Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

How fed up are you?

I am getting increasingly more fed up as the season goes on. The team we have (on paper) should be much higher up in the league and the inconsistency that this team shows is just unbelievable. We have underachieved for the past 3 or 4 seasons and I''ve really had enough. I have a season ticket, have done for the past 10 years and I''ve seen some rubbish in that time but never have I felt less enthusiastic about going to games.

Who is at fault? I really don''t know but I guess the buck has to stop with the manager and of course the board if the manager isn''t given the resources to do his job. I personally think that Roeder has a good enough team to be fighting for a good position in this league so has to take most of the blame. That said, the board keep appointing these managers that are unable to take Norwich forward so should be taking some blame too. IMO the club needs a shake up from top to bottom and a change of control in the boardroom with some ambitious directors taking control. Easy to say I know but without this I see nothing more than what we are being served up now with maybe a relegation fight or two for excitement!

BUT obviously that is just my opinion. How fed up are you and is there anything WE do to change it?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I have never felt so fed up, so uninspired by a NC team, nor felt such a lack of passion about our team.

[/quote]

I feel exactly the same WAY49. I know there is another thread running talking about the politics of what should be done and NCISA''s involvement but I am keen to canvass the views of a number of fans to see whether we are in the minority or majority.

I am sure you will get a few more replies, I reckon most are watching the GP to see if our wonderboy can win lol.

Rusty, to be fair there are a few on here who will be happy with what''s going on, and those views won''t ever change.  However I know of at least ten of us that won''t be renewing our season tickets next season unless things change drastically over the winter.  These are fans who have supported NCFC for between 15 to 50+ years, and most feel the same as I do.

Everyone reaches their breaking point at different times and for different reasons, mine a culmination of about 5 things over the past year.  I don''t hate the board, and they have done ok for the club, but for the last 3 seasons the club has been slowly going downhill, and this season is far worse IMO.

Where it all ends I really don''t know.

Yes we could protest, but it''s no good pushing the current board out unless there is invesment waiting in the wings, that could be just plain suicide for our club.

I went to the Doncaster game only because Mrs. H had two friends tickets together so my own seat remained as empty as it has been for most home games this season.

Time was when the whole week was a build up to a game and the whole Saturday revolved around it.

I know this is still the thrill for many people and I am pleased for them. It is, though, also clear many turn up out of obligation and don''t seem to anticipate or enjoy it as they should.

We have been continually short changed and for the size of the Club we have ended up where we are through poor investment (good money paid for poor players) and poor management (lack of decisiveness with key staff). Along with the likes of Leeds, Leicester and others we are a ''sub-prime'' football club.

Nowadays, I like to do things I can control to various extents and therefore derive satisfaction from for my efforts. Supporting Norwich City has become frustrating and unsatisfactory because for too long the Club has failed to realise it''s potential which I would see as similar to the levels acheived by West Brom. They are a well run Club, we are poorly run and this is recognised first by the business sector (hence my thread about empty boxes and advertising space).

How odd that the golden years saw gates of 15 to 16k typically; in those days we punched above our weight. Today, we see Clubs progressing by benefactor but also we see others doing much better than us on ostensibly fewer resources and it baffles and agitates us.

I''m also at a loss with Roeder. I initially liked him but he has lapsed into ways which were probably those which failed to endear him to the supporters of other Clubs. He seems unable to cope with certain types or character of player and is demonstrably hypocritical. But changing the manager again is probably a worse option than keeping Roeder and giving him something he has apparently never had before.........time.

Norwich supporters have realistic expectations but their Club is falling far short of them. They want to see a decent home record; they love to cock a snook at the big boys occasionally and they want a few heroes. At present many would struggle to come up with a name to go on their shirt because the player either belongs to another Club or else is failing (and few wear a keepers shirt anyway).

So, I''m sadly very fed up and am unafraid to make choices.

im fed up......what can i do about it.......not a lot.....thats football....you have to take the highs with the lows......and support your team throughout.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I went to the Doncaster game only because Mrs. H had two friends tickets together so my own seat remained as empty as it has been for most home games this season.

Time was when the whole week was a build up to a game and the whole Saturday revolved around it.

I know this is still the thrill for many people and I am pleased for them. It is, though, also clear many turn up out of obligation and don''t seem to anticipate or enjoy it as they should.

