Sign in to follow this  
AJ

The Truth about the Lita deal.

Taken from the bbc report; The club have confirmed that Norwich businessman Carl Moore will make a ''significant contribution'' to the deal.

Or by ''significant contribution'', do they mean all of it?!

What worries me is that we clearly have no money for January, and half of our squad goes back home!

whats the betting this is the "investment" Delia spoke of... Moore is small fry compared to Cullum... PC can bankroll us...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

whats the betting this is the "investment" Delia spoke of... Moore is small fry compared to Cullum... PC can bankroll us...

[/quote]It''s a reflection of the way we are managing the club right now.It''s just a short-term deal, not a long term investment.Same can go with our playing squad, and indeed, even the signing of Lita.What happens after Christmas?!

[quote user="AJ"]Taken from the bbc report;

The club have confirmed that Norwich businessman Carl Moore will make a ''significant contribution'' to the deal.

What worries me is that we clearly have no money for January, and half of our squad goes back home!
[/quote]

I thought Munby made it clear in his interview recently that with the Turners leaving we were pretty much up against it financially.  I don''t think it took a lot of reading between the lines to see that there will be little or no funds in January as things stand.

Not sure there is an easy answer but lets be under no illusion we have no money to spend on players at the moment.

[quote user="peartreeproductions"]

[quote user="AJ"]Taken from the bbc report; The club have confirmed that Norwich businessman Carl Moore will make a ''significant contribution'' to the deal.

What worries me is that we clearly have no money for January, and half of our squad goes back home![/quote]

I thought Munby made it clear in his interview recently that with the Turners leaving we were pretty much up against it financially.  I don''t think it took a lot of reading between the lines to see that there will be little or no funds in January as things stand.

Not sure there is an easy answer but lets be under no illusion we have no money to spend on players at the moment.

[/quote]there won''t be any powder to keep dry...unless we sell,,,who - marshall, croft, hooley???  the young teenage keeper prospect???

The club have already said Roeder has spent his playing budget for the season. There is no more money to spend, hence the reliance on Carl Moore paying for Lita. Unfortunately Mr Roeder has wasted his budget on loan players who are struggling to make any impact and will go back to their clubs leaving us with nothing to show for the very large sum of money they have cost us.

Shame we haven''t got a manager who could spot some lower league talent which would have cost no more than the loans and we would have an assett to show for our money.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Hardly a secret "truth" is it; it''s confirmed on the official site Carl Moore is continuing to pay for the loan.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1441847,00.html

Below the picture.

[/quote]I never said it was a secret, I was just showing the details behind it.All I''m saying is, we have no money, half our squad goes back in January. We have no strikers + we have no money  = we are pretty much scewed (seeing as we can''t even with all the loans and such that we have already!)

[quote user="Barclayman"]sorry am i missing something? this isnt a secret is it, it was revealed when we first got Lita that Carl Moore financed the loan deal.[/quote]Nice to know you read the post above which you reply!

The only slight positive I can see (and it is slight) for after xmas is that when the current loanees go home their wages should be freed up to bring in replacement loan players

Why does this mean we have no money? Carl Moore is being a good supporter and doing what he can for the club - just like he did when he paid for a certain D. Huckerbys loan. Rather than meaning we were skint it resulted in him being bought permanently!I''m not saying that we aren''t skint, we all know we are, that''s been suggested by the club already, but the fact Carl Moore is paying for Lita is something to celebrate, not something to use as a weapon against the board!

[quote user="AJ"]Taken from the bbc report;

The club have confirmed that Norwich businessman Carl Moore will make a ''significant contribution'' to the deal.

[/quote]

No, it''s about 70 per cent but as some of your members are hoping to lose to Preston he''s quite likely wasted his money.[;)]

Well, it could have been worse, he could have donated it to Colchester and really, really (with cherries on top) wasted it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I don''t think that you realise that Peter Cullum doesn''t want to bank roll us. In case you have forgotten, Delia has put the club up for sale

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Hardly a secret "truth" is it; it''s confirmed on the official site Carl Moore is continuing to pay for the loan.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1441847,00.html

Below the picture.

[/quote]

I never said it was a secret, I was just showing the details behind it.

All I''m saying is, we have no money, half our squad goes back in January.

We have no strikers + we have no money  = we are pretty much scewed (seeing as we can''t even with all the loans and such that we have already!)
[/quote]

AJ, "the truth about..." does tend to insinuate you are uncovering some grand secret. I never said you did say it was a secret, just that it was pretty obvious that what you say is the case.