Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

MK Dons v Norwich City - official match thread

If we lose tonight then those of us who voiced concerns about lack of investment, over reliance on loans and the criminal lack of a decent target man are at least vindicated.  Obviously I would rather we score three in the second half, but some people really, really need to wake up and see the team we REALLY have rather than what they HOPED we had.[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]I was slaughtered last week for suggesting the lack of money spent and genuine lack of threat up front was cause for concern...am I still being overly negative....or airing reasonable concern?[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]If we lose tonight then those of us who voiced concerns about lack of investment, over reliance on loans and the criminal lack of a decent target man are at least vindicated.  Obviously I would rather we score three in the second half, but some people really, really need to wake up and see the team we REALLY have rather than what they HOPED we had.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]I was slaughtered last week for suggesting the lack of money spent and genuine lack of threat up front was cause for concern...am I still being overly negative....or airing reasonable concern?[/quote][/quote]

Two games does not make a season.  What defeat today would do is to vindicate those who said that it might take time for the side to gel and settle together.  What it would not do is write our season off.  If we lose tonight and continue to get poor results for a 10 game spell, then perhaps you can claim you were right, but not before.

JC WROTE:

If we lose tonight then those of us who voiced concerns about lack of investment, over reliance on loans and the criminal lack of a decent target man are at least vindicated. Obviously I would rather we score three in the second half, but some people really, really need to wake up and see the team we REALLY have rather than what they HOPED we had.

------------------------------------------------------------

No you''re wrong its one game at the start of the season, last year Grant won this 5-2, then look what happened. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but luckily for you it fits into your propaganda. I don''t really mind if we lose tonight, we always perform poorly in the cups so it''s nothing new.

[quote user="A steaming pile of Efan Ekoku"]Wolves are losing 1-0 to accrington stanleyLollerskates.[/quote]What the F*** does that matter to us.!!!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]and Lincoln are beating Derby.[/quote]

I was proud of their first half performance against a team two Divisions above.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="A steaming pile of Efan Ekoku"]Wolves are losing 1-0 to accrington stanleyLollerskates.[/quote]What the F*** does that matter to us.!!![/quote]Er, um, it means that they''re keeping their squad fresh for our game in October by going out of the cup early ?Ok then, honestly, I dunno.

[quote user="JC"]If we lose tonight then those of us who voiced concerns about lack of investment, over reliance on loans and the criminal lack of a decent target man are at least vindicated.  Obviously I would rather we score three in the second half, but some people really, really need to wake up and see the team we REALLY have rather than what they HOPED we had.[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]I was slaughtered last week for suggesting the lack of money spent and genuine lack of threat up front was cause for concern...am I still being overly negative....or airing reasonable concern?[/quote][/quote]this is SO boring.I think i actually want norwich to be successful more to shut the boo boys up more than i do for my own personal happiness.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Carrow Roeder"]I''m only listening to it on Radio Norfolk, but why does it seem as though this "in your face for 90 minutes" Norwich Team shows the first signs of not being present in only the 2nd game? Thought we were in Coventry''s face for 90 minutes last saturday, and for about 5 minutes tonight! Got to up the tempo and get Hoolahan involved 2nd half or we will face an early cup exit as always[/quote]

not sure it would be such a bad thing mate to be honest to go out first round and third round of the cups respectively.
[/quote]

Yes I entirely agree, we can then concentrate on the infrastructure.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="A steaming pile of Efan Ekoku"]Wolves are losing 1-0 to accrington stanleyLollerskates.[/quote]What the F*** does that matter to us.!!![/quote]Nothing at all, just makes me feel better that other championship teams are also losing to lower league opposition. But if you felt that you had to take the time out of your day to comment on that then that is cool.

BOO BOYS?  Voicing a concern on a norwich forum?  Do I boo at the games?  No.So f** off.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="JC"]If we lose tonight then those of us who voiced concerns about lack of investment, over reliance on loans and the criminal lack of a decent target man are at least vindicated.  Obviously I would rather we score three in the second half, but some people really, really need to wake up and see the team we REALLY have rather than what they HOPED we had.[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]I was slaughtered last week for suggesting the lack of money spent and genuine lack of threat up front was cause for concern...am I still being overly negative....or airing reasonable concern?[/quote][/quote]this is SO boring.I think i actually want norwich to be successful more to shut the boo boys up more than i do for my own personal happiness.[/quote]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="JC"]If we lose tonight then those of us who voiced concerns about lack of investment, over reliance on loans and the criminal lack of a decent target man are at least vindicated.  Obviously I would rather we score three in the second half, but some people really, really need to wake up and see the team we REALLY have rather than what they HOPED we had.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]I was slaughtered last week for suggesting the lack of money spent and genuine lack of threat up front was cause for concern...am I still being overly negative....or airing reasonable concern?[/quote][/quote]

Two games does not make a season.  What defeat today would do is to vindicate those who said that it might take time for the side to gel and settle together.  What it would not do is write our season off.  If we lose tonight and continue to get poor results for a 10 game spell, then perhaps you can claim you were right, but not before.

