Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Follow-up to Tuesday's announcement - updated throughout the day

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]So do we all think the £56mill price tag is a realistic one?  And if not what would you think would be a fair price tag?[/quote]

What do you think WAY? I don''t believe anyone has valued the club at 56m. The loans can''t be argued with and the only room for negotiation is the shares. I think the club valued the unissued shares at £30 but whether that''s what people would accept for their shares is a different matter. What would you accept for yours if you had a significant investment in the club?

[/quote]

The club stated itself that they wanted £56mill it''s not a figure I plucked from the air lol

Anyhow,  I don''t think the £56mill is a reasonable price tag, I think personally it''s pie in the sky and wishful thinking.  I think £40mill would be fair, but that''s just IMO.

If I had lots of shares I would accept what I paid for them providing big investment would be made back into the club.

Well I would not sell my shares at any price. The club is my life and soul no matter what division it is in. When in England it is my Saturday, my conduit to my children and my childrens children and my betting is that applies to most of the minority shareholders.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

"It was the hardest £20 million I ever tried to give away!"

Sucker punch right between the eyes!

[/quote]This was always my biggest fear. The club is now for sale and our "biggest fan" now doesn''t fancy it. [/quote]If I were a scpetic, I would say PC knows precisely what he''s doing and this is all part of the negotiation process.  Irrelevant of how rich he is, he will want the best price possible and this is simply his way of going about his business.  If you''ve ever worked in retail you will know realize the richer the customer the more discount they want and goodness don''t they make it clear.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]"bowed out with my tail between my legs", is that it then?
[/quote]

He bowed out at the time, but he has not stated I will NEVER invest one penny into NCFC, they had their chance, my money wasn''t welcome and now its the time to move on.  Or words to that effect.

[/quote]

Well where are all those Delia fans now, she has stuffed us up like kippers, All I can Say now is wait till the next home match. and hope for the clubs sake we have a new owner or its back to the Days of Chase out Demo''s  

[/quote]

Over here mate !! Here I am, and the rest of us.  I can''t wait til the next home game either, so I can laugh at you lot. Demo''s??  Yeah right! You and your cronies haven''t got the bottle.  It''s people like you and your kind that do more damage to this football club than anyone else with your persistant sniping and moaning. As usual you believe which ever little snippets you choose to and ignore the rest. The EN says Cullum doesn''t want it and the EDP reports a come and get me call.  So you quote the EN. Typical

Do Archant make it all up? I ask because the EDP says Pete Cullum - "Come and get me" and the Eve News say "no way would I invest...or is it that PC has a split personality?

So who to believe? If it wasn''t quite so stressful it would be rather exciting!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]So who to believe? If it wasn''t quite so stressful it would be rather exciting![/quote]

Just kick back, take it easy and listen to this Salahuddin. I think the lyrics are quite apt and by the time the guitar solo''s over, a deal might be done and dusted.  [:D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1mCQKuvzCM

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]So do we all think the £56mill price tag is a realistic one?  And if not what would you think would be a fair price tag?[/quote]

What do you think WAY? I don''t believe anyone has valued the club at 56m. The loans can''t be argued with and the only room for negotiation is the shares. I think the club valued the unissued shares at £30 but whether that''s what people would accept for their shares is a different matter. What would you accept for yours if you had a significant investment in the club?

[/quote]

The club stated itself that they wanted £56mill it''s not a figure I plucked from the air lol

Anyhow,  I don''t think the £56mill is a reasonable price tag, I think personally it''s pie in the sky and wishful thinking.  I think £40mill would be fair, but that''s just IMO.

If I had lots of shares I would accept what I paid for them providing big investment would be made back into the club.

[/quote]

I think you just bought yourself a Football Club WAY, but you paid a few million over the odds[:O]

The clubs valuation was repayment of loans £20m (possibly a bit more now ) and purchase of shares, £30 each based on the current price of the unissued shares, 16m. So that''s less than 40m.

As for accepting what you paid for the shares, many shareholders probably paid a lot less for their shares than what they are worth now. If a shareholder bought 25 shares for £1 over 40 years ago that £25 could have been a months wages. what would be a fair price for their shares?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you just bought yourself a Football Club WAY, but you paid a few million over the odds[:O]

The clubs valuation was repayment of loans £20m (possibly a bit more now ) and purchase of shares, £30 each based on the current price of the unissued shares, 16m. So that''s less than 40m.

