Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Thursday 14th August - My A level results day...

[quote user="C.T "]

Dont worry people I shall be on here celebrating my fantastic GCSE results next week [B][Y]

I hope everyone got the results they wanted/needed.[:)]

[/quote]C.T. I thought you were older than that from your highly intelligent posts, where did you go to school in cambridge?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

degrees arent a waste of time...

but employers look to experiance... a graduate who has spent 5 years

working in a bar to top up his earnings... or someone who has been

doing similar for 3 years.... who would hit the ground running?

jas :)

[/quote]

Depends entirely on the degree in question though, surely? I could

quite easily get a job at an insurance company based on my 6 years

experience at the Onion, but if I tried to apply for an Environmental

Agency or a job in research, I''d probably be laughed out of the office

without a degree... Of course if I was a Philosophy Student you''d

probably be right....

Not forgetting where you get your degree from as well Evil, someone with a degree say from Nottingham is far more employable than someone who gets a degree from Anglia Ruskin for example.

[quote user="dom141"][quote user="C.T "]

Dont worry people I shall be on here celebrating my fantastic GCSE results next week [B][Y]

[/quote]

C.T. I thought you were older than that from your highly intelligent posts, where did you go to school in cambridge?
[/quote]

Please tell me this is a wind up... his posts reflect that of a 10 year old.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Not forgetting where you get your degree from as well Evil, someone with a degree say from Nottingham is far more employable than someone who gets a degree from Anglia Ruskin for example.[/quote]

can''t stand Nottingham Uni students, most of them are spoilt rich kids who failed to get into Cambridge, Oxford etc and had to settle for Nottingham. [:D]

I guess well done to those who did well, but when I was a lad it was proper hard. Seriously, it is getting farcical and devalues the results, making it hard for universities to actually judge the talent of candidates anymore.

[quote user="Gunner"][quote user="dom141"][quote user="C.T "]

[/quote]C.T. I thought you were older than that from your highly intelligent posts, where did you go to school in cambridge?[/quote]

[/quote][:P]

[quote user="dom141"][quote user="Gunner"][quote user="dom141"][quote user="C.T "]

[/quote]

C.T. I thought you were older than that from your highly intelligent posts, where did you go to school in cambridge?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[:P]
[/quote]

Yea OK lets all have a dig at C.T eh? Easy target an all that[:$]

haha. Mum tried to make me go to hills road cos thats where she works, but I made her let me stay at the perse. Do you play football? Might play you next term..

I got a B in Business Studies, C in Geography and General Studies, and an E in ICT.

So thats me sorted as my job originally indicated id need 2 C''s to start (although ive started early).

Good luck to everyone off to University, never went myself but both my brothers did and had a marvelous time!!!

4 A''s. Double maths, chem. and physics (general studies doesn''t even count). hope everyone gets the grades they want.

[quote user="Fellas"]4 A''s. Double maths, chem. and physics (general studies doesn''t even count). hope everyone gets the grades they want.
[/quote]

Well done mate, flippin good results!

happy memories, 9 years back going to city college and seeing an E, N and U. yet still went to sheffield hallam after a year out (working, and drinking, not saving any money). I then failed to complete my course but stayed til the bitter end coz enjoyed the uni life.so the morale of the story, do fak all, go and do even less and you''ll end up with a cushy job working for national express,making a nice amount!!!! they don''t tell you that on the support lines!!!

Well done Carrow Roeder[*] and Fella''s[*] [Y]

And Marty my friend, don''t go trying to put them down. I got respect for people who pass these exams and get good grades. Back in my day I didn''t get any, a big fat 0[:$] Still.. maybe I can feel better about that now I know it was proper hard.[H] I walked out of school oneday when I was 15, walked into Jarrolds store and got a job. You could do that then. It''s different now, I believe it''s harder now so it works both ways.

[quote user="keyser Soze"]bloody students, workshy soap dodgers the lot of em![/quote]Bloody Old people, workshy coffin dodgers the lot of em!

[quote user="keyser Soze"]bloody students, workshy soap dodgers the lot of em![/quote]I like students.  Know how to have a good time, can hold an interesting conversation and generally decent types.

Just caught up with this thread.Great results,Fellas and Carrow Roeder!! The next three years of your life should be great and I envy you.I wish I could turn the clock back to 1975 and do it all over again!

I got A in history, D in Critical Thinking and B''s in Media and Sociology. [:D]

Only in my 1st year at Sixth Form so no uni yet. I want to go somewhere where i can get back to Carrow Road but it doesn''t look easy! Bournemouth is one option, but it''s a 10 hour round trip so maybe not!

UEA it is [;)]