We have been continually short changed and for the size of the Club we have ended up where we are through poor investment (good money paid for poor players) and poor management (lack of decisiveness with key staff). Along with the likes of Leeds, Leicester and others we are a ''sub-prime'' football club.

Nowadays, I like to do things I can control to various extents and therefore derive satisfaction from for my efforts. Supporting Norwich City has become frustrating and unsatisfactory because for too long the Club has failed to realise it''s potential which I would see as similar to the levels acheived by West Brom. They are a well run Club, we are poorly run and this is recognised first by the business sector (hence my thread about empty boxes and advertising space).

How odd that the golden years saw gates of 15 to 16k typically; in those days we punched above our weight. Today, we see Clubs progressing by benefactor but also we see others doing much better than us on ostensibly fewer resources and it baffles and agitates us.

I''m also at a loss with Roeder. I initially liked him but he has lapsed into ways which were probably those which failed to endear him to the supporters of other Clubs. He seems unable to cope with certain types or character of player and is demonstrably hypocritical. But changing the manager again is probably a worse option than keeping Roeder and giving him something he has apparently never had before.........time.

Norwich supporters have realistic expectations but their Club is falling far short of them. They want to see a decent home record; they love to cock a snook at the big boys occasionally and they want a few heroes. At present many would struggle to come up with a name to go on their shirt because the player either belongs to another Club or else is failing (and few wear a keepers shirt anyway).

[/quote]

A very well written post which sums up not only my feelings but I am sure a few others too.

Great post rude old!....

im one of the ones you mention who goes to every game out of obligation.... its a chore now.. i dont enjoy it, and im not excited in the days leading up to a game anymore...

and i agree with what you say about attendances.. when the ground was empty we played good football! ok we might not of been a good team or world beaters but we genuinely gave it a go, we passed the ball, we fought everyy week and the fans genuinely enjoyed the football and the fighting spirit.

With 26,000 fans in the stadium the board have got what they wanted.. in their eyes thats success regardless of what goes on on the field... give me 12,000 fans and a thrilling 4-3 win any time...

jas :)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Fed up is not the words I''d use, bloody fed up is better![/quote]

Was saying to hubby today on the way back from Kings Lynn that I can''t ever remember feeling this low about NCFC ever, my heart is sad and passionless about my football team right now.  Don''t know if I will ever gain back that passion either which is quite scarey.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Fed up is not the words I''d use, bloody fed up is better![/quote]

Was saying to hubby today on the way back from Kings Lynn that I can''t ever remember feeling this low about NCFC ever, my heart is sad and passionless about my football team right now.  Don''t know if I will ever gain back that passion either which is quite scarey.

[/quote]Mrs Wiz won''t talk to me after a game now 49''.....she says my mood is too bad![:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Mrs Wiz won''t talk to me after a game now 49''.....she says my mood is too bad![:(][/quote]

Scarey thing is Wiz, I really can''t get angry anymore, I am just in limbo, no emotions whatsoever.

Spot on Jas - I completely agree, quite frankly I would happily dance on the terraces again and foresake any refreshment and a nice sit down for the sake of some football (those 4-3 wins sound wonderful), some atmosphere in the ground, and most importantly of all to cheer on our heroes.

I am still waiting for them to arrive (although one comes back as a spectator next week).

It''s nice to see you back on the Pink Un board though Rude Old. Great post. I can identify with much of what you are saying, except to say I have never really controlled anything, especially my mouth and my temper; and although a lot of what made me a supporter in the first place is gone (like the flowing football, the feeling that our players meant something to us and we meant something to them) I am still going to go and support the team. Even if my heart is no longer in it as much as it once was.

You are so right with your statement that we have realistic expectations. The club is falling well short of them. I haven''t had a name on my shirt since Huckerby and probably won''t again. This is not just due to age.

My over riding thought is what a mess. What an awful mess our wonderful club is and what''s worse is who in the hell is going to save it?

Reading your previous post Gazza I see we are of the same vintage, perhaps why we feel similarly about the Club. I expect we will have met on Lilly''s coach or on the terraces. I feel fortunate to have supported City through the period I have but feel disillusioned at present. That said, things change and these doldrums will not last forever.

Put it this way; I''d rather trap my * in the microwave door on 800W than go to an away game at the moment.