As for accepting what you paid for the shares, many shareholders probably paid a lot less for their shares than what they are worth now. If a shareholder bought 25 shares for £1 over 40 years ago that £25 could have been a months wages. what would be a fair price for their shares?

[/quote]

It''s is over the odds, but a lot less than £56mill.  The club put the figures on their website, that''s what they wanted to buy the club outright, or did I read their statment wrong?  Anyhow I answered and you answered with yet another question.  So back to my original point???

I wouldn''t know about shares bought 40 years ago as I was still a baby lol.

Sometimes in life you have to do what''s right for the good of the whole and not the singular.  If I had bought shares for £20 I would expect £20 per share back, and if they offered more, all well and good.

The £56m included the £20m for buying players which was a pre-requisite for buying the club. As we now have a half decent squad perhaps a transfer budget of £5m at the end of the year would suffice? That would bring the price down to £41m.

[quote user="Nostradamus"]

The £56m included the £20m for buying players which was a pre-requisite for buying the club. As we now have a half decent squad perhaps a transfer budget of £5m at the end of the year would suffice? That would bring the price down to £41m.

[/quote]

Which is why I said £40mill, however, there should always be room for manouvre.  The club needed money, PC said he would put money in for overall control, the board says it''s £56mill, PC no thanks lol, what happened to finding middle ground and compromise for the good of the club?  We shall never know.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Is Cullum ruling himself out?

He has said all along he didn''t want to run the club and "would put his own people in".

This quote taken from EN does not say anthing to the contrary -

“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want to run a football club. I am not directly involved, but will watch with interest.”

[/quote]

Does that mean he is indirectly involved?

[/quote]

*cough* Turners*Cough*

jas :)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Nostradamus"]

[/quote]

Which is why I said £40mill, however, there should always be room for manouvre.  The club needed money, PC said he would put money in for overall control, the board says it''s £56mill, PC no thanks lol, what happened to finding middle ground and compromise for the good of the club?  We shall never know.

[/quote]

Some poster somewhere suggested that the £56m was aimed at the Turners rather PC which does have a sort of logic about it, with hindsight and them walking. This included the debts and £20m for the team. It was effectively the price to take the club private and would require 75% shareholder approval (I believe that is the regulation around PLCs). It would mean that unless the shareholders who wanted to keep their shares would need 26% support or the shares would be taken from them and they would be compensated at the takeover share price.

Now even at £30 per share DS & MWJ shareholding is only worth c£8m. If PC offered them this amount for their shareholding he would need to pay the Turners their £2m back and satisfy the bankers around the debt. He would also need to offer the same price to all other shareholders and no one knows how many would accept but if they all did the maximum is c£16m.

It makes the price range look like £28m (of which £20m would be club debt) to £36m (again £20m of club debt).

But from this point PC would be picking up the tab for £2m pa losses and transfers, that would be the test.

interesting what PC has to say ...“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want to run a football club. I am not directly involved, but will watch with interest.”

But later Mr Cullum offered a glimmer of hope that his cash could yet find its way into Carrow Road, even if he has no desire to actually become a board member.

He said: “The door was always open and it''s never closed. The onus is on the football club to come to me. I''ve made a couple of approaches and I was in danger of becoming a serious irritant. On that basis I will sit back and wait.”

i think he is waiting for delia and co goto crawling back to him tail betwwen legs...then that puts him in an even stronger possition.....

JUST HOPING IT ALL GETS SORTED SOONER RATHER THAN LATER...AND WHAT EVER HAPPENS IT ALL TURNS OUT TO BE GOOD FOR OUR BELOVED FOOTBALL CLUB

imo im not really bothered who comes in/out as long as they have the best interest of the club at heart and can take us forward(some 1 very rich would be nice tho)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s is over the odds, but a lot less than £56mill.  The club put the figures on their website, that''s what they wanted to buy the club outright, or did I read their statment wrong?  Anyhow I answered and you answered with yet another question.  So back to my original point???

