Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

MK Dons v Norwich City - official match thread

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

why is one labelled a boo boy for finally getting exasperated after 4 years abject failure, lack of investment and inablity to move forward?

I am a positive person...but it is same old, same old. Our attendence, set up manager et al demands so much more than is being delivered.

[/quote]

Glad to find you converted Vic.

Some of them still can''t see the truth yet.

Haha JC you really think I am in denial? I will be realistic about whatever position we are in, but you can''t judge a side on 2 games.

You throw out claims of denial, but from where I am looking you are deluded.

[quote user="A steaming pile of Efan Ekoku"]Wolves are losing 1-0 to accrington stanley

Lollerskates.
[/quote]

Does anybody know what happened to we8wba...?

ncfcstar - I take it that the pathetic fans are those without the realism that you deem to THE realism?

We don''t really seem to be capable of stepping it up, but at least Rusty is joining with the attack now....

Talking about another JC - Jamie Cureton - Has he even touched the ball since coming on!?

Typical Cureton fashion he comes on and does relatively nothing...

Oh dear, we have lost now - PATTISON IS COMING ON!

[quote user="JC"]Youre right.  Why have we taken Hooloahn off?

Thought this was a match thread, we seem to be talking about everything but...

surley there are other threads for other subjects?

[/quote]I think wesley is being saved for saturday. And i presume glenn thinks that if he was going to be the difference against these big lumps at the back (despite, according to the commentary, being able to knock it about a bit) then he would have been by now....

The real concern for me though....is pattison is coming on.

WWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY???????!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Haha JC you really think I am in denial? I will be realistic about whatever position we are in, but you can''t judge a side on 2 games. You throw out claims of denial, but from where I am looking you are deluded.[/quote]

But you can judge Delia, MWJ & Co on 12 years of relative failure.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]SAFU, it''s not about giving Smith time, it''s about giving a completely new squad the time to gel, you honestly could not expect them to turn people over from the off this season, it was always going to take time for them to get going.[/quote]

Agreed, but should a deal have been put into motion in Oct/Nov/Dec last year ( which If Delia wanted, she could have thrashed out to her advantage) we would have had a squad ''gelled'' ready for the new season. Quite simpy, GR is not to blame and neither are the players ( I support them both with an equal passion as any here) but I see a senario where we will be well adrift of any hope of even challenging for a play off and probably out of both cup comp''s by Christmas.....GR is not to blame, he is an astute manager, the players are not to blame...they are the players they are....the only person that can change our fortunes is a certain chef that quite simply is incapable of taking us any further and worse, she is incapable of making the decision that she must eventually make ie quit. She has done wonders for NCFC, but she should have had the courage to admit she is incapable of ''mothering'' NCFC any further a year ago.........

yeah... pattison for lupoli...

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="JC"]Youre right.  Why have we taken Hooloahn off?

Thought this was a match thread, we seem to be talking about everything but...

surley there are other threads for other subjects?

[/quote]

I think wesley is being saved for saturday. And i presume glenn thinks that if he was going to be the difference against these big lumps at the back (despite, according to the commentary, being able to knock it about a bit) then he would have been by now....

The real concern for me though....

is pattison is coming on.

WWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY???????!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

no you cannot judge on 2 games...but you can state that we have signed fairly average players...have no attackers of note and that no one in our side would get into the Birmingham 11 or such like. People said all this gel stuff last season....and we know what happened there. its getting silly and I am certain that if callum had been allowed to take charge the team would be much better than this.

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

Mr Pickle and others with a similar romantic notion are the reason Mrs Smith still has control of NCFC. Give her time, let''s see what happens, don''t panic, it''ll be alright, let''s see how the next ten games work out......you my friend have missed the plot. Failure and likewise success, are created by individuals that are able to make decisions -be they right or wrong- at the time they need to be made. The waiting game should only be played when success is the worst outcome....NCFC do not have that luxury.

[/quote]

Er, no.  You are so wide of the mark it could be an Efan Ekoku volley. 

It is astounding how you can draw any conclusions from 2 games.  I want my club to as successful as anyone, but am realistic enough to suggest that when you have brought in 11 players in close season that it might take a few games for them to gel as a team. 

