Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Fotheringham goes or i do

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Oh don''t worry about the fans taking their anger out on Fozzy. They just boo scape-goat Cureton instead...[/quote]

There always has to be a scapegoat.  If I was going to boo tonight it would have been the whole team not just one player, but as it goes I don''t boo as I don''t think it helps with confidence.

Poor ole'' Jamie, at least the bandage made him 6 inches taller, hey maybe that was the plan, bandage him so he''s taller lol [:)]

[/quote]That darn bandage didn''t help us one bit. They all thought he was Sibierski and kept pumping it to him....

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Oh don''t worry about the fans taking their anger out on Fozzy. They just boo scape-goat Cureton instead...[/quote]

There always has to be a scapegoat.  If I was going to boo tonight it would have been the whole team not just one player, but as it goes I don''t boo as I don''t think it helps with confidence.

Poor ole'' Jamie, at least the bandage made him 6 inches taller, hey maybe that was the plan, bandage him so he''s taller lol [:)]

[/quote]That darn bandage didn''t help us one bit. They all thought he was Sibierski and kept pumping it to him.... [/quote]I just think its funny that every time I see him he looks more and more like a smurf. the head gear was class,

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]That darn bandage didn''t help us one bit. They all thought he was Sibierski and kept pumping it to him.... [/quote]Was that Cureton up front tonight? I thought it was Bin Laden........

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]No, Fozzy will be offered a new deal and you''ll still be there. Please do not make promises you wont stick to.[/quote] oh i will

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]No, Fozzy will be offered a new deal and you''ll still be there. Please do not make promises you wont stick to.[/quote] oh i will[/quote]Let''s hope he gets one then.

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]my advice is to sleep on it JB - yeah, fozzy didn''t produce tonight, but then neither did the entire team,,,

the boys will know they''ve let another sell out crowd down - expect to see a much better show on sat!!!

roedy''s heroes will ride into town, make no mistake>>>
[/quote]

how can you stick up for him hes sh!t

[/quote]

he didnt do very well last night but he wasnt the worst player on the pitch, Hoolahan, Omozusi and Stefanovic all made glaring howlers last night or played worse than Foz.. the fact is that we are not a promotion/play off side... last night was evidence of that. we need more quality in all areas.. both wings, 1 more stirker, 1 midfielder, and a decent Right back....

jas :)

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="jim blair"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]No, Fozzy will be offered a new deal and you''ll still be there. Please do not make promises you wont stick to.[/quote] oh i will[/quote]

Let''s hope he gets one then.
[/quote] Blinkered fool

omfg he was a second best player in the second half last night, beaten only by Patty, and in first half, only by Patty and Lupoli, He Misplaced ONE pass, i count them for when this happens, He made MORE tackles than Rusty, and everyone passes back, so you cat balme him for doing that, so you can all just get stuffed or actaully watch him play.

[quote user="Polar"]maybe because he was frustrated.

Fozzy is a decent player, and he looked a decent captain when i watched him on saturday so for now he has my support and its disgusting that while a player wears our colors there are people who don''t support them. Hughes for example, he tried exceedingly hard to prove his doubters wrong and won alot over with his effort, Doherty to an extent as well last season, Pattison has turned it round and now its fozzys turn

[/quote]

Absolutely right. I''m not a big Fotheringham fan,but I''m fed up with players being villified.Every few games we seem to have another scapegoat.The game is so easy to play from the stands,isn''t it?

Problem is, Patty is in good form and the Doc is still injured, so the fans are running out of scapegoats... Give Fozzy a rest for a game and there''ll quickly be posts on here complaining that "Rusty is the worst player I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt"...

Fotheringham was awful last night, though not much worse than most; however it is clear he isnt good enough. Clingan was obviously missed last night, and untill he''s back i fear we are going to struggle.