A total fatalism has started to engulf me . I don''t get excited about games,get angry when I read Roeder''s increasingly arrogant comments and just can''t see things getting better.

I don''t hate Delia but want to see change at the top.I''m getting more and more irritated by the fact that Peter Cullum has made so much mileage out of the "I''m a lifelong fan" story, yet doesn''t appear to be prepared to step in despite the club falling apart at the seams.I originally bought the whole "clever businessman waiitng for the price to drop" argument but that''s wearing pretty thin now.We are in the mire and letting us drop into League One is neither clever business tactics or the actions of someone who cares about the club.We are told that discussions are ongoing.Let''s hope so,because otherwise we are going down.

Like others on this thread I was behind Roeder,but  his attempt to deflect criticism from some shocking performances by scoring cheap shots against the fans is unacceptable.

Finally,I don''t get to away games,but I always glue myself to Radio Norfolk and read the views of those who go intently.Clearly we have players who have no pride in the badge and who hide way from home.That is not something that can be condoned in any way.Football is a passionate sport.We,the fans, have that passion,but I don''t see it being shared where it really mateers within the club.Its been said many times,but we deserve better.

I wonder if Delia the Board, and the Chief Exec, are fed up?......[:|]

To be honest, I''m not fed up, although, I''m bleedin'' annoyed that the situation with the club has been allowed to come to this.

In hindsight, eh?......

Maybe I should take Cameldung''s advice.....and go and support another club........never!

It''s only a matter of time - before the board will have sufficient rope.....

My "advice" Mello, as you probably realise, was to make the point that when your club is underperforming or in the doldrums you really have to grit your teeth and stick by it - or find another club.  Supporters like yourself, committed to City, are not going to find another club  but unless all of you can find someway to change things at Norwich (and the divisions don''t make that look very likely at the moment).

All of you may well be correct in saying you need the Board out and the Manager, too - that has to be the judgment of the fans but before you can do any of that you need a replacement Board waiting in the wings and a replacement Manager as well.

Mr Cullum emerged out of the mist at probably the worst possible time and probably caused you to fork out even more money as Agent''s eyes lit up at the prospect of £20m coming in - it''s certainly why you didn''t get Gow (if that matters) - and since then he has been a tantalising wraith in downtown Sevenoaks, less tantalising to the insurance industry when Towergate was forced to rush out a statement saying that they were not about to default on their bank loans.  Of course not, the statement said, but they were "restructuring them"[:|]

If things get worse for Norwich let us hope he is such a committed fan that he couldn''t stand by and watch that happen.  With that sort of money you wouldn''t would you?

Hopefully you have this Angel in the wings.  Obviously, it is your club not mine but wouldn''t it be a better idea to start writing letters to Mr Cullum if you think he is the person to save you?  Shouting Delia Out, Roeder Out may make people feel better but without replacements it doesn''t take it much further does it?

Or perhaps someone might like to write an Open Letter to Mr Cullum and send that to the EDP?  Or mass letters to Ms Smith?

Camulodonum . . . Mello doesn''t need your advice and nor do the rest of us.  You''re saying nothing new, only what the more tedious pro-Delia anti-Cullum posters come out with on a regular basis.  At least they''re Norwich fans and have the right to say it.  You don''t. 

Sling your hook . . . and if you really are what you claim to be, a Colchester fan, it might be a good idea to learn how to spell "Camulodonum" . . .

I really start to wonder why it matters to you so much . . .

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Camuldonum"]

So what do you need do you think? 

[/quote]

Read my lips . . . SLING. YOUR. HOOK.

[/quote]

No.  So what do you need do you think?

Spell out your solution.

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Camuldonum"]

So what do you need do you think? 

[/quote]

Read my lips . . . SLING. YOUR. HOOK.

[/quote]

Camuldonum is exactly right, and is also one of the few posters on here who makes a positive contribution to debates on here. It is also refreshing to have opinions from a neutral of sorts.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Completely in line with my feelings Huckster. Can''t stand these people talking about supporting your club throughout. I''ve done that since 1987, but I''ve never encountered such a bad feeling ''bout NCFC... How can you keep it up if your club just fails to deliver...? We lost to a club this weekend who barely attract 12000 fans... this doesn''t seem to have the effect it used to have!  Aren''t we too loyal? I would like to see those directors when only 10000 turn up at a NCFC game.

Forever yellow-green, but not affraid to express my feelings!