Sometimes in life you have to do what''s right for the good of the whole and not the singular.  If I had bought shares for £20 I would expect £20 per share back, and if they offered more, all well and good.

[/quote]

Sorry WAY49 I did didn''t I!

I don''t think the club is worth 56m and as another poster pointed out that included 20m for Glen Roeder to spend on players. You asked for my valuation and it''s difficult to call. Obviously existing loans have to be paid off so thats 20.5m that we know of. But what value do we put on the shares? And that''s why I asked the question about what the shares are worth. I have 25 shares which my dad orinally paid £1 each for. That was my point about £25 being worth a lot more over 40 years ago. But it''s a real minority holding and it was never an investment to make money, just an investment commitment to the Football Club. So selling them on at £1 each if it was to help the club would be no sacrifice except that I would hate not owning that little bit of the club I love. But if I sell mine for £1 each does that mean everybody else has to? Even if they paid more for them? Or will each individual shareholder be able to sell for the price they paid? That would seriously pee me off if someone else with a similar holding to me got a few hundred quid because they bought their shares a few years ago. And then what about if Smith and Jones decide to sell their shares for £10 each so long as the buyer invests in the team. How would that be fair to other large shareholders if they end up out of pocket? So it''s difficult to know. But when the board negotiate a price I would imagine they have a duty to consider the interests of all their shareholders and not just Smith & Jones.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]"bowed out with my tail between my legs", is that it then?
[/quote]

He bowed out at the time, but he has not stated I will NEVER invest one penny into NCFC, they had their chance, my money wasn''t welcome and now its the time to move on.  Or words to that effect.

[/quote]

Well where are all those Delia fans now, she has stuffed us up like kippers, All I can Say now is wait till the next home match. and hope for the clubs sake we have a new owner or its back to the Days of Chase out Demo''s  

[/quote]

Over here mate !! Here I am, and the rest of us.  I can''t wait til the next home game either, so I can laugh at you lot. Demo''s??  Yeah right! You and your cronies haven''t got the bottle.  It''s people like you and your kind that do more damage to this football club than anyone else with your persistant sniping and moaning. As usual you believe which ever little snippets you choose to and ignore the rest. The EN says Cullum doesn''t want it and the EDP reports a come and get me call.  So you quote the EN. Typical

[/quote]

Scoobydoo if you can read, read this!

(today appeared to rule himself out of a takeover of Norwich City Football Club - when he stated “I don''t want to run a football club”.

But he later left the door open for him to invest cash into the Carrow Road coffers, although he said he would wait for the club to come to him.)

This is from the evening paper,the latest ! so the EN SAYS ITS POSSIBLY, now spin that round!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely unbelievable.The question you should be asking is where is "lifelong fan" Peter Cullum?He can no longer hide behind the "Delia didn''t want to sell so I walked away" excuse.Its time for the great man to shit or get off the pot.He started this whole ball rolling and now he''s keeping his head down,but,hey,everything''s still Delia''s fault isn''t it?Get your head out of your backside and try to get in touch with reality,for heaven''s sake.

[/quote]

i agree wholeheartedly. all these people have been urging Delia to sell up for god knows how long. Then she finally does exactly what they want and they criticise her for it! As for Peter Cullum, the comments about the ''hardest £20m he ever tried to give away'' is absolute nonsense. It''s like me going into Tesco''s and trying to pay for all my week''s shopping with a £5 note, and then claiming they are stupid not to want my money. He was not giving away money - he was BUYING a controlling share in a football club. He is a businessman, not a philanthropist.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think the club is worth 56m and as another poster pointed out that included 20m for Glen Roeder to spend on players. You asked for my valuation and it''s difficult to call. Obviously existing loans have to be paid off so thats 20.5m that we know of. But what value do we put on the shares? And that''s why I asked the question about what the shares are worth. I have 25 shares which my dad orinally paid £1 each for. That was my point about £25 being worth a lot more over 40 years ago. But it''s a real minority holding and it was never an investment to make money, just an investment commitment to the Football Club. So selling them on at £1 each if it was to help the club would be no sacrifice except that I would hate not owning that little bit of the club I love. But if I sell mine for £1 each does that mean everybody else has to? Even if they paid more for them? Or will each individual shareholder be able to sell for the price they paid? That would seriously pee me off if someone else with a similar holding to me got a few hundred quid because they bought their shares a few years ago. And then what about if Smith and Jones decide to sell their shares for £10 each so long as the buyer invests in the team. How would that be fair to other large shareholders if they end up out of pocket? So it''s difficult to know. But when the board negotiate a price I would imagine they have a duty to consider the interests of all their shareholders and not just Smith & Jones.