[/quote]

Mr Pickle and others with a similar romantic notion are the reason Mrs Smith still has control of NCFC. Give her time, let''s see what happens, don''t panic, it''ll be alright, let''s see how the next ten games work out......you my friend have missed the plot. Failure and likewise success, are created by individuals that are able to make decisions -be they right or wrong- at the time they need to be made. The waiting game should only be played when success is the worst outcome....NCFC do not have that luxury.

why is one labelled a boo boy for finally getting exasperated after 4 years abject failure, lack of investment and inablity to move forward?

I am a positive person...but it is same old, same old. Our attendence, set up manager et al demands so much more than is being delivered.

I`m really not interested in getting involved in a slanging match between the Delia - ites / keep the faithers V`s The New Cullumite revolutionaries. However the lack of capital expenditure will look a bit silly if we get knocked out of the mickey mouse cup. What I`m more interested in is the financial recriminations of missing out on the next 3 rounds (which should be a reasonable target for a semi ambitious championship club??!!??) Any thoughts??[^o)]

SAFU, it''s not about giving Smith time, it''s about giving a completely new squad the time to gel, you honestly could not expect them to turn people over from the off this season, it was always going to take time for them to get going.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]JC WROTE: If we lose tonight then those of us who voiced concerns about lack of investment, over reliance on loans and the criminal lack of a decent target man are at least vindicated. Obviously I would rather we score three in the second half, but some people really, really need to wake up and see the team we REALLY have rather than what they HOPED we had. ------------------------------------------------------------ No you''re wrong its one game at the start of the season, last year Grant won this 5-2, then look what happened. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but luckily for you it fits into your propaganda. I don''t really mind if we lose tonight, we always perform poorly in the cups so it''s nothing new.[/quote]

No it means nothing, just like the friendlies meant nothing, just like losing 2-0 away to a poor coventry means nothing. Unfortunately this is the sort of attitude most fans on this site to seem to have. Head in the sand springs to mind. Fans with no ambition. Pathetic.

Deep down a lot of people know its true but dont dare admit it to themselves.  Hence the hostility and denial to my post.  Nothing bad about my post other than expressing my opinion about the team which is NOT an unreasonable opinion.  Apparently it means nothing, its propaganda, Im a boo boy.  You can always tell when people get rattled on this forum.

[quote user="fearofambition"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]JC WROTE: If we lose tonight then those of us who voiced concerns about lack of investment, over reliance on loans and the criminal lack of a decent target man are at least vindicated. Obviously I would rather we score three in the second half, but some people really, really need to wake up and see the team we REALLY have rather than what they HOPED we had. ------------------------------------------------------------ No you''re wrong its one game at the start of the season, last year Grant won this 5-2, then look what happened. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but luckily for you it fits into your propaganda. I don''t really mind if we lose tonight, we always perform poorly in the cups so it''s nothing new.[/quote]

No it means nothing, just like the friendlies meant nothing, just like losing 2-0 away to a poor coventry means nothing. Unfortunately this is the sort of attitude most fans on this site to seem to have. Head in the sand springs to mind. Fans with no ambition. Pathetic.

[/quote]

I do not boo at games and I dont see why I should be called a boo boy for expressing a legitimate opinion, just because it is not the rose tinted shite some people want to read.

Youre right.  Why have we taken Hooloahn off?

Thought this was a match thread, we seem to be talking about everything but...

surley there are other threads for other subjects?

To me, "boo boys" means those concentrating on negative factors over finding the positive rather than those who are male and who boo at games.but if we''re taking everything on "a norwich forum" so literally then i''ll be having sex off, however I do that [:)]

fear of ambition wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------

It''s not the attitude I will have in say 7 or 8 games time, but these players need time to gel as a team, if you don''t give them that time then we will never get results. If we''re 2-0 down on Sat are you going to boo? Do you actually go to the games? My head is not in the sand at all, I am being realistic, you can''t expect them to turn teams over from the start. Fans with no realism. Pathetic.

Sky sports news just said he was playing well.... god knows, glenn saving him for the weekend?!

[quote user="JC"]Youre right.  Why have we taken Hooloahn off?

Thought this was a match thread, we seem to be talking about everything but...

surley there are other threads for other subjects?

[/quote]