we have given away a ridiculous number of penalties for stupid errors in the box.

Our defending has been shocking to say the least!
[/quote]

I beg to differ.

[quote user="TCF"]

[quote user="Tipster101"]oh come on its simple, DEFENCE!We have scored more goals at home than almost all the teams in the league and yet got hardly any points.Our goalkeeper has made some horendous errors. Our defence stands off attacks far too much and we have given away a ridiculous number of penalties for stupid errors in the box.Our defending has been shocking to say the least![/quote]

I beg to differ.

[/quote]haha so we havent let in more than all but 2 teams in the league at home, and we havent scored more than all but 3 teams at home? ITS THE BLEEDING DEFENCE.

[quote user="TCF"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]That little 8 foot by 2 foot area with a little roof over it, oh I forgot he can''t be @rsed to sit there and sit''s in the stands instead![/quote]

Eh?

[/quote] The dugout, not technically the pitch but from where all our problems begin and end

[quote user="Tipster101"][quote user="TCF"]

[quote user="Tipster101"]oh come on its simple, DEFENCE!

We have scored more goals at home than almost all the teams in the league and yet got hardly any points.

Our goalkeeper has made some horendous errors. Our defence stands off attacks far too much and we have given away a ridiculous number of penalties for stupid errors in the box.

Our defending has been shocking to say the least!
[/quote]

I beg to differ.

[/quote]

haha so we havent let in more than all but 2 teams in the league at home, and we havent scored more than all but 3 teams at home? ITS THE BLEEDING DEFENCE.
[/quote]

You''re not wrong Tipster, infact youre right but take a look at the bigger problem........

How many assists has Pattison picked up this season? How well has he supported the defence? How many assists has Russell picked up this season? How well has he supported the defence. How many assists has Clingan picked up this season? How well has he supported the defence? (very well indeed) How many assists has Croft picked up this season? How well has he supported the defence? How many assists has Hoolahan picked up this season? How well has he supported the defence? And thats not forgetting Mark useless Fotheringham!! The MIDFIELD is useless!!!! Apart from Bell and maybe Cligan the midfield is useless. Both Roeders signings.

come on TCF i''m waiting for your differing opinion.. why is it not the defence that is letting us down after looking at the stats provided....also your banner disgusts me. you''ve riled me now....where the hell would we be without delia? you cant just get rid of a board member, they have to SELL THEIR SHARES to someone whose willing to pay for them...which she''s already trying to do and has wanted to do since the prem season. don''t bring on the cullum argument as he DID NOT offer for her shares, he offered to take up unallocated shares that would reduce the value of delias and also mean that she wouldnt have sold hers - which she wants to do.

[quote user="Tipster101"]come on TCF i''m waiting for your differing opinion.. why is it not the defence that is letting us down after looking at the stats provided....also your banner disgusts me. you''ve riled me now....where the hell would we be without delia? you cant just get rid of a board member, they have to SELL THEIR SHARES to someone whose willing to pay for them...which she''s already trying to do and has wanted to do since the prem season. don''t bring on the cullum argument as he DID NOT offer for her shares, he offered to take up unallocated shares that would reduce the value of delias and also mean that she wouldnt have sold hers - which she wants to do.[/quote]i take back the bit asking for your opinion as you posted it/answered my question whilst i was typing.

[quote user="Tipster101"]come on TCF i''m waiting for your differing opinion.. why is it not the defence that is letting us down after looking at the stats provided....

also your banner disgusts me. you''ve riled me now....where the hell would we be without delia? you cant just get rid of a board member, they have to SELL THEIR SHARES to someone whose willing to pay for them...which she''s already trying to do and has wanted to do since the prem season. don''t bring on the cullum argument as he DID NOT offer for her shares, he offered to take up unallocated shares that would reduce the value of delias and also mean that she wouldnt have sold hers - which she wants to do.
[/quote]

Take another look at the thread title Tipster. Dont change the subject.

