Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Why do we persist in playin Jamie Cureton?

The guy constantly missed open goals last season and it has continued this season. Any other player would have scored 2 goals in 2 games by now. JC has 0 in 2, just about sums him up as a striker really!

I really don''t know, Im a fan of JC and the fact he''s always loved NC.  However I have to relent and say he should be dropped from the side, but the bigger question is, bring who in?  Lupoli, not 100% match fit and still too small to play without a big man up front, Rusty who is a midfielder and not an out and out striker.

It''s the Manager that puts the team out, and we have to accept we are still not good enough. Worried for this season now, looking at the next 6 games. 9 games without a win will be scarey

[quote user="Cobain18"]The guy constantly missed open goals last season and it has continued this season. Any other player would have scored 2 goals in 2 games by now. JC has 0 in 2, just about sums him up as a striker really![/quote]HE BLEEDS YELLOW AND GREEN, HE LOVES THIS CLUB.Ashton >>> Earnshaw >>> Cureton.It''s evolution, only in reverse.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Who comes after Cureton, I wonder [:S][/quote]It''s quite a fun game - we''ll call it "Niwrad" for now.See also:Francis >>> Jarrett >>> Hughes >>> FotheringhamThe only place it doesn''t really work is central defence as we''ve never been that good to start with.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I really don''t know, Im a fan of JC and the fact he''s always loved NC.  However I have to relent and say he should be dropped from the side, but the bigger question is, bring who in?  Lupoli, not 100% match fit and still too small to play without a big man up front, Rusty who is a midfielder and not an out and out striker.[/quote]

I honestly think that either OJ or Lupoli would be better - Cureton has a track record of missing open goals for a season and a bit now. It may seem a bit desperate but let''s give OJ a run in the side or start with Lupoli ad sub him. I think you should always start with your best side and JC does not make it for my money

Ashton ---> Earnie ---> CuretonFrancis ---> Etuhu ---> RussellHolt ---> Jarrett ---> Hughes ---> Pattison....I''m getting a pattern here...You can''t defend penalty misses, just where are the goals gonna come from?

To be honest I was very unhappy when we bought him, yes he is a fan, but so am I, and I certainly shouldn''t be put in a yellow shirt! Cureton was signed to placate angry fans who had just seen Earnie move for a mere fraction of his true value. It didn''t work!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]To be honest I was very unhappy when we bought him, yes he is a fan, but so am I, and I certainly shouldn''t be put in a yellow shirt! Cureton was signed to placate angry fans who had just seen Earnie move for a mere fraction of his true value. It didn''t work![/quote]

They shouted us down when we warned them at the time and it gives me no pleasure to be proved right.

Jamie is a lovely lad but we brought him back at the tail end of a career where he had made his name at a lower level. The task of propelling us into the top six was always going to be beyond him. Sad for Jamie but it must be obvious to all now.

people say jc bleeds yellow and green. the only thing i can remember him ever doing is having his hair yellow and green for that scum game!

I''ve said it ever since we signed him - we were sh*t with Earnshaw in the team so why would an inferior like-for-like replacement make us any better?