Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Whats the longest period you've gone without seeing an away win???

Hull two years ago was my last away win - although i went for years in the early 80''s until we thumped Leicester 4/1 to go up.

I''m a bit of a Jonah for Norwich away - i''m afraid. I deliberately went to Dereham Town pre-season to break the curse........... but we lost 2/1. Sorry all.

First away game i went to was coventry in november 2005 and we drew 2-2 i think. The first time i saw us win was a year later at west brom and i went to about 10 away games inbetween them. And about 5 of those were games when we were winning and then conseded a goal near the end!

Well i still havent seen us win away yet and i have been to about 10-12 games lol and they include 4-0 against leicester, 4-0 against chelsea and 4-1 against sheff wed  

Can''t remember exactly but i do know that when i was at uni in the north west from 95-99 i saw us win at sheff united (ulf scored the winner!) and man city (our first win there in 30 years or so) and that was it. In FOUR YEARS!! Tranmere, Bolton, Oldham, Huddersfield, Crewe, Stoke, Port Vale - i went to all those places and more besides and we nearly always lost. Even a draw seemed like a in back then. Those were dark days indeed!

I was there too A1. You forgot WBA in that list. Equally humiliating. I remember at Port Vale we were incensed with the moaner stalwart Cabbage crew at the time who were moaning throughout the game and telling us to shut up and stop singing. This was from the back row! So we went down the front and encouraged the team. Fleck scored a consolation goal and came over to us and hugged us all.

Oldham, God, that was a nightmare. Do you remember the Ipswich fan in the home area (to the right of the away end)? He wound us up all game. That has got to be one of our worst ever performances away from home, and yes I went to the recent Luton, Wolves, Watford etc.

I''ve only seen us win away once  in the league , away at Hull (we won 2-1) under PG[:O]

I''ve been to watch the canaries at:Stamford Bridge- FA cup lost 4-0                                          I''m going to the Derby away match on tuesday 28th october. Lets hope I see another win!Hull (as mentioned above)Sheff Wed Hucks last game lost 4-1Southampton- fa cup lost 2-0Torquay league cup won 3-1Cambridge United friendly won 2-1Sheff Utd    promotion season lost 1-0Birmingham league cup lost 2-1Coventry  last year lost 2-0Everton     fa cup (champ winning season lost 3-1)Stoke      last year lost 2-1

I''m the real Jonah. Hit me last season when I went to Stoke after which we went on our unbeaten run until I turned up again at Bury to end it - worked out I had spent over £1000 (not including petrol, parking and pies) going to away games at that point since last seeing us win (at Crewe 1st season back in the Championship) last victory before that was also at Crewe promotion season. I have seen us play at 66 different grounds (most quite a few times - based in the North West there are quite a few teams around) and have only seen us win at 6 of those grounds (Crewe is the only one I can count twice for that!!) but these do include Anfield, Goodison and Maine Road. When I miss games I''d normally go to like Barnsley last year and Blackpool we win confirming my hoodoo status!

Worryingly I''m off to Barnsley today - sorry! 

I''ve never seen us win away except friendlies:03/04 - WBA - Lost 1-003/04 - Palace - Lost 1-004/05 - Manure - Lost 2-104/05 - Tottenham - Drew 0-004/05 - Liverpool - Lost 4-004/05 - Chelsea - Lost 4-004/05 - Aston Villa - Lost 3-004/05 - Arsenal - Lost 4-1 (It was a cracking 1 though!)05/06 - Palace - Lost 4-106/07 - Chelsea (FA Cup) - Lost 4-006/07 - Sheffield Wednesday - Lost 3-207/08 - Coventry - Lost 1-007/08 - Ipswich - Lost 2-107/08 - Sheffield Wednesday - Lost 4-1So in total I''ve seen:Goals For - 7Goals Against - 37Goal Difference - -30!!!But I''ve seen us win 4-1 at Yarmouth, 12-0 at Lowestoft and 7-1 at Gorleston, so all is not lost!!I was gonna go to Barnsley but I thought that I''d better not........

Been to 5 away games in my life, and we''ve lost all of them!

Leicester last season we lost 4-0

Sheff Weds last season we lost 4-1

Ipswich last season we lost 2-1

Coventry this season we lost 2-0

Mk Dons this season we lost 1-0

Saw a few away wins in playoff and promotion year, none in the Premier League (obviously) and since then off the top of my head and without checking ticket stubs...

07/08
Sat Oct 27 West Bromwich Albion A 2-0 L
Sat Dec 22 Scunthorpe United A 0-1 W
Sun Apr 13 Ipswich Town A 2-1 L

06/07
Tue Sep 12 Southend United A 3-3 D
Sun Nov 19 Ipswich Town A 3-1 L
Sat Jan 6 FA Cup (3): Tamworth A 1-4 W
Sat Jan 27 FA Cup (4): Blackpool A 1-1 D
Tue Feb 27 Luton Town A 2-3 W
Sat Mar 31 Colchester United A 3-0 L
Sun May 6 Sheffield Wednesday A 3-2 L

05/06
Sun Sep 18 Ipswich Town A 0-1 W
Sat Oct 1 Brighton & Hove Albion A 1-3 W
Sat Oct 22 Queens Park Rangers A 3-0 L
Sat Nov 26 Coventry City A 2-2 D
Sat Feb 11 Hull City A 1-1 D
Sat Apr 15 Sheffield Wednesday A 1-0 L

saw us win at Barnsley last season but not seen an away win since although i''ve only seen 3 away games since then; Sheff Utd, Leicester and Sheff Wed. Was going to go today but short of cash at the moment so will wait untill the Derby and Forest games in Oct and Nov

Between April 1975 at Portsmouth and October 1980 at Brighton I went to 14 away matches without seeing a win....5 and a half years !

That''s two games now and still no win or even a Norwich goal, disgraceful [;)]But I did get to see the rare sight of a Norwich keeper saving a penalty - actually the first time I''ve ever seen such a thing.

I''ve been to 3 away games so far this season. I''ve seen a good draw at Cardiff and I''d rather forget the others (especially the MK Dons game)

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]That''s two games now and still no win or even a Norwich goal, disgraceful [;)][/quote]I''ve got a similar record... 3 games, no goals for, 6 goals against, no points.

My losing streak was from the last game of the promotion season at Crew where we won 3-1 roberts (2) Fleming and a Dean Ashton goal against us, went to about 5 or 6 away games every season and lost, the duct finally ended last year at Barnsley where we won 3-1, i think in total it was about 3years lol.