Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

November is just around the corner.

And you know what often happens in November.

Yep. Reckoning time.

Say, just say, we lost our next 4 games culminating in an embarrassing loss to bottom club Notts Forest in front of the Sky TV cameras and a worldwide audience on Setanta.

It''s not an impossible scenario. We would then have lost 8 out of the last 10 matches.

Discuss the fate of the manager and how you as majority shareholder would handle the situation.

Seems like a good MBA exercise to me. On the one hand this, but on the other hand that............[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Seems like a good MBA exercise to me. On the one hand this, but on the other hand that............[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Is it a good MBA exercise ?  Or is this one better ?

"BlyBlyBabes is an Ipswich fan on a wind up.  Discuss."

Say, just say, we win every game for the rest of the season.  Then we''d be champions.  Basically, if we start doing much worse than we have then it will be an abysmal season.  If we start doing much better it''ll be a great season.Mind you, you won''t like that kind of hypothetical question, so here''s one for you:Say, just say, we never ever win another match - In which league will we be when we go bust? In which league will we be when we disband?Our results this season would suggest 4 or 5 points  from the next 4 games. - Swansea are a footballing team, ergo we stand a good chance against them, especially at home.

[quote user="7rew"]Say, just say, we win every game for the rest of the season.  Then we''d be champions.  Basically, if we start doing much worse than we have then it will be an abysmal season.  If we start doing much better it''ll be a great season.

Mind you, you won''t like that kind of hypothetical question, so here''s one for you:

Say, just say, we never ever win another match -
In which league will we be when we go bust?
In which league will we be when we disband?

Our results this season would suggest 4 or 5 points  from the next 4 games. - Swansea are a footballing team, ergo we stand a good chance against them, especially at home.
[/quote]

OK then, ignoring the earlier foolishness (a run of 4 losses is a distinct possibility, but the odds of a run of 28 wins/28 losses is virtually zero) - and taking your prediction.

4-5 pts from next 4. We would then be on a run of 10-11 pts from the last 10 matches. Still relegation form - with getting on for half the season gone.

Does the MSH give the manager a vote of confidence - or send him on his way?

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not offering a prize for stupidity today. Sorry.

OTBC

[/quote]

people start Christmas Shopping....

one love

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

people start Christmas Shopping....

one love

[/quote]

People also pee.

Some in their pants.

OTBC

[/quote]Go on then, I''ll take a guess.

The locals put you in a horse-drawn cart and take you round the village shouting "penny for the guy"

They do a similar thing at Corpusty but they have to make a guy as they don''t have a real one!

one love!

[+o(]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The locals put you in a horse-drawn cart and take you round the village shouting "penny for the guy"

They do a similar thing at Corpusty but they have to make a guy as they don''t have a real one!

one love!

[+o(]

[/quote]

Well, at least I know where Corpusty is now. Had to google it!

Are you one of those yokels perchance?

Cor blas..........

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

one love![+o(][/quote]Well, at least I know where Corpusty is now. Had to google it!

Are you one of those yokels perchance?

Cor blas..........

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]I''m amazed you have never heard of the Corpusty firework display Bly, dates back to medievil times. Yep, even at the time when you left these shores and in the days when the only way you could get a christmas card home from your island was by pigeon.

A grand run of losses up until the televised Forest game...perish the thought! 

we wouldn''t even have the luxury of saving face by sacking the manager as I suspect  we probably could''t afford to!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not offering a prize for stupidity today. Sorry.

OTBC

[/quote]

Thats good because you can''t put in a prize and then win it yourself

[/quote]America elects another populist moron?Some old biddy gets brained by a conker and so the council cut down all the city''s trees?People start tutting at early Christmas advertising?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]America elects another populist moron?Some old biddy gets brained by a conker and so the council cut down all the city''s trees?People start tutting at early Christmas advertising?[/quote]yeah and we all get deafened by anti-social cheap noisy chinese fireworks during the entire month - i like the pretty ones myself!!!

Well, November is here.

One down and three to go.

We''ll see, we''ll see.

But if Roeder''s really lost the dressing room ===== watch out, watch out!

OTBC

Well, 2 down 2 to go.

I predict that a vote of confidence in the manager will be issued by the MSs on Monday, 25 November, following a crisis board meeting on the Sunday after being exposed to a worldwide audience on the Saturday.

Anybody want to bet against my prediction?

OTBC

Well, 2 down 2 to go.

I predict that a vote of confidence in the manager will be issued by the MSs on Monday, 25 November, following a crisis board meeting on the Sunday after being exposed to a worldwide audience on the Saturday.

OTBC

[/quote]

No takers, I see. Interesting.

Not long ago such a prediction would have been met with streams of vitriol from the Smith Fan Club.

Have they fallen out of love - or are they more likely just biding their time........?

OTBC

lappinitup-are you from Corpusty?

lived there for 23 years. Wild horses would not drag me back there. Village could be the setting for a remake of "The land that time forgot".

having saod that the infamous Corpusty bonfire was good for a tear up every November.

Well, 2 down 2 to go.

OTBC

[/quote]

I wont bet against you Bly, but i will say that the board wont be able to save face this time if they admit to hiring another failure.

Three down (L, D, L), one to go.

As I said lose next Saturday against Notts Forest in front of a worldwide audience (it''s live on Setanta) and squeaky-bum time will set in.

What will the MSs say? Ask us what to do?

The mind boggles.

OTBC