Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

What area of the pitch is letting us down??

[quote user="we are top league we are top league "]

which area of the pitch is letting us down??

goal net

[/quote]

Is that an attempt at humour or you being a tit again? Cant make my mind up.

pretty simple, you conceeding more than your scoring

i dont watch you enough to know the reason for that but could be ....

goalkeeper, defense, set pieces, manager being to defensive, midfielders being lazy and not tracking back

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I agree with you TCF, it''s the midfield where our problems lie. We simply don''t carry enough of a goalscoring threat from the middle of the park which makes us predictable and easy to defend against. We need a Damien Francis type midfielder who is capable of breaking past the forwards and getting into goalscoring postions, but I''ve been saying that for ages [;)][/quote]

Well done [Y] you''ve summed our problems up in 1 paragraph (and no I''m not being patronising)

I''m not sure it''s an ''area of the pitch'' that is letting us down specifically.  When I watch Norwich, for period''s of play we look competitive and composed but just can''t consistently play that way for 90 minutes let alone for 10 or 12 games.  Somewhere in the squad is a decent team but I think it lacks leadership not just on the pitch but off it.  I''m not shaw the players respect the Manager frankly.  I wonder, the board having employed two previously nice Managers (I think Worthington and Grant appeared to be amiable blokes) they decided to go the other direction and employ a disciplinarian in Roeder.  Problem is it''s only a matter of time until his type of Management style begins to demoralise team morale and knock the confidence out of players, a problem I think has already begun.[:(]

At the start of the season it was the poor attack but now all areas of our team are struggling cause some of the better performing players from the early part of the season have now been dragged down to a poor level because of a lack of confidence!

I fear things will only change when Roeder is removed and the players start playing for a new manager!

[quote user="AndyJR"]I''m not sure it''s an ''area of the pitch'' that is letting us down specifically.  When I watch Norwich, for period''s of play we look competitive and composed but just can''t consistently play that way for 90 minutes let alone for 10 or 12 games.  Somewhere in the squad is a decent team but I think it lacks leadership not just on the pitch but off it.  I''m not shaw the players respect the Manager frankly.  I wonder, the board having employed two previously nice Managers (I think Worthington and Grant appeared to be amiable blokes) they decided to go the other direction and employ a disciplinarian in Roeder.  Problem is it''s only a matter of time until his type of Management style begins to demoralise team morale and knock the confidence out of players, a problem I think has already begun.

[:(]

[/quote]

Roeder isnt actually an area fo the pitch though is he? Im talking about the players. Surely you have an opinion on what positions are weak and which are strong?

For me it is without a shadow of doubt that the defence have lets us down. A complete shambles.

[quote user="TCF"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]I''m not sure it''s an ''area of the pitch'' that is letting us down specifically.  When I watch Norwich, for period''s of play we look competitive and composed but just can''t consistently play that way for 90 minutes let alone for 10 or 12 games.  Somewhere in the squad is a decent team but I think it lacks leadership not just on the pitch but off it.  I''m not shaw the players respect the Manager frankly.  I wonder, the board having employed two previously nice Managers (I think Worthington and Grant appeared to be amiable blokes) they decided to go the other direction and employ a disciplinarian in Roeder.  Problem is it''s only a matter of time until his type of Management style begins to demoralise team morale and knock the confidence out of players, a problem I think has already begun.[:(]

[/quote]

Roeder isnt actually an area fo the pitch though is he? Im talking about the players. Surely you have an opinion on what positions are weak and which are strong?

[/quote]If the team don''t feel their Manager has confidence in them, good players appear average and average players appear poor.  Only my opinion - Until the players are given a morale boost, I don''t think it''s fair to pick out anyone.