Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Ed Balls

Caught the end of Ed Balls on Simon Mayo on Five Live saying about him and Charles Clarke singing On the Ball City together and it being the oldest football song around. Did anyway hear all the interview and if so did he say anything about the Delia/ PC situation?

[quote user="shortfatb"]Caught the end of Ed Balls on Simon Mayo on Five Live saying about him and Charles Clarke singing On the Ball City together and it being the oldest football song around. Did anyway hear all the interview and if so did he say anything about the Delia/ PC situation?[/quote]

Balls & Clarke - ''celebrity supporters'' or what [;)]

No, he said nothing of importance.Mentioned the food being good!? Also said that he and Clarke sit in the Upper Barclay. Anybody see them?

Yes Clarke is there most games. Goes in the Gunn Club.

Dont agree with his poiitics but fair do''s to the bloke he''s a yella through and through and always dresses pretty scruffy so ''melts'' in with the rest of us scruffy b*****ds.

Respect!

[quote user="Herman ze German"]No, he said nothing of importance.Mentioned the food being good!? Also said that he and Clarke sit in the Upper Barclay. Anybody see them?[/quote]

Don''t know about Ed Balls but see Charles Clarke talking to the lady who sits in front of me pretty much every halftime

[quote user="Strawberry"]

Ian Gibson sits in B block lower barclay about half way back.

[/quote]A good man is old Gibbo - a proper politician who fights for the ordinary man and (despite being a scot) a proper city fan. Now don''t get me started on Clarke and Balls - People like them are the reason the Labour party and this country are up a certain creek with no paddle.

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"][quote user="Strawberry"]

Ian Gibson sits in B block lower barclay about half way back.

[/quote]
A good man is old Gibbo - a proper politician who fights for the ordinary man and (despite being a scot) a proper city fan. Now don''t get me started on Clarke and Balls - People like them are the reason the Labour party and this country are up a certain creek with no paddle.
[/quote]

I''m not a fan of Labour.....But, I do have a lot of time and respect for Ian Gibson.

Ed Balls and Clarke? PAH!

I''m OK with Ed Balls, I think he''s reasonably straight and of the next generation of good guys. His name does make me think of Arse Elbow type criticisms.

Letter from Mr Balls  dated July 31 2008 to Stephen Bullock, Mayor of Lewisham:

"We have been impressed by the approaches taken in Lewisham to achieve imporvment in standards in schools."

Now happily enshrined in Private Eye and another £30 quid in the till[8-|].

Norwich is a lovely club.  It''s such a pity about Ed Balls and Charles Clarke - Mr Clarke to politics what Peter Grant was to Norwich City.

General view, currently, is Balls by name, Balls by nature.[:|]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Judging by the comments, I guess Ed Balls is an MP?  Whomever he is, the name is hilarious![/quote]He should have been a footballer. Apparently there was an Australian goalkeeper called Norman Conquest..Anyone hear the Ian Rush interview just after? Seems he remembers a goal he scored when we beat Liverpool 2-1..what year would that have been?

11/4/87....The first time Liverpool had lost when Rush scored....Drinkell and Putney scored late on (70 and 88) to give us a win...we finished 5th behind Everton, Liverpool,Tottenham and Arsenal in our first season back up in Div 1