IM NOT ASKING HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT MY AVATAR. IM TRYING TO ASCERTAIN WHAT IS GOING WRONG ON THE PITCH. [:|]

I agree with you TCF, it''s the midfield where our problems lie. We simply don''t carry enough of a goalscoring threat from the middle of the park which makes us predictable and easy to defend against. We need a Damien Francis type midfielder who is capable of breaking past the forwards and getting into goalscoring postions, but I''ve been saying that for ages [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I agree with you TCF, it''s the midfield where our problems lie. We simply don''t carry enough of a goalscoring threat from the middle of the park which makes us predictable and easy to defend against. We need a Damien Francis type midfielder who is capable of breaking past the forwards and getting into goalscoring postions, but I''ve been saying that for ages [;)][/quote]

I''m with both of you on that.We seem incapable of changing the rhythm of a game.Clingan and Fozzy are too similar,and Rusty just isn''t a good enough footballer to be a playmaker.Ironically Pattison offers the best potential (two good feet, good striker of the ball and decent passer) but has always disappointed me when he''s gone inside.Maybe he can develop with more experience, but what we need now is a Chippy or a Colin Suggett type.

The bit of land next to the pitch which cost the club £2.5m, plus £1.5m for an access road, plus interest on the loan, plus survey/planning fees etc........

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I agree with you TCF, it''s the midfield where our problems lie. We simply don''t carry enough of a goalscoring threat from the middle of the park which makes us predictable and easy to defend against. We need a Damien Francis type midfielder who is capable of breaking past the forwards and getting into goalscoring postions, but I''ve been saying that for ages [;)][/quote]

I''m with both of you on that.We seem incapable of changing the rhythm of a game.Clingan and Fozzy are too similar,and Rusty just isn''t a good enough footballer to be a playmaker.Ironically Pattison offers the best potential (two good feet, good striker of the ball and decent passer) but has always disappointed me when he''s gone inside.Maybe he can develop with more experience, but what we need now is a Chippy or a Colin Suggett type.

[/quote]

Hopefully Roeder will cash in on the dross in January and use the money to bring in some proper midfielders. It think Croft, Russell and Hoolahan hold some value. Get rid of that goal dodger Cureton too.

[quote user="TCF"]

Hopefully Roeder will cash in on the dross in January and use the money to bring in some proper midfielders. It think Croft, Russell and Hoolahan hold some value. Get rid of that goal dodger Cureton too.

[/quote]

That''s you well and truly hexed mate!!!!

I agree with MIDFIELD primarily but we also lack a proven scorer.  It is the engine room of the modern game and since losing Francis it has never been up to much. Poor midfiled = poor results.

I dont think its so much a particular part of the team, I think its more the attitude of the players. I honestly think the players are technically good enough to be much higher in the table, I just feel that the attitude stinks.

Defending set pieces is our major weakness IMO. Marshall looks a liability coming for balls into the box, and none of the defenders seem to take charge. been a prob for the past couple of years.

In my opinion it has to be the midfield, which ironically is the only area on the pitch that comprises of fully fledged Norwich City players and no Loanee''s!!!!

We have no creative player, the likes of one Mr H or Safri. And we don''t have a big man putting his weight around serging forward and helping the defence, Like an Etutu or Francis.  Its all fair and well playing fancy passing football if you have the ball but you need big strong players to win back the ball.  How many goals did Francis score for us????? How many has Fozzy scored or Patterson, or Clingan, or Croft or een Russell when he actaully plays in Midfield?? End Of!!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TCF"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please Wizzy - I take it back!! lol.

Seriously though, Jamie lad needs to move on. He is approaching the last days of his career and he deserves to go out with a hatful of League 1 goals. He offers very little to NCFC and if we can get a few quid for him, we should do it.

[quote user="TCF"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TCF"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please Wizzy - I take it back!! lol.

Seriously though, Jamie lad needs to move on. He is approaching the last days of his career and he deserves to go out with a hatful of League 1 goals. He offers very little to NCFC and if we can get a few quid for him, we should do it.

[/quote]

Spot on. Its the best thing for both parties to be honest.

I think we''re only 2 or 3 quality players short of having a very good squad (loans included). In that respect we''re not very far away at all from having a very good team/squad but then I suppose at the same time until we do get those 2 or 3 players we''re quite a long way away.

For me we''re lacking a Iwan/Dion type figure upfront to play alongside Lita. I''m not necessarily saying we need to be looking for a target man to play the long ball but just someone with strength to cause defenders problems.

And we''re also missing a strong central midfielder with a bit of pace and eye for goal.