Is Fotheringham any better than Micky Spillane, we''ll never know becasue Roeder wouldnt ever give him a chance. But i cant believe he could do any worse, i would prefer to give people like that a chance, he''s 6 ft tall, gets stuck in. ipswich have blooded young players leading to great success over the years, yet we have seemed scared to do it. Spillane''s Norwich chances are gonei feel, but i cant help but thinking, also considering our finances; giving a keen, academy graduate a chance, rather than a run of the mill player like fotheringham a contract woulds have been beneficial to everyone.....but you dont win anything with kids....or anyone in our case!!!

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Oh don''t worry about the fans taking their anger out on Fozzy. They just boo scape-goat Cureton instead...
[/quote]

[/quote]

That darn bandage didn''t help us one bit. They all thought he was Sibierski and kept pumping it to him....
[/quote]

I just think its funny that every time I see him he looks more and more like a smurf. the head gear was class,

[/quote]

My wife, who ,bless her, is not exactly a football officianado, actually asked me "why is that blonde bloke wearing a hat?"

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="jim blair"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]No, Fozzy will be offered a new deal and you''ll still be there. Please do not make promises you wont stick to.[/quote] oh i will[/quote]

Let''s hope he gets one then.
[/quote] Blinkered fool[/quote]

Blinkered by what exactly?

Fotheringham is nothing more than a journeyman footballer. He isn''t good enough to be a first team regular. Backup at best. Making him captain is insane. Putting him and Patty in centre midfield, arguably the most important area of the pitch for the second half was laughable. We had no imagination or cutting edge - just slow, sideways passing. Russell is considerably better in that position that either of thse two.Fozzy''s ''pinned'' his future to the club with a one year deal - clearly not that fussed about playing for Norwich. Roeder commented on too many average performances in the team last night. I''ve seen nothing of Fortheringham to suggest he has anything better than that to offer. It''s probably the first time in 20 or so years of supporting Norwich that I''ve thought so little of one of our players.

And if we get stuffed on Saturday in a game of men against boys?[quote user="lucky green trainers"]my advice is to sleep on it JB - yeah, fozzy didn''t produce tonight, but then neither did the entire team,,,the boys will know they''ve let another sell out crowd down - expect to see a much better show on sat!!!roedy''s heroes will ride into town, make no mistake>>>[/quote]

Has Pattison turned it around?  What exactly has he done to prove he is more than a Championship benchwarmer?  Perhaps I watch a different game but I see a short player who has no pace, little flair and who disappears for long periods of the game.  He should not good enought to be in our starting eleven - the fact that hs is says a lot about the quality of our midfield players.[quote user="Polar"]maybe because he was frustrated.Fozzy is a decent player, and he looked a decent captain when i watched him on saturday so for now he has my support and its disgusting that while a player wears our colors there are people who don''t support them. Hughes for example, he tried exceedingly hard to prove his doubters wrong and won alot over with his effort, Doherty to an extent as well last season, Pattison has turned it round and now its fozzys turn[/quote]

[quote user="jim blair"]I will make a promise here and now..if Fotheringham is ever given another deal at this club, i will never go to another game at Carrow rd.my 41 years of continuos support through thick and thin will not become 42. i just could not stomach seeing my season ticket money used in this way. Worst Norwich captain in living memory..[/quote]

Here Here, I''m approaching 45 years of supporting Norwich and have to agree Fozzy should be shot at Dawn, what are the club thinking of by Keeping the worst player of Grants dealings, I would much rather see Lappin in the team,I know different types of Player but at least Lappin has scored a couple of goals  

In all honesty, the ONLY time Fotheringham impressed me was against Southampton at home last season, after his injury.He''s either got to really buck up his ideas, and sort himself out, or leave.