I can see that a similar sort of thing could and probably would have happened had we had Cullum''s £20m to spend.  And I would have been saying precisely the same thing.  Who owns our club has precisely bugger all to do with it.  For you to put words in my mouth and suggest anything else is moronic. 

HEY !! You lot!!!  If you want to rant then B***ER OFF elsewhere !!!!  This is the match thread

So, where were we.

Oh yes, He''s bringing Patty on for Arturo................. ???????

Is it just me or does Fotheringham seem to be playing rather bad tonight? Based on Goram''s commentary Mark''s shots are going high wide and anything but handsome, his passing is off and is being out-muscled in midfield - no surprise...

Ricardo and SAFU, I am not a fan of Delia and I agree with your points. But the complaints at the beginning of this thread from JC were regarding the playing/management side of the club, which IMO have no responsibility for poor performances at the moment because they need time to gel. It annoys me that some of the Delia bashers have now decided to turn their attentions onto the team as well, because they are not to blame.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Is it just me or does Fotheringham seem to be playing rather bad tonight? Based on Goram''s commentary Mark''s shots are going high wide and anything but handsome, his passing is off and is being out-muscled in midfield - no surprise...[/quote]

Yeah, I thought so too. I think if he wasn''t skipper he''d have been dragged off with a flea in his ear.

lol... good shout scooby

[quote user="Scooby"]

HEY !! You lot!!!  If you want to rant then B***ER OFF elsewhere !!!!  This is the match thread

So, where were we.

Oh yes, He''s bringing Patty on for Arturo................. ???????

[/quote]

There is not an ounce of quality in this side , i personally think they will do worse than Grants lot , nobody in the squad can even get close to scoring and we still leak goals .

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Is it just me or does Fotheringham seem to be playing rather bad tonight? Based on Goram''s commentary Mark''s shots are going high wide and anything but handsome, his passing is off and is being out-muscled in midfield - no surprise...[/quote]

Yeah, I thought so too. I think if he wasn''t skipper he''d have been dragged off with a flea in his ear.

[/quote]i courteously disagree with you (no asterisks from me [:)] ) fotheringham was superb on saturday and i think has been so regularly since dec 07. And listening to the radio can be so misleading. i heard them refer to pattison as a footballer once...

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]There is not an ounce of quality in this side , i personally think they will do worse than Grants lot , nobody in the squad can even get close to scoring and we still leak goals .[/quote]have you seen hoolahan play in a norwich shirt yet mate?not being provocative, just if you had, you would at the very minimum have said "there''s no more than one ounce..."

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]There is not an ounce of quality in this side , i personally think they will do worse than Grants lot , nobody in the squad can even get close to scoring and we still leak goals .
[/quote]

I agree we can''t hit a cows arse with a banjo, but bear in mind we aren''t playing our best centre halves.  I don''t think Omo and Shax will be there on Sat.

Does anybody believe me yet? and remember i was the first one on this forum to tell you all grant would lead us to the depths of despair!!. Any team with Fotheringham and croft in is going nowhere exceept league one..wake up Glen for the sake of NCFC and its amazing supporters who make up 1/3 rd of tonights crowd

SEAT did you go on saturday? cos you must be the only person who thinks fozzy was any good, he was sh**e!!!

[quote user="jim blair"]Does anybody believe me yet? and remember i was the first one on this forum to tell you all grant would lead us to the depths of despair!!. Any team with Fotheringham and croft in is going nowhere exceept league one..wake up Glen for the sake of NCFC and its amazing supporters who make up 1/3 rd of tonights crowd[/quote]

oh moan elsewhere... this is a match thread.... for the match.

There are about a thousand other threads on this site where people are saying the same thing as you, go on them.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

i courteously disagree with you (no asterisks from me [:)] )

fotheringham was superb on saturday and i think has been so regularly since dec 07. And listening to the radio can be so misleading. i heard them refer to pattison as a footballer once...
[/quote]

Unfortunately I didn''t go on Saturday so I can''t comment but I''ve heard so many times tonight that he''s given the ball away.  I don''t even think Adams can be misleading about that. 

[quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

Yeah, he is sounding very poor.