Sign in to follow this  
Peter Maidstone

The takeover and Delia

[quote user="Peter Maidstone"]

Would fans be happy to have Delia as a figurehead at the club? Or once Mr Cullum takes control would you want her gone for good?

[/quote]

Still dipping your toe in the water Mr.Cullum?

Would fans be happy to have Delia as a figurehead at the club? Or once Mr Cullum takes control would you want her gone for good?

[/quote]

FFS... at least GNG took the time to be a little bit imaginative with his bullshit.  [:|]

I don''t think anyone would want to see Delia drummed out of the club altogether. If nothing else she is a valuable brand and a massive asset in terms of the catering and corporate hospitality side of things.

Unfortunately it would make a mockery of all the catering investments made over the last few years that would basically become white elephants overnight without the Delia brand and whilst I am distinctly underwelmed at our progress over the last 10 years I think her heart is in the right place even if her wallet isnt. I would like to see some deal done whereby Delia and MWJ retain 50% of there shares and stay on the board with PC coming in and purchasing the balance along with the Turners shares with the balance of his 20M made up with the issue of new shares. If it were possible for Delia to buy a controlling stake by the back door I would hope the same would also be true of PC IE split the shareholding between him and perhaps another family member.

If you take the overall investment by Delia and MWJ at around 6M if they were to realise 4M for half of the shares they would still have a significant investment in the club whilst getting back a significant proportion of the original invastment.

This would leave the club with PC as majority shareholder Delia and MWJ still on the board and potentially 14M to fill the black hole and get us a decent team !

I may be living in cloud cuckoo land but thats the perfect scenario

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Unfortunately it would make a mockery of all the catering investments made over the last few years that would basically become white elephants overnight without the Delia brand and whilst I am distinctly underwelmed at our progress over the last 10 years I think her heart is in the right place even if her wallet isnt. I would like to see some deal done whereby Delia and MWJ retain 50% of there shares and stay on the board with PC coming in and purchasing the balance along with the Turners shares with the balance of his 20M made up with the issue of new shares. If it were possible for Delia to buy a controlling stake by the back door I would hope the same would also be true of PC IE split the shareholding between him and perhaps another family member.

If you take the overall investment by Delia and MWJ at around 6M if they were to realise 4M for half of the shares they would still have a significant investment in the club whilst getting back a significant proportion of the original invastment.

This would leave the club with PC as majority shareholder Delia and MWJ still on the board and potentially 14M to fill the black hole and get us a decent team !

I may be living in cloud cuckoo land but thats the perfect scenario

Good plan,All we need now is for the people up stairs to agree and go for it  

[/quote]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t think anyone would want to see Delia drummed out of the club altogether. If nothing else she is a valuable brand and a massive asset in terms of the catering and corporate hospitality side of things.[/quote]

Totally agree. To drum out Delia would be financially stupid - her brand alone is worth a great deal to the club, never mind her expertise.

Would fans be happy to have Delia as a figurehead at the club?

[/quote]

Naïve maybe but I don''t really want our club to have a figurehead at all.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t think anyone would want to see Delia drummed out of the club altogether. If nothing else she is a valuable brand and a massive asset in terms of the catering and corporate hospitality side of things.[/quote]

Totally agree. To drum out Delia would be financially stupid - her brand alone is worth a great deal to the club, never mind her expertise.

[/quote]

Maybe Delia and MWJ could maintain control of the non-football stuff, and allow Cullum to control the playing side of the business ?  Or would that not work ?

After all the sh*t that''s been slung in her direction,does anybody honestly think that she''d want to stay [*-)]

....You''re being incredibly kind to some of the nasty,vindictive b**st*rds on this board if you think that nobody wants her hounded out [:^)] 

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

I would like to see some deal done whereby Delia and MWJ retain 50% of there shares and stay on the board with PC coming in and purchasing the balance along with the Turners shares with the balance of his 20M made up with the issue of new shares. [/quote]

He ain''t getting mine if I can help it!