I have said all along that Fozzy is not good enough, and now he is getting worse

about time we had a proper captain as well

they all played bad last night, but for most of the other''s that was a one off

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Has Pattison turned it around?  What exactly has he done to prove he is more than a Championship benchwarmer?  Perhaps I watch a different game but I see a short player who has no pace, little flair and who disappears for long periods of the game.  He should not good enought to be in our starting eleven - the fact that hs is says a lot about the quality of our midfield players.[quote user="Polar"]maybe because he was frustrated.Fozzy is a decent player, and he looked a decent captain when i watched him on saturday so for now he has my support and its disgusting that while a player wears our colors there are people who don''t support them. Hughes for example, he tried exceedingly hard to prove his doubters wrong and won alot over with his effort, Doherty to an extent as well last season, Pattison has turned it round and now its fozzys turn[/quote][/quote]The only game i''ve seen this season was the Plymouth one, and Pattison was immense, he made runs, put in crosses and shot often and fairly accurately and with more luck would of score. as far as i''m concerned he was much much better than when i watched the spurs friendly, so yes, in my book he has turned it around and well worth the reviews he got after the plymouth game and from the fans who went both argyle and norwich who''ve said to me he was awesome.

I personally think that Fozzy has nudie pics of old Roedie boy in a dodgy massage parlour or something. I just cant see why else he would perservere with him. He is a shocking captain, he sulks like a little boy when times get tough, he doesnt lead by example, he isnt actually any good at football and his accent is bordering laughable. I mean has anybody actually heard the guy speak? Thats the strangest Scottish twang Ive ever heard.

This may sounds a bit rediculous but lets compare Fozzy to Steven Gerrard. Will Fozzy chip in with a goal when times get tough, or ever for that matter? Will he ever raise his game and lead by example? Other players need to look at the their Captain as a figurehead. I bet half the squad resent him being the Captain, he has done nothing to earn the right to boss the team.

And I havent even mentioned his mid season contract shinanigans yet. What the hell is happening at Carrow Road? Its a joke that this guy has kept the arm band after last season.

I think a big problem with Fozzy is that he hasn''t been stuck on the bench, even just for one game,  to see just what we can do without him. That to a certain degree is Roder''s fault. He made Fozzy captain and to drop him would be admitting he is wrong. It''s the same situation with Pattison. Roeder''s first signing; it''s no surprise he never drops him. Roeder is too stubborn for his own good at times.

On another note, my main problem with Fozzy is how often he blames other players for his mistakes. If a pass has even a hint of pace on it, he''ll miscontrol it and scream at the person who initially passed it. I say drop him now and see what a difference it makes to the squad.

Fozzy fails in two very important areas - his passes are always the easy option, 10 yard sideways balls, five seconds too late; and when the going gets tough he''s gone, dropping deep and getting even more negative in his play. Added to that he doesn''t score goals. What we need is Clingan and Rusty, with Stefanovic as captain. He''s not the worst ever and doesn''t deserve to be shot at dawn, but he''s a squad player not a first-pick, let alone captain.

[quote user="Old Boy"]Fozzy fails in two very important areas - his passes are always the easy option, 10 yard sideways balls, five seconds too late; and when the going gets tough he''s gone, dropping deep and getting even more negative in his play. Added to that he doesn''t score goals. What we need is Clingan and Rusty, with Stefanovic as captain. He''s not the worst ever and doesn''t deserve to be shot at dawn, but he''s a squad player not a first-pick, let alone captain.
[/quote]

I agree 100% Old Boy. Stefanovic certainly looks a potential captain - but if he hasn''t the right personality, then the other names you mention - Clingan and Russell - should now be considered before Fotheringham. Taking the captaincy away (it''s happened to others, ask Adam) might even help Fotheringham''s game. But part of the "passing sideways or back" problem may just be, as much a consequence of there being no midfielder there willing to make the run. That is why I''d give Chadwick a try for a game or two.

[quote user="Polar"]maybe because he was frustrated.

Fozzy is a decent player, and he looked a decent captain when i watched him on saturday so for now he has my support and its disgusting that while a player wears our colors there are people who don''t support them. Hughes for example, he tried exceedingly hard to prove his doubters wrong and won alot over with his effort, Doherty to an extent as well last season, Pattison has turned it round and now its fozzys turn

[/quote]We Know you cant get to matches because of where you live but please, Fozzy is far from being decent  hes not a leader he doesnt inspire. you need a player who gives 110% week in week out not once every 3 months