[/quote]

Isn''t it nice to debate and not let it turn into a slanging match? lol ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a pleasant change[:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn''t it nice to debate and not let it turn into a slanging match? lol ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a pleasant change[:)]

Who asked you to stick your nose in, now bugger off[:P]

[/quote]

For those who''ve forgotten, it was the Club that quoted the figure of £56M in the Official statement, made up as follows:-

Investment in playing squad                                                                       £20 million
Purchase of shares based on current share issue price of £30 per share      £16 million*
Repayment of bank debt that would be triggered by a change of control      £16 million
Repayment of directors'' loans                                                                     £4 million
                                                                                                   TOTAL £56 million

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

interesting what PC has to say ...“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want to run a football club. I am not directly involved, but will watch with interest.”

But later Mr Cullum offered a glimmer of hope that his cash could yet find its way into Carrow Road, even if he has no desire to actually become a board member.

He said: “The door was always open and it''s never closed. The onus is on the football club to come to me. I''ve made a couple of approaches and I was in danger of becoming a serious irritant. On that basis I will sit back and wait.”

i think he is waiting for delia and co goto crawling back to him tail betwwen legs...then that puts him in an even stronger possition.....

JUST HOPING IT ALL GETS SORTED SOONER RATHER THAN LATER...AND WHAT EVER HAPPENS IT ALL TURNS OUT TO BE GOOD FOR OUR BELOVED FOOTBALL CLUB

imo im not really bothered who comes in/out as long as they have the best interest of the club at heart and can take us forward(some 1 very rich would be nice tho)

[/quote]

His comments today seem somewhat contradictory to what he was saying earlier in the summer. Back then, he said "I am not prepared to put that sort of money in the club without control", yet today he''s seems to be suggesting that his 20m was some kind of donation with little or no strings attached.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

For those who''ve forgotten, it was the Club that quoted the figure of £56M in the Official statement, made up as follows:-

Investment in playing squad                                                                       £20 million
Purchase of shares based on current share issue price of £30 per share      £16 million*
Repayment of bank debt that would be triggered by a change of control      £16 million
Repayment of directors'' loans                                                                     £4 million
                                                                                                   TOTAL £56 million

[/quote]

Yes indeed it was Gazza. But I was under the impression that was the cost of buying the club including 20m investment in the team. And was quoted after the alleged offer to put 20m into Glen Roeders budget in return for control. We are given to understand the directors loans are more than 4m now but surely if someone came up with the money for the loans, the bank debt and the shares they would own the club and it would be up to them what they gave Roeder to spend.

If you are saying that the 20m to Roeder is a condition of sale then I say good on ''em! [Y]

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

His comments today seem somewhat contradictory to what he was saying earlier in the summer. Back then, he said "I am not prepared to put that sort of money in the club without control", yet today he''s seems to be suggesting that his 20m was some kind of donation with little or no strings attached.[/quote]

Its called "playing to the audience"

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GazzaTCC"]

TOTAL £56 million

[/quote]

Yes indeed it was Gazza. But I was under the impression that was the cost of buying the club including 20m investment in the team. And was quoted after the alleged offer to put 20m into Glen Roeders budget in return for control. We are given to understand the directors loans are more than 4m now but surely if someone came up with the money for the loans, the bank debt and the shares they would own the club and it would be up to them what they gave Roeder to spend.

If you are saying that the 20m to Roeder is a condition of sale then I say good on ''em! [Y]

[/quote]

Nutty, as you point out, they weren''t actually valuing the Club at £56M, they were stating, in order for someone to make £20M available for transfers, they''d actually have to potentially find another £36M to buy out all the shares, repay the debt and shareholder debt. Of course, if he was to offer D&M less than £30 per share, then the total sharebuy back would be less than the £16M figure quoted.