[/quote]As long as Delia is happy staying here, I''d definitely want her as a figurehead. She''s brilliant for the fans and media, and i believe, gives a positive representation of Norwich City FC around the globe. She is a VERY valuable member to the club in that respect, and it would be a shame to see her leave the club entirely.Although, like others, i want a new big sugar daddy at the club, i believe it''s almost "Criminal" for fans to send her abusive comments because of her ownership of the club. Those fans either have awful memory of what she has done for us into the past, or are just complete t***s.If only Delia was a Billionaire....

[quote user="John"][quote user="Peter Maidstone"]

[/quote]

As long as Delia is happy staying here, I''d definitely want her as a figurehead. She''s brilliant for the fans and media, and i believe, gives a positive representation of Norwich City FC around the globe. She is a VERY valuable member to the club in that respect, and it would be a shame to see her leave the club entirely.

Although, like others, i want a new big sugar daddy at the club, i believe it''s almost "Criminal" for fans to send her abusive comments because of her ownership of the club. Those fans either have awful memory of what she has done for us into the past, or are just complete t***s.

If only Delia was a Billionaire....
[/quote]

Bl**dy well said John

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I don''t think it matters because I don''t think, hand on heart that PC will be back.  But I will be elated to be proven wrong [:)][/quote]

He won''t make the first move, that''s for sure.

I''m not too convinced that your statement that Delia giving a positive image for Norwich is true.  Certainly she has proved a good laugh to people outside Norwich.  I''m not being a typical ipswich fan here - but I have had a good laugh with many of my friends over Delia over the years and, as I am sure is the case with most of you, my circule of friends is made up of  supporters of many different clubs.  As a matter of interest I was just talking to my office in Manchester and asked the guy there (Man City fan as most are in Manchester!) whether he thought Delia was a positive thing for Norwich and he burst out laughing - and then quoted the "lets be ''avin'' you!".  Unfortunately whether you like it or not, her stock in the football world has gone down a few notches in the last couple of years.  What  am not saying is that she has not been good for you over the years, but as for keeping her just as a positive brand image - no!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

Maybe Delia and MWJ could maintain control of the non-football stuff, and allow Cullum to control the playing side of the business ?  Or would that not work ?

[/quote]

The two people Delia and MWJ "allowed in"[:|] to sort out the mess they`d made of the non-football stuff have just quit blah.......

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="John"][quote user="Peter Maidstone"]

[/quote]As long as Delia is happy staying here, I''d definitely want her as a figurehead. She''s brilliant for the fans and media, and i believe, gives a positive representation of Norwich City FC around the globe. She is a VERY valuable member to the club in that respect, and it would be a shame to see her leave the club entirely.Although, like others, i want a new big sugar daddy at the club, i believe it''s almost "Criminal" for fans to send her abusive comments because of her ownership of the club. Those fans either have awful memory of what she has done for us into the past, or are just complete t***s.If only Delia was a Billionaire....[/quote]

Bl**dy well said John

[/quote]Much appreciated Scooby Smile [:)]

ive been working at delia''s house again today and by the sounds of it she hasnt been sleeping well at all . whatever people think of her , she has the club at heart and fans who abuse her should be take a hard look at themselves . until someone comes in with untold millions , she will continue do do the best for the club im sure .

Once again Blue I find myself agreeing with you.

I too mix with supporters of other clubs and i get the same reaction.

Frankly she has been a PR nightmare for the last few years made worse when she uttered those words that cannot be mentioned.

If, however, by letting her be a figurehead means that we get an investor who is a successful business man then bring it on.

BTW if PC or someone of his ilk takes over, just see how Doomcasters role will change. That is if he keeps his job. No successful business man allows an accountant/solicitor to be the mouth piece.

Finally, why is all this vitriol aimed at PC by the pro Delia lobby. If anybody has had experience of negotiating with her then perhaps a fairer judgement could be made